KingMram
09-26-2013, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaV0eUcYUOM

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 05:29 PM
YAY! It's narrated by Matt!

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Steve Bonnet looks hilarious lol. He reminds me of West ****ens from RDR.

AnthonyA85
09-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Very nice :)

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qMtYzT8.jpg

roostersrule2
09-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Awesome.

He also reminds me of West ****ens haha, I loved him as much as he annoyed me haha.

Ooh the cube returns.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Awesome.

He also reminds me of West ****ens haha, I loved him as much as he annoyed me haha.

Ooh the cube returns.

But why is there no blood this time? That is the question.

roostersrule2
09-26-2013, 05:49 PM
But why is there no blood this time? That is the question.Vampires took it.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 05:50 PM
This trailer is good.
Really good.

pirate1802
09-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Edward's "uneasy alliance" with the Assassins... interesting.

And epic trailer. My hype level is now rising.

NondairyGold
09-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Maybe it's a different cube?

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's a different cube?

People really thought that there was going to be one cube? If there was only one cube, I'm sure they wouldn't put what seems to be the climax of the story in a trailer. There are definitely a set of those.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 05:55 PM
People really thought that there was going to be one cube? If there was only one cube, I'm sure they wouldn't put what seems to be the climax of the story in a trailer. There are definitely a set of those.

*facepalm*

I never thought there would be one, or more, or two etc. I am just saying, that this cube looks empty.

lothario-da-be
09-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Best AC story trailer so far!

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 05:56 PM
People really thought that there was going to be one cube? If there was only one cube, I'm sure they wouldn't put what seems to be the climax of the story in a trailer.

Well, ACB E3 trailer had direct confrontation with Cesare, which... is pretty much what happened at the end of ACB just in a different location :p But, I suppose, that doesn't really count cause we know it couldn't be any other way.

roostersrule2
09-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Best AC story trailer so far!This is good but Connors story trailer destroys it.

It's a shame Connor's story trailer was better then Connors story.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
This is good but Connors story trailer destroys it.

It's a shame Connor's story trailer was better then Connors story.

Agree on that. You can thank poor mission design, stupid 100% sync constraints and an inconsistent story for that.

We are still getting more things though. We could possibly get a demo on the 30th September, the day after Eurogamer finishes, and we also have that Exclusive Reveal for the Ace of Spades on the 4th October.

I think that Exclusive reveal will be a launch trailer seeing as its entering launch month. Although exclusive reveal for a launch trailer seems kinda cheap.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Btw, I don't think that the cube that the Grandmaster holds is empty. It's hard to see on a still shot, but if you look at it in movement, you can see that there's something light blue inside it.

BATISTABUS
09-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Side characterssssssssssssssssss

I'm very excited. And it looks like there might be an indigenous Assassin.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/indass_zps4d3650bc.png (http://s208.photobucket.com/user/justinbatista12/media/indass_zps4d3650bc.png.html)

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Btw, I don't think that the cube that the Grandmaster holds is empty. It's hard to see on a still shot, but if you look at it in movement, you can see that there's something light blue inside it.

Oh God. If there's actually something inside, I hope it isn't some stupid elemental control plot with each colour being a different element.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Oh God. If there's actually something inside, I hope it isn't some stupid elemental control plot with each colour being a different element.

I doubt really much that there's something elemental-related in the plot, just that there are different things in the cubes.

If it's like different elements/essences, then I think at least it's something like essences of a TWCB being held in cubes. Like, blood, tear, skin, or smth, that's going to be used to figure out how to defeat Juno.

Kaschra
09-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh my ****ing god
This was freaking awesome!
All the characters seem awesome so far, and Matt's voie is ASDFHGJMVCXVXHJHGGJH <3

You know what's weird? Earlier this day I thought "Hm, i wonder when Ubisoft is gonna show us a new trailer", and then I come online and BAM, there it is :D

VictorAviram123
09-26-2013, 06:58 PM
"please do repeat"
I can't stop laughing :D

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 07:00 PM
"please do repeat"

"For ****s sake!"

:D

Moultonborough
09-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Very very cool trailer. I was also wondering when something new would be released and here it is. Hope to see more at some point. *crosses fingers*. :)

pirate1802
09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
This isn't the story trailer right? That's still to come. So we will have atleast one more trailer :D

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 07:03 PM
This isn't the story trailer right? That's still to come. So we will have atleast one more trailer :D

I don't think it's the story one. It's just a character overview. So... story and launch trailer are still to go.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 07:12 PM
" Well dash my buttons. Your life seems a grand one if I may say, so full of adventure- how marvelous. "

I'm going to love that guy :D

Kaschra
09-26-2013, 07:17 PM
"please do repeat"

"For ****s sake!"

:D

I burst out laughing when I watched that part. So awesome xD

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Side characterssssssssssssssssss

I'm very excited. And it looks like there might be an indigenous Assassin.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/indass_zps4d3650bc.png (http://s208.photobucket.com/user/justinbatista12/media/indass_zps4d3650bc.png.html)

I believe this is supposed to be Edward's (Assassin) mentor..

this image was posted in another thread where people were speculating about it...

http://www.progamingshop.sk/images/data/product_gallery/tricko-assassin-s-creed-4-black-tabai-xl-ts201413asc-xl-big-218114.jpg

pirate1802
09-26-2013, 07:39 PM
I love how Edward gets pissed whenever someone touches his hood.

ze_topazio
09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
^ One does not simply touch the hood of an assassin.

LoyalACFan
09-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I wasn't aware that the "F-word" even existed in 1715... It certainly wasn't as prevalent as it is now. Hopefully it isn't overused.

That said, Stede Bonnet reminds me of Paul Revere kinda :p

Wolfmeister1010
09-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Did you notice how there were TWO other assassins? One in the tan and one in white?

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Did you notice how there were TWO other assassins? One in the tan and one in white?

Yes I did. Edward was also owned by the one in tan - he has a lot to learn and it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I wasn't aware that the "F-word" even existed in 1715...

The f-word existed for a pretty long time. Shakespeare, for example, while didn't use it EXPLICITLY, being the cheeky bastard he was alluded to it with words that sound alike.

Jexx21
09-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Puck!

Hans684
09-26-2013, 08:19 PM
I believe this is supposed to be Edward's (Assassin) mentor..

this image was posted in another thread where people were speculating about it...

http://www.progamingshop.sk/images/data/product_gallery/tricko-assassin-s-creed-4-black-tabai-xl-ts201413asc-xl-big-218114.jpg

Not Edward, this guy
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5YQLqkZBmCE/UiCfu8jPExI/AAAAAAAAACM/KwdBrvJrqb0/w631-h345-no/newassassin.png

Anyone remember this old guy. My bett is that he is the Mentor on the Caribbean Assassin Order nd that other guy is just and assassin trainer, master assassin or just an assassin.

pirate1802
09-26-2013, 08:29 PM
That old guy seems to be this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/DVHnxHy.jpg

I too think that he is the actual mentor the other one seems to be a lower level assassin or his designated trainer.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 08:42 PM

I too think that he is the actual mentor the other one seems to be a lower level assassin or his designated trainer.
Whatever happened to "stay your blade away from the innocent"? Hope these assassins aren't too liberal with their killing, especially that Edward is supposed to learn how to control himself from them.

Btw, Mayan assassins means that the Assassins probably aren't as well established as the Masyaf ones. They seem to be existent as an order, but not necessarily pretentious with their existence, probably with a more underground order, sticking to the ancient ways. Could be an interesting contrast to the assassin organisations we have seen before which are usually more adoptive of modern ways.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Whatever happened to "stay your blade away from the innocent"?

Well, that can be applied to like 75% of the guards that are killed by us in games, can't it? At any rate, I'm not sure that that situation is of Edward being innocent kind. I mean, it's Edward.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM

I hope this is a mission. Where Edward has to prove his skills against the Mentors apprentice.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope this is a mission. Where Edward has to prove his skills against the Mentors apprentice.
It probably is like that. They stumble upon Edward was both are looking for that POE treasure and Edward combats the assassins and prove his worth. They train him in the ways of the assassins and give him their tools, in exchange fore helping them assassinate/find the treasure.

However, that scene shows us Edward with his hidden blades on, judging by the vambraces around his arm. Maybe that's after he joins OR he steals that stuff from an assassin he kills, which in turn sparks his interest for joining the assassins.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
However, that scene shows us Edward with his hidden blades on, judging by the vambraces around his arm. Maybe that's after he joins OR he steals that stuff from an assassin he kills, which in turn sparks his interest for joining the assassins.

I wouldn't trust Edward's garment to point out where it's in the story, because Ubisoft has developer tools (and easy way to cheat and just move from one mission/location to another) that can easily change the way the character looks. Ezio was in his noble clothes during his family execution in the trailer, in the game he already has the robes. Connor has the hidden blades when he sees the robe for the first time in the trailer, in the game he doesn't.

EDIT: Also, I think Edward might've given the hidden blade by the Templars, who he might've met earlier than the Assassins. In the beginning of the memory corridor with that Templar guy with fancy hat who we kill on the ship (forgot his name for some reason) the blade was called a gift from him or smth like that.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't trust Edward's garment to point out where it's in the story, because Ubisoft has developer tools (and easy way to cheat and just move from one mission/location to another) that can easily change the way the character looks. Ezio was in his noble clothes during his family execution in the trailer, in the game he already has the robes. Connor has the hidden blades when he sees the robe for the first time in the trailer, in the game he doesn't.

Very true. Also on the box cover both Connors hidden Blades are on top of his clothes, in game one is hidden under.

rob.davies2014
09-26-2013, 09:10 PM
The gun straps look interesting. They seem to hold onto the grip but it doesn't look like there's much leeway there so I don't see how you'd be able to draw the gun at arms length. As I understand it, it was common for pirates to have guns hanging by their side on straps going round their shoulders, maybe that's what they're going for and it's just not finished...
I think I'd rather trailer-style holsters.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 09:16 PM

EDIT: Also, I think Edward might've given the hidden blade by the Templars, who he might've met earlier than the Assassins. In the beginning of the memory corridor with that Templar guy with fancy hat who we kill on the ship (forgot his name for some reason) the blade was called a gift from him or smth like that.

Point taken.

Other than Haytham, I don't think Templars would hold on to assassin tools. It maybe is a bit "offensive" to their organisations of they go low enough to scavenge their dead enemies. Maybe ACB's prowler was an exception, but Templars usually like to create their own contraptions. As you said, it's probably a trophy for killing an assassin, but not something Templars would use.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Point taken.

Other than Haytham, I don't think Templars would hold on to assassin tools. It maybe is a bit "offensive" to their organisations of they go low enough to scavenge their dead enemies. Maybe ACB's prowler was an exception, but Templars usually like to create their own contraptions. As you said, it's probably a trophy for killing an assassin, but not something Templars would use.

You don't have to scavenge enemies to create hidden blades. ACB has at least two Templars with hidden blades: the prowler as you mentioned and smuggler. I think there are more. It's a good tool. If anything, Templars don't shy away from good tools when possible to make them and use them.

Sushiglutton
09-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Spoilers... Spoilers everywhere :eek:. Just checked firts 20 sec or so. Edwards voice is awesome.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Spoilers... Spoilers everywhere :eek:. Just checked firts 20 sec or so. Edwards voice is awesome.

I don't know. Aside from having a bit more glimpses into the characters we already knew that would be there, didn't see anything spoilery (outside of the basic premises which we already knew for like half a year). I sure as hell don't understand anything that's going on still :p

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:29 PM

Ha, what spoilers.

rob.davies2014
Loving the new Assassin looks!

RatonhnhakeFan
Huh, the cubes thing is interesting. Though if it's blood inside like some suggest and they're gonna extract it for DNA (with memories), it's pretty much Jurassic Park rip-off with dinosaur blood trapped inside solid amber xP

Sushiglutton
09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't know. Aside from having a bit more glimpses into the characters we already knew that would be there, didn't see anything spoilery (outside of the basic premises which we already knew for like half a year). I sure as hell don't understand anything that's going on still :p

Well I only watched first 20 sec, but lots of faces new to me anyway. They may have been around for a long time.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 09:32 PM
You don't have to scavenge enemies to create hidden blades. ACB has at least two Templars with hidden blades: the prowler as you mentioned and smuggler. I think there are more. It's a good tool. If anything, Templars don't shy away from good tools when possible to make them and use them.

I would rather not take the multiplayer as an example. They're there for cosmetic reason, to give mp players a protagonist with a hidden blade. None of the big time Templars (haymitch is the exception) used hidden blades. It would just feel like a betrayel to their stance against assassins.

Now hidden batons are where it's at. Look at how Aiden looks with those.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Huh, the cubes thing is interesting. Though if it's blood inside like some suggest and they're gonna extract it for DNA (with memories), it's pretty much Jurassic Park rip-off with dinosaur blood trapped inside solid amber xP

But then you have to think, who or what's blood? And if it is Juno's then why would anyone want to help her go into human form. Remember at the moment shes just "data" I guess.

NondairyGold
09-26-2013, 09:37 PM
DATA was an Android, she's just plain old code :)

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:38 PM
DATA was an Android, she's just plain old code :)

The more I look at your sig the more I think that it's actually pomegranate rather than blood

http://xpchrist.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pomegranate-seed.jpg

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 09:39 PM
But then you have to think, who or what's blood? And if it is Juno's then why would anyone want to help her go into human form. Remember at the moment shes just "data" I guess.
It could be literally anyone's blood, if it's even blood at all. Jurassic Park was just the first thing I thought about when I saw this xP

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:39 PM
I would rather not take the multiplayer as an example. They're there for cosmetic reason, to give mp players a protagonist with a hidden blade. None of the big time Templars (haymitch is the exception) used hidden blades. It would just feel like a betrayel to their stance against assassins.

You just mentioned yourself previously one of the multiplayer Templars :p At any rate, I'm talking about Templars who've got their hidden blade as a default weapon, not as unlockable customization. Besides, all those multiplayer Templar characters are still part of the lore.

And, you know, AC4 seems to be breaking quite a lot of mold, so maybe we'll see more Templars with hidden blades :p That 'betrayal' thing is something I could possibly see the Third Crusade templars thinking, but not the more modern ones (Haytham, once again, being a good example).

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:42 PM
It could be literally anyone's blood, if it's even blood at all. Jurassic Park was just the first thing I thought about when I saw this xP

Pomegranate!!!

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM

It's canon though. The multiplayer characters are all based on real* ancestors (apart from the ones that are made up by Abstergo Entertainment) and they tend to have background stories explaining where and how they got their weapon of choice. It's not just cosmetic in that sense. I don't see it as going against the Templar code anyway, Templars are resourceful and will use any means necessary to win the day, even if it means plagiarizing weapon designs from their enemies.

* Real in the AC universe, obviously.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
im so excited!!

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 09:44 PM
You just mentioned yourself previously one of the multiplayer Templars :p At any rate, I'm talking about Templars who've got their hidden blade as a default weapon, not as unlockable customization. Besides, all those multiplayer Templar characters are still part of the lore.

And, you know, AC4 seems to be breaking quite a lot of mold, so maybe we'll see more Templars with hidden blades :p That 'betrayal' thing is something I could possibly see the Third Crusade templars thinking, but not the more modern ones (Haytham, once again, being a good example).

Definitely. It's the first time I see Templars kissing up to a petty pirate to do their work. It'd be really interesting to say why they fiddle around with Edward and why the assassins are doing the same. Special bloodline aside, why Edward and not Blackbeard?

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Special bloodline aside, why Edward and not Blackbeard?

1715, I think Blackbeard doesn't even have his own ship then?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Pomegranate!!!
Or a rabbit's poo :nonchalance:

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 09:48 PM

If you look at Blackbeards life history you will know why it's about Edward

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 09:49 PM

"He was really ****ing terrifying"?

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:49 PM

The question that Frost posed is not related to that, but to why the Templars in-universe have approached Edward (they don't have the knowledge of what's going to happen with Blackbeard in the future), and I posted a possible reason.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Which trailer is the pic with Edward holding cube from?

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 09:52 PM

Wait. Blackbeard is Edward's supposed "mentor". How is it that Edward got a ship before his mentor(blackbeard)?

Even if, Blackbeard was the original famous pirate before Edward. You'd think the Templars would go for the bigger pirate which is Blackbeard.

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Does anyone else feels like the character animation/graphics are a downgrade from AC3's? AC3 had such realistic facial expressions and skin textures. Here the characters look more simplified somehow.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Wait. Blackbeard is Edward's supposed "mentor". How is it that Edward got a ship before his mentor(blackbeard)?

And the problem is? They were both sailors, but Blackbeard's older and more experienced. In life, too. That's what makes one a mentor, not a current ownership of a ship.

Even if, Blackbeard was the original famous pirate before Edward. You'd think the Templars would go for the bigger pirate which is Blackbeard.

Only Blackbeard didn't get famous until like 1717 I think.

pacmanate
Does anyone else feels like the character animation/graphics are a downgrade from AC3's? AC3 had such realistic facial expressions and skin textures. Here the characters look more simplified somehow.

What do you mean? I thought the close up of Blackbeard with the spit coming out of his mouth was great.

ArabianFrost

I think so. And to think Next-gen would make a difference. That Adèwale cutting sugar cane scene looked horrible.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Watched the scene with Edward holding the cube in HD, yeah, looked like blood inside. Or wine :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I think they're using the same models that are used in-game in the cutscenes as well, while AC3 used different more high-poly models, which lead to much more detailed characters and facial animations, but also to stuff that everyone complained about like not being able to see different outfits in cutscenes.

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
What do you mean? I thought the close up of Blackbeard with the spit coming out of his mouth was great.

All I could focus on was how bad his beard looked in every scene. It looks glued on. Same with Edward's hair, which looks flat and plastic.

Whenever I think of the best character scenes from AC3, I think of the scenes in the London theater and Connor at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The facial animation really shone in those scenes IMO. Here, it's....eh.

ArabianFrost
09-26-2013, 10:06 PM
And the problem is? They were both sailors, but Blackbeard's older and more experienced. In life, too. That's what makes one a mentor, not a current ownership of a ship.

Only Blackbeard didn't get famous until like 1717 I think.

Well, someone had to captain the Queen Anne's revenge.

Otherwise, you're probably right. He probably was still infamous amongst the pirate scene, but maybe he didn't tread into assassin/templar territory like Edward.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Hmmm so there's a high chance a POE plot device that preserves blood = DNA = memories will already be introduced in AC4.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zzjgc6.jpg

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 10:08 PM
I think they're using the same models that are used in-game in the cutscenes as well, while AC3 used different more high-poly models, which lead to much more detailed characters and facial animations, but also to stuff that everyone complained about like not being able to see different outfits in cutscenes.

I hope you're right. If that's the reason, I don't mind since I really want our outfits to change in cut scenes.

Farlander1991
Well, someone had to captain the Queen Anne's revenge.

Queen Anne's Revenge was a ship that Blackbeard captured in 1717. Before that, he and Hornigold were buddies sailing on two different ships doing stuff. And even before that, Blackbeard was in Hornigold's crew directly.

pacmanate
All I could focus on was how bad his beard looked in every scene. It looks glued on. Same with Edward's hair, which looks flat and plastic.

Whenever I think of the best character scenes from AC3, I think of the scenes in the London theater and Connor at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The facial animation really shone in those scenes IMO. Here, it's....eh.

Ah, yeah I hate the hair too, it looks out of place.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Blackbeard died in 1718 so 3 years after Edward joins the order

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Pacmanate, that's not relevant to the discussion me and Frost are having :p

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Pacmanate, that's not relevant to the discussion me and Frost are having :p

Someone asked why aren't we playing as Blackbeard or something, thats why I posted it.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Someone asked why aren't we playing as Blackbeard or something, thats why I posted it.

Oh? Didn't notice that question.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I wonder how many cubes with blood are there hmmm. Probably a lot hehehehe.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 10:15 PM
I wonder how many cubes with blood are there hmmm. Probably a lot hehehehe.

.... wtf

Jexx21
09-26-2013, 10:48 PM
the scene with the assassins and edward was showing one of the assassins stopping from Edward killing a random guy

Legendz54
09-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Nice trailer.. Heaps interested about that mayan mentor.

LieutenantRex
09-27-2013, 01:18 AM
That soldier had balls to say,
''Please do repeat?"

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 01:18 AM
That soldier had balls to say,
''Please do repeat?"

He was Spanish, he didn't understand a word of what he was saying :p

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2013, 01:58 AM
I bet Edward's a PC gamer

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 03:09 AM
I bet Edward's a PC gamerHehe I see what you did there.

I'm now thinking that this AC game will be the least like an AC game but the best AC game, maybe without AC2's feels though.

Megas_Doux
09-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Very good!!!!!!

By the way, I hope that someone takes the time to explain Edward about his gifts, aka Eagle vision. It may not a big deal, but I think it would explain why such a loose cannon gets accepted in the brotherhood.

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 05:37 AM
Meh, the facial animations and hair do look bad, but I'd take these over non-showing player customizations.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Meh, the facial animations and hair do look bad, but I'd take these over non-showing player customizations.

It could be down to compression as well though. I wouldn't judge it too harshly. I still have hope that it looks better than it does (Minus the hair, that will always look crap)

JarekKorczynski
09-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Is anyone here familiar enough with the Mayan culture to dare an analysis of the stone wall / door we got a glimpse of? Some hidden clues in there maybe, or just random stuff?

http://i.imgur.com/OBxBeIO.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/OBxBeIO)

Crouching.Tiger
09-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Is anyone here familiar enough with the Mayan culture to dare an analysis of the stone wall / door we got a glimpse of? Some hidden clues in there maybe, or just random stuff?

http://i.imgur.com/OBxBeIO.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/OBxBeIO)

Knowing UbiSoft, it's not just random stuff.
I think it's rather similar to the sarcophagus lid of Pacal the Great (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacal_the_Great), an ancient Mayan ruler. The image is often used by "ancient astronauts" theorists as "evidence" of ancient spacecrafts.

http://genealogyreligion.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/palenque.jpg

JarekKorczynski
09-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Well, can't say I did not hear Giorgio A. Tsoukalos saying "it was aliens" in the back of my head when I first saw it ;)
But seriously, my first thoughts were circling around an ancient Animus or a similar device or a ritual involving hallucinogenic substances. The figure there has his/hers eye closed, seems to face a spike-like thing pointed at his/hers forehead and some skull-demon is seemingly biting his/hers right hand, while in the other some valuable offerings are held. All in all, if not an Animus, it looks like an ancient vending machine of sorts ;)

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Well, can't say I did not hear Giorgio A. Tsoukalos saying "it was aliens" in the back of my head when I first saw it ;)
But seriously, my first thoughts were circling around an ancient Animus or a similar device or a ritual involving hallucinogenic substances. The figure there has his/hers eye closed, seems to face a spike-like thing pointed at his/hers forehead and some skull-demon is seemingly biting his/hers right hand, while in the other some valuable offerings are held. All in all, if not an Animus, it looks like an ancient vending machine of sorts ;)

Whatever you are smoking, give it to me.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Whatever you are smoking, give it to me.Junkie.

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 02:04 PM
AC definitely plays with the ancient astronauts hypothesis. This is no secret...even if you deny that Those Who Came Before are aliens, they still fill the same role.

Either way, I doubt we'll be seeing that slate for any period of time. Chances are, it just opens like in the video.

Legendz54
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
What the **** am I reading?

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 02:06 PM
junkie.

#yoloswag

MrLoiske
09-27-2013, 02:57 PM
en,pretty good

Cornik22
09-27-2013, 04:29 PM
The original cube clearly has a drop of blood inside, as you can see in the E3 trailer

http://i40.tinypic.com/29e0jh1.jpg

and the in-game model

http://i39.tinypic.com/359lk03.jpg

Ayala's cube seems to be empty, or maybe it's a different cube as some said.

http://i43.tinypic.com/rbgy39.jpg

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 04:34 PM
It looks like Cheif's helmet.

Cornik22
09-27-2013, 04:43 PM
BTW, did you guys noticed Mary Read appearing several times in the trailer? I was sure she had to be in the game! :cool:

http://i44.tinypic.com/14kz1uv.jpg

Bastiaen
09-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I wasn't aware that the "F-word" even existed in 1715... It certainly wasn't as prevalent as it is now. Hopefully it isn't overused.

That said, Stede Bonnet reminds me of Paul Revere kinda :p

It did exist then, but it wasn't used in today's context, nor was it considered to be vulgar until the early 19th century. It meant simply, to breed and was used mostly by ranchers. Applying it to humans is what made it vulgar, not just because of the sexuality, but also because it equated humans to animals, think what you will about that.

I agree that I hope that the word isn't common in the game. It's one word that I find terribly offensive, because I feel that it is a way of expressing sexual violence and aggression. I'm loving GTA V right now, but I'm taking a break, because I just can't stand the language. For example, when someone is angry and say "**** this" that literally means "I'm frustrated by this thing, so I'm going to aggressively and forcefully rape it." I can't stand that. I feel like the growing prevalence of that word has contributed to a casual and dismissive attitude towards rape, women and sex in general.
What a world.

Still, the game looks amazing.

Bastiaen
09-27-2013, 05:00 PM

I agree with your reasoning, but Connor did in fact have his hidden blades before he got his robes.

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 05:05 PM
So Edward who in the initial trailers was clean-shaved and sported a light mustache, now has a beard. Does that mean his character model has changed or will we see him in different looks at different parts of the game?

Farlander1991
09-27-2013, 05:42 PM
I agree with your reasoning, but Connor did in fact have his hidden blades before he got his robes.

Well, generally speaking yeah, but not at the moment that was shown in the trailer, that was the first venture to the basement, before they went to Boston.

ze_topazio
09-27-2013, 05:58 PM
I agree that I hope that the word isn't common in the game. It's one word that I find terribly offensive, because I feel that it is a way of expressing sexual violence and aggression. I'm loving GTA V right now, but I'm taking a break, because I just can't stand the language. For example, when someone is angry and say "**** this" that literally means "I'm frustrated by this thing, so I'm going to aggressively and forcefully rape it." I can't stand that. I feel like the growing prevalence of that word has contributed to a casual and dismissive attitude towards rape, women and sex in general.
What a world.

That's a rather curious interpretation..., i wonder what you think of the the word s*hit and how common it has become, do you think it has contributed to the rise of dog poop on the streets?

:rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 08:12 PM
It did exist then, but it wasn't used in today's context, nor was it considered to be vulgar until the early 19th century. It meant simply, to breed and was used mostly by ranchers. Applying it to humans is what made it vulgar, not just because of the sexuality, but also because it equated humans to animals, think what you will about that.

What a world.

I hear it used more frequently with the connotation of consensual sex... by both men and women. Maybe I hang out in sleazier circles than you :p

It does get annoying when it's used too much, but in the context of GTA V, which is social satire, it works IMO. The characters are basically caricatures of American criminal archetypes, and you can't really expect a criminal psychopath to go around saying "Aw, shucky-darn it." ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Ayala's cube seems to be empty, or maybe it's a different cube as some said.

http://i43.tinypic.com/rbgy39.jpgIndeed. It looks like it's ready to be filled with someone's blood, for future memory exploration. Hehehehehe.

Muehehehehehehehehehe.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2zzjgc6.jpg

LieutenantRex
09-27-2013, 11:20 PM

What a world.

I really hope you don't unnecessarily over analyze everything in the world like you did with the word f*ck.

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Indeed. It looks like it's ready to be filled with someone's blood, for future memory exploration. Hehehehehe.

Muehehehehehehehehehe.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2zzjgc6.jpg

Is that frog named Montgomery?

Crouching.Tiger
09-28-2013, 12:45 PM

What a world.

Oh yes, it has been considered vulgar for a long time. It's earliest known usage in English, in the form "fvccant", is from 1475, in a poem that was censored because of the obscenity.
Dictionaries from before the 19th century seldom mention the word, but if they do, they mark it as inappropiate. "I don't give a ****" is documented as early as 1790, but I haven't found any history of its use as an interjection.
Nonetheless, I think that it's an interesting and highly expressive word with many possible uses and meanings, and I do not think that it, at its own, can be blamed for any instance of sexism, violence or sexual assault.
I'm pretty sure it won't be as prevalent as in GTA V, though, so you shouldn't worry ;)

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
I think it was Deadwood where the writers once said that they decided to use more modern insults in the show, because if they had gone with more period-appropriate cursing, it would have come off sounding like a kids' show. Even words like "darn it" or "blast it" used to be considered vulgar at one point, so modern audiences wouldn't understand how crude the character would have come off to contemporaries.