PDA

View Full Version : Building Grails

dre.maa
09-28-2013, 05:31 PM
I understand that each player can only build a grail once for his/her alliance. My question is what if that player switches alliances-is she/he able to build a grail for the new alliance? If you leave and rejoin an alliance, are you able to build a second grail for that alliance? And finally, if you are chosen and don't build a grail by the end of the round can you be chosen to build a grail again?

filipd81
09-29-2013, 10:37 AM
If you change alliance you can build the grail again. But if you have to change alliance your server is probably going bad. Better quit and think about another game.

If you leave and rejoin an alliance, are you able to build a second grail for that alliance?
I don't know but if it was possible it would be exploit. Or UBI will fix it quickly or you have to change game.

And finally, if you are chosen and don't build a grail by the end of the round can you be chosen to build a grail again?
What it s the point of this question? It just doesn't make sense. It will make more sense to ask what happen to the tear if you don't build the grail. And if it doesn't disappear will be it possible to build 2 grails in the same round. And would the 2 grails give double points :)

AndreanDW
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
If you change alliance you can build the grail again. But if you have to change alliance your server is probably going bad. Better quit and think about another game.

I'm playing on a server where the 2nd and 3rd alliance in ranking are allied; each of these alliances have(had) 2 or 3 very strong players in might; and sometimes one of these strong players switches to the other alliance, and sometimes back; if all these players can build grails in both alliances that would be a little bit strange, and not as intended; of course it would be a curious situation if at a PvP server 40 grails are built by the first 12 players in might that switch through 4 alliances ^^

filipd81
09-29-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't think this was intended. Part of the strategy would be to choose players of the own ally, strong or weak, in the right moment. You are talking about another kind of exploit. As such it falls in my second comment - quick fix or change game.

dre.maa
09-30-2013, 12:43 PM
My question was because a grail was given out on day 5 of 7 of a round. By the time the grail was built (Day 6), I had no time to launch an assault on another grail. We don't have many active members left and I was wondering if that person could have not built his grail that round and built it at the beginning of the next round so that I could launch an assault. We are the 7th place alliance, so I am not going to "win" the server, but it is incredibly boring with nothing/no one to attack (we are allied with the 2 alliances near me).

What do you mean by "change game?" Do you mean start on a new world or start playing a different game?

filipd81
09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
What do you mean by "change game?" Do you mean start on a new world or start playing a different game?
Consider that every time when we, the players, find out an exploit it takes ages to be fixed. Meanwhile the damage is done. And when it is about to take measures against players who exploit/cheat the support is very obstinate to act. In the last 2 months I posted 0 positive comments on the game and I got one deleted thread. I leave to you the interpretation of my statement.

MartyAmodeo
09-30-2013, 11:21 PM
In the last 2 months I posted 0 positive comments on the game and I got one deleted thread. I leave to you the interpretation of my statement.

The sole reason for your deletion is that your posting violated the code of conduct of the forums, specifically for mentioning players by name. You are being dishonest to imply that it had anything to do with you freely expressing your opinion about the game.

filipd81
10-01-2013, 08:06 AM
The sole reason for your deletion is that your posting violated the code of conduct of the forums, specifically for mentioning players by name. You are being dishonest to imply that it had anything to do with you freely expressing your opinion about the game.

Marty, you have never understand anything of my posts. Actually right now I don't answer to you but to those who read. First of all I didn't imply they were connected I just listed facts. Violating the code was something that I did on purpose and there is a message behind it, a negative message. Btw I'm not even sure that naming other players was the only reason for the deletion since in the past I have read other posts containing names and they were not deleted.

MartyAmodeo
10-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Marty, you have never understand anything of my posts. Actually right now I don't answer to you but to those who read. First of all I didn't imply they were connected I just listed facts. Violating the code was something that I did on purpose and there is a message behind it, a negative message. Btw I'm not even sure that naming other players was the only reason for the deletion since in the past I have read other posts containing names and they were not deleted.

There admittedly is a bit of a language barrier, but I do understand very clearly here. What you did is provide innuendo. Listing the facts together (in the same sentence no less!) and telling the reader to interpret them is tantamount to stating that they are connected. Otherwise they would just be random non sequitur statements and would amount to gibberish. I guess I was being generous by assuming the former.

Negative messages about game content occur all the time. I've authored quite a few of my own. Since you already admit that you know why the thread was locked (after all, you violated the COC "on purpose"), why foist the innuendo along with it? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

These supports guys have it hard enough without inventing reasons to turn them into the bad guys.

filipd81
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
bla bla bla

I mean "start playing a different game".