PDA

View Full Version : How many hours of game play is is Black Flag?

kitkatgammer
09-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Hello everyone! So I want to get a good sandbox game for the 360 so I have something to do when I am letting my computer rest. I think I am going to get Black Flag. But I was wondering how many hours of game lay it is? And can you have fun on it with out doing quest? Like can you just go out and plunder and what not? I like to qust as much as the next girl. But I also like to take brakes from quest as well and just roam around. Thank you all for your time!

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 01:59 AM
The story is around 20 hours and everything together is around 80 hours.

That's what Ubi said.

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 02:13 AM
is is black flag

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 02:17 AM
Blackflag is is 100 hours of naval and one five minute assassination.

Seriously though, campaign is about 20 hours - you will be kept VERY busy though with the side activities.

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 02:24 AM
In which Adewale kills the Templar salmon for you.
and you don't watch that cutscene

adventurewomen
09-25-2013, 03:21 AM
The way I see it, the hours depend on the amount of time you take so don't follow an "official" guideline just play however long you want and enjoy that timescale. Don't be in a rush to finish the game just enjoy every single moment of it!

blacklimoband
09-25-2013, 04:01 AM
The way I see it, the hours depend on the amount of time you take so don't follow an "official" guideline just play however long you want and enjoy that timescale. Don't be in a rush to finish the game just enjoy every single moment of it!

Pretty much this. that's the beauty of sandbox! Just watch out for the cat sh**

STDlyMcStudpants
09-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Casual Gamer - Beat the story + a few games of MP - 35 hours
Story Obsessed - Story + side missions + easter eggs + a few games of mp - 45 hours
Trophy W****s - Story + Side missions + easter eggs + get to level 55 in MP - 80 hours
Assassin's Creed Obsessed - (Story + side missions) x 2 + easter eggs + get to level 55 mp - 110+ hours
lol
I'll get 80 or more out of it...
I imagine 10 more hours than AC3 due to it's size + Addictivness of ACB multiplayer (better be at least if youre asking 55 levels out of me lol)

pirate1802
09-25-2013, 04:58 AM
hahaha the replies on this thread xD

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Story Obsessed - Story + side missions + easter eggs + a few games of mp - 45 hours
Trophy W****s - Story + Side missions + easter eggs + get to level 55 in MP - 80 hours
Assassin's Creed Obsessed - (Story + side missions) x 2 + easter eggs + get to level 55 mp - 110+ hours
lol
I imagine 10 more hours than AC3 due to it's size + Addictivness of ACB multiplayer (better be at least if youre asking 55 levels out of me lol)

Uhm, I'm betting that story obsessed would be more like 50-70 hours.

And I'm thinking that they actually removed the level limit in MP and that Level 55 is like the new Level 30

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 06:08 AM
lol
I imagine 10 more hours than AC3 due to it's size + Addictivness of ACB multiplayer (better be at least if youre asking 55 levels out of me lol)A casual gamer wont go close to 35 hours, the story is probably only 15 hours. They said AC3's was 20% longer then AC2's and I finished AC3 in 16 hours and AC2 in 20 and I rushed through both, I prefer doing that as I don't restrict myself from the story and it helps with the pacing of the story.

I got 60 out of AC3, with only 1 MP game but I just can't find myself going back, so I should easily get 100+ out of this. I'm thinking of replaying all the AC's again hopefully I can get that magic that AC once had back.

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 06:16 AM
When you replay the AC's, I suggest playing AC4 first and then starting over. (and ending with a replay of AC4 of course)

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 06:20 AM
When you replay the AC's, I suggest playing AC4 first and then starting over. (and ending with a replay of AC4 of course)I meant before AC4 comes out and just rush through them, then again there's only a month until it comes out so it'd be hard. In saying that though I think I have a couple AC saves I haven't finished yet so I could just finish them.

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 06:21 AM
It's just that with both ACR and AC3, I tried attempting to play all of the AC's before I played the new release, but I with ACR I made it halfway through AC2 and with AC3 I made it half-way through AC1.

I just finished them both at the beginning of this summer.

pacmanate
09-25-2013, 09:28 AM
You broke the combo. My heart, it lies shattered - swept away by the broom of hoplessness.

I just went through 3 pages to continue this work of art :(

pacmanate
09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
dai gon den ruin de fing

I noe i so m@d

Mr_Shade
09-25-2013, 12:33 PM
And back on topic.

Spam has been removed - I suggest those with warnings heed them - since they are your last.

EllJim
09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
all I know is I am going to spend hours listening to shanties as I sail the sea's my favorite part of history is the age of sail so am stoked!

STDlyMcStudpants
09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Uhm, I'm betting that story obsessed would be more like 50-70 hours.

And I'm thinking that they actually removed the level limit in MP and that Level 55 is like the new Level 30
I was a stroy obsessed guy at first and maxed out at 32 hours with AC 3 - the game that took me the longest
You can really see everything in a short amount of time.

A casual gamer wont go close to 35 hours, the story is probably only 15 hours. They said AC3's was 20% longer then AC2's and I finished AC3 in 16 hours and AC2 in 20 and I rushed through both, I prefer doing that as I don't restrict myself from the story and it helps with the pacing of the story.

I got 60 out of AC3, with only 1 MP game but I just can't find myself going back, so I should easily get 100+ out of this. I'm thinking of replaying all the AC's again hopefully I can get that magic that AC once had back.
The story is probably 15 hours worth of game play assuming you go on a perfect run and dont have to repeat any mission..but you still have to get there and earn money in between for better weapons and upgrades amd find viewpoints...I think 35 will be pretty close lol

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Yea but with AC3 they didn't say that the game would take 60-80 hours with all of the side content.

And AC3 still took me 40 hours to get mostly everything done and I still have some civilian missions and club challenges left.

blacklimoband
09-26-2013, 02:31 AM
I was a stroy obsessed guy at first and maxed out at 32 hours with AC 3 - the game that took me the longest
You can really see everything in a short amount of time.

The story is probably 15 hours worth of game play assuming you go on a perfect run and dont have to repeat any mission..but you still have to get there and earn money in between for better weapons and upgrades amd find viewpoints...I think 35 will be pretty close lol

If the combat is anything like AC3 you can probably just blow through the story without buying any upgrades at all (except if it's tutorial mission stuff). I found it quite funny that the signature weapon of AC3 (Assassin Tomahawk) could be replaced with a "better" weapon by about seq 9 from memory... I never did though, I like the look of the assassin one better.

LieutenantRex
09-26-2013, 02:39 AM
If the combat is anything like AC3 you can probably just blow through the story without buying any upgrades at all (except if it's tutorial mission stuff). I found it quite funny that the signature weapon of AC3 (Assassin Tomahawk) could be replaced with a "better" weapon by about seq 9 from memory... I never did though, I like the look of the assassin one better.

There was really no need for buying new melee weapons in AC3, save animations, which got old pretty quickly. All weapons did most of the same damage, and if not, it'd just end up with the same result: enemy death. Heavier weapons were slower, I suppose, and I believe they killed in 3-4 hits, so... I actually don't mind it, since in reality, any weapon is a deadly weapon. Upgrading firearms seems pointless though.

blacklimoband
09-26-2013, 03:22 AM
There was really no need for buying new melee weapons in AC3, save animations, which got old pretty quickly. All weapons did most of the same damage, and if not, it'd just end up with the same result: enemy death. Heavier weapons were slower, I suppose, and I believe they killed in 3-4 hits, so... I actually don't mind it, since in reality, any weapon is a deadly weapon. Upgrading firearms seems pointless though.

Exactly. I must admit though, twin holsters and French Coat Pistol was a nice thing to have... 4 shots without reloading :)

poptartz20
09-26-2013, 04:07 AM
It's so funny when people ask questions like this.. Honestly you can't put time on a good game. It really depends on your personal playing style. And if you choose to do just story line or you like to explore and do more and also play Multiplayer! You can't put a time on this! You just have to play and enjoy what you get personally out of the game. Either way you look at it you will at least be getting 20+ hours out of the game!

pirate1802
09-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Its actually 100+ hours of naval gameplay and one 5 minute cutscene assassination which you would have to unlock from the companion app of the GoTY edition releasing early next year to view.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Its actually 100+ hours of naval gameplay and one 5 minute cutscene assassination which you would have to unlock from the companion app of the GoTY edition releasing early next year to view.

Plagiarism! You will probably get an infraction by the way.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-26-2013, 10:07 PM

I would have liked for the tomahawk to be the best, but i got the sawooth sword preorder so no matter what..that was my baby :D and it kicked a**!!!
But it did make me irritated that there was a pile of gold in the tomb i took the sword out of and conors broke *** didnt grab it.
YOU FOOL!!! We make money playing checkers and you dont grab that damn pile of gold next to the sword?! We have a ship that needs upgraded!!!