PDA

View Full Version : AC Embers (Contain Spoilers)

Legionario-Cero
09-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Ezio's death, was it natural? or was there something behind it?

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 01:43 AM
It's been a while since I watched Embers, I think that he was Assassinated by someone I can't remember the details.

it's like Ezio knew he was gong to die at that moment.

Jexx21
09-27-2013, 01:55 AM
natural

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Shao Jun did it

when he handed her the box she subtly put poison into his system through the paint on her fingernails

Legionario-Cero
09-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Ok, so I guess natural?
Also yeah, about the box he gave her, is it known what was inside?

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2013, 02:17 AM
The Connor sequel was in the box the whole time

Legionario-Cero
09-27-2013, 02:19 AM
So many trolls here, can't get a serious answer?

Legionario-Cero
09-27-2013, 02:24 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111219161132/assassinscreed/images/thumb/f/f3/Templar_Embers.png/640px-Templar_Embers.png

.... seems like a templar to me.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 02:28 AM
In my headcanon, the guy on the bench was a Templar, but he didn't assassinate him like most people think (there was no opportunity... he only touched Ezio's hand once like ten seconds before he died, and no poison on earth works that fast, not even video game poison). Rather, he was a "true" Templar, and respected Ezio for ridding the corrupt Borgia Templars from Italy, so the true Templar Brotherhood could rise again. If you think about it, Ezio did just as much good for the Templars as he did for the Assassins by ending the Templar dark age headed by Rodrigo/Cesare.

Plus, he'd been coughing his lungs out for days beforehand and then got severely injured in the fight at his villa, so I'm thinking he knew he was about to die soon.

LieutenantRex
09-27-2013, 02:39 AM
In my headcanon, the guy on the bench was a Templar, but he didn't assassinate him like most people think (there was no opportunity... he only touched Ezio's hand once like ten seconds before he died, and no poison on earth works that fast, not even video game poison). Rather, he was a "true" Templar, and respected Ezio for ridding the corrupt Borgia Templars from Italy, so the true Templar Brotherhood could rise again. If you think about it, Ezio did just as much good for the Templars as he did for the Assassins by ending the Templar dark age headed by Rodrigo/Cesare.

Plus, he'd been coughing his lungs out for days beforehand and then got severely injured in the fight at his villa, so I'm thinking he knew he was about to die soon.

This. The Borgia family were a dark stain for the Templars, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Templars renewed their somewhat noble purpose of peace soon after the Borgias were out of power.
The young man was assuring Ezio that no one would come for his family if he died, therefore telling old man Auditore to rest. It may seem a bit too good to be true, but I believe that was the final string to cut Ezio from the living world.

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 02:54 AM
So many trolls here, can't get a serious answer?
My answer was serious. :-|

Maybe someone threw a poisoned dart at him.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 03:25 AM
My answer was serious. :-|

Maybe someone threw a poisoned dart at him.That didn't happen, I'm no writer but to make the protagonist die by having an off screen person throw a dart that we didn't see is a terrible way to end things.

That guy just most likely killed him, he was already dying from the lung infection he got in Cappadocia, he probably just injected him with something when he grabbed his hand.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 03:38 AM
This. The Borgia family were a dark stain for the Templars, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Templars renewed their somewhat noble purpose of peace soon after the Borgias were out of power.
The young man was assuring Ezio that no one would come for his family if he died, therefore telling old man Auditore to rest. It may seem a bit too good to be true, but I believe that was the final string to cut Ezio from the living world.

IMO it makes far more sense than poison. I mean, it's extremely obvious he was already dying and he knew it, he was a decrepit old man and he was even writing farewell letters to his wife... He didn't NEED to be assassinated; for one, he was no longer an active threat to anyone, plus he was visibly on death's door throughout the whole film. He didn't look like he'd last another week anyway even if he wasn't "poisoned".

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 03:39 AM
That didn't happen, I'm no writer but to make the protagonist die by having an off screen person throw a dart that we didn't see is a terrible way to end things.

That guy just most likely killed him, he was already dying from the lung infection he got in Cappadocia, he probably just injected him with something when he grabbed his hand.

Poison doesn't work exponentially faster if you're already sick...

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Poison doesn't work exponentially faster if you're already sick...I never said that, all I said is that if he was poisoned and if he's already sick, well it's not going to help.

Azurefeatherfly
09-27-2013, 04:48 AM
We have been over this countless times already, death by heart attack. Done.

That young man was merely a reflection of Ezio's young, brash, and impulsive teenage years.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 04:49 AM
I never said that, all I said is that if he was poisoned and if he's already sick, well it's not going to help.

No, it's not going to help, but he dies like literally ten seconds after he touches him, lol.

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think there is a "true" way in which he died at all. The ending of that shortfilm leaves a lot open for speculation and I have a feeling that was the intention; to have the true means of Ezio's death remain a mystery to this day.

Legionario-Cero
09-27-2013, 01:16 PM

That young man was merely a reflection of Ezio's young, brash, and impulsive teenage years.

That is wrong^, solely because that person had a templar symbol on his forearm, so he couldn't be a reflection of Ezio's young teenage years.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 01:27 PM

That young man was merely a reflection of Ezio's young, brash, and impulsive teenage years.Gabe Graziani confirmed that to be the case when asked, he then said that what he said was wrong so it's not that.

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 01:40 PM
It was a Templar that assassinated him. The cross was identified long ago. Fast-acting poison is a weapon commonly used in AC. This man does not symbolize a young Ezio or a "respectful Templar"; this guy was a disrespectful smart-***, Ezio never was.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Its a shame we will never truely know the answer. I think Darby or someone once said they weren't ever gonna tell us cause it would ruin the mystery.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
It was a Templar that assassinated him. The cross was identified long ago. Fast-acting poison is a weapon commonly used in AC. This man does not symbolize a young Ezio or a "respectful Templar"; this guy was a disrespectful smart-***, Ezio never was.

Lol, yes he was. Ezio acted EXACTLY like that guy in the opening act of AC2.

Anyway, I'll say again; he was dying throughout the entire film, and then finally died in the end. Period. Watch the film again, and the scene leading up to his death. He's sitting on the bench writhing in pain and clutching his chest before the dude even touched him. It was a heart attack.

misterB2001
09-27-2013, 08:16 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111219161132/assassinscreed/images/thumb/f/f3/Templar_Embers.png/640px-Templar_Embers.png

.... seems like a templar to me.

go and watch Embers.

That screen shot has been tampered with, there is no Templar cross.

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 08:20 PM

I agree to this headcanon. Seemed natural death to me.

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Its a shame we will never truely know the answer. I think Darby or someone once said they weren't ever gonna tell us cause it would ruin the mystery.

Right? That's what I said. Except nobody's listening. :p

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Darby should just tell us if there is actually a reason that he has written down. Else; what was the point in coming up with it.

I kind of think even he doesn't know - he just wanted to craft something that would instigate speculation.

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol, yes he was. Ezio acted EXACTLY like that guy in the opening act of AC2.

Anyway, I'll say again; he was dying throughout the entire film, and then finally died in the end. Period. Watch the film again, and the scene leading up to his death. He's sitting on the bench writhing in pain and clutching his chest before the dude even touched him. It was a heart attack.
Ezio was disrespectful to his elders? Ezio spoke about women as if they were food? Ezio was always extremely polite and gentlemanly. Ezio liked to flirt a lot, but he always seemed to fall for the girls he "got" with. This man called him an old goat, and implied he was going to die soon. Ezio was rowdy and fought with boys his age, but always behaved himself in front of a "superior". This man is nothing like a younger Ezio.

go and watch Embers.

That screen shot has been tampered with, there is no Templar cross.
I'm sorry, but you are just wrong. Here's a screenshot I took. I adjusted the contrast so it stands out better.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/cross_zps88c3abe7.png (http://s208.photobucket.com/user/justinbatista12/media/cross_zps88c3abe7.png.html)

misterB2001
09-27-2013, 09:46 PM
i clearly need my eyes testing then ;)

SixKeys
09-27-2013, 10:09 PM

^ This. I can't believe people are still debating this. The Templar cross, touching Ezio's hand so obviously, the evil look on his face, Ezio's shocked face when he realized he'd been poisoned. It's just convenient that Ezio was already suffering from heart problems, that way his family assumed it was a natural death.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Just watched Embers on youtube. There is NO templar cross. It is photoshopped.

Edit; Apparently after more research its only viewable in one or two frames. I certainly couldnt see it.

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Just watched Embers on youtube. There is NO templar cross. It is photoshopped.

Edit; Apparently after more research its only viewable in one or two frames. I certainly couldnt see it.
Not sure if trolling, but...

http://youtu.be/V6sM8MlyaMY

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Not sure if trolling, but...

http://youtu.be/V6sM8MlyaMY

You made a video for me <3.

If you read my edit, I did see it, but only briefly. I think its cause my laptop screen was tilted too much.

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 10:31 PM
You made a video for me <3.

If you read my edit, I did see it, but only briefly. I think its cause my laptop screen was tilted too much.
Glad you've finally seen the light. =P

SixKeys
09-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Also note that for some reason the guy only has one vambrace, on the arm with which he grabs Ezio. Why would you wear only one vambrace if not to hide a weapon? Plus the large scar on his face seems like an obvious mark of someone who at the very least gets into scuffles a lot.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Also note that for some reason the guy only has one vambrace, on the arm with which he grabs Ezio. Why would you wear only one vambrace if not to hide a weapon? Plus the large scar on his face seems like an obvious mark of someone who at the very least gets into scuffles a lot.

Well I just watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25aZrjtYls

Which I think might be true. You definitely here a popping sound, and Ezio does move his hand up to that region

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 02:18 AM
ezio's death at the templars hands even when he eluded and destroyed them for so long proves that in the end

THE GOOD GUYS ALWAYS WIN

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Well that video is almost certainly correct. That's a shame, they should of had him die gracefully - still though, he'd done all he could at that point, even let out one last charming smile right before the end.

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 02:33 AM
ezio should've died from a massive overarousal

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 02:36 AM
ezio should've died from a massive overarousal

It would only be fitting.

Assassin_M
09-28-2013, 02:37 AM
AC fans: "d`awwwww nope...nope...this certainly means something" *referring to something completely small and irrelevant* "this means something big..d'awwwww yep...yep...Ezio was killed...hear that blade sound in a scene in a market that has hundreds of other sound effects?? we'll just completely ignore that Ezio was sick during the WHOLE duration of the film and that Ezio KNEW his time was coming...writing a letter, pondering to his wife....but we'll ignore that, because THAT insignificant blade sound that may NOT even be a blade sound MUST mean something"

Ubisoft: "Ezio died naturally"

AC fans: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you suck Ubisoft Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

First the whole drawing thing in AC I
AC fans: "these must be referring to next AC settings in Egypt, China, Japan eeeeeeee"

Ubisoft: "No"

AC fans: "Waaaaaaaaa you suck Ubisoft"

then ACB's 16 speech
AC fans: "Desmond has a son YESSS we knew it all along..this is a very important piece of story information that was relegated to side mision status, but we'll still think it's the grandaddy of the whole plot"

Ubisoft:"16 was mad and is seeing alternate timelines"

AC fans: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa you suck ubisoft"

am i the only one seeing a pattern here??

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 02:43 AM
EVERYTHINGS A CONSPIRACY, M

darim killed altair - he was a closeted Templar who was sick of not being asked and being unable to tell so he transferred some iocane power to his father when they said goodbye

lee killed haytham - he knew that Haytham's real heart lay with Ziio and Connor, so if he couldn't have Haytham no one could so he ran away knowing that Haytham would fight to the death to protect him.

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 02:53 AM
AC fans: "d`awwwww nope...nope...this certainly means something" *referring to something completely small and irrelevant* "this means something big..d'awwwww yep...yep...Ezio was killed...hear that blade sound in a scene in a market that has hundreds of other sound effects?? we'll just completely ignore that Ezio was sick during the WHOLE duration of the film and that Ezio KNEW his time was coming...writing a letter, pondering to his wife....but we'll ignore that, because THAT insignificant blade sound that may NOT even be a blade sound MUST mean something"

AC fans: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you suck Ubisoft Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

AC fans: "these must be referring to next AC settings in Egypt, China, Japan eeeeeeee"

then ACB's 16 speech
AC fans: "Desmond has a son YESSS we knew it all along..this is a very important piece of story information that was relegated to side mision status, but we'll still think it's the grandaddy of the whole plot"

am i the only one seeing a pattern here??

When did people talking about Embers say Ubisoft sucks? And Ubisoft later retracted the whole "he died naturally" statement.

tracieisz
09-28-2013, 02:53 AM
it's great! and it's in shonen jump!http://weavlon.dekmtbvw.com/1.jpg
http://weavlon.dekmtbvw.com/2.jpg
http://weavlon.dekmtbvw.com/3.jpg
http://weavlon.dekmtbvw.com/4.jpg
http://weavlon.dekmtbvw.com/5.jpg

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 02:54 AM

then ACB's 16 speech

am i the only one seeing a pattern here??I see it.

Ubisoft sucks.

MrLoiske
09-28-2013, 02:56 AM
anyone read official novel?
Al diavolo! I hate this damn city. I wish I were in Rome! I hear the women there are . . . mmm . . . like ripe Sangiovese on the vine, you know? Not like here. Firenze!” He spat on the ground.
Ezio looked at him. “I don’t think Florence is your problem,” he remarked, pained at what the young man had said.
“I beg your pardon?”
Ezio was about to reply, but the pain seized him again, and he winced, and started to gasp. The young man turned to him. “Steady, old man.”
He grabbed Ezio’s wrist as Ezio caught his breath. Looking down at the hand that held him, Ezio thought the grip was uncommonly strong, and there was something strange, almost familiar, about the man’s expression. But he was probably imagining it all. He shook his head to clear it.
The young man looked at Ezio closely, and smiled. Ezio returned the look.
“Get some rest, eh?” the young man said.
He rose to his feet and walked away. Ezio nodded in belated agreement, watching him go. Then he leaned back, seeking Sofia in the thinning crowd. And saw her at a stall, buying vegetables. And there beside her were Flavia and Marcello, baiting each other, playing together.
He closed his eyes and took some deep breaths. His breathing calmed. The young man was right. He should get some rest . .
——from official novel Revelations by Oliver Bowden

Assassin_M
09-28-2013, 02:57 AM
I see it.

Ubisoft sucks.
Well, there are 2 patterns then..

When did people talking about Embers say Ubisoft sucks? And Ubisoft later retracted the whole "he died naturally" statement.
Oh, i'm not saying that it already happened...I'm saying what WILL happen if Ubi does confirm he dies naturally...I know they retracted the previous statement of the man being an insignificant nobody, not that he died naturally

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 03:00 AM
how is ubisoft pronounced? You-bee-soft.

What is the first sound? You! What is you? Is it not you, for it is you that are reading this text right now?

And who runs Ubisoft? Yves Gillettemutt.

You are Yves and as Yves are you so that makes you as you as Yves as you

Assassin_M
09-28-2013, 03:02 AM

What is the first sound? You! What is you? Is it not you, for it is you that are reading this text right now?

You are Yves and as Yves are you so that makes you as you as Yves as you
Revelaaaaatiooonnnnnnnnnn

BATISTABUS
09-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Well that video is almost certainly correct. That's a shame, they should of had him die gracefully - still though, he'd done all he could at that point, even let out one last charming smile right before the end.
I'd say he died gracefully. He died with his family in his favorite place.

They never said this.

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 03:13 AM

You are Yves and as Yves are you so that makes you as you as Yves as youhttp://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/9/12/1347465574181/Yves-Guillemot-009.jpg

Assassin_M
09-28-2013, 03:14 AM
They never said this.

Oh, i'm not saying that it already happened...I'm saying what WILL happen if Ubi does confirm he dies naturally...I know they retracted the previous statement of the man being an insignificant nobody, not that he died naturally
I still love you, man :p

Perk89
09-28-2013, 05:06 AM
That is wrong^, solely because that person had a templar symbol on his forearm, so he couldn't be a reflection of Ezio's young teenage years.

Lol you so arrogantly state "this is wrong" in spite of the fact that the poster you were responding to was referencing people who had given that explanation who were much closer to the story than any of us.

Anybody who thinks Ubi would kill off Ezio by having him killed by some pathetic means that pisses all over his honor is completely and utterly ******ed. He wasn't assassinated by a Templar.

BATISTABUS
09-28-2013, 05:22 AM
I still love you, man :p
I submit, good sir.

Hans684
09-28-2013, 09:26 AM

If you have watched the fort demo for ACIVBF you will see that Adewale has a cross and in AC everyone with a cross is a Templar.

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 01:33 PM
If you have watched the fort demo for ACIVBF you will see that Adewale has a cross and in AC everyone with a cross is a Templar.

Not just any cross. The Templar cross has a specific design. Any other type of cross is just a standard Christian symbol.

dxsxhxcx
09-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Lol you so arrogantly state "this is wrong" in spite of the fact that the poster you were responding to was referencing people who had given that explanation who were much closer to the story than any of us.

Anybody who thinks Ubi would kill off Ezio by having him killed by some pathetic means that pisses all over his honor is completely and utterly ******ed. He wasn't assassinated by a Templar.

you talk about arrogance and then say that someone who doesn't agree with your point of view is completely and utterly ******ed, Please,show me where Ubisoft CONFIRMED (in a clear statement that doesn't leave room for interpretation) that Ezio died of natural causes since you look so sure that this happened the way you think it does?

IMO Ezio dying by the hands of the Templars make things way more cooler than the "noble" hero dying in peace at the end, this franchise is known because of the realism with which deals with certain things, (assuming this theory is right) Ezio being killed by the Templars IMO is just another way to reinforce this, it shows that the world isn't a fairytale and that the Assassin vs Templar war isn't something that began and ended with Ezio...

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Come to think of it - do you think Marcelo and Flavia will play any part in the AC universe? I was expecting more of them in Embers but they were awfully quiet.

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 03:40 PM
they'll play as much of a role as the son your son, Japan, and Connor in the future

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 03:44 PM
they'll play as much of a role as the son your son, Japan, and Connor in the futureOoooooooooh

pirate1802
09-28-2013, 03:47 PM
they'll play as much of a role as the son your son, Japan, and Connor in the future

Lolol