PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to activate/use two copies of game ?

Erathiel
10-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Hello

I want to ask about one thing, i make pre-order for AC IV Black Chest edition but my brother want to buy Uplay Deluxe Edition so we will have every exclusive content available on first day. But now I have a question if I be able to activate both game cd-keys on one uplay account so we be able to have content from Deluxe edition (Aveline missions, extra costumes) and from Black Chest ??

AherasSTRG
10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello

I want to ask about one thing, i make pre-order for AC IV Black Chest edition but my brother want to buy Uplay Deluxe Edition so we will have every exclusive content available on first day. But now I have a question if I be able to activate both game cd-keys on one uplay account so we be able to have content from Deluxe edition (Aveline missions, extra costumes) and from Black Chest ??
Most probably, you won't be able to do that. :nonchalance:

TheLeoCrow
10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Based on the previous games, I assume that the physical edition will have 1 code for the basic game and one or more codes for the extras. The digital edition will have one (or more but probably not) for everything. Before you commit to anything though, check with the ubishop support. Also I though that the digital deluxe has everything that the black chest one has?

If the contents are different, my recommendation would be to activate the game using the code from the digital edition and then add the code(s) from the black chest edition in the "extras" menu (if things work like they did in the previous games).

But contact support to be sure because i'm just a gamer and my guesses are as good as anyone's here

Erathiel
10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Based on the previous games, I assume that the physical edition will have 1 code for the basic game and one or more codes for the extras. The digital edition will have one (or more but probably not) for everything. Before you commit to anything though, check with the ubishop support. Also I though that the digital deluxe has everything that the black chest one has?

If the contents are different, my recommendation would be to activate the game using the code from the digital edition and then add the code(s) from the black chest edition in the "extras" menu (if things work like they did in the previous games).

But contact support to be sure because i'm just a gamer and my guesses are as good as anyone's here

Thanks, I think you're right, I will contact support and see what they will say about it.

Will update after receive answer fromthem

Anykeyer
10-02-2013, 06:25 PM
If its anything like previous AC games (and most surely it is) then you can do what you want. But instead of activating 2 games you unlock exclusives in-game. After activating game once you can enter other codes (this includes game cdkey from digital deluxe) by choosing "extras" in game's main menu and they should be accepted.

Erathiel
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
If its anything like previous AC games (and most surely it is) then you can do what you want. But instead of activating 2 games you unlock exclusives in-game. After activating game once you can enter other codes (this includes game cdkey from digital deluxe) by choosing "extras" in game's main menu and they should be accepted.

Maybe You're right and I should do it as you said by activate exclusive in-game content by using cd-keys provided by Ubisoft.

How it was with deluxe edition of ACIII ? I mean do you need to be fast to reserve your copy or no need to hurry with it ?

Anykeyer
10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Digital Deluxe is in virtually infinite supply. You can still buy DD of even AC2 let alone AC3 in most digital stores including Steam.

Erathiel
10-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks, but It a bit to late, I mean my brother just bought today - Uplay Deluxe Edition so now we are waiting for 22 november to get keys for game & exclusive content (and Black Chest edition to arrive).