PDA

View Full Version : AC : R on Steam, stucked in loading screen

grakzul
09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Hello

I just bought AC: Revelations on Steam.
I installed the game and was able to play but suddenly, during a loading screen, I realized that I was stucked (in the ANimus-like loading screen, when you can run or try some trainings).
The loading never ends, nor can I try a training. I cannot leave the game either, all that I can do is a stupid Ctrl-Alt-Del and leave the game.

Please, is there anything I can do ? Needless to say, I restarted my PC, launched the game but when I load my save, I go back to this fu**** loading screen and stay stucked forever.

Thank you for your help

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Have you contacted Steam support - or - Ubisoft Support?

www.support.ubi.com

Support are there to help with game issues such as this.

enduringstone
09-18-2013, 12:28 AM
hey grakzul, did anyone ever get back to you about this? i'm having the same problem. i already submitted a help request on the support site, but i'd just as soon fix the problem myself.

grakzul
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM
I got no answers, this problem is not related to Steam as far as I know, because some console players had the same issues.
APpparently this is cloud-related...yeah
I hope the support will help me but I doubt it.

enduringstone
09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
i tried running the launcher in offline mode but that did not seem to help. best of luck to both of us with ubi support.

adventurewomen
09-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Maybe you could try to update your graphics drivers.

grakzul
09-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Maybe you could try to update your graphics drivers.

I just updated, without result. My guess is that there was a sync problem (with the cloud) at the exact same moment my game was being saved, so the save file is now corrupted.
Enduringstone, what you mean is that you launched the game in offline mode but your save was still broken ?
I think I will have to start again from the beginning and it pisses me off but I will never play online again.
By the way , with my lasts Ubi games (Far cry 3, Heroes VI) I always HAD such problems with the online features. Don't want to be rude, but hey, I'm seriously considering to stop buying Uplay games. I'm sure cracked versions work better...

Sdwakias
09-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I just updated, without result. My guess is that there was a sync problem (with the cloud) at the exact same moment my game was being saved, so the save file is now corrupted.
Enduringstone, what you mean is that you launched the game in offline mode but your save was still broken ?
I think I will have to start again from the beginning and it pisses me off but I will never play online again.
By the way , with my lasts Ubi games (Far cry 3, Heroes VI) I always HAD such problems with the online features. Don't want to be rude, but hey, I'm seriously considering to stop buying Uplay games. I'm sure cracked versions work better...

No, they actually don't... I've lost saves from cracked games as well. And I am not talking about heavily modded games like Skyrim, but simple games. Even Biosoft Infinite caused me a problem and had to start a game all over again. Also, I never had a problem with UPlay, I did have with Steam though, but who cares? I can get games cheap, so I don't cry at all. Just to let you know, Steam has way more problems than UPlay and Origin together.

grakzul
09-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Well I guess this all just random, because I never had a single save problem with Steam, and I've got a decent bunch of games.
Anyway, today I had an answer from the Support who told me to update my sound and graphic drivers (they were 2 months old...) and to install some Windows 7 updates.
I mean, Ok this is nice, and I did what I was told, but it did not fix anything, as you expected.
On the other hand, I did some serious trouble in my PC with all those updates (I keeped some older versions because they were stable). I'm stiull waiting for their answer at the moment. But I wont be fooled, I know they won't be able to fix anything, so I'll have to start again - which i won't do before ages. I'm so sad, everything was so easier back a few years ago when NO cloud was ruining gamers" experience.

grakzul
09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh well I may have messed up a little more.
Yesterday I launched a new game just to check if everything was okay. Just after the beginning of the game, I've had exactly the same problem, during a save/loading, the game got blocked.
I've done some research and I decided to reinstall Uplay. I launched the game again to find out that my saves were deleted !?
The Assassin's Creed Revelation folder in My Documents is empty, excepted a .ini file... I thought my saves were synchornized in the cloud !
Please, tell me there is something I can do to bring them back...