PDA

View Full Version : Staying in formation

Bill_Bogus5
03-11-2004, 05:34 AM
I have this problem when flying in formation led by ai controlled pilot in a single player campaign. I get always lost of the rest of the squadron when fighting enemy planes. Is there a way to ask their location?
The leading pilot tells their heading and altitude, but i never have a clue where they actually are.
Thanks for helping..

Bill_Bogus5
03-11-2004, 05:34 AM
I have this problem when flying in formation led by ai controlled pilot in a single player campaign. I get always lost of the rest of the squadron when fighting enemy planes. Is there a way to ask their location?
The leading pilot tells their heading and altitude, but i never have a clue where they actually are.
Thanks for helping..

Zayets
03-11-2004, 05:46 AM
If you're the wingman you should be glued on yer leader.Never lose him. Your duty is to scan the horizon on your side,ahead and your leader six. The leader is the one giving orders and you should comply.Memorize waypoints.If you get lost head towards the next waypoint and loiter there for a while.If the flight doesn't come back you should assume: they are killed , they are already on their way home. Stick to 0.1-0.2 distance from your leader. That means you can see pretty clear your leader number if this is painted white over dark color. If labels are turned on , you're safe.
On the other side , if you fly bombers , no matter which size , the only thing you should do is to stick next to your leader. You can spot enemy planes , yet , you can't engage. Stay close one to each other. The only moment you will lose sight on yer leader is when you perform the bombing run.
Also , don'tt pay too much attention when flight leaders say direction and alt. This can be very well for another flight than yours.
Hope that helped a bit.

PS: even offline , I play without anything on the map , no icons when I fly bombers , cockpit on. Makes you spot better the foes/friendlies.http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zayets out
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Zayets-iar80pic.jpg

ELEM
03-11-2004, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill_Bogus5:
Thanks for helping..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happened all the time in RL. Just mmake your own way back to homebase.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!