PDA

View Full Version : $80 for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition, no Season Pass

CptPakundo
10-04-2013, 10:00 PM
So the pre-order page for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag went up on Steam today.
First thing to notice is that the base game now has the price tag of $60 as opposed to Assassin's Creed 3's initial $50.
Second thing to note is that the Digital Deluxe Edition, still priced at $80, like how it was with AC3 back in the day.

And the third, most important thing to notice is that it does NOT include the Season Pass.

Does this mean that if I want to purchase access to all AC4 content right from the start, it would mean I'd have to pre-order the $80 digital deluxe edition, AND buy the $20-$30 Season Pass later down the road whenever it becomes available for purchase?

Is Assassin's Creed 4 really that much more of an expensive package as far as Ubisoft are concerned?

Siliconhobbit
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM
The Season's Pass is included in the Gold Edition on Steam.

Directly from Steam Page for AC4:
Pre-Purchase Offer

Pre-Purchase Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ now and receive the following bonus items:

Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack: Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume

Pirates Bounty Pack: German Rapiers & Compass Relic

Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics

Gold Edition

Pre-Purchase Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Gold Edition now and receive the following bonus items:

Resources Pack: Increase cargo capacity; Give 250 units of metal, wood, cloth, sugar, and rum

Collectibles Pack: Reveal the locations of collectibles on the map

Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics

Extra Content included in Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Gold Edition:

Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!

Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack: Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume

The Trove of Mystery Pack: Iron Wheel & Astrolabe Relic

Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics

Hidden Mystery Pack: Adventurous treasure-hunting mission on Mystery Island; Unlock Stede Bonnet's Ship, Costumes and other MP items

Black Island Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Black Island; Unlock the Deadly Black Ship and Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols, Costume, Picture, and Title

Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

adventurewomen
10-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Why not just wait till the price goes down? Season Passes aren't limited. :)

Assassin_Banana
10-04-2013, 11:05 PM
geez $80 is expensive...and no season pass?? who knows, maybe all the content you are asking about is on this "Golden" edition. I personally, will wait for Steam to offer this game for $10 dlls. Like it did for the previous Assassin Creed games all in Deluxe Edition. After AC3 I'm not spending my money on this games just for the hype.

Hartz4Empfanger
10-04-2013, 11:28 PM
hello

so the ac4 gold edition from the us store features the season pass and adewale missions and the european digital deluxe doesnt?

directly from the steam page:

Pre-Purchase Offer
Pre-Purchase Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ now and receive the following bonus items:

so far the same in standard version

Digital Deluxe Edition

Pre Order - Deluxe Edition
Pre-order now and enjoy the following in-game items:

Trove of Mystery This pack contains The Matched Golden Swords and Treasure Hunter Costume, Picture and Title. The Ivory Wheel, and one exclusive The Cartographer picture, relic, title and emblem.

Digital Deluxe Edition
This pack contains new locations to discover and explore: Sacrifice Island, Black Island and Mystery Island. Find the hidden treasure chests to get access to new outfits and weapons for Edward, and figureheads and sails for you ship. Obtain new and exclusives costumes, pictures, titles, relics and emblems for multiplayer!

Also contains:

The Castaway's Prize This pack contains The German Rapiers The Discoverer picture, title, relix and emblem.

DLC Aveline A memorable and epic adventure composed of 3 Aveline's mission unveiling a strange new 1st civilization artifact…

its not named the same at some points but thats all in the gold edition but compared with gold i dont see:

-Resources Pack: Increase cargo capacity; Give 250 units of metal, wood, cloth, sugar, and rum
-Collectibles Pack: Reveal the locations of collectibles on the map
-Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!

-(it seems there are 3 types of wheels gold, ivory and iron whats with them? in dde is ivory and in gold edition is iron why not all 3 in each?)

may it just not be displayed and the dde contains this or is it not included and i have to get the season pass extra?

thanks in advance,
JRK

lasha7716
10-04-2013, 11:52 PM
on uplay DDE cost 30USD so why it's 80 on steam?

SixKeys
10-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Ubi's system of various editions of its games is just as confusing and convoluted as the series' modern day plot.

AnthonyA85
10-05-2013, 12:15 AM
I can't find the gold edition, it's only listing the regular game and the DDE, a gold edition is not mentioned, nor is the season pass. at least not in the uk

Hartz4Empfanger
10-05-2013, 12:41 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242050?cc=us
us store gold edition with seasonpass, no dde available

european stores dde but no gold

and as i mentioned earlier there are 3 things missing for europeans

AnthonyA85
10-05-2013, 12:48 AM
so i'd still have to buy the season pass separately. Well, at least it won't be too expensive

Hartz4Empfanger
10-05-2013, 01:13 AM
thats the unanswered question from my first post...
maybe its a steam mistake and they messed something up it in the game description (hope so^^ )

lionheartzz
10-05-2013, 02:53 AM
I have the same problem as well, I bought the steam digital deluxe. Wondering if it's the same as gold, because if not then my *** just got ripped off.

Siliconhobbit
10-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure what region of the world you are from but it's entirely possible that the Digital Deluxe Editions being offered for sale are different depending upon where you are from.

I noticed that every time I try and look up the European Ubisoft website, I am automatically redirected US website instead (I'm from the US).

I'm not sure how UPLAY works regarding regions but when I look up AC4 Black Flag on UPLAY all I see available is the $60 version. UPLAY has no indication of a Digital Deluxe Edition or a Gold Edition or even ANY upgraded edition for that matter. This may change in the future however.

Now...I do not know much about how STEAM works in regards to regions but is it possible that there is a European AND a US version of STEAM that are available for use depending upon the location you download it from? If this is the case then that would explain why there is a difference in the Editions of AC4 being sold.

Digital Deluxe for Europe
Gold Edition for the US

On my STEAM, I see no Digital Deluxe Edition available at all. The only 2 versions available are:

$59.99 --- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
$79.99 --- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

The normal edition for $60 is the same one available on UPLAY.
The $80 edition is the one I referenced earlier in this thread.

lionheartzz
10-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure what region of the world you are from but it's entirely possible that the Digital Deluxe Editions being offered for sale are different depending upon where you are from.

I noticed that every time I try and look up the European Ubisoft website, I am automatically redirected US website instead (I'm from the US).

I'm not sure how UPLAY works regarding regions but when I look up AC4 Black Flag on UPLAY all I see available is the $60 version. UPLAY has no indication of a Digital Deluxe Edition or a Gold Edition or even ANY upgraded edition for that matter. This may change in the future however.

Now...I do not know much about how STEAM works in regards to regions but is it possible that there is a European AND a US version of STEAM that are available for use depending upon the location you download it from? If this is the case then that would explain why there is a difference in the Editions of AC4 being sold.

Digital Deluxe for Europe
Gold Edition for the US

On my STEAM, I see no Digital Deluxe Edition available at all. The only 2 versions available are:

$59.99 --- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
$79.99 --- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition

The normal edition for $60 is the same one available on UPLAY.
The $80 edition is the one I referenced earlier in this thread.

It's the same bro, different description. It's 79.95 in steam store from my webpage and I live in US

CptPakundo
10-05-2013, 10:44 AM
If I could delete this thread or at least lock it myself, I would, because now I'll make a new thread which is more relevant to the issue.

Black_Widow9
10-06-2013, 07:52 AM
If I could delete this thread or at least lock it myself, I would, because now I'll make a new thread which is more relevant to the issue.
Consider it locked. ;)