PDA

View Full Version : The console war: Assassin's Creed 4

Wolfmeister1010
10-04-2013, 03:53 AM
I have a dilema. Im sure a lot of you have the same one.

What console should I get the game for first? Should I play the game on current gen and then get the next gen version at the risk of me getting bored of the game before I am even able to get it on the next gen? (Not to mention me not wanting to play through it all again). Or should I just suck it up and live like a hermit away from any spoilers or comments about the game for 15 days until the next gen one comes out? Any advice would be appreciated.

Anybody else having the same dilema?

warning, this entire thread is an excuse to get free therapy and counseling from the forum users

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 04:13 AM
What console do you have now?

deskp
10-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Im buying it on ps3 and intend to upgrade it to ps4 when time comes around. I know im not able to stay away from watching gameplay etc. so it's the ebst solution for me.

Buying the ps4 version new is 500nok buying the ps3 version is 450nok, upgrading is 100nok(proably) so that means I can check out both versions and only pay 50 more than i would have if i only got ps4 version.

Also I live in europe waiting a whole month to play the game isn't gonna happen. I'll propably finish the game the first week then have 3 weeks to rebuild excitement to replay it on ps4 with new fancy graphics!

IF you do live in Russia the release of ps4 isn't uintill the 29th november.

pacmanate
10-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Wait for it on PS4! It will be better.

1. You might feel disappointed in the PS3 version as in your eyes it will look like a lower version of what you have seen.
2. If you play AC4 on PS3, and then on PS4 straight after, it might be too soon for you to want to do it all again.
3. Your saves dont carry over, so if you werent finished by the time you got a PS4, and upgraded, all progress is lost.
4. Buy Batman to tide you over.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 08:26 AM
No wait, just buy it on PS3! It will be better.

1. You can play on release.
2. For only $10 you can upgrade from PS3 to PS4.
3. Their are no gameplay differences between the two, only graphics.
4. Buy Batman as Batman games are good.

ladyleonhart
10-04-2013, 09:53 AM

^ I agree with this. :D

Also, it depends on your current impression of the game i.e. are you eager to play it...? Do you like what you've seen so far...? As for me, I don't want to wait any longer since I expect it to be great!! My other reason is that I also want to avoid spoilers. So, I am getting it on PS3 and I will be upgrading it to PS4 in future. :D

As Rooster said, the graphics are the only difference. If you liked ACIII's you shouldn't have a problem, and they may even be slightly better than that. Then, I don't believe the differences will be as noticeable as during the transition between previous gens.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2013, 10:38 AM
ooooh decisions decisions!

If you can play through the same game - more than once - OR -will hammer multiplayer then I say get the PS3 and upgrade to PS4 with the offer..

If you think you would only play the main game once - consider waiting for the PS4 version..

Or should I just suck it up and live like a hermit away from any spoilers or comments about the game for 15 days until the next gen one comes out?

Spoilers will be marked - so avoid those threads - people not using the spoiler titles / tags = will be banned ;)

If however people going 'OMG the games AMAZZZZZING!' is a spoiler - maybe best to close your eyes ;)

Cosmic_Rooster
10-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm still trying to decide :confused:

As soon as the upgrade offer was announced it appealed to me but I am leaning towards waiting for the PS4 version. I would prefer to play it for the first time in all it's next gen glory, take my time and savour the pretty. Avoiding spoilers will be difficult but not impossible. After much consideration I have pre-ordered the Skull edition but that can always be cancelled.

The PlayStation Digital Deluxe version available in Europe is my preferred option but after contacting Ubisoft support it is not clear if purchasing this that you get the same content when using the upgrade option.

Dag_B
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM

The downside is, that you have to replay everything as the saves are not compatible. The question would be, how far you've come in the game and if you'd like to replay everything.

Not sure if I would. I'd guess that after 2 or 3 weeks I would've come so far that I would not like to restart. At a certain point you just want to know how it ends and how everything turns out in the end. ^^
On the other hand, there are not many games that I played more than once. At least not until the end. Mostly because there are so many other good games I haven't played yet.

Dutchman141
10-04-2013, 01:25 PM
I have a dilema. Im sure a lot of you have the same one.

What console should I get the game for first? Should I play the game on current gen and then get the next gen version at the risk of me getting bored of the game before I am even able to get it on the next gen? (Not to mention me not wanting to play through it all again). Or should I just suck it up and live like a hermit away from any spoilers or comments about the game for 15 days until the next gen one comes out? Any advice would be appreciated.

Anybody else having the same dilema?

warning, this entire thread is an excuse to get free therapy and counseling from the forum users

I'm pre-ordered the game for Xbox 360 because we aren't able yet to buy a next gen console yet so I don't have your dilema.
If you are getting a next gen console anyways and it would only take two weeks untill you can play AC4 then personaly I would wait.
I pre-ordered the game about three months ago and time has been flying, two weeks will be over before you know it and then you'll get the fullest experience AC4 can give you.
I can only speak for myself but if I was going to get AC4 for next gen anyways and I would start playing it on release date on current gen I would be constantly wondering how AC4 will be in two weeks taking away the full experience of my current gen playthrough.

Just my two cents

pacmanate
10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Wait for it on PS4! It will be better.

1. You might feel disappointed in the PS3 version as in your eyes it will look like a lower version of what you have seen.
2. If you play AC4 on PS3, and then on PS4 straight after, it might be too soon for you to want to do it all again.
3. Your saves dont carry over, so if you werent finished by the time you got a PS4, and upgraded, all progress is lost.
4. Buy Batman to tide you over.

We sure have complicated things :p but I would still want to play that which is showcased :p

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
We sure have complicated things :p but I would still want to play that which is showcased :pIndeed you could play that but you could also play it on release.

I also realised I used the wrong there lololol

pacmanate
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Indeed you could play that but you could also play it on release.

I also realised I used the wrong there lololol

Pre school noob. This is why we need an age lock for at least 5 years old minimum.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Pre school noob. This is why we need an age lock for at least 5 years old minimum.Indeed, I could be king of the pre school forum.