PDA

View Full Version : The Graphics of ACIV

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I know this might have been discussed many times before, but since we have new trailers which supposedly show an updated version from the work-in-progress, lets see what everyone thinks.

I believe that it looks like a big game so far and I've been a fan of the franchise since ACI and I'm not gonna refrain from buying it just because of graphics but I believe since we're moving to a next generation console, one would at least think we'd see a difference not just have PS4 instead of PS3 on the box with some barely noticeable changes. I know they said the PS4 version will have more weather effects but the graphics look more like very good PS3 than PS4. For a PS3, it's pretty good and it's like improved ACIII, but for a PS4, I think a lot of other games announced for the PS4 show much better graphics.

We've seen so many trailers so far and I know they'll tell us that this is a work in progress but it doesn't usually differ much from the final product.
So what do you think?

roostersrule2
10-01-2013, 09:43 AM
It's the best looking cross gen game coming out IMO.

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2013, 09:51 AM
It's the best looking cross gen game coming out IMO.

It does look good but why not make the PS4 version drastically different in terms of graphics or lip-synching from the PS3 one since it's possible to do so?

MadJC1986
10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
It does look good but why not make the PS4 version drastically different in terms of graphics or lip-synching from the PS3 one since it's possible to do so?

I guess Cross Gen Games never show huge differences in terms of graphics on different plattforms. If you want a game to look really good on a console you have to develop it exclusively for that console.

roostersrule2
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
It does look good but why not make the PS4 version drastically different in terms of graphics or lip-synching from the PS3 one since it's possible to do so?It's not though, they still use the same engine and it's only a port.

It also puts a big disadvantage to their biggest fan base, which for the next 2 years is still current gen.

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2013, 10:14 AM
I guess Cross Gen Games never show huge differences in terms of graphics on different plattforms. If you want a game to look really good on a console you have to develop it exclusively for that console.

True, but if you look at AC:Liberation, the difference is clearly noticeable. So if the porting was that good, it would actually make you feel the difference.

It's not though, they still use the same engine and it's only a port.

It also puts a big disadvantage to their biggest fan base, which for the next 2 years is still current gen.

True, but I didn't ask for it to be next gen-exclusive, just something more updated for the PS4 versions.

roostersrule2
10-01-2013, 10:16 AM
True, but I didn't ask for it to be next gen-exclusive, just something more updated for the PS4 versions.On cross gen games this is about as big a difference as you'll see.

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2013, 10:35 AM
On cross gen games this is about as big a difference as you'll see.
But if you've seen WATCH DOGS, It's also a cross-gen game but it looks much more alive.

roostersrule2
10-01-2013, 10:55 AM
But if you've seen WATCH DOGS, It's also a cross-gen game but it looks much more alive.Watch Dogs changes are similar, more peds, better graphics, wind effect rain etc.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
You're not going to see anywhere near as big of a difference between current and next gen as you did between current and previous gen. Especially in cross-gen games. The law of diminishing returns is really starting to kick in.

Personally, I think the PS4 version looks fantastic. PS3 version will probably look just like AC3, except with lower-res character models in cutscenes (which is a fine trade-off for being able to see the dyes in cutscenes).

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
well... I think this might answer your question about graphics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmtncgURRY&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2rMw1oha2xr1IQXCS46_LQF&index=15

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I would hold judgement on the PS3 vs PS4 thing til they come out cause we dont know how the PS3 stacks up.

Watch_Dogs is also cross gen but was developed for PC so that makes a difference straight away for the down ports