PDA

View Full Version : What would you want in an "ultimate edition" of the saga ?

killzab
09-27-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm talking about re-releasing the games with some tweaked content, kinda like what they're doing with AC Liberation HD.

Or like HD remakes we've seen on the current gen with God of War, Kingdom Hearts etc ...

Let's keep it reasonable, for example changing the whole structure of AC1 to be more like the following games wouldn't be reasonable. It's more about small additions and tweaks that can dramatically improve the experience. Here are mine :

- AC1 : I want the game to stay the way it is : the "purest" assassin simulator of all the games. I'd like them to find ways to make it just a little less repetitive, like they did for the director's cut on PC but even better. And add the moves we've come to expect in later games, like Air assassinations. But I don't know, there's not so much I would like to see changed in this game. It's been a while since I played it so maybe I can't remember everything that bothered me.

- AC2 : For the love of god, please remake all character models to be at least on par with ACB, they're just painful to look at, especially Ezio's family, they look like *** !
Improve the shadows as well, they look terrible even on PC, the worst in the series. Maybe they could improve the battle of Forli DLC sequence a little bit. And replace beating cheating husbands by something more meaningful perhaps.

- ACB : Flesh out the last sequence, it was just ridiculous. We were jumping several years in just 5 minutes. Simply adding some voice-over from Ezio to give it more context would help... And please add a final goodbye scene between Leonardo and Ezio to give some closure to their relationship.

- ACR : Improve the Desmond content, like completely ! Add at least 5 minutes of dialogue between Desmond and Clay to make him ask relevant questions regarding The Truth and everything. And explain the Lucy situation IN THE MAIN GAME with a cutscene ! This one is a no-brainer.

- AC3 : get rid of the remaining glitches, fix the notoriety in NY pretty please. Improve stealth by tweaking the AI like in ACIV, I'm sure it's doable since both games share the same engine. And the most important thing, include ALL DELETED DIALOGUES back in the game, Connor's monologue, Haytham's journal or at least its final entry since it's been dubbed by the voice actor in a podcast, Achilles's conversations and move all epilogue cutscenes to their original, chronological place.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 08:26 PM
A consistent control scheme and combat system throughout. Especially for AC2, fighting was a chore in it.

They're not going to remake the saga though.

SixKeys
09-27-2013, 10:16 PM
I would not want anything added story-wise. No adding new scenes or story-related content. No removing of already existing content either, I like the beat-up missions in AC2. The only changes that should be done would be graphic improvements - even then only minor things, like HD conversion, not changing the entire graphic look of the game. AC2 may look like crap, but that just makes the graphic improvements in later games stand out more. Whenever studios try to remake the graphics in an old game, it often ends up losing some of the original's charm.

One thing that definitely needs to be changed though: let us replay AC2 memories.

Farlander1991
09-27-2013, 10:18 PM
LET US REMOVE THE ****ING ARMOR AND WEAPONS AS WE PLEASE.

Sorry, that's just a little pet peeve of mine :p

I bet we won't be able to do that even in AC4, though :-/

x___Luffy___x
09-27-2013, 10:46 PM
LET US REMOVE THE ****ING ARMOR AND WEAPONS AS WE PLEASE.

Sorry, that's just a little pet peeve of mine :p

I bet we won't be able to do that even in AC4, though :-/

agree with the armor.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Very small chance they will ever go back and modify some of the mechanics of any games in the saga. Best you can hope for would be remake(s).

STDlyMcStudpants
09-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Ac 1 - Let us touch the water without dying + add trophies

That is all :)

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Ac 1 - Let us touch the water without dying + add trophies

That is all :)

Haha... agreed That's all I really want as well.

Jon253
09-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Would this be a boxed collection after the supposed end that they planned for?

How about a nice big boxed set with all games on one system. Something like the Elder Scrolls Saga boxed set just released
-All Content (including Playstation Exclusives) on disk
-Bonus features disk(s)
-Lots of artwork
-Repolished graphics, gameplay, ect.
-ASsassin's Creed Bloodlines HD
-Improved and more Desmond content in AC3

RatonhnhakeFan
09-28-2013, 01:07 AM
-ASsassin's Creed Bloodlines HD
Well, the only reason it worked for God of War PSP games is because they were extremly high quality in the first place. Bloodlines well...

STDlyMcStudpants
09-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Haha... agreed That's all I really want as well.

Assassin's Creed HD for next gen is my dream lol, would be cool to release it alongside the movie.
It surprises me that after Uncharted went back and added trophies due to it's success that Assassin's Creed didn't...
I feel like it may never happen though because ACR came with AC1 and it wasn't an HD remake nor did it add trophy support :(
But one can dream lol
But then again, what would it say about them if they made an HD remake of a game in the same gen :D
So the glimmer of hope is still there. ;)
BUUUT What if they did a complete remake with next gen graphics maybe add some bonus sequences, trophies. ,and released it next year to give them more time for ACV?! :O Would anyone be mad at that??? :D
add in the psp and cell phone games lol. Sell it for like $40
The Altair Collection. :D

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Hot Coffee

aeroaxe3
09-28-2013, 09:41 AM
AC1: Less repetitive investigation missions, actual cutscenes, the moves from previous games (killing from haystack, air assassinations, pulling guards from towers), being able to hide bodies, Altair specific combat moves, voiced by Cas Anvar, and and not having Altair and Desmond have the same face.

AC2: Graphics update, Ezio specific combat moves, and not having Ezio and Desmond have the same face.

ACB: Nothing really important to add to this one. Ezio specific combat moves, and not having Ezio and Desmond have the same face. Plus what you said.

ACR: Don't get notoriety for buying shops, only landmarks. Get rid of the creepy amber eyes everyone has in the PS3 version. Keep den defense, but have you actually do something instead of placing assassins and hoping for the best. Plus what you said. Maybe add a few more Altair missions as well?

AC3: Fix the glitches, tweak the AI so they don't notice you all the time, make it so there's not as many guards on the rooftops, have Connor's outfit change in cutscenes if he's wearing something different, all the deleted dialogue...maybe do something to make the Frontier seem more alive? Also, ambient music while free-roaming. And fix up the crafting system.

lothario-da-be
09-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Assassin's Creed HD for next gen is my dream lol, would be cool to release it alongside the movie.
It surprises me that after Uncharted went back and added trophies due to it's success that Assassin's Creed didn't...
I feel like it may never happen though because ACR came with AC1 and it wasn't an HD remake nor did it add trophy support :(
But one can dream lol
But then again, what would it say about them if they made an HD remake of a game in the same gen :D
BUUUT What if they did a complete remake with next gen graphics maybe add some bonus sequences, trophies. ,and released it next year to give them more time for ACV?! :O Would anyone be mad at that??? :D
Did Uncharted 1 had no trophies in the beginning?

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 10:25 AM
When the series finishes I think it'd be cool to have all the games with all the DLC on next next-gen.

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Why do people care so much about introducing trophies for a game that never had them to begin with? What would you even have with AC1? "Successfully sat on a bench and listened to a guy talk for 5 minutes"? "Pickpocketed 5 knives"? "Punched a beggar 3 times"?

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Did Uncharted 1 had no trophies in the beginning?

All the PS3 games sometime before sometime in 2008/2009 had no trophies. After trophies became mandatory, it was up to the developers if they wanted to patch in trophies for older games.

Some did it, like Uncharted 1, Fallout in Name Only 3, MGS4 - what took you so long, Kojima?, and Battlefield Bad Company.

However, some big names like Ubisoft (AC1), Capcom (DMC4), and Insomniac (Ratchet and Clank Future 1 + 2, Resistance 1) never bothered.

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 07:06 PM
But one can dream lol

Haha! You have really thought about this haven't you! lol. I personally would like the fact of a HD remake but wasn't AC1 already HD? lol (720p) I too always thought why didn't they add trophies, yet xbox had achievements for the game. Even after the game got popular but then again with it being a yearly released game after AC2 there probably wasn't any time or they just didn't think to do because Ezio was soo popular. So why focus on old installments when the current ones are doing better than what's already?

Also I don't think people would go for a re-release of AC1 in place of AC4.1 or AC5 if anything I could see them pushing it out mid season of the wait in the yearly release.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Why do people care so much about introducing trophies for a game that never had them to begin with? What would you even have with AC1? "Successfully sat on a bench and listened to a guy talk for 5 minutes"? "Pickpocketed 5 knives"? "Punched a beggar 3 times"?

Plat:
The Eagle and The Apple - 1191
Complete Assassin's Creed.

Personal Vendetta
Kill every Templar.

Keeper of the Lions Passant
Find All of Richard's Flags in the Kingdom.

Keeper of the Creed
Find All Flags in Masyaf.

Keeper of the Four Gospels
Find All Flags in Jerusalem.

Keeper of the Crescent
Find All Flags in Damascus.

Absolute Symbiosis
Have a complete Synchronization bar.

Fearless
Complete all Reach High Points.

Hungerer of Knowledge
See 85% of all the memory glitches.

Defender of the People: Acre
Complete every free mission in Acre.

Defender of the People:Jerusalem
Complete every free mission in Jerusalem.

Defender of the People: Damascus
Complete every free mission in Damascus.

Conversationalist
Go through every dialog with Lucy.

Disciple of the Creed
Assassinate all your targets with a full DNA bar.

Eagle's Will
Defeat 100 opponents without dying.

Eagle's Flight
Last 10 minutes in open conflict.

Eagle's Prey
Assassinate 100 guards.

Blade in the Crowd
Kill one of your main targets like a true assassin.

Eagle's Challenge
Defeat 25 guards in a single fight.

Eagle's Swiftness
Perform 100 Counter Kill in Fights.

Eagle's Dive
Perform 50 Combo Kills in Fights.

Eagle's Talon
Perform 50 stealth assassinations.

Eagle's Dance
Perform 50 leap of faith.

The hands of a Thief
Pickpocket 200 throwing knives.

March of the Pious
Use Scholar blending 20 times.

Eagle's Eye
Kill 75 guards by throwing knives.

Enemy of the Poor
Grab and Throw 25 Harassers.

Gifted Escapist
Jump through 20 merchant stands.

Keeper of the Black Cross
Find All Teutonic Flags in Acre.

Keeper of the Order
Find all Templar Flags in Acre.

Keeper of the 8 Virtues
Find All Hospitalier Flags in Acre.

Secret Trophies

Visions of the Future
A strange vision has appeared to you. What could it mean?

The Blood of a Corrupt Merchant
You've slain Tamir, Black Market Merchant in Damascus.

The Blood of a Slave Trader
You've slain Talal, Slave Trader of Jerusalem.

The Blood Of A Doctor
You've slain Garnier de Naplouse, Hospitlier Leader in Acre.

The Blood of a Regent
You've slain Majd Addin, Regent of Jerusalem.

The Blood of the Merchant King
You've slain Abul Nuqoud, Merchant King of Damascus.

The Blood of a Liege-Lord
You've slain William of Montferrat, Liege-Lord of Acre.

The Blood of a Scribe
You've slain Jubair, the Scribe of Damascus.

The Blood of a Teutonic Leader
You've slain Sibrand, the Teutonic Leader of Acre.

The Blood of a Nemesis
You've slain Robert de Sable, but there is one more...

Welcome to the Animus
You've successfully completed the Animus tutorial.

Hero of Masyaf
You've protected Masyaf from the Templar invasion.

The Punishment for Treason
You have found the traitor and have brought him before Al Mualim.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Haha! You have really thought about this haven't you! lol. I personally would like the fact of a HD remake but wasn't AC1 already HD? lol (720p) I too always thought why didn't they add trophies, yet xbox had achievements for the game. Even after the game got popular but then again with it being a yearly released game after AC2 there probably wasn't any time or they just didn't think to do because Ezio was soo popular. So why focus on old installments when the current ones are doing better than what's already?

Also I don't think people would go for a re-release of AC1 in place of AC4.1 or AC5 if anything I could see them pushing it out mid season of the wait in the yearly release.

Lol i didnt really think about it, i just made it up0 as i typed haha, but i would like a next gen remake :D

JarodRussel2012
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
After finishing AC: Revelations, I had the burning desire to go "home" to Florence with Ezio. So an ultimate edition for me would be a combination of AC2, ACB and ACR, where you could go visit all the places, from Florence over Rome to Istanbul.

IconicNewt
10-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I would love to see a separate Assassin's Creed game. Maybe call it "Legends" or something. Either way, it'd be similar to Soul Calibur: it'd have all the major Assassins & Templars; would be a multiplayer (online & offline); and would be a quest for the apple to, say, change their destiny. I think it'd be awesome to pit the original against the new