PDA

View Full Version : I hope the release trailer is as good as AC3's

killzab
10-03-2013, 04:45 PM
AC3's release trailer was INCREDIBLE, plus thanks to it I got to know Imagine Dragons so it's doubly as awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAb-Joqhrz8

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Indeed it was.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I hope AC IV is as good as its trailers

ladyleonhart
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM

It won't be as good because it will be better. ;)

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
It won't be as good because it will be better. ;)
Oh I hope so...I wont really mind xD

Bastiaen
10-03-2013, 04:59 PM

Same here. I've had some anxiety ever since february.

Farlander1991
10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Let's hope is not as bad as AC3's North American launch trailer >_<

Aphex_Tim
10-03-2013, 06:15 PM
AC3's release trailer was INCREDIBLE, plus thanks to it I got to know Imagine Dragons so it's doubly as awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAb-Joqhrz8

The music actually ruins the trailer for me.
Can't stand that band. :p

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Just rewatched the trailer, and it got me really hyped for AC3 again. The trailer was amazing.

And the game imo sucked major balls. I hope that isnt the case with AC4, then again we are getting LOADS of demos showcasing mechanics that they have said are in (and are backing up). Still hopefully, but I know the power of marketing is deceiving.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 07:14 PM
so you gave AC3 a 3/10?

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
so you gave AC3 a 3/10?

I'd give it a 7 at best.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I'd give it a 7 at best.

a 7 means okay, at the very least.

On my scale anyway..

10: Awesome
9: Great
8: Good
7: Okay
6: Meh
5: Bad
4. Sucks
3: Sucks balls
2. Pay me to play this
1. this will kill me if I play it
0. this is a pencil

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
AC3 gets a 9 from me, I only wish we had more sequences for Connor then the game would have been a 10 from me.

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
a 7 means okay, at the very least.

On my scale anyway..

10: Awesome
9: Great
8: Good
7: Okay
6: Meh
5: Bad
4. Sucks
3: Sucks balls
2. Pay me to play this
1. this will kill me if I play it
0. this is a pencil

You are right, it is just "okay".

ArabianFrost
10-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Giving it a 9 implies that gameplay doesn't play the biggest role in your standards.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 08:37 PM
I'd give it an 8.5, great. I kind of agree with most of the reviews - a lot gave this score. I believe AC4 will be my favourite, if what we are being told and shown will be in the game is true. I trust that it is, but who can be so sure?

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I would also give it an 8.5

killzab
10-03-2013, 10:39 PM
I think I'd give it a 7.5 ( can't decide between 7 and 8 ) :rolleyes:

Too many glitches, missing story exposition, disappointing Desmond conclusion, and lacking mission structure. Everything else is great though.

silvermercy
10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd give AC3 an 8.5.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 10:43 PM
8.5 from me too..

-Superb Animations
-Great visuals
-Improvements to NPC AI
-some enjoyable side activities
-Naval battles
-Great story

on the other hand

-Linearity
-lackluster mission design
-Glitches
-problems with narrative focus
-some not so enjoyable side activites

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 10:45 PM
8.5 from me too..

-Superb Animations
-Great visuals
-Improvements to NPC AI
-Naval battles
-Great story

on the other hand

-Linearity
-Glitches

-Short Desmond mission
-Crappy ending for Desmond
-Boring and repetitive side missions (Delivering letters, gathering items)
-Took too long to gain certain equipment (Dual holsters on sequence 9 or 10)
-Crafting system was too complex and not explained well

killzab
10-03-2013, 10:45 PM
8.5 from me too..

-Superb Animations
-Great visuals
-Improvements to NPC AI
-Naval battles
-Great story

on the other hand

-Linearity
-Glitches
-some not so enjoyable side activites

Well, I pretty much agree exactly with you, except my score is a little lower. :D

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Well, I pretty much agree exactly with you, except my score is a little lower. :D

that's okay...we all have our levels of enjoyment we get out of the games and we score them based on that ;) I don't really let review score numbers judge my preference, though...I like reading the review.

-Short Desmond mission
I thought it was perfect...how it was executed, though is another story for me.

-Crappy ending for Desmond
same as above

-Boring and repetitive side missions (Delivering letters, gathering items)
I addressed that :P

-Took too long to gain certain equipment (Dual holsters on sequence 9 or 10)
Not really a complaint from me, since it didn't really serve any major purpose as the game never made me require a second holster or upgrade..too easy.

-Crafting system was too complex and not explained well
I understood it well, enough...perhaps the integration could've been better, though

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I honestly didn't understand the crafting until after finishing the game...then I quite enjoyed it. I may be the only human alive that liked the delivery requests.

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Sigh, you take things to literally.

The execution is my point, it was bad. I wanted more Desmond, especially as we had 4 games training him. And to do what? Have him do 1 hour of gametime things?

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I honestly didn't understand the crafting until after finishing the game...then I quite enjoyed it. I may be the only human alive that liked the delivery requests.

I'd guess those were remnants of the cut random quests system..

I'd have liked them too if they had better context and variety at least

ladyleonhart
10-03-2013, 10:52 PM

I liked them. ;)

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM

The execution is my point, it was bad. I wanted more Desmond, especially as we had 4 games training him. And to do what? Have him do 1 hour of gametime things?

I was so excited when the developer said we'd get about four sequences worth of Desmond - thought I'd start to grow attached to him, expecting him to become the hero we all wanted.

What we got? Well, I really don't wish to discuss it.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 10:54 PM

Did you honestly expect Desmond to do more than he did?? after what? 4 games of small portions of Desmond...did you really expect that to change? they blew it with AC II when they gave him only 20 minutes of screen time with more than half of that being cutscenes...I actually expected so much less of Desmond in AC III

and when I talk execution, I mean how the Desmond sections were basically reskins of the Animus sessions...just modern

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I was so excited when the developer said we'd get about four sequences worth of Desmond - thought I'd start to grow attached to him, expecting him to become the hero we all wanted.

What we got? Well, I really don't wish to discuss it.

I know! 4 sequences?! Where the f did that come from and what was he smoking?!

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Did you honestly expect Desmond to do more than he did?? after what? 4 games of small portions of Desmond...did you really expect that to change? they blew it with AC II when they gave him only 20 minutes of screen time with more than half of that being cutscenes...I actually expected so much less of Desmond in AC III

and when I talk execution, I mean how the Desmond sections were basically reskins of the Animus sessions...just modern

Well yes, because this was his last game. I expected his training to pay off.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd guess those were remnants of the cut random quests system..

I'd have liked them too if they had better context and variety at least

I think it was because navigating the UI was kind of like a puzzle, dead serious.

ladyleonhart:
I liked them.;)

High five! :D

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Well yes, because this was his last game. I expected his training to pay off.

And it did...he took down Cross, he raided an Abstergo facility and assassinated a very important Templar figure...He was an effing god. nobody could stop him. true, he may have been up against men with sticks and a half insane Animus junkie, but that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about....the execution

ladyleonhart
10-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Desmond was cheated because of all the hate. :(

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 10:59 PM
And it did...he took down Cross, he raided an Abstergo facility and assassinated a very important Templar figure...He was an effing god. nobody could stop him. true, he may have been up against men with sticks and a half insane Animus junkie, but that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about....the execution

yup, it was bad, terrible even. Like terrifically bad. It made me #cutforbieber.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Desmond was cheated because of all the hate. :(

Eeeeeh, I'd argue against that....since the very start of relegating him to the extreme of sidelines started in AC II...long before we even had a chance of hating the guy xD

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
yup, it was bad, terrible even. Like terrifically bad. It made me #cutforbieber.

Oh, man this is serious :O

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:01 PM

We should have played as Shaun - the only decent character in the modern day.

ladyleonhart
10-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Eeeeeh, I'd argue against that....since the very start of relegating him to the extreme of sidelines started in AC II...long before we even had a chance of hating the guy xD

I thought his role in ACI was pointless. Yes, they were starting the story, but all they ever showed was him getting in and out of the Animus, talking to Vidic, taking a walk, going to sleep and waking up. o_O;

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I thought his role in ACI was pointless. Yes, they were starting the story, but all they ever showed was him getting in and out of the Animus, talking to Vidic, taking a walk, going to sleep and waking up. o_O;

I actually liked it cause the conversations were interesting imo. It kinda set the foundation.

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:04 PM
We should have played as Shaun - the only decent character in the modern day.
Now this is what I can agree with lol!

Shaun reminds me of Alister Fletcher from Tomb Raider, Legend & Underworld!

Shaun & Alister are twins, same personality!

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I actually like the modern-day sequences in AC1 the best after AC3.. the e-mails, the intrigue of sneaking around when you aren't supposed to.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM

I think that worked in AC I in giving the idea of you being a captive. wondering what was beyond those shiny bright windows, with bits of emails building the outside world while you don't know what was going on...his role SHOULD have expanded from there, but plans changed I guess...

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I wanted to delve more into the fluoride crisis in the American water and 95% of Africa being dead. Stuff like Leila Marino as well.

They threw it all out the window, Yves soaked it in petrol and burned it all to hell.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I dunno, AC4 is the first game where we're back in Abstergo. Maybe we'll find out more about that stuff.

also what about Americans trying to cross the border into Mexico instead of the other way around?

ladyleonhart
I actually liked it cause the conversations were interesting imo. It kinda set the foundation.

You mean the riddles, right...? Well, I guess so... I think I found the end really anti-climactic though. >_< Maybe that's why.

I think that worked in AC I in giving the idea of you being a captive. wondering what was beyond those shiny bright windows, with bits of emails building the outside world while you don't know what was going on...his role SHOULD have expanded from there, but plans changed I guess...

It just didn't feel like enough though. I actually started liking Desmond more when I played ACII and I enjoyed the modern part in ACIII. The only part I thought was ridiculous was when you infiltrate / walk in to Abstergo. -__-

adventurewomen
I got annoyed and bored of Desmond after Brotherhood, tbh. :-|

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
It just didn't feel like enough though. I actually started liking Desmond more when I played ACII and I enjoyed the modern part in ACIII. The only part I thought was ridiculous was when you infiltrate / walk in to Abstergo. -__-

That's okay, I can totally understand why you didn't like it and lol yes...walk to Abstergo xP

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I dunno, AC4 is the first game where we're back in Abstergo. Maybe we'll find out more about that stuff.

also what about Americans trying to cross the border into Mexico instead of the other way around?

Oh yeah - hopefully we do find these things out. After all they did say the modern day has a lot of fan service.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:16 PM
That's okay, I can totally understand why you didn't like it and lol yes...walk to Abstergo xP

Technically the Abstergo mission was the combat mission.

Skyscraper: Parkour, Brazil Stadium: Stealth, Abstergo: Combat

I think that the stadium should have been a combat mission and that Abstergo should have been stealth, honestly.

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really care for Modern Day? All I want to see is the end of Vidic and the Templars in Modern Day and that's it. I don't care for Modern Day element it distracts from the Main historical side of the game. Yes the Animus is important but I would like to see less focus on the Animus.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Technically the Abstergo mission was the combat mission.

Skyscraper: Parkour, Brazil Stadium: Stealth, Abstergo: Combat

I think that the stadium should have been a combat mission and that Abstergo should have been stealth, honestly.
Sure, but just....walking right to them was a little stupid to look at...I'd have preferred if they overwhelmed him or something, capture him and then he has to escape....and he can do all the combat he wants.

How about this..

Dessie enters, Vidic asks for Apple through speakers, Desmond says no, SWAT teams or whatever come to subdue the subject, Desmond gets overwhelmed, he is about to be strapped into an Animus, kills people strapping him, needs to find weapons then BOOM all out combat to find his dad and reclaim the apple...

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really care for Modern Day? All I want to see is the end of Vidic and the Templars in Modern Day and that's it. I don't care for Modern Day element it distracts from the Main historical side of the game. Yes the Animus is important but I would like to see less focus on the Animus.

Of course you're not the only one, many people here don't care about modern day, but honestly, for me...I don't think i'd have remained here this long if it wasn't for the modern day bits...which is why I think the modern day section move is smart in AC IV

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Sure, but just....walking right to them was a little stupid to look at...I'd have preferred if they overwhelmed him or something, capture him and then he has to escape....and he can do all the combat he wants.

How about this..

Dessie enters, Vidic asks for Apple through speakers, Desmond says no, SWAT teams or whatever come to subdue the subject, Desmond gets overwhelmed, he is about to be strapped into an Animus, kills people strapping him, needs to find weapons then BOOM all out combat to find his dad and reclaim the apple...

But that doesn't make sense because Desmond could still apple everyone to death.

silvermercy
10-03-2013, 11:30 PM
could still apple everyone to death.
lol sorry... I chuckled here because I was reading this on my ipad. haha

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:31 PM
But that doesn't make sense because Desmond could still apple everyone to death.

But it doesn't make sense ANYWAY, because he could've used it when going to Vidic, but he didn't...so at least make it ENJOYABLE nonsense

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:34 PM
right the apple is in his bag not his hand.

Okay, that would have made sense then.

ze_topazio
10-03-2013, 11:37 PM
I like the modern day thing too.

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Of course you're not the only one, many people here don't care about modern day, but honestly, for me...I don't think i'd have remained here this long if it wasn't for the modern day bits...which is why I think the modern day section move is smart in AC IV
Good to know that others feel the same way! I agree with that you said. However the interuptions when Desmond used to start talking and getting out of the Animus was annoying and just off-putting my least favorite part was in Brazil in AC3 I just rushed the whole part of that mission just to get back into the Animus and continue with Connor.

I just don't want to be forced to play through the Modern Day sequences when I have no interest in them.

The whole carrying on with Vidic his character is just tired, if AC continues with Modern Day in AC5 I'd like to see a new villain.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Good to know that others feel the same way! I agree with that you said. However the interuptions when Desmond used to start talking and getting out of the Animus was annoying and just off-putting my least favorite part was in Brazil in AC3 I just rushed the whole part of that mission just to get back into the Animus and continue with Connor.

I just don't want to be forced to play through the Modern Day sequences when I have no interest in them.

The whole carrying on with Vidic his character is just tired, if AC continues with Modern Day in AC5 I'd like to see a new villain.

Vidic is dead - he's in AC4 but most likely in audio files or something.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:40 PM
..uhm..

Vidic is dead...

Juno is the new villain..

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Vidic is dead - he's in AC4 but most likely in audio files or something.

..uhm..

Vidic is dead...

Juno is the new villain..

I got from AC3 he's dead, but the thing with AC is you never really quite know if a character is really dead until you see it yourself.

Also why the need for a new voice actor for Vidic.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 11:43 PM
I got from AC3 he's dead, but the thing with AC is you never really quite know if a character is really dead until you see it yourself.

So far, everyone said to be dead in AC has been dead. It's just the conspiracy theorists out here who like to spew things like "ermageerrrd, Lucy is alive"

New VA because he's probably a lot younger

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:44 PM

We saw it ourselves..
Also, no character has ever been brought back to life.

I think you're confusing AC with Batman.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:46 PM
This reminds me of a time when I cared deeply for the narrative. I'm a little sad yet slightly nostalgic - ahh the days...

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:47 PM
the narrative is still going strong, so I'm not sure why you don't care deeply for it anymore..

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:49 PM
So far, everyone said to be dead in AC has been dead. It's just the conspiracy theorists out here who like to spew things like "ermageerrrd, Lucy is alive"

New VA because he's probably a lot younger
LOL! Those conspiracy theorists! :D

Lucy is a no brainier we saw Juno taking control over Desmond to kill her with the hidden blade.

Hmm.. Maybe.

@Shah: I guess I care about narrative, story and cinematography (obviously gameplay) the most in games.

ladyleonhart
10-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I like the modern day thing too.

Me too and I'm looking forward to it in ACIV. :) I also love the history so much as well though. :D

The fact is, in AC, you can't have one without the other because it wouldn't make sense.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 11:54 PM
the narrative is still going strong, so I'm not sure why you don't care deeply for it anymore..

As a grew up and played more games I realised AC was not as good as I once thought. I don't find my self invested in the stories as much, a little with the historical parts - but not as much as I used to. Too much unanswered questions and unsatisfying plot elements. " Guess what Lucy's a Templar hahaa...no, why would we give you any hints at all LAWL."

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 11:57 PM
As a grew up and played more games I realised AC was not as good as I once thought. I don't find my self invested in the stories as much, a little with the historical parts - but not as much as I used to. Too much unanswered questions and unsatisfying plot elements. " Guess what Lucy's a Templar hahaa...no, why would we give you any hints at all LAWL."

As a person who plays a lot of games, AC still has some of the best stories. And they did give us hints in ACB with the red footprints.

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 11:58 PM
We saw it ourselves..
Also, no character has ever been brought back to life.

I think you're confusing AC with Batman.
I was talking in general but yeah we did see Desmond kill Vidic with the Apple of Eden that is a given. I know he's dead, I mentioned it on the forums when I started posting here again and someone said here that no Vidic is still alive I was TF that can't be right..I know he died.

I was just referring to Vidic may appear in AC4 in some form.

Shahkulu101
10-04-2013, 12:01 AM
As a person who plays a lot of games, AC still has some of the best stories. And they did give us hints in ACB with the red footprints.

A matter of opinions then I guess. I hope AC4 can redeem my faith in the story, it does look very good. The most exciting set of characters to have been revealed.

ladyleonhart
10-04-2013, 12:05 AM
I was talking in general but yeah we did see Desmond kill Vidic with the Apple of Eden that is a given. I know he's dead, I mentioned it on the forums when I started posting here again and someone said here that no Vidic is still alive I was TF that can't be right..I know he died.

I was just referring to Vidic may appear in AC4 in some form.

Maybe Vidic will return in some video footage and documents, or perhaps we will witness someone talking about him. Well, there is also that radio play and we will be at Abstergo, so I'm sure they'll have to mention him in some way.

SixKeys
10-04-2013, 12:09 AM

You do know the red footprints were just put in the game so that clueless players could find their way back to the Sanctuary, right? The idea that they had anything to do with Lucy came from fans after the fact in an effort to tell themselves that the clues were there all along.

adventurewomen
10-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Maybe Vidic will return in some video footage and documents, or perhaps we will witness someone talking about him. Well, there is also that radio play and we will be at Abstergo, so I'm sure they'll have to mention him in some way.
I agree with your suggestions this is what I mean he may return in forms of information for Abstergo Industries to train employees.

Like a Holograph or just his voice.

ladyleonhart
10-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Um... I think we all went off-topic. o_0

My favourite ACIII trailer was Connor's Story Trailer! :D

Then, I hope we have the equivalent of that for ACIV's release trailer. ;)

SixKeys
10-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I honestly wasn't that impressed with any of AC3's trailers except the first teaser, where we saw the first glimpses of tree-running. The music used in the trailers was awesome, but that's independent of the footage. Connor's Story is probably among my least favorite AC trailers overall, I don't get what so many people see in it.

Jexx21
10-04-2013, 12:21 AM
You do know the red footprints were just put in the game so that clueless players could find their way back to the Sanctuary, right? The idea that they had anything to do with Lucy came from fans after the fact in an effort to tell themselves that the clues were there all along.

Yea, this was told to us before we knew Lucy was a Templar. It was obviously just a diversion to keep us from completely knowing Lucy was a Templar.

Seriously, if someone knows how to turn Eagle Vision on they better damn well know how to get back to the sanctuary.

ladyleonhart
10-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I honestly wasn't that impressed with any of AC3's trailers except the first teaser, where we saw the first glimpses of tree-running. The music used in the trailers was awesome, but that's independent of the footage. Connor's Story is probably among my least favorite AC trailers overall, I don't get what so many people see in it.

Lol, that's okay.

I like it because of the music, the atmosphere, and for me it has some of the best lines. Mostly, because of how it's presented. It tells us a story. We see Connor's beginning, who he becomes and the struggles he faces. It made me empathise with the character and it made me want to help him succeed and overcome what he faced, even if the overall outcome wasn't the best.

SixKeys
10-04-2013, 12:37 AM
This one's probably my favorite AC3 gameplay trailer. Despite the music choice being kind of odd, it really fits with the editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY6ZgyUfCYQ