PDA

View Full Version : Just bought AC3 on PC/STEAM. A few observations so far. Up to Seq3

JediS4m
09-25-2013, 03:41 PM
QTE sucks. The time between the first and second cue is so short I cannot hit the keys on time. Bad idea.
Seeing that 20 years or so passes between Haytham and Connor, it makes no sense that the almanac pages are floating around Boston for both of them. Besides, can only find two almanac pages as Haytham. The rest aren't spawning. Got maps from IGN, used Eagle Vision and everything. No pages.

While trying not to give away a spoiler here I think the writers and developers really messed up with the Haytham/Connor crossover. The game implies that Connor is conceived when Haytham sleeps with Zio in the Precursor Cave. If this is so, it is impossible for Desmond to relive any of Haytham's memories after that point. The genetic memory passes to Connor in the womb, as we saw with Altair in AC2. Desmond was stuck in Maria's womb as Sef or Darim, which was why he could no longer follow Altair. Take a flight data recorder from one plane and put into another plane. It no longer records the information from the first plane. The sperm that created Connor carried Haytham's memories only up until the point he impregnated Zio. No longer. Desmond should not have been able to see Haytham's revelation five days after impregnating Zio with Connor.

Perhaps Haytham continued having relations with Zio and impregnated her after this date. Perhaps Juno is messing with Desmond and the others just for kicks. More likely, the developers and writers messed up and went against the game's foundation logic. Desmond CANNOT experience Haytham's memories after Connor is conceived.

Fix this Ubisoft, or give a really credible explanation for Sequence 3, Five Days Later.

Other than that, not bad. Excellent graphics. PCWin 7 64 bit, GTX650ti Directx11. The horses are rubbish though.
Remapped the "E" key to "LSHIFT" like in AC:B and AC:R. More comfortable with that. Q does NOT bring up the tools page. R brings up the tools page. Q only uses the selected tool. The online manual is wrong. Takes a while to get used to fighting in "low profile." Execution streaks not easy at all. And again, QTE sucks. I hate it. Resident Evil has friendlier timing.

AherasSTRG
09-25-2013, 04:16 PM
While trying not to give away a spoiler here I think the writers and developers really messed up with the Haytham/Connor crossover. The game implies that Connor is conceived when Haytham sleeps with Zio in the Precursor Cave. If this is so, it is impossible for Desmond to relive any of Haytham's memories after that point. The genetic memory passes to Connor in the womb, as we saw with Altair in AC2. Desmond was stuck in Maria's womb as Sef or Darim, which was why he could no longer follow Altair. Take a flight data recorder from one plane and put into another plane. It no longer records the information from the first plane. The sperm that created Connor carried Haytham's memories only up until the point he impregnated Zio. No longer. Desmond should not have been able to see Haytham's revelation five days after impregnating Zio with Connor.

Perhaps Haytham continued having relations with Zio and impregnated her after this date. Perhaps Juno is messing with Desmond and the others just for kicks. More likely, the developers and writers messed up and went against the game's foundation logic. Desmond CANNOT experience Haytham's memories after Connor is conceived.

Fix this Ubisoft, or give a really credible explanation for Sequence 3, Five Days Later..
Haytham continued visiting Ziio for some time after his failed attempt to access the Temple. Connor was conceived during one of the later meetings. The whole story is presented in the book "Forsaken" written by Oliver Bowden.

JediS4m
09-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Haytham continued visiting Ziio for some time after his failed attempt to access the Temple. Connor was conceived during one of the later meetings. The whole story is presented in the book "Forsaken" written by Oliver Bowden.

Glad that's cleared up. it was bugging me. I'm used to Ubisoft being more accurate and consistent in its story telling, and this point needed to be clarified in the game. Perhaps they realized this mistake and then commissioned the book to correct it?

Anyway, thanks for replying.

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Glad that's cleared up. it was bugging me. I'm used to Ubisoft being more accurate and consistent in its story telling, and this point needed to be clarified in the game. Perhaps they realized this mistake and then commissioned the book to correct it?

Anyway, thanks for replying.

The book was released before the game, I think.