PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Community Event 2013: Preview Build!

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey guys! So here it is finally the 30th! I feel crazy because I was keeping my mouth shut on my experiences! So I along with about 10 other people Some from the forums (others not) were invited by Ubisoft out in San Francisco to come out and play AC4 black flag! We were able to meet and talk with Ashraf the "Good Guy" Designer Himself. I personally was able to sit down and hang out with the Frag Dolls and Time Browne (Lead Director of AC4 Multiplayer)

My experience was a little different from the rest of the others due to flight issues. -_- but still.

I'm not sure who the other members are who got to come out because I wasn't able to get there until a day later, but please come forth and share what you know as well! :)

here are some images of the venue.

http://i.imgur.com/tgz1v5V.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gKk4DsR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YNtRT9S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F6kpbHH.jpg

I can also share what I know about the game a little bit more along with multiplayer tid bits!

I'll post more on each topic in depth a little later! but please feel free to ask questions! and I promise to keep it spoiler free! and if it is I'll use the appropriate tags!

adventurewomen
09-30-2013, 07:30 PM
WOW that's amazing Lonna! I wish I could have been there also! :)

Thanks for the pics and looking forward to reading more about the event! :D

RatonhnhakeFan
09-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Tell us about the "Additional Content" thingy ;P

pacmanate
09-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Where was my invite D:

But that is awesome! How did you get the opportunity for this?

Sushiglutton
09-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm glad someone from the hobo-watch got on the inside :p! Could you tell us about that place the photos are from? Is it some kind of AC hangar, looks neat? What did Ashreaf say?

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Where was my invite D:

Haha... oddly enough I was approached by one of the mods. I thought it was fake at first haha.

also you guys for some odd reason my computer charger isn't working so I'll be using my phone soon soon so expect a slight delay in answers.. haha.

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm glad someone from the hobo-watch got on the inside :p! Could you tell us about that place the photos are from? Is it some kind of AC hangar, looks neat? What did Ashreaf say?

Hahah! I know right! I felt proud to be a member of the hobowatch to get to come in get the experience! The event took place at a winery on treasure island in california! They had it all decked with Ac stuff!

pacmanate
09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Maybe you could tell us what you saw, what you played, what Ashraf said, what you did etc.

Jexx21
09-30-2013, 08:29 PM
so the main menu is basically our animus computer thing as an abstergo employee? That's what I thought it would be. Splinter Cell Blacklist does something similar.

SixKeys
09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
so the main menu is basically our animus computer thing as an abstergo employee? That's what I thought it would be. Splinter Cell Blacklist does something similar.

It's possible, but I wouldn't necessarily presume that the image posted by the OP will be the final look in the game. It looks specifically tailored for demo purposes.

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Okay.. I'm back for a little bit. Since my phone wouldn't let me access the site properly I had to resort to my PS3. Haha. Sorry I won't be quoting anyone but I will try to answer all previous questions.

But yes! as a member of the hobo watch I'm glad I got be apart of this event! The pictures are from a place called The Winery on Treasure Island in California. They decked out the Whole place in AC style.

Also I did not click on the addition content. Haha I was too worried about playing everything else.

Now from what I played if you didn't like getting almanac pages from AC3 it's kinda back in this game. .. That is how you obtina sea shanties they fly around like golden tickets from charlie and the chocolate factory.

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Okay.. I'm back for a little bit. Since my phone wouldn't let me access the site properly I had to resort to my PS3. Haha. Sorry I won't be quoting anyone but I will try to answer all previous questions.

But yes! as a member of the hobo watch I'm glad I got be apart of this event! The pictures are from a place called The Winery on Treasure Island in California. They decked out the Whole place in AC style.

Also I did not click on the addition content. Haha I was too worried about playing everything else.

Now from what I played if you didn't like getting almanac pages from AC3 it's kinda back in this game. .. That is how you obtina sea shanties they fly around like golden tickets from charlie and the chocolate factory.

adventurewomen
09-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Hobo Watch? Lol

I saw those Almanac pages in the AC4 demo at Eurogamer.

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Hobo Watch? Lol

I saw those Almanac pages in the AC4 demo at Eurogamer.

Haha.. Yes we called it the hobo watch because since we are not apart of the EMEA and don't have access to it we decided to make sigs and act like we are apart of it. But Sushi deleted his sig a long time ago even though it was hilarious!

No sorry about the wait ... so many things keeping me from doing this. Here is what I have to say about the game!

Single Player: The atmosphere of the world is great. I love that there was so much to do! I even ended up getting sidetracked while on my missions! lol. The cities were full of people, noise and songs that make it really come alive. In one case even there was a random event where a woman came up to me while I was walking around telling me that her brother was about to be hanged.I even loved the changes to the optional parts of the missions, instead of the red X you now get the sync bar. showing your percentage. I like the upgrade system, and crafting is much easier. I really enjoy how everything has more of a purpose, yet you don't really feel forced to do something like treasure hunting, hunting, and harpooning. It's just fun yet you reap benefits for things you do! On a small side note, harpooning, while fun seems like it can get a little too repetitive! (I was only to do this twice during my play so I'm not sure if it changes much) My overall feel for the combat is that seemed a little to easy but the animations looked great. I started at Sequence 3 so I'm not sure if this made a difference either for combat. I also love the new free aim mechanic. It adds a fantastic new dynamic in taking down enemies. One more thing, I feel like I keep on going. The stealth aspect was well done! I feel like the devs really are listening to what the community is saying!

As far as present day goes well, basically you are you. You can also leave the animus whenever you want without much restriction. You have your own office/desk at abstergo and you get to walk around and explore the place but I wasn't given any prompt to to actually interact with the people around. While you walk around it's almost as if you have a pair of google glasses lol. there is a menu at the bottom that you can toggle up and down for various things but it never goes away. In the offices you can see figurines and books from the AC series by Bowden.

Naval play was fun even though it was a bit challenging for me, especially when it came to taking down the higher level ships! (the ships have various levels highest one I fought was 18) But once I got the hang of it, I did a little better! I love the fluidity of the sea as well and how the boat really goes with the waves.Taking over a ship I think it's honestly one of my favorite things to do now! It's just a lot of fun. There are many things you can do at sea Ashraf once again wasn't kidding about something being thrown at the player almost every minute. just the overall feel and the action of everything going on was awesome! Below deck is Edwards Captain quarters and is basically like other AC hideout spot where you can access all the normal stuff.

Mutiplayer: This is not a feature I usually play, but after trying it ... I must say it has me actually wanting to play it more! Customization is taken to the next level here! Literally almost everything you can customize giving you the ability to basically make a unique character! Also with all the different modes available to play now there really is something for everyone! I was also told that you would be able to build your own type of game/world --I forgot which one it was and be able to upload it and share it with millions of other players! and ubisoft will actually be taking data from this.

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2013, 01:01 PM

http://www.bumperstickerz.com/images/1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

01 .can we change the camera angle while we are at our ship? I noticed that now sometimes we can see our entire ship and then the camera goes back to how it was in AC3, personally I prefer the AC3' style (much more immersive), do you know if we can control this?

02. Did you complete other treasure hunting missions different from the one we already saw? If yes, did the level of complexity of these missions increased at some point or they were just like the one we saw in that old demo?

ArabianFrost
10-01-2013, 01:09 PM
In one case even there was a random event where a woman came up to me while I was walking around telling me that her brother was about to be hanged.

Somewhere out there, Assassin_M is jumping in joy.

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 01:10 PM
^ bwahah is that from south park!

and yes you can change it! there are 3 views for your ship which include a fast sail where you get a full view of the ship but the AC3 style you are talking about is still available as well! :)

Somewhere out there, Assassin_M is jumping in joy.

Haha... Yes I can only imagine!

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2013, 01:14 PM
^ bwahah is that from south park!
yeah, IMO this is one of its best episodes... heheh...

and yes you can change it! there are 3 views for your ship which include a fast sail where you get a full view of the ship but the AC3 style you are talking about is still available as well! :)
!

but do we have (complete) control over it or the camera angle changes when we change the "sail style" (full sail, fast sail, etc)?

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 01:24 PM
yeah, IMO this is one of its best episodes... heheh...

but do we have (complete) control over it or the camera angle changes when we change the "sail style" (full sail, fast sail, etc)?

Yes! You have total control of that!

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes! You have total control of that!

nice! :D

zeo6016
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
so we can leave the wheel anywhere in the ocean and go swiming or doing anything like that :D ? also where is edward's hideout in the game exactly and how does it look :D ?

AidenPixxel
10-01-2013, 02:04 PM
1.Can i leave the wheel and swim during big storms?
2.Do huge waves have any effect on islands during a storm for example?
3.Can animals kill you when swimming above water?

and.....How was Nassau?

Sushiglutton
10-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Haha.. Yes we called it the hobo watch because since we are not apart of the EMEA and don't have access to it we decided to make sigs and act like we are apart of it. But Sushi deleted his sig a long time ago even though it was hilarious!

Haha I got the feeling the mods didn't like it too much, so I removed it to cut them some slack :).

I have som more questions about combat. Does it still function basically the same as AC3? Aka when enemies attack you tap counter and can the chose which move to follow through with? Any sign of quickfire for your tools, secondary weapons? In the early trailers Edward seemed to be able to ues bottles, wooden bats etc (basically stuff from the enviroment) when fighting, any sign of that?

When it comes to stealth what was the biggest improvement in your opinion?

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 07:01 PM
1.Can i leave the wheel and swim during big storms?
2.Do huge waves have any effect on islands during a storm for example?
3.Can animals kill you when swimming above water?

and.....How was Nassau?
1. Yes! :)
2. Not from what I saw.
3. Only when I was harpooning. -- I swam around in the sea but it was never for prolonged periods of time, always like 10-15 to get back to the jackdaw or to attack the other ship!

Nassau was nice! there were plenty of things to do from getting treasure and mini games from AC3 again. Not to mention the Assassination contracts.

so we can leave the wheel anywhere in the ocean and go swiming or doing anything like that :D ? also where is edward's hideout in the game exactly and how does it look :D ?

Yes you can :D Well I'm not sure if you have seen the videos but where Edward is standing when he is on his ship under him is his quarters! it looks like the captains quarters from AC3 when Haytham walks in ! There is a Desk with a really nice chair, and then to the side is an outfit where you are prompted to change your outfit if you want, then there is a display of swords where you can choose weapons and etc.

Haha I got the feeling the mods didn't like it too much, so I removed it to cut them some slack :).

I have some more questions about combat. Does it still function basically the same as AC3? Aka when enemies attack you tap counter and can the chose which move to follow through with? Any sign of quickfire for your tools, secondary weapons? In the early trailers Edward seemed to be able to ues bottles, wooden bats etc (basically stuff from the enviroment) when fighting, any sign of that?

When it comes to stealth what was the biggest improvement in your opinion?

Ahh... that makes sense. Lol! Yes the combat does still function like AC3 the counter does still pop up there and you can pick your follow up. When I was fighting I was out in the open (outside of buildings) so no signs of "environmental" help. You also do have the option of quick firing.

The biggest improvement to stealth is that it actually works, haha. really you are given the option of how you want to approach a situation the AI feels improved as well. You are noticed but not like the rooftop guards in AC3.

Mr_Shade
10-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Where was my invite D:

bugger! knew I forgot something..

hahhaa ;)

Pays to be nice to us - sometimes ;)

zeo6016
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
so what about crocidiles as well ?? i've seen then in the latest preview and one of the crocodiles actually eaten a man :D so they will be danger on edward and can edward kills them ?

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 07:35 PM

hahhaa ;)

I am always nice to you!

You can leave your ship at anytime you want :D

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 07:37 PM

hahhaa ;)

Haha... Yes I must agree on this one! :) it was even better because I got some awesome parting gifts as well!

Thanks Ubisoft!

so what about crocidiles as well ?? i've seen then in the latest preview and one of the crocodiles actually eaten a man :D so they will be danger on edward and can edward kills them ?

Ahh! I wish I could answer this one but that came from sequence 6 more than likely and I was playing 3. I wanted to play both but my limited time did not allow it! :(

zeo6016
10-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Haha... Yes I must agree on this one! :) it was even better because I got some awesome parting gifts as well!

Thanks Ubisoft!

Ahh! I wish I could answer this one but that came from sequence 6 more than likely and I was playing 3. I wanted to play both but my limited time did not allow it! :(

:((((((( , so if sequence 3 is introducing us to what we can do in theg ame , then sequence 1 and 2 maybe in another different place like britain for example before edward comes to the cariibean ?? like they did in the first sequence of AC 3 ?

poptartz20
10-01-2013, 08:05 PM
:((((((( , so if sequence 3 is introducing us to what we can do in theg ame , then sequence 1 and 2 maybe in another different place like britain for example before edward comes to the cariibean ?? like they did in the first sequence of AC 3 ?

It's very possible! Because in the beginning of sequence 3 you have just obtained the your ship and name it the jackdaw. So one and two are more than likely the build up of that.

Frank9182011
10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Is ambient music actually making a comeback (like in AC2 and ACB)?

If so, how was it?

SixKeys
10-01-2013, 08:13 PM
What type of location is Nassau, compared to other cities in the games? Are the buildings tall or low, is it dirty or clean, is it tightly crammed or open? Does it feel different from Kingston or Havana? (If you got to visit those cities.)

zeo6016
10-01-2013, 08:48 PM
It's very possible! Because in the beginning of sequence 3 you have just obtained the your ship and name it the jackdaw. So one and two are more than likely the build up of that.

i hope so i love those prologues :D also did u tried harpooning ?? is harpooning a whale the same as the harpooning of a shark we saw before ? or edward will use a bigger boat this time :D ? and last thing , how long was sequence 3 ?? :)))))

Mr_Shade
10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Harpooning - depends on the animal..

You won't go after a whale - from a small boat - you will use the jackdaw.. but could go after smaller animals in the row boat - like sharks [by the look of it]

I-Like-Pie45
10-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Did you harass the game director with Connor questions, Poptartz?

Black_Widow9
10-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm so happy you got to go and have such a fun/amazing experience! :D

I wish I could have been there too!

pacmanate
10-02-2013, 11:06 AM

So does everyone :p

Rickin10
10-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I have 2 questions if you'd be so kind.

1. In combat is there a manual dodge/evade or still just that QTE stuff from AC3?

2.Could you elaborate on how the stealth has improved. Can you for instance go into cover behind smaller waist-high objects like boxes?

pacmanate
10-02-2013, 04:22 PM
I have a question!

When are you answering these?

Shahkulu101
10-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I would love to go to this more than anything. Looks soooooo cool. :D

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 04:31 AM
I have a question!

When are you answering these?

2/3 days Later. Hahah.. Sorry really I've been surprisingly busy.

I have 2 questions if you'd be so kind.

1. In combat is there a manual dodge/evade or still just that QTE stuff from AC3?

2.Could you elaborate on how the stealth has improved. Can you for instance go into cover behind smaller waist-high objects like boxes?

1. It's like AC3 again! (sorry I didn't read this right the first time.)

2. Haha.. no not exactly boxes but imagine Ac3's stealth actually being good. I mean you can still get behind a wall and whistle the option is there to go guns blazing or a silent approach. It really is up to you.

Awww! Thanks Widow! I'm so happy I was picked to go! I wish I could have made it for the "main event" but it was okay John did a great job of still giving me a great experience! :) I hope that I'll get to do it again eventually!

Did you harass the game director with Connor questions, Poptartz?

Hahah actually I did a little bit! When I spoke to Ashraf I told him I hope the game was terrible so I didn't have to buy it. Then he said if it was terrible I could come throw coffee in his face. and tell him about all the broken promises this game had. :D Such a nice guy! And Tall Too!

i hope so i love those prologues :D also did u tried harpooning ?? is harpooning a whale the same as the harpooning of a shark we saw before ? or edward will use a bigger boat this time :D ? and last thing , how long was sequence 3 ?? :)))))

Actually I didn't get to finish all of sequence 3! Lol! Reason being that I ended up getting sidetracked with all the things there are to do! Also I had to split my time between that and multiplayer. 3 hours really wasn't enough time. haha. But I did go at least an hour into sequence 3 w/o finishing it, I hope that give you some kind of estimate. I did go harpooning I was able to catch 2 sharks! It was a little more difficult that I imagined but as Shade said it's different for harpooning different animals. I just used the row boat for both of mine. Still I think it might be kinda repetitive after so long... we will see!

What type of location is Nassau, compared to other cities in the games? Are the buildings tall or low, is it dirty or clean, is it tightly crammed or open? Does it feel different from Kingston or Havana? (If you got to visit those cities.)

Nassau was the only city I got to play in during the playthrough but mostly everything is made out of bamboo sticks so it's not to tall and in some areas it's close together but others are kinda spread out! but you could navigate the city on rooftop if you wanted to.

Is ambient music actually making a comeback (like in AC2 and ACB)?

If so, how was it?

Yes Ambient music is back! :) In the cities it's random because you have people that are singing along with a mixture of music and other things! It's alot of fiddles and violins and pirates of the caribbeanish.

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Is animal hunting QTE based?

Did Nassau remind you of the AC1 cities slightly? One of the videos said that it felt a bit like Jerusalem and that's what I was thinking when I saw the concept art and some screens (not Jerusalem specifically though).

Did Nassau have chasebreakers? (Going through windows and open doors like in AC3)

How large was Nassau in comparison to other cities?

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Is animal hunting QTE based?

Did Nassau remind you of the AC1 cities slightly? One of the videos said that it felt a bit like Jerusalem and that's what I was thinking when I saw the concept art and some screens (not Jerusalem specifically though).

Did Nassau have chasebreakers? (Going through windows and open doors like in AC3)

How large was Nassau in comparison to other cities?

I didn't see any chasebreakers. They might be there though, or at least in other cities.

Yes Nassau is Jerusalem feel too it! In terms of of how the city is spaced. yet there are forts and everything as well.

and don't quote me on this but I want to say take the size of Boston and cut it in half roughly.

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 05:20 AM
so the cities of AC4 really are like taking all of the styles from the previous games and combining them (bar the Roman/Greek architecture in Rome and Constantinople, except we might get something that feels similar with the Mayan ruins)? That's awesome.

No comment on hunting QTEs?

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 07:01 AM
well.. as far as hunting, one of the sandbars I was on the were no QTE for killing animals. I killed some iguanas and and 2 Ocelots. The Ocelot I killed from a tree and the other with a Gun. He skins animals the same way and the same animation happens as in AC3 except you don't get the "thank you" at the end of everything.

as far as the cities Yes! You could say that exactly! they are doing a mash of them but with the flare of the Caribbean!

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Wait, so Edward has a pivot-blade? Or do you mean that he just uses a normal knife?

So you didn't encounter any animals that attacked you? QTEs are probably still in then, which I expected anyway, but I thought it would be interesting if they did try to tackle it in a way that masks the QTEs.

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 07:31 AM
He just had a knife! :D

and yes QTE are still possible. I was almost attacked but ran and shot it with the gun!

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Yea, Edward having a pivot-blade would have been a bit weird. It's like a Connor only thing.

Officially, Aveline doesn't have a pivot blade, but in combat with short weapons it sure looks like she's using one. Either that or a small knife.

It's a shame though, it seems like hidden blades are loosing their cool factor. Ezio's hidden blade was like the hidden all-purpose tool. Blade, Gun, and Poison all in one, as well as the Hookblade in Revelations.

Connor's blade just pivots into a knife.

Edward's just has a cool skull logo.

Aveline's has a nice design.

Altair's is the one that requires you to cut off a finger. Perfect for Jason Brody.

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Then again.. at the same time there is only so much you can do with a hidden blade ya know without it getting gimmicky (like the hookblade imo). It's a weapon and it's hidden. lol. The knife pivot made sense to me and I found it cool at the same time because Connor was the "first" Duel weapon wielding assassin. It gave the hidden blade a multi-purpose without the gimmick, but still served it's main purpose.

Ezio pretty much had the Batman utility belt of hidden blades. geez. All he needed was a Ham sandwich to come out of it and he would never need a woman again. lol.

killzab
10-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Yea, Edward having a pivot-blade would have been a bit weird. It's like a Connor only thing.

Officially, Aveline doesn't have a pivot blade, but in combat with short weapons it sure looks like she's using one. Either that or a small knife.

It's a shame though, it seems like hidden blades are loosing their cool factor. Ezio's hidden blade was like the hidden all-purpose tool. Blade, Gun, and Poison all in one, as well as the Hookblade in Revelations.

Connor's blade just pivots into a knife.

Edward's just has a cool skull logo.

Aveline's has a nice design.

Altair's is the one that requires you to cut off a finger. Perfect for Jason Brody.

Well, Haytham's got one pivot-blade too, and I think Aveline's supposed to have one as well actually.

Sushiglutton
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM

1. Yes there is!

Tell us more!!! I need to know excactly how this mechanic work right now :p! Is it like a ground roll (God Of War-ish), or can we vault over enmies and stuff (more Arkham-ish)? Which button?

Yes Ambient music is back! :) In the cities it's random because you have people that are singing along with a mixture of music and other things! It's alot of fiddles and violins and pirates of the caribbeanish.

I love the sound of this!

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey Sushi.. .I didn't read that question right the first time and corrected it! :D

it's just like AC3 again.

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, Haytham's got one pivot-blade too, and I think Aveline's supposed to have one as well actually.

Uh.. Haytham didn't have a pivot blade. -_-

And no, before Liberation came out, I asked one of the ACL design team if Aveline had a pivot blade like Connor, and they said she didn't.

Mr_Shade
10-05-2013, 06:59 PM
oooh infos.. i love the infos..

Sushiglutton
10-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Sushi.. .I didn't read that question right the first time and corrected it! :D

it's just like AC3 again.

Ah got you, thanks for answering, sorry for interrogation :)!

poptartz20
10-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Ah got you, thanks for answering, sorry for interrogation :)!

Haha! It's all good! It's expected and welcomed! I love the fact that I get to share this stuff with you guys!

Black_Widow9
10-06-2013, 05:51 AM
oooh infos.. i love the infos..
I know! I know!!!!! :D

Thank you so much poptartz for sharing and answering all of these questions. :)

poptartz20
10-06-2013, 08:35 AM
You're so welcome :D

killzab
10-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Uh.. Haytham didn't have a pivot blade. -_-

And no, before Liberation came out, I asked one of the ACL design team if Aveline had a pivot blade like Connor, and they said she didn't.

Oh I thought they did ...

But since they use Connor's exact same combat animations (because they didn't want to make new ones for them) are they supposed to be holding a knife then ?

And what about Edward ? Does he use a knife too ?

Jexx21
10-06-2013, 09:03 AM
As far as I know, Haytham doesn't have any of the animations involving a pivot blade because you couldn't wield short blades as Haytham and neither Connor nor Haytham used the left-hand hidden blade when using swords.

And I suppose Aveline's supposed to be holding a small knife, yes.

killzab
10-06-2013, 09:20 AM
As far as I know, Haytham doesn't have any of the animations involving a pivot blade because you couldn't wield short blades as Haytham and neither Connor nor Haytham used the left-hand hidden blade when using swords.

And I suppose Aveline's supposed to be holding a small knife, yes.

Alrighty then, though I was almost certain about Haytham holding a knife and having all of Connor's animations, I would've have to start AC3 again just to see that :D

ACfan443
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Fantastic informative thread poptartz, really appreciate your dedication and endeavour to address all of these inquiries. Now I have one of my own, and it picks up on a question you've previously answered about ambient music. When you said: "it's random because you have people that are singing along with a mixture of music and other things!" Are you referring to the tavern type music featured in the open work demo?
http://youtu.be/yKkc4IoMb70 (1:45)
If so, then I'd count that as an environmental sound rather than ambient music. What was the actual ambient music like (I.e the in game background track), and more specifically the style of Havana's?
(Apologies for being nitpicky and pedantic).