PDA

View Full Version : Think there's gonna be another new main assassin in AC 2014?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-19-2013, 11:11 PM
I honestly have no idea what Ubisoft plans to do. It could be an overkill though IMO, 3rd new main Assassin in just 2 years. Think they're gonna go with someone new or bring back one of the player characters from previous games? (Edward, Raton, Haytham, Aveline, maybe Achilles or Adewale)

ladyleonhart
09-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton. ;) That's who I'm hoping for. :D

dxsxhxcx
09-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I hope they announce a new assassin AND a new modern day protagonist as well... and I hope they deal with Juno in at least 2 years from now, if the best we can get is something like AC3's (modern days) ending, I don't want to wait for 6 more years to have another ending like that...

RatonhnhakeFan
09-19-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't want to wait for 6 more years to have another ending like that...I can totally see them doing exactly that, as in stretching the "stop Juno from taking over the world" story for the next 4-5 games...

ladyleonhart
09-19-2013, 11:36 PM
I hope they announce a new assassin AND a new modern day protagonist as well... and I hope they deal with Juno in at least 2 years from now, if the best we can get is something like AC3's (modern days) ending, I don't want to wait for 6 more years to have another ending like that...

I don't really mind if we do get a new Assassin and/or modern day protagonist either. :) You can never be sure what to expect. The next ones could be great too. xD I didn't mind ACIII's ending though, but it was kind of sad. :(

I can totally see them doing exactly that, as in stretching the "stop Juno from taking over the world" story for the next 4-5 games...

You really think so...? o_0; I was hoping they'll deal with Juno in ACIV or... at least in ACV.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I can totally see them doing exactly that, as in stretching the "stop Juno from taking over the world" story for the next 4-5 games...

Meh. Don't care about Juno anymore. I was getting tired of the modern day stuff by the time ACR came out, and AC3 sealed the deal. I'm done.

That said, I'm hoping for a Connor sequel, but if it doesn't come out next year, it's hopeless. They're not going to move away from the Kenways and then go back. So it'll either be Connor or a new Assassin. Edward's whole story will have been told as of AC4, Aveline's as well, they won't make a whole game about Templar Haytham, and though Adewale and Achilles are awesome, they seem doomed to remain side characters.

silvermercy
09-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I was going to say Raton-Raton as well! :D

But who knows... it seems possible to have a new one.

Shall we take bets? :p I bet we'll have a French assassin. At least partially...

ladyleonhart
09-19-2013, 11:48 PM
...That said, I'm hoping for a Connor sequel, but if it doesn't come out next year, it's hopeless. They're not going to move away from the Kenways and then go back. So it'll either be Connor or a new Assassin...

Then, the new Assassin will just have to wait their turn. :P

2014 is Connor's year. :D Or Ratonhnhaké:ton's. :) Whatever they want to call him. xD

RatonhnhakeFan
09-19-2013, 11:53 PM
That said, I'm hoping for a Connor sequel, but if it doesn't come out next year, it's hopeless.I'm not expecting Raton to get another full game :( IMO AC4 was his only chance. He could get a handheld sequel (like Altair/Ezio had) but I'm gonna be really surprised if they don't move out of Colonial era&setting in next main game. AC3, AC4 and ACL on main consoles is a lot.

Shall we take bets? :p I bet we'll have a French assassin. At least partially...Assassin's Creed: White Flag?

Couldn't resist xP

SixKeys
09-20-2013, 12:03 AM
I hope that from now on every new AC game will have a new protagonist. (Except for handheld titles.) I was always ready for that, ever since I heard AC2 wasn't going to feature Altaďr. I was fine with that. New protagonist means new setting and new time period, keeping the series from repeating itself too much.

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm not expecting Raton to get another full game :( IMO AC4 was his only chance. He could get a handheld sequel (like Altair/Ezio had) but I'm gonna be really surprised if they don't move out of Colonial era&setting in next main game. AC3, AC4 and ACL on main consoles is a lot.

Well, the Caribbean is a very different setting than New England, regardless of the time period. And Liberation is only a port on main consoles. We got AC2 and Brotherhood in Renaissance Italy, why can't we have AC3 and AC5 in Colonial America? Hell, they could even take him to France if they really wanted to. It was kind of hinted at in his dialogue with Lafayette.

Oh, and lololololololol @ White Flag XD

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Ratonhnhaké:ton please Ubisoft!

2014 make next year his year please! :)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Well, the Caribbean is a very different setting than New England, regardless of the time period. And Liberation is only a port on main consoles. We got AC2 and Brotherhood in Renaissance Italy, why can't we have AC3 and AC5 in Colonial America? Hell, they could even take him to France if they really wanted to. It was kind of hinted at in his dialogue with Lafayette.It's different and it's not. The matter of Colonialism is heavily embodied at the core of all 3 games. Yeah, ACL is a port but with big console re-release, it's gonna become much more important.

I defintely think the France thing was a hint at a potential sequel but honestly, it would be so out of place for Raton, would much prefer if he stayed in New England

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2013, 12:58 AM
I defintely think the France thing was a hint at a potential sequel but honestly, it would be so out of place for Raton, would much prefer if he stayed in New England

if Connor in some way had to adapt to the colonists on his land, why wouldn't he be able to do the same in France? they just need to skip some years between one game and another to justify why Connor knows how to speak french...

IMO Connor in France would be interesting especially because he would be kinda out of place there, it would be a opportunity to see a more mature version of Connor (that learned from his past mistakes) totally focused on the Assassins instead of fight for his own reasons (his people) or fight other people's battles...

unfortunately, I don't think this will happen...

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 01:01 AM
if Connor (IMO) in some way had to adapt to the colonists on his land, why wouldn't he be able to do the same in France? they just need to skip some years between one game and another to justify why Connor knows how to speak french...

IMO Connor in France would be interesting especialy because he would be out of place there, it would be a opportunity to see a more mature version of Connor (that learned from his past mistakes) totally focused on the Assassins instead of fight for his own reasons (his people)...

unfortunately, I don't think this will happen...And essentially putting away behind from his Native side. Exactly what I don't want to see happen :/

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2013, 01:03 AM
And essentially putting away behind from his Native side. Exactly what I don't want to see happen :/

IMO the opportunity to explore this side of his character was in AC3...

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 01:06 AM
IMO the opportunity to explore this side of his character was in AC3...And kinda not used to its full potential because of how much the non-Native side of the story & characters dominated. So it would be just the worst to go even further into that direction for his character :(

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 01:09 AM
And essentially putting away behind from his Native side. Exactly what I don't want to see happen :/
Hmmm... That's debatable... There's always room for his Native side to develop more even if he's away from home. I don't think it's impossible... But the missed opportunity was in AC3, yes...

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2013, 01:22 AM
And kinda not used to its full potential because of how much the non-Native side of the story & characters dominated. So it would be just the worst to go even further into that direction for his character :(

I don't think it would be worst because Connor has to grow up at some point and understand that his fight for his people is a lost one and continue to fight for it would be pointless (at least this was the impression I got at the end of the game), that's why I believe this subject would be out of place (and feel forced) on a new game, the time for naive Connor has passed and have a wiser Connor that learned from his past mistakes and acknowledge the fact that he did what he could for his people seems (to me) the most logical direction they should take with his character...

and like silvermercy said, this doesn't mean they should put his native side aside, I believe they'll always have room to show a conflict between the way his people used to see some things and how other people see it, in fact it would be an interesting thing to see, but IMO this (his native side) shouldn't be the focus of a game..

roostersrule2
09-20-2013, 02:37 AM
We need to leave the 1700's.

I-Like-Pie45
09-20-2013, 02:45 AM
The next AC game will be a collaboration between Rockstar and Ubisoft set in the glory days of the American West starring Jonathan Deschain, Connor's grandson. It will be the largest AC/RS game yet, accurately recreating all of the American Pacific, Midwest, and Southwest for your gaming pleasure and will feature the first functional AC horses.

It is called Red Dead Renegade.

roostersrule2
09-20-2013, 02:48 AM
The next AC game will be a collaboration between Rockstar and Ubisoft set in the glory days of the American West starring Jonathan Deschain, Connor's grandson. It will be the largest AC/RS game yet, accurately recreating all of the American Pacific, Midwest, and Southwest for your gaming pleasure and will feature the first functional AC horses.

It is called Red Dead Renegade.I concur.

ze_topazio
09-20-2013, 05:00 PM

It is called Red Dead Renegade.

Please let Rockstar take care of the horses, please let Rockstar take care of the horses, please let Rockstar take care of the horses...

pirate1802
09-20-2013, 05:15 PM
You really think so...? o_0; I was hoping they'll deal with Juno in ACIV or... at least in ACV.

Nah, you don't pull a twist like that if you don't want to utilize it for atleast 2-3 games more. I think what we will see in AC4 is finding a way to stop Juno. I hope we dont end Juno in AC4. That'd be making the same mistake AC3 did: cramming to much stuff in a single game.

I hope that from now on every new AC game will have a new protagonist. (Except for handheld titles.) I was always ready for that, ever since I heard AC2 wasn't going to feature Altaďr. I was fine with that. New protagonist means new setting and new time period, keeping the series from repeating itself too much.

Agreed. It keeps the series fresh and unique. Each new game with a new protagonist and setting. Let's return to that way.

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Nah, you don't pull a twist like that if you don't want to utilize it for atleast 2-3 games more. I think what we will see in AC4 is finding a way to stop Juno. I hope we dont end Juno in AC4. That'd be making the same mistake AC3 did: cramming to much stuff in a single game.

I guess so. I just want to know more about what Juno wants and TWCB. After ACIII, I just felt like: "What!?:confused: Then, I'm really hoping for the overall story to progress and more information on what actually happened to Desmond. If they do discover a way to stop Juno in ACIV that would be great and I wouldn't mind waiting for a couple more games for them to actually deal with her. If they do that though, hopefully they'll introduce some more threats, which Juno hides behind. Then, perhaps her story could even continue on for a lot longer. I really hope they will focus on Eve as well. Maybe they will in the Aveline missions.:)

pirate1802
09-20-2013, 06:06 PM
What happens to Desmond is on Initiates. Have you not seen the picture? :p

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM

No, I haven't. I'm waiting for the modern part of ACIV. Then, I'm going to explore every little detail. ;)

pirate1802
09-20-2013, 06:13 PM
No, I haven't. I'm waiting for the modern part of ACIV. Then, I'm going to explore every little detail. ;)

Err.. good, good :D

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 06:33 PM
What picture???

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 06:43 PM
What picture???

SPOILER

Desmond getting hauled out of the temple in an Abstergo body bag with his broken hidden blade lying nearby.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
SPOILER

Desmond getting hauled out of the temple in an Abstergo body bag with his broken hidden blade lying nearby.
Soooooooo....

His dad didn't care to take the body? Go William! http://i41.tinypic.com/11manpd.gif

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Soooooooo....

His dad didn't care to take the body? Go William! http://i41.tinypic.com/11manpd.gif

Well he did tell them to get as far away as they could :p Guess old Billy isn't as concerned with Desmond as Desmond was for him.

D.I.D.
09-20-2013, 07:07 PM
I have a feeling the PS3/4 re-appearance of Aveline in AC4, although she's from a slightly different time period, is a test of multiple protagonists. If "you" (the player) were descended from one person in these settings, you'd most likely be related to many others with whom the main character is brushing shoulders, so it would make more sense if the game let you hop into different bodies and make use of that.

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I have a feeling the PS3/4 re-appearance of Aveline in AC4, although she's from a slightly different time period, is a test of multiple protagonists. If "you" (the player) were descended from one person in these settings, you'd most likely be related to many others with whom the main character is brushing shoulders, so it would make more sense if the game let you hop into different bodies and make use of that.

We actually kinda got a taste of this in AC3 too, when we played as Ziio for like twenty seconds in the Animus screen. Desmond was descended from both her and Haytham, so AC3 could have starred both of them as playable characters in the same era.

lothario-da-be
09-20-2013, 08:10 PM
I want a Connor sequel, but i want a location and time period too :mad:

Hans684
09-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Yes, there will be a new assassin and time period. The bett on tweeter with Ismal about what country and Jade's studio is currently working on the sequal.

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Kenway Saga, that's all Ima say!

SixKeys
09-20-2013, 08:55 PM

That's what I was thinking. The devs have previously said multiple ancestors would be impossible due to technical limitations, but with next-gen finally on the horizon they may be able to defeat those problems.

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 09:01 PM
A new Assassin.

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 12:03 AM
It will be a new Assassin - it's been confirmed. I'd like another Connor game but it looks like we'll be seeing very little of him in the years to come, which is a shame because if AC3's pacing and story presentation was up to scratch we'd already have a satisfying game with him.

killzab
09-21-2013, 12:27 AM
What about Connor's son ? Would solve the problem of more Connor and introduce a new and different character !

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 12:49 AM
It will be a new Assassin - it's been confirmed.
Wait when, where how? :O

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Wait when, where how? :OIt wont be Connor, the only place left to go in the 1700's is the French Revolution, if he felt out of place in America well then him and France just wouldn't mix. Another game in this time period is really not what we need, this series is getting too familiar.

We need to go back to Ancient times soon, if done right, it could be an amazing game. Just the picture I get when thinking of it is perfect.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 01:30 AM
We need to go back to Ancient times soon, if done right, it could be an amazing game. Just the picture I get when thinking of it is perfect.Vapourware is always perfect xP My imaginary version of AC1 Is total Game of Forever candidate without a single repeated quest :D

That's what I was thinking. The devs have previously said multiple ancestors would be impossible due to technical limitations, but with next-gen finally on the horizon they may be able to defeat those problems.
I think they meant the amount of content they would ahve to make if they had multipel assassins in multiple regions. Like different spoken languages in all cities, different textures/models for the cities architecture, different animations/weapons for those multiple assassins etc. It would bloat the budget even bigger

I-Like-Pie45
09-21-2013, 01:58 AM
If Connor never appears again I want you all to accept my or Jexx's theoretical ideas as reality

Layytez
09-21-2013, 05:00 AM
They need to take us all the way back to the First Civ.

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Remember this? Maybe it's not from AC IV, it could be from a future game and it kinda looks like Coner "Haymitch" Kinwy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVzAZBt6UWq6yjSKHxw8DRtkhgtaTzY 1MDOnAJhBTjpZ5AolOzQQ

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Remember this? Maybe it's not from AC IV, it could be from a future game and it kinda looks like Coner "Haymitch" Kinwy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVzAZBt6UWq6yjSKHxw8DRtkhgtaTzY 1MDOnAJhBTjpZ5AolOzQQ

Looks more like a little-darker-haired Edwurdo tbh. The dress is almost identical, just coloured differently.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 12:22 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVzAZBt6UWq6yjSKHxw8DRtkhgtaTzY 1MDOnAJhBTjpZ5AolOzQQGur u know that Edward :p

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:23 PM

FOR REALS?? Ima about to faint if that's Ratonhnhaké:ton!

What if that's Haytham though? (I know he wouldn't be wearing Assassin Robes) xD

So this is Connor indeed.

ze_topazio
09-21-2013, 12:25 PM
We already have 5 games with one of Connor's descendants.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:26 PM
We already have 5 games with one of Connor's descendants.
What TF? That's not true.

ze_topazio
09-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, it is true, he goes by the name of Desmond "Christ" Miles, our savior.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
What TF? That's not true.

It is, if you think about it. ;)

lothario-da-be
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
lol i was like WTF too in the beginning, then i realised Desmond is Connor's descendant. Funny to think about actualy.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:30 PM
We haven't even had a sequel for Ratonhnhaké:ton yet and your already saying he's got some women pregnant. I wanna know who that women is!

The last time we saw him was when he was 27 and still a virgin. ;)

Hans684
09-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Consider Connor never tok Kenway as his last name. Therefore it is possible that he tok the name "Miles" when he gott a familiy.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Consider Connor never tok Kenway as his last name. Therefore it is possible that he tok the name "Miles" when he gott a familiy.
That's not possible, Ratonhnhaké:ton was close to his Native heritage and we Natives don't use last names it's not in our cluture. Only todays society and modern times that we now have an "English" name with an "english" last name.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 12:51 PM
FOR REALS?? Ima about to faint if that's Ratonhnhaké:ton!

What if that's Haytham though? (I know he wouldn't be wearing Assassin Robes) xD

So this is Connor indeed.

You would faint if its Connor, but you wouldnt if hes not? Based on what, his clothes, his back?

How do you know this is Connor?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 12:53 PM
If anything he would probably take the name Davenport

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:59 PM
You would faint if its Connor, but you wouldnt if hes not? Based on what, his clothes, his back?

How do you know this is Connor?
I'm only going by with what Roosters pic they posted.

If anything he would probably take the name Davenport
Hmm.. maybe only when talking to Colonists.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Hmm.. maybe only when talking to Colonists.Obviously, not talking about abandoning his true name and background.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Obviously, not talking about abandoning his true name and background.
Well yeah of course!

One thing that makes me wonder is that Connor respected Edward so he might have kept Kenway for the respect he had for his Grandfather.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 01:19 PM
One thing that makes me wonder is that Connor respected Edward so he might have kept Kenway for the respect he had for his Grandfather.Some people argue for that, but it's a bit far-fatched to me. He considered Achilles to be his father and keeping the Kenway name for the sake of respect for someone he didn't even know is rather unrealistic to me

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 01:32 PM
One thing that makes me wonder is that Connor respected Edward so he might have kept Kenway for the respect he had for his Grandfather.

I doubt it. He hardly knew his father, let alone Edward. And he is only mentioned in the ToKW which I am sure was just an Easter Egg for Black Flag.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Some people argue for that, but it's a bit far-fatched to me. He considered Achilles to be his father and keeping the Kenway name for the sake of respect for someone he didn't even know is rather unrealistic to me
I know what when Ratonhnhaké:ton threw that Tomahawk into the pillar and when he argued with Achilles he was 17 and he didn't appreciate everything Achillies had done for him. It was only later when he had Amulet and saw that Achilles had a son named Connor then thats when it really hit Ratonhnhaé:ton that Achillies treated him like his son from then whn interacting with Colonists he would possiably say his name is Mr. Davenport.

The other side of the coin would be that he still would have liked a father son relationship with Haytham and kept his last name for a better memory of what could have been.. because his life is tragic and to throw that part of him away would have been heartbreaking.

Ratonhnhaké:ton never called Achillies Raké:ni (father) he only said Ó:nen ki' wáhi Raké:ni (Goodbye Father) to Haytham when he died.

We don't know what Ratonhnhaké:ton was thinking when he saw Achillies in the chair when he died he looked upset but not as upset as when Kanen'tó:kon died. Ratonhnhaké:ton knew that Achillies was going to die someday and even in his last days when Diana was taking care of Achillies there was a look on Ratonhnhaké:ton face that he knew that look of someone about to die.. I just think that Ratonhnhaké:ton didn't expect it to be so soon after that day.

In ToKW which is obviously a dream and it's set after the events of AC3 when Kaniehti:io gave Ratonhnhaké:ton - Haythams hidden blade Ratonhnhaké:ton had taken time to hold it from his mothers hands.

Also in Ratonhnhaké:ton AC3 Epilogue soliloquy he acknowledges he had failed his parents and obviously carries that guilt with him.

As for the future I just hope we get a sequel for him, as we can only really go by what we have experienced and seen in AC3 and ToKW.

RinoTheBouncer
09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Yes and I wish they do and I support that VERY MUCH. I'm 100% with annual releases.
Their games never lack quality and even though we get one every year, the wait is still unbearable, so please Ubi. NEVER REFRAIN FROM ANNUAL AC RELEASES!

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes and I wish they do and I support that VERY MUCH. I'm 100% with annual releases.
Their games never lack quality and even though we get one every year, the wait is still unbearable, so please Ubi. NEVER REFRAIN FROM ANNUAL AC RELEASES!

They might not lack quality, but they never really improve.

However Black Flag seems to be amazing. I haven't played AC4 yet obviously, but if they keep innovating as much as they have with Black Flag and always use AC1 and AC2 as references, we should be fine.

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Their games never lack quality and even though we get one every year, the wait is still unbearable, so please Ubi. NEVER REFRAIN FROM ANNUAL AC RELEASES!Don't listen to this Ubi.

AC3 was lacking in quality so much it's not funny, the arguments that stemmed from it were but that's not the point, anyway if AC3 had a higher standard of quality it could of been up there with GTA V, RDR, AC2, Skyrim, ME Series etc. as one of the best games this gen, instead it turns out to be a over-hyped mess, that severely lacked quality. If they wanted to have it released before the 21/12/12 then they should have released it in early December/late November, it would have been more polished and maybe the mission design would have been a lot better.

This is kinda off topic, but when Ubisoft were sued for stealing the ideas off that guy because they supposedly used his whole Animus idea, was production of AC3 ceased? As in the GI mag which came out in March I think, they said they had almost finished the game and in the next month or two they would start beta testing so that they could have over 6 months to polish the game. Now the finished product was hardly a reflection on that, so I think something mid-development happened and that's why AC3 failed from a quality point of view.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton never called Achillies Raké:ni (father) he only said Ó:nen ki' wáhi Raké:ni (Goodbye Father) to Haytham when he died.

After Achilles dies, he says "I miss you, like I miss my mother" at Achilles' grave. The message of that statement seems very clear to me, what the writers wanted to express

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 02:47 PM
After Achilles dies, he says "I miss you, like I miss my mother" at Achilles' grave. The message of that statement seems very clear to me, what the writers wanted to express
I agree that's a clear statement, Ratonhnhké:ton looked up to Achilles as a father figure, there's no doubt it that. However at the same time Ratonhnhaké:ton knew he couldn't call Raké:ni to Achilles because it wouldn't be right so instead he called him "Old Man" as we know.

When Ratonhnhaké:ton was bedside next to Achilles a few days before he passed he told Ratonhnhaké:ton to kill his father and the emotion was clear on Ratonhnhaké:ton face. Even that just shows that Ratonhnhaké:ton looked to Achillies as a father figure but he knew that Achillies wouldn't ever replace his father Haytham.

Another possibility is that whenever Ratonhnhaké:ton talked to Colonists he just tell them his name is Connor without telling them his last name.

I-Like-Pie45
09-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Don't listen to this Ubi.

AC3 was lacking in quality so much it's not funny, the arguments that stemmed from it were but that's not the point, anyway if AC3 had a higher standard of quality it could of been up there with GTA V, RDR, TLoU, Fallout New Vegas, Super Mario Galaxy, Witcher Series etc. as one of the best games this gen, instead it turns out to be a over-hyped mess, that severely lacked quality. If they wanted to have it released before the 21/12/12 then they should have released it in early December/late November, it would have been more polished and maybe the mission design would have been a lot better.

This is kinda off topic, but when Ubisoft were sued for stealing the ideas off that guy because they supposedly used his whole Animus idea, was production of AC3 ceased? As in the GI mag which came out in March I think, they said they had almost finished the game and in the next month or two they would start beta testing so that they could have over 6 months to polish the game. Now the finished product was hardly a reflection on that, so I think something mid-development happened and that's why AC3 failed from a quality point of view.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/9/12/1347465574181/Yves-Guillemot-009.jpg

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/9/12/1347465574181/Yves-Guillemot-009.jpghttp://www.ariablarg.tv/asset/uploads/2012/06/110213-yves-guillemot-chief-executive-and-founder-of-the-worlds-third-largest.jpg

D.I.D.
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I think they meant the amount of content they would ahve to make if they had multipel assassins in multiple regions. Like different spoken languages in all cities, different textures/models for the cities architecture, different animations/weapons for those multiple assassins etc. It would bloat the budget even bigger

That's not what I was imagining, really. Obviously anything that multiplies the work is a problem, but I wasn't imagining extra cities or the complete freedom to play the game in any roles. Even if you kept to the same locations, the audio data would be a gigantic undertaking.

I was more thinking about an interlocking story whereby you would occasionally have to inhabit a different character in order to complete certain missions. Since every story is a quest to find the last hiding place of something important, perhaps you'd need to see through the eyes of someone with a unique privilege in order to follow the whole trail. For example, maybe a royal courtier would have access to places and people that your initial assassin does not. So, you'd need a certain amount of extra data for each character, but not a complete duplication of everything the main character can possibly say or do.

I-Like-Pie45
09-21-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.ariablarg.tv/asset/uploads/2012/06/110213-yves-guillemot-chief-executive-and-founder-of-the-worlds-third-largest.jpg

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/090914/GAL-09Sep14-2623/media/PHO-09Sep14-178519.jpg

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 03:07 PM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/090914/GAL-09Sep14-2623/media/PHO-09Sep14-178519.jpghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130413113313/villains/images/c/ce/DarthVader.jpg

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Stop these Yves pics! >__<

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Lololol oh dear

I-Like-Pie45
09-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Stop these Yves pics! >__<
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/British_Shorthair.jpg

Spider_Sith9
09-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes. Though I hope they don't leave Connor yet. However, I must ask when did they confirm they were leaving Connor?

lothario-da-be
09-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes. Though I hope they don't leave Connor yet. However, I must ask when did they confirm they were leaving Connor?
They never confirmed.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 04:08 PM
They never confirmed.
Yeah exactly, Ubisoft has never confirmed anything they just like to keep us Connor Ratonhnhaké:ton fans in the dark - we don't know what's going on sadly! :(

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah exactly, Ubisoft has never confirmed anything they just like to keep us Connor Ratonhnhaké:ton fans in the dark - we don't know what's going on sadly! :(

That just means there is every possibility that a Connor sequel will still happen. ;)

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 04:20 PM
That just means there is every possibility that a Connor sequel will still happen. ;)
True DAT! Thats why I live in positivity! The glass is half full, and so is Connors life. ;)

All I'ma say is Damn the Ezio fangurls/boys! >__<

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 04:22 PM
That may not have been confirmed but this has.

Ezio>the forums search features>Connor.

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 04:23 PM
True DAT! Thats why I live in positivity! The glass is half full, and so is Connors life. ;)

All I'ma say is Damn the Ezio fangurls/boys! >__<

Why? Because Ezio was a good enough character to merit 3 games and Connor barely merits one - TRUTH.

lol jk.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 04:36 PM
That may not have been confirmed but this has.

Ezio>the forums search features>Connor.
No.

Why? Because Ezio was a good enough character to merit 3 games and Connor barely merits one - TRUTH.

lol jk.
LOL

The demand for a Connor sequel is clear he merits another game or two! I'd be even happy for Ubi to make Connor a permanent Assassin! ;)

lothario-da-be
09-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Ashraf even talked about that Kenway TRILOGY in some interview. I guess he said that without realising what he said. I hope so at least.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 04:47 PM

And every possibility that it won't.

roostersrule2
09-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Ashraf even talked about that Kenway TRILOGY in some interview. I guess he said that without realising what he said. I hope so at least.Indeed the Kenway Trilogy.

AC3, Forsaken and AC4.

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 04:49 PM

Don't relight the fire - a Connor sequel is their only desire.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Ashraf even talked about that Kenway TRILOGY in some interview. I guess he said that without realising what he said. I hope so at least.

I think he meant characters, Edward, Connor, Haytham. Not 3 games. Remember they can slip up words and this seems like the logical explanation.

They do keep calling the games so far the Kenway Saga, which basically means a massive story, in this case intertwined between Connor, Haytham and Edward. This doesn't indicate there will be 3 games with these characters or more.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 04:51 PM

I am not relighting anything. I am just saying that just because they havent announced the next AC game (which wont even happen until May next year) doesnt mean it is Connor at all. It could be, or couldnt be. Either way, it is not May.

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I am not relighting anything. I am just saying that just because they havent announced the next AC game (which wont even happen until May next year) doesnt mean it is Connor at all. It could be, or couldnt be. Either way, it is not May.

Shame on you for not knowing Take That. And they're are just saying there's a chance, not that it's definite. I think there's only a small chance personally, unfortunately.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Indeed the Kenway Trilogy.

AC3, Forsaken and AC4.
Forsaken is a BOOK. :-/

Only a games are considered a part of the trilogy!

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Forsaken is a BOOK. :-/

Read my post. Kenway trilogy is the characters.

Kenway Saga is the Kenway story. Not an indication of 3 or more games.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 04:59 PM
..and here we go again.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Read my post. Kenway trilogy is the characters.

Kenway Saga is the Kenway story. Not an indication of 3 or more games.
I already read your posts, I just respectfully disagree with them.

In terms of this Kenway trilogy, revisiting Connor and ending on his story would be better. We have not heard Ubisoft confirm or deny the possibility of Connor returning that's why we can only hope next year we will have a better idea! Till then we can say there is a possiablity!

:)

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 05:03 PM
..and here we go again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RQ9BWndKEgs

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:05 PM
In terms of this Kenway trilogy, revisiting Connor and ending on his story would be better. We have not heard Ubisoft confirm or deny the possibility of Connor returning that's why we can only hope next year we will have a better idea! Till then we can say there is a possiablity!
:)

Why would ending with Connor be better than ending with another possible Edward game though?

Think about it like this. We have Edward and Connor as Assassin's, and Haytham as a Templar. What does this tell us? It tells us that Haytham isn't going to get his own game.

If this Kenway Trilogy was in relation to games, that means we would either have 2 games as Connor, or 2 as Edward. Whichever way it goes, one Assassin fan base will be gimped out, it just wouldn't make sense to favor one over the other.

Kenway trilogy meaning the 3 members of the Kenway name makes more sense.

Then we are just back to Saga, which just means a massive story in effect, and that is basically what we are getting. The story of Haytham, Edward and Connor.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Why would ending with Connor be better than ending with another possible Edward game though?

Think about it like this. We have Edward and Connor as Assassin's, and Haytham as a Templar. What does this tell us? It tells us that Haytham isn't going to get his own game.

If this Kenway Trilogy was in relation to games, that means we would either have 2 games as Connor, or 2 as Edward. Whichever way it goes, one Assassin fan base will be gimped out, it just wouldn't make sense to favor one over the other.

Kenway trilogy meaning the 3 members of the Kenway name makes more sense.

Then we are just back to Saga, which just means a massive story in effect, and that is basically what we are getting. The story of Haytham, Edward and Connor.
Because Connor's story was just beginning and Edward died young.

If we got a Haytham game it wouldn't be Assasins Creed it would be Templars Creed and I don't want to play that game. tbh!

@Shahkulu: I love that Beyoncé song!

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 05:12 PM

LOL :p

Most likely, but hopefully there was some truth in that. :)

Of course. It could go either way.

What is certain is that everyone needs to relax... please? :nonchalance:

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Because Connor's story was just beginning and Edward died young.

If we got a Haytham game it wouldn't be Assasins Creed it would be Templars Creed and I don't want to play that game. tbh!

I just said this. And Edward died young, sure, but we dont know when AC4 ends. And what about the rest of the stuff I explained?

Me?

dxsxhxcx
09-21-2013, 05:17 PM
while I'm ok with another game with Connor, I would like to have a new one only if the reason behind have a game with Edward instead of a direct sequel with Connor is that what happens in AC4 will somehow affect the story of the next Connor game, I don't want them to bring him back just for the sake of doing it, after we already got a different protagonist I prefer to move on to a new one...

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Me?

No, not just you. Everyone involved. A discussion on this topic almost always ends badly. :( I just don't want you guys getting upset over it. It's not even worth it. >_< Well, we all know that whatever happens next has already been decided. Then, we just have to wait until Ubisoft sheds some light on this.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:21 PM
while I'm ok with another game with Connor, I would like to have a new one only if the reason behind have a game with Edward instead of a direct sequel with Connor is that what happens in AC4 will somehow affect the story of the next Connor game, I don't want them to bring him back just for the sake of doing it, after we already got a different protagonist I prefer to move on to a new one...

I would also like a new protagonist. I love Altair and Edward (for what I know about him), but I am afraid that if they have 2 full games then it will just be milky milk and it would probably affect my opinions of them if the second game wasn't as good as the first.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:22 PM
No, not just you. Everyone involved. A discussion on this topic almost always ends badly. :( I just don't want you guys getting upset over it. It's not even worth it. >_< Well, we all know that whatever happens next has already been decided. Then, we just have to wait until Ubisoft sheds some light on this.

I was trying to be logical in explaining that Saga and Trilogy could mean different things and I also based these on imo, logical assumptions.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:26 PM
I agree, I'm not worked up btw. I'm cool as ice.

I just said this. And Edward died young, sure, but we dont know when AC4 ends. And what about the rest of the stuff I explained?
We have just come to a natural conclusion that Connor deserves a Sequel! ;)

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 05:31 PM

I agree with this. It would make more sense and it's definitely a more plausible reason for why the story would need to continue with Connor. I guess, we'll just have to wait and see which direction they take ACIV.

I was trying to be logical in explaining that Saga and Trilogy could mean different things and I also based these on imo, logical assumptions.

Yeah, I know, and your explanation is logical to me, at least. :) I just hope everyone else won't misinterpret that. :P

Thank you. :) That's good to know.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:31 PM

We have just come to a natural conclusion that Connor deserves a Sequel! ;)

But what about another Edward game? He died when he was 42 but AC4 starts at 1713-1715 (1715 when he gets the Jackdaw). This means he is around 20 at the start of AC4. He could very well have another game depending on how much of his life we see in AC4.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Thank you. :) That's good to know.
No problem! :) *hugs*

But what about another Edward game? He died when he was 42 but AC4 starts at 1713-1715 (1715 when he gets the Jackdaw). This means he is around 20 at the start of AC4. He could very well have another game depending on how much of his life we see in AC4.
Honestly the events in Edward's life can be dealt with in one game, he's already approaching middle age in AC4.

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 05:35 PM
No problem! :) *hugs*

*hugs back* :)

I'm happy with another Edward game even if I don't know much about him. :) All this marketing of Edward has just won me over. ;) However, I thought they said that ACIV would focus on all of Edward's story. :confused:

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Honestly the events in Edward's life can be dealt with in one game, he's already approaching middle age in AC4.

But what makes you think that Assassin's have to be Assassin's until they are middle aged? What if Connor settled down with Dobby after AC3? His war was fought in AC3 and there is no speculation leading to another game with him. Connor is 28 at the end of AC3, imo he went through a lot of crap in AC3 that I would rather see him just settle down as a Character.

This what I found kinda sad about Altair and Ezio. They wasted their lives, Ezio knew his life's purpose was to just be a conduit and nothing more.

I'm happy with another Edward game even if I don't know much about him. :) All this marketing of Edward has just won me over. ;) However, I thought they said that ACIV would focus on all of Edward's story. :confused:

I don't remember hearing that?

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 05:45 PM
I have insider info that the next AC after AC4 is gonna be a Connor sequel.

Nah just kidding xD

Or am I??

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:49 PM
But what makes you think that Assassin's have to be Assassin's until they are middle aged? What if Connor settled down with Dobby after AC3? His war was fought in AC3 and there is no speculation leading to another game with him. Connor is 28 at the end of AC3, imo he went through a lot of crap in AC3 that I would rather see him just settle down as a Character.

This what I found kinda sad about Altair and Ezio. They wasted their lives, Ezio knew his life's purpose was to just be a conduit and nothing more.
I'm not saying that the game is obviously set when Edward is in his 40s.

Eww Dobby, Connor deserves more than than Dobby is a cougar! *shudders*

Connor is 27 a young man with a life ahead of him at the end of AC3, I want to see more of his story.

Well at least we got to see Altair & Ezio's life unlike Conner!

I have insider info that the next AC after AC4 is gonna be a Connor sequel.

Nah just kidding xD

Or am I??
;)

You have a point there..

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Maybe Connor likes a cougar - they could create a dreamy bronzed Irishman/woman. ^

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Maybe Connor likes a cougar - they could create a dreamy bronzed Irishman/woman. ^
I disapprove! 27 yr old man deserves to go and fool around with hot women his age. ;)

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 05:53 PM
;)

You have a point there..

I have more than a point, people may think its all crazy rambling, but take screenshots of this page and when a year later you all are dancing with joy, remember me as your Foreteller and Prophet.

Or maybe I'm just making it up for ****s and giggles.

I disapprove! 27 yr old man deserves to go and fool around with hot women his age. ;)

But what if he wants to fool around with hot women of twice his age? :|

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 05:56 PM

Connor is to good a gentleman to do that.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Connor is 27 a young man with a life ahead of him at the end of AC3, I want to see more of his story.

And that is my point, he is young. Why do you want him to waste his life? He became an Assassin to protect his people, he spent years doing that, ultimately failed. His whole life in AC3 was tragic. He should just settle.

There was no indication that there would be another Connor game either. In AC2 you could kinda tell there would be another Ezio game due to the ending. AC:R you couldnt see coming as it was supposed to be a a spin off DS game.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 05:57 PM

He interpreted that shove from Achilles as "don't look at women of your age Connor!"

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 05:58 PM
I have more than a point, people may think its all crazy rambling, but take screenshots of this page and when a year later you all are dancing with joy, remember me as your Foreteller and Prophet.

Or maybe I'm just making it up for ****s and giggles.

But what if he wants to fool around with hot women of twice his age? :|
Honestly, I don't see you as the crazy rambling type! :)

Show me these screen caps you are talking about, I must see them! PM me ;)

Nah I don't see Connor getting w/ Dobby.. Connor at that moment after she said "First CRACK" Connor then didn't understand what she meant. ;)

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Connor is an Assassin on the streets, Ratonhnhaké:ton in the sheets! ;)
W/ His powers in the sheets! <3

​Don't ask me how I know, I just know this! ;) *cough* experience *cough*

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Connor at that moment after she said "First CRACK" Connor then didn't understand what she meant. ;)

He didnt know what a Handshake was either

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't remember hearing that?

Pac, I honestly have no idea :confused: and I'm just too tired to figure it out right now. >_<

I thought it was perhaps mentioned when they talked about the game's timespan. Then, I was almost certain there was an article about that...

However, maybe I imagined that or maybe I didn't...? Who knows... Lol, I certainly don't know right now. :p

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Pac, I honestly have no idea :confused: and I'm just too tired to figure it out right now. >_<

I thought it was perhaps mentioned when they talked about the game's timespan. Then, I was almost certain there was an article about that...

However, maybe I imagined that or maybe I didn't...? Who knows... Lol, I certainly don't know right now. :p

It's okay, but you know how I like my sources!

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 06:31 PM
It's okay, but you know how I like my sources!

Trust me, I know. :p Well, if I happen upon one at some point, I will let you know.

ze_topazio
09-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Connor marries Myriam after Norris tragic death.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
There was no indication that there would be another Connor game either. In AC2 you could kinda tell there would be another Ezio game due to the ending. AC:R you couldnt see coming as it was supposed to be a a spin off DS game.To me the AC2 ending felt like they changed it last second to allow Brotherhood to happen lol.

ze_topazio
09-21-2013, 06:57 PM
I heard they had to cut Rome and Cesare from AC2 do to lack of time, since the game turn out popular enough they made a sequel with that.

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Connor is an Assassin on the streets, Ratonhnhaké:ton in the sheets! ;)
W/ His powers in the sheets! <3

​Don't ask me how I know, I just know this! ;) *cough* experience *cough*

Lucid dreaming eh? I wish I could experience that - I want a go at Ellen's mugs.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I heard they had to cut Rome and Cesare from AC2 do to lack of time, since the game turn out popular enough they made a sequel with that.Think I read it somewhere, and that it was at first a DLC then turned into full game. In any case, it's rather obvious neither Brotherhood or Rev 2+ years offb developement, I mean, Rev was announced just 1.5 years before it got released as... DS game lol :p Which is why I'm a very surpicious with the constant mentions of "we've been developing Black Flag for years and years!".

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Think I read it somewhere, and that it was at first a DLC then turned into full game. In any case, it's rather obvious neither Brotherhood or Rev 2+ years offb developement, I mean, Rev was announced just 1.5 years before it got released as... DS game lol :p Which is why I'm a very surpicious with the constant mentions of "we've been developing Black Flag for years and years!".

Yeah, but BF's world is honestly quite large compared to Brotherhood and Revelation's. Maybe even AC3's? If they can do that in a year then I'm impressed at their efficiency!

Hans684
09-21-2013, 07:10 PM
To me the AC2 ending felt like they changed it last second to allow Brotherhood to happen lol.

Should have made ACB & ACR one game.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 07:11 PM

That would have felt hella disjointed with a ten-years-gap-doing-nothing in between.

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Lucid dreaming eh? I wish I could experience that - I want a go at Ellen's mugs.
Yes Lucid dreaming indeed! ;)

All I can say is Lucid dreaming takes practice, you'll get there.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah, but BF's world is honestly quite large compared to Brotherhood and Revelation's. Maybe even AC3's? If they can do that in a year then I'm impressed at their efficiency!Then again, a LOT of that is thanks to tons of... water xP
I actually wonder if the whole expanded ship stuff in AC4 will backfire. I mean, what's the chance they're gonna keep the ship part forever in AC5, 6, 7 etc? At soms point the will have to drop it and without it, it may feel like the game shrunk

Or... take a year/two break. To which Ubisoft would answer "What?! Blasphemy!".

Shahkulu101
09-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes Lucid dreaming indeed! ;)

All I can say is Lucid dreaming takes practice, you'll get there.

Well I had sleep paralysis 3 times in a row last night - tried to start lucid dreaming but it didn't happen.

I-Like-Pie45
09-21-2013, 08:07 PM
I once knew when I had a ***** when I was dreaming

STDlyMcStudpants
09-21-2013, 08:31 PM
I hope not. AC V is next..I want it to be GOTY worthy..that being said, i dont want to see it until 2015 or 2016 at least
But we are supposed to have the Kenway trilogy, I hope next is an Assassins Origin story that we play as Connor reliving Edwards memories like Ezio and Altair in ACR
BUT!!!!!! We could be getting a full blown Haytham Kenway story....we arent necessarily following assassins..we are following the pieces of eden....But people probably would cry about haymitch not being an assassin lol

STDlyMcStudpants
09-21-2013, 08:34 PM
That would have felt hella disjointed with a ten-years-gap-doing-nothing in between.

How aresome would Ezios trilogy be as a single game though? 90 hours long...they could of squeezed a few short sequences inside to make the transition...
See his entire life unfold in one game..i would of loved that :D

Hans684
09-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Then again, a LOT of that is thanks to tons of... water xP
I actually wonder if the whole expanded ship stuff in AC4 will backfire. I mean, what's the chance they're gonna keep the ship part forever in AC5, 6, 7 etc? At soms point the will have to drop it and without it, it may feel like the game shrunk

Or... take a year/two break. To which Ubisoft would answer "What?! Blasphemy!".

-_- Had they made ACB & ACR one game we could one year break after it or after AC2.