PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Wars Twitch Reveal - Friday 20th & Tuesday 24th

Aza404
09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Dear Champions,

We will be hosting a huge Twitch reveal this Friday and next Tuesday during our Team Stream from 4 to 6 pm UK time!

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1236759_635675289786997_1770840920_n.png

Sept 20th
Stream activity Forgotten Wars (4 to 6pm UK time or 11h to 13h EST):

Introduction (Aza404 et SpaceElephant) (5 min)
Interview Stephane (15 min)
Interview SimonV – Goal of the extension/Background story (20min)
Academy Cards tour with SimonV (45min)
Matrix.disc guest player comments + questions (15min)
Altar of Wishes Tour with Jared (5 – 10 min)
Some duels + Q & As (15 – 20 minutes)

Sept 24th (4 to 6pm UK time or 11h to 13h EST)

Other factions reveal :
Introduction (Aza404 et SpaceElephant) (5 min)
Other faction cards tour - with guests (40min)
Art Direction / artworks tour >> Dan Vargas (15 min)
Other players comments + interviews : Rancord, Enclase, etc (20 min)
Jason’s comments + Road to Paris (15min)
Q & A

But before we start, please give us all your questions for our different guests below so we can ask them during the stream!
And make sure you subscribe to our Twitch channel here (http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions) to get all the latest news and to be notified when we go online ;)

PS: if you have missed Part 1, it's all here on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SANxNPUgHu4

trupiciel
09-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to asking a few questions related to beard growing! :D

Robchulan
09-18-2013, 10:28 AM
and release on sept. 30th ? ;)

the new expansion seems to be complete and ready to launch :))

pwnpoints
09-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I've a question for Stephane Jankowski. By now, we're certainly aware that debugging, bug fixing and network administration aren't amongst Ubisoft's strongest suits. Will this picture change post-expansion, if so, how?

LurifaxB
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Question: In the design of the new expansion, have you taken into account the negative impact on player experience that stall decks have on opponent - specifically not being able to play cards unless you draw a specific anti card? If you have, have you play tested this thoroughly? Last expansion proclaimed the death of stall decks but they seem more dominating at high TELO now than before. And with altar of wished (a good thing!) People can easily get their hands on needed cards like throne of renewal.

bustio
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
In which stream are the magic cards presented? :)

Evil_Nuff
09-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Question: What steps are being taken to address the client and server stability problems and bugs? Swiss tournaments are unplayable at the current time can we expect that to change with the expansion?

Also will the stream be recorded so unfortunates like me stuck at work can watch later?

Aza404
09-18-2013, 01:56 PM
In which stream are the magic cards presented? :)

In the second stream :)

MamuzShah
09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Herald of the void was released about 4 months ago.
1 ) Do you plan to release new extension each 4 months ?
2 ) This new set of cards includes a new faction. Can we hope for a new faction each 2 sets ?

AbisalAeneas
09-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi! My questions:
After Forgotten Wars, is supposed to be a second basics set and a new set (fourth set).
-How is going to change the modes of game? Is going to be Duels/Swiss/Jackpot in "Legacy" and the cicle mode?
-He second basic set will introduce new cards, rebalancing of the current cards o just new arts?

Atisdai
09-18-2013, 11:02 PM
-Any plans to revisit the currently existing Heroes and bring them more in line with the newer ones?
-Are there going to be more regular balancing and bugfixing patches in the future?

makastory
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Great news! I'll be there very attentive to new information

Revelataen
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi!
Q1: Are You still going to support e-sport in this game and if there will be some tournaments except Road2Paris? Ofc, we know that there's Aza Cup, Players Competitions but some kind of league or more smaller official tournaments would be great ;)
Q2: What exactly new engine will feature? (e.g. more stable client or sth similliar?)
Q3: What do You think about 'mixed faction heroes' who can use mixed creatures from 2 different factions? Ofc, they need to have some kind of drawback to balance them. I know that You have lots of work with others problems now, guys but think about that in future :) I think it's possible to do this without changing Ashan lore at all and it could bring some new, crazy strategies :)
Q4: Are You going to add some more animations to cards in future? When they are played or attacks or sth like that.
Q5: What exactly "new basic set" means? ;]

It's all. Thank You :)

Air2Ground
09-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi,

1. Are you planning on any new tournament formats? Swiss and jackpot are great but some more variety would be good. Oh and is the player base large enough yet to have swiss and jackpot running at the same time?
2. Can you **please** do something about the size of the interface on large resolution monitors?? It only takes up about a quarter of the screen!

That's it, keep up the excellent work guys!

ManlyMantonio
09-19-2013, 06:59 PM
-Will we see cards shared between multiple decks in this expansion? IMO, this is still the single biggest issue holding the game back.

-With new Unique creatures incoming, will Unique creature recycling be changed to mirror Unique spell/fortune recycling? In other words, will cards be changed to have restrictions upon them, such as "target any non-Unique creature"? It feels disjointed currently with Unique creatures being treated differently from Unique spells/fortunes.

hathep
09-19-2013, 10:52 PM
My question:
Are players that already bought and opened a lot of packs going to receive any wild cards ?

Frrfrr
09-19-2013, 11:40 PM
i got question for Matrix.disc:
how do you see still the topic you started with the curent view?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749083-No-it-is-not-good-now-We-need-change-to-keep-us-engaged!?highlight=matrix.disc
i am just curious, i have seen you twitching some attari graphic style game after this and you never commented it after, just started to organise tournaments and devote yourself to some non playing activities ... i am sorry if i have misunderstood something
i also want to know how do you like the situation with the ingame swiss bugs
do you hink new expansion will solve many issues you mantioned or ... the view is now different?
thanks
havea nice day!

marco7412
09-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Are you planning to arrange tournaments (swiss, jackpot) by elo or levels?
As things are now, low/middle elo players will stay away from tournaments because the chance to win is too low. So these player are loosing a big percent of the content.

If there are tournaments for elo/levels range, more people will attend to tournaments and have more fun with DoC.

You can plan tournaments for elo<1001 or level<30 (and, obviously, with lower awards).
I think this is a great way, with a minumim effort, to add great content (and fun) to low/middle level players.

NorsemanXXI
09-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Question for game designers SimonV and Jared, after the single acquisition system, is my personal opinion that the next biggest flaw in the game is the lack of a limited (non-constructed) format, I think it's something essential in a CCG, so my question is:

Will that be your next biggest priority and do you have that in mind when you choose the rarities of each new card ?

OhiraKyou
09-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Is it just me, or does Jared Pearson look a bit like Pao Deathseeker? That's kinda' cool.

Also, what's the probability of getting a wildcard from reinforcement packs purchased with gold (both when opening and upon purchase)? Oh, and do boxes only give one wildcard upon purchase with seals in addition to the chances upon opening the individual packs?

Infernal_Wisdom
09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
My question:
Are players that already bought and opened a lot of packs going to receive any wild cards ?

This is a good question, because new players are able to farm seals easier than levelled players, I am 200+ level, yet I miss many important epics, for instance I have no caller of the void or I miss 2 throne of renewals etc..., so it is not easy for players like me to farm seals, it would be great if devs provide some justice

hubin23
09-20-2013, 01:30 PM
This is a good question, because new players are able to farm seals easier than levelled players, I am 200+ level, yet I miss many important epics, for instance I have no caller of the void or I miss 2 throne of renewals etc..., so it is not easy for players like me to farm seals, it would be great if devs provide some justice

On the other hand, we already have a huge lead over new players with our card library and all the time-limited promo codes. I guess it is fair that new players can catch up a bit through such a system.

Banehollow89
09-20-2013, 01:34 PM
On the other hand, we already have a huge lead over new players with our card library and all the time-limited promo codes. I guess it is fair that new players can catch up a bit through such a system.
This. Also, we can make a lot of great decks that can win swiss tournaments which also give you wildcards, while new players can't do that.

Aza404
09-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all the great questions!
I'll be asking a bunch of them today... and don't forget that, if you have a question that did not get an answer or think of something else during the stream, you can always ask them here for Part #2 of the reveal on Tuesday =)

Best,
Aza

sonicgarbage
09-20-2013, 04:03 PM
It's time! Right? 11AM EST? Let's do this!

DinstanoMESO
09-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Did anyone screenshot these? I was late, and missed most of them.

Qiro
09-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Did anyone screenshot these? I was late, and missed most of them.

No Problem, Dude - it'll be postet on their youtube channel in full lenght :cool:

Was really interisting - just the MASS of "giev code comments" and all the spamming in the chat kind of sucked.

Great Art and a funny match - i'm looking forward to tuesday!

DinstanoMESO
09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Indeed a funny match, I'm already in love with the Shantiri Titans :D

Atisdai
09-20-2013, 07:28 PM
I haven't been able to watch it, but I'm curious what questions have been answered?
Also, any date for the release of the new expansion given?

sonicgarbage
09-20-2013, 07:39 PM
By the end of the month. I'd wager anywhere between September 24th and the 30th.

Penas2011
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Some crazy creatures from Academy...

Bazaltovy
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
(...) just the MASS of "giev code comments" and all the spamming in the chat kind of sucked.

That's why I fullscreened the stream :D
The presentation was really nice, it was great to see Simon talking about the heroes' mutual relationship etc.. It brought a lot to the storyline, which actually shapes up and turns out to be highly enjoyable. :) Jared's, Stephane's and Emile's cameos were also welcomed from my point, of course!

The cards are astounding! Can't wait to use them. They will force players to think vastly differently. This kind of reinventing the game will keep it fresh and interesting with time, because there still will be something to learn.

Also, after the official stream, Matrix.disc streamed his commentary, which was top-notch, professional and reasonable. Big thumbs up. So good I'm not working this Tuesday, I'll be able to join during the second part of revealing the FW mysteries. :)

Aza404
09-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for watching! It was great to have you all with us.
I'll be uploading it to Youtube very soon, but until then, here's the link to the Twitch highlight video ;)
http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/c/2964652

Enjoy!
Aza

PS: don't forget to send in your questions for next week!

PPS: Youtube here!

Urthel
09-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Question for next week. When they will make draft system?

AmineM2
09-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Any chance for Sealed Deck format? I like it much more then Draft.

DoctorDevil
09-21-2013, 03:56 AM
Q1: Any thoughts about the Heartstone Arena gametype? Do you plan anything similiar for DoC?
Q2: Any plans regarding the Infernal Pit? Even now it's quite useless, due to the small amounts of gold and not really good cards
Q3: What about new Achievments? Will there be any?

AscendoO
09-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Q1: Any thoughts about the Heartstone Arena gametype? Do you plan anything similiar for DoC?
Q2: Any plans regarding the Infernal Pit? Even now it's quite useless, due to the small amounts of gold and not really good cards
Q3: What about new Achievments? Will there be any?

I assume there will be a lot of new archievements since the new heros for the current factions are archievement based and the altar of wishes is somewhat archievement based as well.
I hope we will get a preview of the new archievement tuesday aswell.

El_Bokutal
09-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Awesome creatures,
Nice Heroes
Interresting mechanics (not considering balance so far)

But unless I missed something absolutely nothing to increase fortune dealing capacity and some creature that can only be dealt with by spells.
So, I'm affraid we're on for more stall/lock/SP decks and heavy magic decks.

QQing ain't over....

pwnpoints
09-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for watching! It was great to have you all with us.
I'll be uploading it to Youtube very soon, but until then, here's the link to the Twitch highlight video ;)
http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/c/2964652

Enjoy!
Aza

PS: don't forget to send in your questions for next week!

PPS: Youtube here!

I see you skipped my question for PR reasons, which is fine since you want to convey a certain image of your product. Here's the original(1) and paraphrased(2) version:

1- By now, we're certainly aware that debugging, bug fixing and network administration aren't amongst Ubisoft's strongest suits. Will this picture change post-expansion, if so, how?

2- You have truly spoiled us with your impeccable standards of security, stability and performance. Will this trend continue post-expansion?

bustio
09-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Awesome creatures,
Nice Heroes
Interresting mechanics (not considering balance so far)

But unless I missed something absolutely nothing to increase fortune dealing capacity and some creature that can only be dealt with by spells.
So, I'm affraid we're on for more stall/lock/SP decks and heavy magic decks.

QQing ain't over....

Stall/otk relying on stone shield will be owned by the spellstealer new creature :)
Besides this is only the academies reveal im sur a few more tools are to come in tuesday reveal.

Banehollow89
09-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Stall/otk relying on stone shield will be owned by the spellstealer new creature :)
Besides this is only the academies reveal im sur a few more tools are to come in tuesday reveal.

Actually, I think that whole Academy is revealed and that they will reveal cards from other factions and spells in Tuesday.

I don't know what to think, some of the stuff is really really strong, some of the cards are so-so. They look like fun faction for sure, but also very annoying to play against. What I really dislike is so much milling just from one faction... A lot of creatures, abilities and fortunes discards something from your Library...

Slww9278
09-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Question :
When playing creatures deck, second player often has the advantage over first player. Is there any plan to balance it a bit ?
For example :
- design more powerful 1 ressource cards to be played first turn
- give an additional card to first player
- give an additional ressource to first player just for first turn (like a free gold pile)
- give more mulligans to first player (so that he is more likely to get some 1 ressource cards)

ManlyMantonio
09-21-2013, 05:59 PM
-Will we see cards shared between multiple decks in this expansion? IMO, this is still the single biggest issue holding the game back.

-With new Unique creatures incoming, will Unique creature recycling be changed to mirror Unique spell/fortune recycling? In other words, will cards be changed to have restrictions upon them, such as "target any non-Unique creature"? It feels disjointed currently with Unique creatures being treated differently from Unique spells/fortunes.

-Will all heroes have ways to deal with ongoing spells and fortunes? Currently, there are a number of heroes that have literally zero options to remove an ongoing spell or fortune once it is played.

Tavesa
09-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Actually, I think that whole Academy is revealed and that they will reveal cards from other factions and spells in Tuesday.

I don't know what to think, some of the stuff is really really strong, some of the cards are so-so. They look like fun faction for sure, but also very annoying to play against. What I really dislike is so much milling just from one faction... A lot of creatures, abilities and fortunes discards something from your Library...

The first player has the advantage of an additional Might/Magic/Fortune level. So that player gets an advantage, because he is more flexible in playing non-creature cards in the early turns.

Necropher
09-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Any news about anti-farmer system or something like 'if u surrender more than 3 times you can not lose elo' or matchmaking by level.
I think it will prevent for new players have a bad gaming experience.

M0rw47h
09-21-2013, 06:43 PM

-Will all heroes have ways to deal with ongoing spells and fortunes? Currently, there are a number of heroes that have literally zero options to remove an ongoing spell or fortune once it is played.

Not all creature-spell decks can counter fortunes with spells. However, you can play fortunes outside of stall decks.

Storm_dragoon
09-22-2013, 12:16 AM
What will be the price of the new set when it is released and will you be dropping the price of the previous sets?

Psychobabble.au
09-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Could I please suggest that next time you do a reveal, the developer talks about the cards instead of Aza? Aza was seeing the cards for the first time and made numerous errors in his discussion, plus from a viewer's perspective we're more interested in hearing the insights from the guy who's been involved with these cards and expansion for months rather than the person seeing them for the first time.

Also, is there any chance of getting a full text spoiler up anywhere, or an official card image gallery?

Thanks for this though, it's great insight!

Bazaltovy
09-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd like to see the achievements, please. ;)

ElkazFATE
09-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Any plans about replay system? I saw better in 1999:)

Durajczyk
09-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Could I please suggest that next time you do a reveal, the developer talks about the cards instead of Aza? Aza was seeing the cards for the first time and made numerous errors in his discussion, plus from a viewer's perspective we're more interested in hearing the insights from the guy who's been involved with these cards and expansion for months rather than the person seeing them for the first time.

Also, is there any chance of getting a full text spoiler up anywhere, or an official card image gallery?

Thanks for this though, it's great insight!

It's Aza's fault like always! XD

KingSp00n
09-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I see you skipped my question for PR reasons, which is fine since you want to convey a certain image of your product. Here's the original(1) and paraphrased(2) version:

1- By now, we're certainly aware that debugging, bug fixing and network administration aren't amongst Ubisoft's strongest suits. Will this picture change post-expansion, if so, how?

2- You have truly spoiled us with your impeccable standards of security, stability and performance. Will this trend continue post-expansion?
Hahaha :D

ulpsz
09-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I was very dissapointd at first ..academy looked so imbalanced ..not OP just grossly imbalanced...

I did watch matrixs stream after though and people straightened me out ..

only thing I still don't like, is the mill concept ..to me it seems rather stupid...this game should feel like playing HOMM not another mtg like card game, with a little HOMM flavor..and I see it slowly drifting away from the initial concept that appealed to me so much...

otherwise ..the streem semed to be done in a rush...only thing about it was the revealing of the cards..nothing got thoroughly explained..and the single use code handing over was a totally idiotic idea..

the streams made by players after were VERY MUCH BETETR (of course they had no deadline , and could take their time but still...)

ManlyMantonio
09-22-2013, 09:09 PM

This is funny. :)

Storm_dragoon
09-22-2013, 11:19 PM
I think it would be really cool if you could do the update for the new expansion during the reveal this tuesday. That way people will have something to do while they are waiting for the game to update.

OhiraKyou
09-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Will Emilio's Pack be updated?

ChocoJel
09-23-2013, 01:53 PM
As things are now, low/middle elo players will stay away from tournaments because the chance to win is too low. So these player are loosing a big percent of the content.

If there are tournaments for elo/levels range, more people will attend to tournaments and have more fun with DoC.

You can plan tournaments for elo<1001 or level<30 (and, obviously, with lower awards).
I think this is a great way, with a minumim effort, to add great content (and fun) to low/middle level players.

I think there is enough people lowering their ELO on purpose already...

sonicgarbage
09-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Question about Base Set 2.

As I understand from the video, Base Set 2 will be mostly a rearranging of the existing cards into a new set, primarily target to new players. But what affect will this have on veteran players? Will my Base Set 1 cards still be useable in Jackpot Tournaments, Swisses and Ranked Duels? Or will I need to get the Base Set 2 versions?

Elementalist.
09-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Two questions from me, one of which is easy to guess ;)

- Will this addon boost heroes with a weak special like Acamas, Kieran, Siegfried, Jezziel to name a few? Are you aware that only a small part of the hero pool is useful or even competitive in the meta?

- Are you considering to improve the game's terrible matchmaking(1500 players face 1000+ players half the time) or give people an incentive to climb in higher elo instead of dropping low to farm gold/xp?

Pjovejas
09-23-2013, 07:10 PM
never mind...

NagiShaman
09-23-2013, 09:17 PM
they should improve elo gain/lose system, its annoying to win 10games and gain aroud 60 elo then lose 1 duel and lose 30-35 elo...

Frrfrr
09-24-2013, 10:02 AM

they skipped also my questions and i think dont expect any answers on that
i can answer you the way their support would answer you
"our target is to submit and provide with the all best experience for the players for our product. be sure if there is a problem we are working hard to remove any bugs or problems. on the other hand be sure this work is very detail and needs a lot of time and concentrations, therefore, dont expect any immediate improvement, however, be sure we are working hard to remove any bugs or problems."

Hrothgar26
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Hello!

What i didnt understand on card change System: Do i get these wildcards additional to the normal cards or instead of other Cards?
If its instead of other Cards, i actually dont get my Cards much faster ...

I need to pay 16 Wildcards for a Wolf Captain (Need 3).
There is a CHANCE to get a Wildcard in evry Pack.
So if i have very much luck after 20 Packs, i can get a Wolf Captain.

BUT: When i get these Wildcards instead of normal Cards, i pay for this Wolf Captain 16 Times with the Chance to draw it by myself?!
If its not instead i dont have sayd anything, but if it is, this whole System is cheating on us and not helpful. Bling bling fot nothing.

bouliaccity
09-24-2013, 12:25 PM
question :

some wild card will be give to people who are lvl 100 and more ? can we have wild card trought each lvl ?

Ramymanify
09-24-2013, 12:31 PM
I am new to the forums but I am not new to the game and I had a question

If the Altar of wishes is going to solve the problem of acquiring single cards then wouldn't it be a bit bizarre to put the same cards from the achievements in the altar of wishes
I mean Phrias for example is an achievement only card, if they put that card in the altar what is the point of having it as an achievement card to begin with

same goes for new cards (heroes of the pre-existing factions)
someone mentioned that they are an achievement only card

yet I could see them in the card pool of the altar in the interview with Jared last friday

perhaps I am mistaken but if I'm not I want to clarify this issue

Another question is whether or not the prices of the new box sets will change
if the same number of cards in a box is going to remain the same wouldn't it be a bit off to increase the cost of the over all set

Herald also had 120 cards a box since it contained 10 packs of the expansion and it cost 1400 seals
why should FW be any different ?

Thank you in advance

Banehollow89
09-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Hello!

What i didnt understand on card change System: Do i get these wildcards additional to the normal cards or instead of other Cards?
If its instead of other Cards, i actually dont get my Cards much faster ...

I need to pay 16 Wildcards for a Wolf Captain (Need 3).
There is a CHANCE to get a Wildcard in evry Pack.
So if i have very much luck after 20 Packs, i can get a Wolf Captain.

BUT: When i get these Wildcards instead of normal Cards, i pay for this Wolf Captain 16 Times with the Chance to draw it by myself?!
If its not instead i dont have sayd anything, but if it is, this whole System is cheating on us and not helpful. Bling bling fot nothing.
It isn't instead, it is addition to the cards. Actually the whole confusion is made because they are called "wildcards", they should be called Crystals, Gems, Diamonds, or some other type of resources. So, when you buy a pack with gold, you have a chance to get 1 Crystal(wildcard) with it. And when you buy it for seals, you will get 1 Crystal(wildcard) for sure, and when you buy Box, you will probably get around 10 wildcards, because every Box has 10 packs. That is about it.

I am new to the forums but I am not new to the game and I had a question

If the Altar of wishes is going to solve the problem of acquiring single cards then wouldn't it be a bit bizarre to put the same cards from the achievements in the altar of wishes
I mean Phrias for example is an achievement only card, if they put that card in the altar what is the point of having it as an achievement card to begin with

I am pretty sure you won't be able to get achievement cards through the Altar of Wishes.

Aegon82
09-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Any way of watching the stream now?

zenithale
09-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Past broadcasts are here : http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/profile/pastBroadcasts

LQDBrunt
09-24-2013, 08:37 PM
This

Actually the whole confusion is made because they are called "wildcards", they should be called Crystals, Gems, Diamonds, or some other type of resources.
I have talked with several players and they all find it strange for this feature to be called "Wildcards".
"Wildcard" doesn't substitute any other card. It's not a real card playing at all.
It certainly isn't invitation to a tournament.
It is a currency you earn by playing the game and buying packs, very much like seals and gold, and i don't understand why more appropriate name wasn't chosen.

Aegon82
09-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Past broadcasts are here : http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/profile/pastBroadcasts

Thanks!

DoctorDevil
09-24-2013, 10:17 PM
All of you people whining about the term "wildcards", should check its meaning first. Ubi didn't invent that word, they just used a term existing already in telecommunication and computing. Check wikipedia out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_character):

a wildcard is a character that may be substituted for any of a defined subset of all possible characters

So the name fits perfectly.

Banehollow89
09-24-2013, 10:46 PM
All of you people whining about the term "wildcards", should check its meaning first. Ubi didn't invent that word, they just used a term existing already in telecommunication and computing. Check wikipedia out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_character):

So the name fits perfectly.
I am pretty sure that they have their reasons why they did name it wildcard. Point is, those "wildcards" looks like a crystals, so I don't really see the point in naming them wildcards, why not something else...?

It just sounds confusing.

Pulpeiro
09-24-2013, 11:57 PM

I think there is enough people lowering their ELO on purpose already...

We suggested this before. Tournaments by level are fair and no one can low his level like ELO. I never play tournaments, I can't win. Please, think in average players too.

Quutar
09-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Yeah doing it by level is the way to go instead of elo cause of the obvious problems with it.
But make it so that there are different tournament tiers, you can always join up on higher ones but never on lower ones if your level is higher than the maximum allowed.

So level 10 player could join all the tournaments, including the bigger ones with bigger rewards if he wants but level 100 couldn't join the low level tournaments.

Aza404
09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Hiya,

You can watch the replays on Youtube here:
Part 2 (episode 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcc2f9lnuw0
Part 2 (episode 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi7OZdBnTyg

Enjoy ;)
Aza and the Doc Team

VampFury
09-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Thx Aza :) Can't wait... only few hours more!