PDA

View Full Version : What would you like the new patch to have?

veemon_ro
09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
-New faction Dungeon, based on stealth units and assassins. (Stealth an enemy cannot see what creature you have deployed untill that creature atacks. The creature can be affected by AoE spells but not single target spells) Some spells , fortunes, and maybe even some creatures should allow players to reveal stealth
-New 2v2 mode so that finally there is a reason for us to have friends in our friends lists!
-More campaigns (i loved the current ones and the ai seems to be pretty good)
-A 3,4 or 5 v 1 mode where you get to fight against an AI or a player that has some major advantage
-More heroes 3 units (alot of people here LOVE heroes 3m adding some heroes 3 units would be a nudge to the fans)
-Some heroes 3 soundtrack (not sure if they have the copyright laws to do it but it would be awesome)
-More soundtrack for cards. Playing a firecamp should make the firecamp sound from heroes 6
-Artifacts. Heroes was ALL about artifacts, gathering swords armor and trinkets for your hero was the whole point of the game.
-Rebalance of some usless cards into making them usefull. For instance ignite does just 1 damage (its like adding one poison counter) make it cost 0 resources or deal 2 damage instead so that people would have a reason to hold it in their decks. Changes like this should be done for other cards that are rarely used too.

Dekasus
11-10-2013, 10:14 PM
"-New 2v2 mode so that finally there is a reason for us to have friends in our friends lists!"
Agreed ... I want 2v2 too.
And if they can to make the 2v2 like that: 2 (Friends) Versus 2 (Random Players)
2 (Friends) Versus 2 (Friends who are friends with the first friends and this mode should be called Custom 2v2 or something)
2 (Random Players) Versus 2 (Random Players).. etc. xD just saying.

Allinim
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't think that they will release a new faction, not enough time after Academy.
I'd like to see a "banished cards pile", and mostly some new gamemode, maybe some more competitive ones with bo3 or else...
I'd like to see something that makes rushes decks a little bit weaker, and maybe something to counter a little bit more easily something as op as quick attack ( Paos and shadow image mostly ).

AS_UR
11-11-2013, 10:30 PM
if u talk about next expansion (big *patch*)

- a filter for AoW, like u building a deck

-yea new campaign stages would be fine too i guess

-the amount of wildcards shown under your exp bar where the other ressources are shown

-something against the actual *rush-meta*

-for a draftmode it seems to early but new modes would be a nice addition

there will be no new faction as far as i know(for next expasion) but its no problem and for a 2v2 mode its way to early(if it ever will come)
crashes happen to me way to often would be nice if they can *stable* the servers(if they causes them)

Milky97
11-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Observer Mode please !

razcrux
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Re-use cards in multiple decks is still by far my highest concern/need!!

But assuming that is coming soon, cards that shake up the meta, more counters to Rush, more general counters to strategies that many heroes have zero means to counter currently (lock, rush, ongoing spells), counters to unique creatures specifically.

Sqrawn
11-18-2013, 08:30 PM
2v2 would be great

No new factions please, add to the existing ones.

Observer mode sounds good, as does more campaigns.

CtrlN
11-22-2013, 03:05 PM
+1 for 2vs2 mode as an online game to play with friends a feature like this is much needed.

WayneGace
11-23-2013, 01:45 AM
2v2? Unbalanced apocalypse. I do not think that would work.

RelZoBlade
11-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Chat channels :D

razcrux
11-27-2013, 02:21 AM
fix lag on ipad...

WarlordThuran
12-02-2013, 07:00 PM
- Would definetly love a heartstone-style limited tournament option! (i dont think normal draft or sealed would work, due to the hero requirement)
- 2v2 gets my vote!
- archenemy-style games.
- SHARED CARDS BETWEEN DECKS!
- TRADING!
- A filter for the altar of wishes, it's such a pain having to shuffle through all the cards instead of just setting it to show cards from the faction you are interested in.
- more campaign missions.
- Music from earlier heroes games. I for one would squee with joy to hear the heroes 3 theme in there somewhere.
- Deck stats in the builder, so you don't manually have to figure out your curve each time.

S1ju3k
12-02-2013, 10:29 PM
I like the new towers but still think it is a bit too similar to ongoing spells/fortunes and not really a new mechanic. I'd like a completely new mechanic to add to strategy of the game. Like for example to play cards face down on the field with a twist like face down card cannot attack but will activate its effect if attacked/ retaliate and be revealed if attacked. This way new cards could be designed with this mechanics in mind. Also imagine adding bluffing tactics to deter attacks. Will u risk attacking and revealing/ destroying the card or fall for a special ability of the spell or monster.

Sqrawn
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I think face-down cards are a bit messy. They might present problems for AI too, if the game's campaign should ever be expanded.

Surely there will be other new mechanics like outmaneuver or phasing. I'm excited to see those.

Warlord Thuran, what is the hearthstone limited tournament style?
A filter for the altar of wishes would be great. As a newer player I expected to see this after being able to with my collection.

S1ju3k
12-03-2013, 03:31 AM
If your only argument of it is that it can be messy, I'm sorry but it is not a very sound one. As for AI, the whole point is that it would have to be worked out by the developers like any new mechanic.

Now it could be implemented very simply without causing any mess. This is the first card game I played (I usually stick to RTS), but I could think of easy ways to implement it without being messy. Just from the top of my head: 1) double tap the card in your hand before playing. That could animate it face down, causing it to be deployed face down if you play it. 2) Or through existing mechanic where before deploying it asks you face down or up, just like some cards today give you options of selecting trigger effect of "creature, spell or fortune."

Now if this is not what u mean, and by messy you mean much more complex strategies resulting from it, than its for the better. I've played this game for about 3 weeks now and bounce between ELO 1001 and 1080. If you ask me this game needs a huge shake-up of meta game as most decks above 1050 are almost identical, either small variations of rush decks or control decks that lock you out and throw some combo at the end to finish you. Now I'm not complaining (and I fully like that there are strategies like that) but they are very predictable and boring to play against. I can usually figure out the tactic early and decide whether just to quit on turn 2-4 by the hand I got or keep playing. The point is, the game does not surprise you at all and just after 3 weeks is getting old because of it. What's worse, most games end before turn 10. In fact of the several hundred matches I had I could count the games that lasted past turn 20 on one hand, but those are the most fun when both you and your opponent are at wits end throwing the best combos possible as resources now allow both to be really innovative.

I think face down cards would allow just that prolonging and enriching the meta gameplay. Especially if now you have cards designed specifically with that in mind. For example, what's the fun of trap cards if the enemy knows what kind of trap you deployed. Now imagine if you could deploy traps without the opponent knowing what it is. Sure you might say he will just figure and avoid the trap. But now imagine designing cards where the whole point is where you have to spring the trap on the enemy on the next turn giving some bonus instead where as if he had the courage to activate it he would have benefited. The whole point would be that face downs would add an element of unknown that could be both beneficial or harmful and involve deeper tactics than just pre-configured decks where the outcome is known by early draw and type of deck.

Finally my last critique of the game is that you have to play past turn 4 before any interesting gameplay develops and don't understand why the game can't offer interesting gameplay on turn one. For example I came up with few examples of cards that could work on this face down mechanic and make it fun from turn 1:

Necropolis - Unique Creature
Poison Wasp (flyer)
1 Cost
1 Might 2 Magic 0 Destiny
1 Attack 0 Retaliate 1 Life
While Poison Wasp is face down, add 1 infect during each supply phase. If the card is revealed by owner, place all accumulated infect counters on a chosen creature. If the card is destroyed by enemy creature, place the counters on attacking creature. (Directly influenced by playing face down.)

Neutral - Unique Creature
Living Mana Stone (flyer)
1 Cost
0 Might 2 Magic 1 Destiny
0 Attack 0 Retaliate 1 Life
Anchored
Each turn the Living Mana Stone remains on the field spell cost is reduced by 1. If Living Mana Stone is removed from the field the effect is lost. (Now while no bonus for playing face down, you would obviously would want to hide it and if enemy is to afraid to attack could become OP).

Stronghold - Unique Creature
Cowardly Troll (melee)
1 Cost
2 Might 0 Magic 1 Destiny
0 Attack 0 Retaliate 3 Life
Swift
While Cowardly Troll is face down, it receives 1 enrage and 1 blood lust for each destroyed creature. (The point of this card would be that revealing a card counts as moving the card, but since it has swift it could be revealed and attack in the same turn).

Neutral - Creature
Demonic Parasite
1 Cost
1 Might 1 Magic 1 Destiny
2 Attack 0 Retaliate 1 Life
Anchored
If Demonic Parasite is destroyed by a creature while face down, destroy all adjacent creatures next to the Demonic Parasite. (Card like this could be a good early play either face down or up, but face down gets an interesting ability, but if enemy does not take the bait, you just limited your own deployment area as it becomes a bomb to friendly creatures nearby later on.)

Light - Spell (ongoing)
Mask of Lies
2 Cost
0 Might 3 Magic 0 Destiny
Face up: Add 3 to attack value and -3 to life of the creature.
Face Down: Add 3 to attack value. If spell is dispelled, deal 3 damage to enemy hero. If creature is destroyed with the spell effect, deal 3 damage to your hero.

Earth - Spell (trap)
King of Thorns
4 Cost
0 Might 5 Magic 0 Destiny
Face down only: Cannot be activated the same turn it is deployed. When attacking monster activates the trap, destroy the the monster and deal damage equal to attacking monster's health to all enemy creatures. (The point of this card would be that it could be placed to destroy a single enemy creature if you have nothing on the field, or if opponent is to afraid to spring it, you could use to inflict massive damage to his entire army on the next turn. However because it is cheap with potential to do a lot of damage, it also has a double edge sword aspect.)

Anyway just some ideas and possibilities I think face down card gameplay would add.

zerolimiti
12-04-2013, 03:33 PM
- i think an easy improvement to make is many other alternative arts of the cards, some of them are just awful. It can be a little incentive for top players who already have all cards, and a way to make the game more various in general.
- most of the players who leave duel of champions, even if just for a while, they do it because more or less this game is always the same. My suggestion is to make some side-minigames to earn gold or other resources (tickets, boosts, ecc) in a different way.

Fly666monkey
12-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I agree on a 2v2 mode. In fact, some more modes besides 1v1 would be a nice breath of fresh air, balanced or not. 3-way and 4-way matches in MTG were an absolute chaotic, broken mess at times (Hello Tainted Sigil), but they were tons of fun to play and watch.

Blitz556
12-07-2013, 10:56 AM
A search function. Better filter at the Altar of Wishes.

And something that probably is never gonna happen - wildcards from sacrificial pit.

Myrmagican
12-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Dungeon AND Sylvan with the next big expansion, plz, ubi

titusthefox
12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Dungeon faction plix =D

Edit: And a filtering system for Altar of Wishes too =p

WayneGace
12-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Balance fix, bug fx, server fix. Sacrifice for wildcard.

hisodin
12-11-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned about the achievements here.

Can the devs focus on creating sub categories for the achievement section such as the thread below in game menu?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724248-List-of-in-game-achievements-Forums

It's quite a drag when the achievements are mix around in the game menu thus, the endless scrolling down.

Not to mention, when scrolling down to look for a specific achievement, it is quite laggy.

VampFury
12-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi. I made a thread about improvements here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/814479-DoC-improvements-topic-%28in-depth-analysis-and-discussion%29

I used some suggestions from here and if I missed some, you can join the discussion :)

gusser5527
12-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Ohh yes add 2vs2 would create some sick combos and yes campaign would be really cool add on,
Either add stealth cards to each faction(make that the enemy dont see that you used any resorces)

Then i think just to add more cards will be really helpful, more buildings. spells, heroes, fortunes and creatures. in long term to add cards is the best. it creates different types of deck each expansion.
I think 2vs 2 is a must to have now. or different modes. becuase the same will get boring.

SlightlyOld
01-12-2014, 11:14 PM
hi all, i've started playing this game yeasterday and it captured me. i totaly agree with you guys saying that a 2vs2 would be a great feature. but thats not what i would like most to see in the upcoming patches. I would like to have the chance to trade cards with other players and the chance to organize my deck easily because i cant see the cards very well while building deck because its too small, can you guys make it bigger please?

Nekelkesh
01-17-2014, 06:00 PM
I think 2vs2 should wait until all the factions are incorporated.

As for what I would like:

A statistic overview of your decks on your profile page (wins, losses, how did they fare against other factions etc...)

An implementation of the Dungeon or Fortress faction.