PDA

View Full Version : The Tales We Tell Ourselves...

Poodle_of_Doom
09-28-2013, 10:07 PM
I'v been asked about the series by a few individuals, and what it was about. And generally, the series is easy to explain. However, I have also been asked about the storyline, and was asked to explain what was happening at certain points to someone who didn't know anything about the game, or had ever watched me, or anyone else, play through it. At that, it's kind of a hard story to explain, because of all the depth, number of characters, and interactions thereof.

So, this is my plight. I'm curious to know, how would you retell the Assassins Creed saga to another individual, who hadn't played the game, and had no desire too? How would you tell it, from beginning, to end?

pacmanate
09-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Motive of each character, important targets, modern day parts that are relevent.

Im not going to write out a story if thats what you were asking.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Motive of each character, important targets, modern day parts that are relevent.

Im not going to write out a story if thats what you were asking.

It kind of was actually. But the summary works as well.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I would start from the First Civilization and talk about the Pieces of Eden the history of each character and explain from there to the current game.

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 10:58 PM
If the person had no desire to play the games, I don't see why they would want to know the plot.

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Guy gets kidnapped. Guy lives life of other guy. Chick brings guy to warehouse. Guy lives life of new other guy. Guy and crew get out of warehouse. Guy goes to new other guy's old villa. Guy continues being new other guy. Guy gets trapped in Animus. Guy continues living life of new other guy. Guy lives memories of new other guy AND old other guy. Guy wakes. Guy goes to temple - relives life of newer other guy. Guy dies but saves the world. Ghost/alien chick seeks world domination.

End.

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Ezio slept with a lot of women before he died of an overarousal by looking at Flavia in Embers

Connor was a virgin Mexican who was bullied by his dad so he would grow up to be really tough

Desmond was a wimp who cried all the time and died when he touched some glass

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Guy gets kidnapped. Guy lives life of other guy. Chick brings guy to warehouse. Guy lives life of new other guy. Guy and crew get out of warehouse. Guy goes to new other guy's old villa. Guy continues being new other guy. Guy gets trapped in Animus. Guy continues living life of new other guy. Guy lives memories of new other guy AND old other guy. Guy wakes. Guy goes to temple - relives life of newer other guy. Guy dies but saves the world. Ghost/alien chick seeks world domination.

End.
Just all of this! :D

Connor was a virgin Mexican who was bullied by his dad so he would grow up to be really tough
Connor wasn't Mexican! Damn! >__>

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Connor was half Mexican. Haytham was fully Mexican.

That's why he wore a taco hat. To pay homage to his heritage which he left behind to pursue his Templar goals. This is my head canon - don't bite.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Connor was half Mexican. Haytham was fully Mexican.

That's why he wore a taco hat. To pay homage to his heritage which he left behind to pursue his Templar goals. This is my head canon - don't bite.
Lol this alternative version of Connor I don't like! :-|

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Connor wasn't Mexican! Damn! >__>

mixed breeds are all Mexicans at heart

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Did Edward have an affair with a Mexican women? Haytham is the result of that! :D

LOL

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 11:50 PM

Then you are calling adventurwoman a Mexican - and I. :/

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Then you are calling adventurwoman a Mexican - and I. :/
Exactly, I don't have any trace of Mexican in my DNA. :-\

Dag_B
09-29-2013, 12:15 AM
It would depend on how much the person would want to know...

I think the most general explanation of the story would be to mainly focus on the modern story. If the person is only superficial interested in the story I guess the storylines you explore in the past are to complex. Most events of the past-storylines are pretty nonrelevant to the "overall story", so I guess you would skip those... I mean, we mostly do this exploring-the-past-stuff for that single information we get in the end.
If the person you're talking to is a little bit more interested you could add details... Or you discuss the personal stories of the assassins afterwards, just to streamline this a little bit and make clear, what the mainstory is and why it is nevertheless interesting to explore the past.

Assassin_M
09-29-2013, 12:19 AM
"What does AC talk about?? I wanna try it"
*I bring all my AC games*
"here, play, return them by next month"

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 12:23 AM
"What does AC talk about?? I wanna try it"
*I bring all my AC games*
"here, play, return them by next month"

'Av you ever done that fah real mate?

LieutenantRex
09-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Mexican isn't a race, don't be ignorant.

Back to the thread. AC is about Desmond Miles, a young man who neglected his heritage as an Assassin,, a group of people who fight for mankind's freedom against the Templars, who want peace through control. Desmond is kidnapped by the Templars are put into a machine that helps relive the memories of his ancestors fort he purpose of finding Pieces of Eden, ancient artifacts left behind by the First Civilization, an ancient society that created mankind. Desmond escapes with the help of a double agent, and then kills her, then finds out that the world is ending soon, and that only he can stop it. Then, he relives a Mohawk Tribe ancestor and uses that knowledge to save the world. Then he dies.

Assassin_M
09-29-2013, 12:33 AM
'Av you ever done that fah real mate?
Yes...yes I have. numerous times actually...works a lot better....saves time

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 12:36 AM
TF.

We weren't being serious, no one is being ignorant. Calm down.

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2013, 12:38 AM
AC3 was an inaccurate portrayal of Indians

where was all the curry and bollywood musical numbers

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 12:41 AM

Haha! Indeed!

I blame Columbus for is lack of a compass. :D

Edit: Way did I make that rhythm.. :-\

LieutenantRex
09-29-2013, 12:48 AM
TF.

We weren't being serious, no one is being ignorant. Calm down.

I'm calm, but a bit frustrated that this thread got derailed because of foolishness like that. Oh look, I'm doing it now.

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Guy sees his Ancestor from the Crusades, Altair unfortunately had a mild case of autism so he repeated things.

He then went to the Renaissance where he met the greatest person ever, this person also contracted Herpes from a nun.

Finally he sees his American Revolution friend and that's all I'll say about that.

pirate1802
09-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Exactly, I don't have any trace of Mexican in my DNA. :-\

"Sure you are, you just don't know it yet."

*flees*

pirate1802
09-29-2013, 06:51 AM

Totally agreed.

ToughGuy31
09-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Some dude who's neglected by the fans and writers is kidnapped by the modern day Templars, and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors to find magic apples that can give you infinite power. He escapes, becomes 3 ninjas combined, and try's to take them down with like 3 or 4 othe people. After killing two guys, he touches a orb that releases a evil space wizard and dies. The end.

lothario-da-be
09-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I was about to explain ac to someone. But afther 20 seconds i stopped and said i can't explain it without him playing 1 game.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-29-2013, 06:37 PM
If the person had no desire to play the games, I don't see why they would want to know the plot.

One person in particular took interest in it simply because it was something that interested me. At that, video games weren't their thing.

Back to the thread. AC is about Desmond Miles, a young man who neglected his heritage as an Assassin,, a group of people who fight for mankind's freedom against the Templars, who want peace through control. Desmond is kidnapped by the Templars are put into a machine that helps relive the memories of his ancestors fort he purpose of finding Pieces of Eden, ancient artifacts left behind by the First Civilization, an ancient society that created mankind. Desmond escapes with the help of a double agent, and then kills her, then finds out that the world is ending soon, and that only he can stop it. Then, he relives a Mohawk Tribe ancestor and uses that knowledge to save the world. Then he dies.

This is a good post.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm calm, but a bit frustrated that this thread got derailed because of foolishness like that. Oh look, I'm doing it now.

If it bothers you that threads get derailed... you're not going to make it here. Haha.

anyways I would also agree with your earlier post Rex but I would also mention that you get to live the lives of multiple ancestors because it's not just Connor of course, that and also you must finish the story of each ancestor before you are able to go into a "new" one.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-29-2013, 07:35 PM
If it bothers you that threads get derailed... you're not going to make it here. Haha.

anyways I would also agree with your earlier post Rex but I would also mention that you get to live the lives of multiple ancestors because it's not just Connor of course, that and also you must finish the story of each ancestor before you are able to go into a "new" one.

Actually, it kind of pissed me off that my thread got derailed to. And by comments that are boarderlin racist at that.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Actually, it kind of pissed me off that my thread got derailed to. And by comments that are boarderlin racist at that.

I'm sorry to hear that Poodle, but it seems like you have been here long enough to know what goes on around here! -- nobody means any harm by anything here I'm sure, But at least your question did get answered in a proper manner and wasn't neglected completely so there is an up and down to everything!

also with boarder line racist comments... We have people from different backgrounds and religious beliefs I'm sure it was never anybody's intent to actually be a racist just being funny. We should be able to laugh at ourselves from time to time noone is being serious.(Think of the forums as a long running episode of Family Guy) If someone actually was or if you feel like somebody was being attacked/racist or if you didn't like a certain comment address it in the forums so others know that they are crossing the line or always report it to the mods! it will be handled ASAP!

I know this does not excuse anything but I hope you do feel a little better!

Poodle_of_Doom
09-29-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Poodle, but it seems like you have been here long enough to know what goes on around here! -- nobody means any harm by anything here I'm sure, But at least your question did get answered in a proper manner and wasn't neglected completely so there is an up and down to everything!

also with boarder line racist comments... We have people from different backgrounds and religious beliefs I'm sure it was never anybody's intent to actually be a racist just being funny. We should be able to laugh at ourselves from time to time noone is being serious.(Think of the forums as a long running episode of Family Guy) If someone actually was or if you feel like somebody was being attacked/racist or if you didn't like a certain comment address it in the forums so others know that they are crossing the line or always report it to the mods! it will be handled ASAP!

I know this does not excuse anything but I hope you do feel a little better!

You know, you are right. I have been here to know how this works. I also know it doesn't work like that. And that I can have this thread reviewed by request. Lets make that happen and see who's right.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 11:25 PM
You know, you are right. I have been here to know how this works. I also know it doesn't work like that. And that I can have this thread reviewed by request. Lets make that happen and see who's right.

umm... okay??

all I'm saying is that I've seen members personally felt like there were racist comments she said something about them and the person/people stopped before it was escalated.

so whoa. I'm not the one that's trying to offend you here..

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 11:29 PM
I would like it if the story was actually coherent and engrossing narrative wise. It lost it's charm after ACR.

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 11:31 PM
I would like it if the story was actually coherent and engrossing narrative wise. It lost it's charm after ACR.Indeed.

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Indeed.

Another thing, it's like they actively made Desmond such a dull character, he had no redeeming qualities personality wise.

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Another thing, it's like they actively made Desmond such a dull character, he had no redeeming qualities personality wise.What about that time he got punched by his dad, that redeemed his dad.

Black_Widow9
09-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Let me make something perfectly clear. Racism or borderline racism will be seen as an insult and/or hate speech which will not be tolerated. While you may think it is harmless you can be deeply offending someone. I would suggest next time you think before you type.

Topic closed.