PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ubi Support, I missed out on the ACIV Black Chest Edition

Paulno1990
10-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to rant about Ubi Support.

My Collectors shelf is mostly filled with AC stuff. So naturally I was loving the Black Chest edition and couldn't wait to get it for the PS4.

However, when I went to pre-order it on the Ubi Store, the release date for the PS4 version said "2013". No date or anything. I was a bit worried that this might mean that it is not confirmed, so I emailed Ubi Support to ask them to confirm the release date for the PS4 version of the BC edition. I was holding off on my preorder until I got a reply from them as I don't really have the money to splash on multiple versions just in case.

But they never replied.

I waited and waited, checking back on the site to check my account and question status, only to one day find that the BC edition was now sold out in my country for the PS4.

Naturally, I am very angry about this. This is the first time ever since AC was released that I will miss out on a collectors edition. I really wish there was something Ubi could do, but I know they won't.

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Wow that sucks. I would try and query, they definitely have 6 more to give away to the winners of the Ace of Spades competition.

Shahkulu101
10-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Should have just rang Yves. He'd have given you it for free.

adventurewomen
10-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Just try another retailer. I think GameStop must still have the Black Chest edition.

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Just try another retailer. I think GameStop must still have the Black Chest edition.

Its Ubishop exclusive.

RinoTheBouncer
10-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Go to eBay.com or eBay.co.uk my friend. Thats' where I got mine from.

roostersrule2
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Should have just rang Yves. He'd have given you it for free.It's $0 upfront but weekly installments of $1000.

AU7thGear
10-01-2013, 01:17 PM
That sucks man. But to be fair, the Ubi support team and staff wouldn't deliberately ignore your email. They more than likely have thousands to get through every week and so they may have simply missed it. Also, don't just post your problem in one spot. Post on the forums, facebook, ring them, etc. Let them know instead of waiting. Often companies have far more pressing issues to deal with so you really have to get on top of them. Also, if you pre-order, you aren't locked in until it ships. So you can always pre-order, cancel, and get your deposit back.

Sushiglutton
10-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Contact them again and politely tell them your story. Maybe there's something they can do.

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 03:39 PM
It's $0 upfront but weekly installments of $1000.

Hahahaha!

SixKeys
10-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Wow, that sucks. Maybe there's still someplace you can get the edition, even if it's from outside your region. At least you could get all the collector's stuff even though you might have to buy the game separately.

Paulno1990
10-02-2013, 03:21 AM
There is a guy selling a pre order on ebay. Don't know if I should trust it though, I don't mind the higher price, but I would be pissed if the game released and he screwed me over.

Is it easy to get your money back over PayPal?

AU7thGear
10-02-2013, 03:30 AM
There is a guy selling a pre order on ebay. Don't know if I should trust it though, I don't mind the higher price, but I would be pissed if the game released and he screwed me over.

Is it easy to get your money back over PayPal?

Very. I love eBay because as long as you use PayPal it is ridiculously safe. You can always get your money back. It may take a little time if they are uncooperative but you will.

Paulno1990
10-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Yeah I have always used PayPal if/when I can. I will give this a try and hope that the guy comes through! Thanks for your suggestions guys!

I have emailed Ubi again and see if they can respond. I know that they are probably busy with support tickets, but they say 1-2 business days, and they still haven't even replied as of 5 seconds ago haha. Oh well. Unlucky.

Mr_Shade
10-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah I have always used PayPal if/when I can. I will give this a try and hope that the guy comes through! Thanks for your suggestions guys!

I have emailed Ubi again and see if they can respond. I know that they are probably busy with support tickets, but they say 1-2 business days, and they still haven't even replied as of 5 seconds ago haha. Oh well. Unlucky.
Hi there,

please check your Pms please as soon as possible,