PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Bad A of Past Gen Round 3 Results!

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Down to the Elite 8! Did your favorite make it through?! :O
Results can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPLOF3iUd8&feature=youtu.be

Thank you again to all participating!
You can vote for round 4 here: http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=0tkoejx4naalyd5208694

ladyleonhart
09-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Our friendly neighbourhood Assassins made it through. :p LOL

Done. :)

superkootje
09-23-2013, 10:35 PM
how could that "last of us" fella be chosen over John MotherF*ing Marston!?

LoyalACFan
09-23-2013, 10:43 PM
how could that "last of us" fella be chosen over John MotherF*ing Marston!?

I was actually surprised at that too, even though I think they're equally badass. I figured Marston would take it though, since he had more potential voters from Xbox while Joel was PS exclusive.

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I was actually surprised at that too, even though I think they're equally badass. I figured Marston would take it though, since he had more potential voters from Xbox while Joel was PS exclusive.

Joel Vs Marston is tough to call.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2013, 11:07 PM

Console forums are surprisingly not being biased. BUT the guys over in the PS forums are all Dbags LOL
I am a PS guy btw..wasnt expecting it hahaha

roostersrule2
09-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Marston lost? Stupid Joel, I r call him Jolene now for that.

At least Dutch is still there, he's one of the most underrated villains in gaming.

Perk89
09-24-2013, 02:18 AM
All 3 main AC protagonists made it to the elite 8. That is awesome. Ubi has gone out of their way to establish these guys as the baddest of the bad and it's paying off. Sweet. Gives me some cred when I brag about them to my bro's as well.

Nervous about this round tough. Facing some popular ad/or trendy characters.

LoyalACFan
09-24-2013, 03:20 AM
All 3 main AC protagonists made it to the elite 8. That is awesome. Ubi has gone out of their way to establish these guys as the baddest of the bad and it's paying off. Sweet. Gives me some cred when I brag about them to my bro's as well.

Nervous about this round tough. Facing some popular ad/or trendy characters.

You brag about AC characters to your friends?

Aphex_Tim
09-24-2013, 07:05 AM
At least Dutch is still there, he's one of the most underrated villains in gaming.

Can't beat that moustache.

Also, Ezio's gonna ultimately win. Whether we like it or not.

Jexx21
09-24-2013, 05:50 PM
i actually voted for Vaas over Ezio..

Aphex_Tim
09-24-2013, 05:54 PM
So did I.
Even if I liked Ezio more, Vaas is still a lot more badass!

roostersrule2
09-24-2013, 05:55 PM
You two disgust me.

Assassin_M
09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
You two disgust me.
I still can't get over how lulzio beat Ellie

Perk89
09-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Assassin_M developed some weird anti-Ezio thing in the wake of a vocal minority not liking in Connor in AC3. Kinda sad that other people's opinions influence his own so much.

Perk89
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
You brag about AC characters to your friends?

When you get out of high school, you typically find friends who share common interests with you. You'll learn when you're older, don't fret.

lothario-da-be
09-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Connor, Altair and Ezio are still in the competition ! :)

ladyleonhart
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Connor, Altair and Ezio are still in the competition ! :)

Exactly my first thought when I saw the video. :D

Sushiglutton
09-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Assassin_M developed some weird anti-Ezio thing in the wake of a vocal minority not liking in Connor in AC3. Kinda sad that other people's opinions influence his own so much.

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/rabbit-movie-film-popcorn-600x381.jpg

Jexx21
09-24-2013, 08:26 PM
he always supported altair over ezio

ze_topazio
09-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I haven't been paying attention to this, how's Desmond doing?

Jexx21
09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
he lost to ezio

ze_topazio
09-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I was actually joking, i didn't even knew he was a contender.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I was actually joking, i didn't even knew he was a contender.

lol out round 1...

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 12:29 AM
I still can't get over how lulzio beat EllieNo one likes her.

Ezio is the epitome of characters.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM
No one likes her.

Ezio is the epitome of characters.

Everyone loves Ellie doh bro.

Seriously though, Ezio's cool and all but he's not so fresh and original is he? He wasn't expertly written at all, he was a simple formula used to attract dudebro's such as yourself and I.

LoyalACFan
09-25-2013, 12:37 AM
When you get out of high school, you typically find friends who share common interests with you. You'll learn when you're older, don't fret.

Okay...? Don't get hostile. I'm just wondering how you could possibly "brag" about a character to your friends... I mean, what do you even say? "My favorite characters are sooo much more badass than yours?"

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 12:42 AM

Seriously though, Ezio's cool and all but he's not so fresh and original is he? He wasn't expertly written at all, he was a simple formula used to attract dudebro's such as yourself and I.He was a well written, charismatic, poon slayer, sure their have been others but he was really quite different.

Whereas Cona was just a hipster of the American Revolution. Is the only Native American not living in their tribe, gives himself a hipster haircut, is always angry and takes his anger out on the world you could say killing is his art that's hipster too, not to mention the drugs he took in TOKW.

Conner=Hipster.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 12:47 AM
He was a well written, charismatic, poon slayer, sure their have been others but he was really quite different.

Whereas Cona was just a hipster of the American Revolution. Is the only Native American not living in their tribe, gives himself a hipster haircut, is always angry and takes his anger out on the world you could say killing is his art that's hipster too, not to mention the drugs he took in TOKW.

Conner=Hipster.

Yeah Connor only ever wanted to act different. That was his only motovation; to act like a pretentious ****** to attract the ladies.

OF COURSE it's nothing to do with him fighting for justice for his mother who burned to death or keep his entire livelihood, his village and people, safe.

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Yeah Connor only ever wanted to act different. That was his only motovation; to act like a pretentious ****** to attract the ladies.

OF COURSE it's nothing to do with him fighting for justice for his mother who burned to death or keep his entire livelihood, his village and people, safe.He's so hipster that he didn't even attack the guy that did it, he's just like "nah imma get u insted lol classik me i wil go down in histry 4 dis".

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Yea, attack the man who's still winning the freedom of a group of people, even if it's not everyone who deserves freedom.

Connor attacked Lee because:

A.) He is a Templar
B.) He manipulated Connor's village into siding with the British when he didn't want them in a conflict at all
C.) He threatened to destroy him and everyone and everything he cared about

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 01:07 AM
He couldn't find Lee because he was wearing his hipster glasses.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Yes but should I really hate my supposed ally (GW) more than the antagonist.

That's either very good or very bad writing depending on how you see it, I feel it's bad writing.

roostersrule2
09-25-2013, 01:12 AM

That's either very good or very bad writing depending on how you see it, I feel it's bad writing.Indeed, if we're playing as Connor we should be thinking like him.

Jexx21
09-25-2013, 01:14 AM

That's either very good or very bad writing depending on how you see it, I feel it's bad writing.

Good writing, but it was presented in a way that doesn't make what happens clear.(which isn't a fault of the writing)

Perk89
09-25-2013, 04:44 AM
Okay...? Don't get hostile. I'm just wondering how you could possibly "brag" about a character to your friends... I mean, what do you even say? "My favorite characters are sooo much more badass than yours?"

You came across as hostile to start with. But sure. Buddies and I are into a wide variety of games. Sometimes it's fun to debate who is a bau5. This little contest is just all the more ammo for me to use.

Perk89
09-25-2013, 04:50 AM

Seriously though, Ezio's cool and all but he's not so fresh and original is he? He wasn't expertly written at all, he was a simple formula used to attract dudebro's such as yourself and I.

Ezio's character extends to so far beyond "his coolness" it's absolutely lunatical for you to even suggest that that's what he is. His depth as a character is what hooked me into the series. A character doesn't have to be dark and brooding to be complex. It's honestly a lot more impactful to see more down to earth, occasionally light hearted characters have to confront the harsh realities of their life-both the ordinary and extraordinary aspects of it.

Ezio's yelling and panic attack in the vault at the end of AC2 as he so desperately tried to comprehend things he just had no hope of being able to was one of the most goose bump giving moments I've ever had in a game. That was a real, legitimate, human emotion you could feel in that scene. Also a credit to Roger Craig Smith who just killed it vocally doing it.

ze_topazio
09-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Ezio's character extends to so far beyond "his coolness" it's absolutely lunatical for you to even suggest that that's what he is. His depth as a character is what hooked me into the series. A character doesn't have to be dark and brooding to be complex. It's honestly a lot more impactful to see more down to earth, occasionally light hearted characters have to confront the harsh realities of their life-both the ordinary and extraordinary aspects of it.

Word, but to some people a deep, complex and well written character needs to be super duper emo, positive attitude towards life even when facing hardships means unrealistic or dumb.

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Word, but to some people a deep, complex and well written character needs to be super duper emo, positive attitude towards life even when facing hardships means unrealistic or dumb.

Stroking boobs after murder is dumb...I have a positive attitude...lemme go stroke boobs..

"hey, babe..I have such pains and aches-" *SLAP*!!!!!!!

ze_topazio
09-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Stroking boobs after murder is dumb

That's called "Living the dream"

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 06:17 PM
That's called "Living the dream"

Like my cousin

he's got a lot. house, women, cars, parties..he writes me in these wild emails

ze_topazio
09-25-2013, 06:21 PM
You have been playing too much GTA, and that makes me envious...

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 06:22 PM
You have been playing too much GTA, and that makes me envious...

I know...GTA will destroy my GPA :|