PDA

View Full Version : Hood only in restricted zones?

rupok2
09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
This kind of sucks imo. Edward will only put on his hood in red/restricted areas of the map. I liked walking around town with my hood on. The hood makes you feel powerful and badass.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 12:36 AM
This kind of sucks imo. Edward will only put on his hood in red/restricted areas of the map. I liked walking around town with my hood on. The hood makes you feel powerful and badass.
They should just add hood toggle and let the players decide when/if they wanna wear it. All problems would beb solved.

rupok2
09-17-2013, 12:39 AM
They should just add hood toggle and let the players decide when/if they wanna wear it. All problems would beb solved.

Ya

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 12:43 AM
We already have a thread about hoods, honestly we don't need another:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/795510-Assassin-hood

tbh.

rupok2
09-17-2013, 12:48 AM
We already have a thread about hoods, honestly we don't need another:

tbh.

No one mentioned in that thread that hood up and down is based on restricted zones. I read that thread after making mine, its too late now.

prince162010
09-17-2013, 01:23 AM
I think he just put his hood down only when he's getting out from the enemy sight .... and to bring it up again he should go to a restricted areas

like what Ash said it's dynamically.

deskp
09-17-2013, 01:43 AM
The hood is like a burglar mask, you put it on while comitting crime, and take it off when you are done.. If you kept it on it would be much easier for the police to find you after.

I prefer dynamic hood to a forced hood. But it is a hood toggle we have been asking for. Atleast in freeroam after completing the story.

poptartz20
09-17-2013, 02:59 AM
why... oh why does a thread like this keep popping up!?

It's not that big of an issue is it? I mean don't get me wrong I think it would be nice too to have the option but ... I almost feel this hood topic is like the Holsters thread. haha.

rupok2
09-17-2013, 04:52 AM

It's not that big of an issue is it? I mean don't get me wrong I think it would be nice too to have the option but ... I almost feel this hood topic is like the Holsters thread. haha.

It kind of is an issue because they keep stripping away things that are symbolic to the assassins creed like the beaked hood and now it seems like the hood which has always been used as a marketing image for the game is nothing more than ski mask to hide their identity. I know its not realistic to wear a hood all the time but its the assassin uniform, it and the hidden blade define the assassin look.

They could have given us an option to toggle it or at least given us something in the menu like animus hacks to keep it on all the time.

pirate1802
09-17-2013, 04:57 AM
I for one think they should move away from the "hood for the sake of hood" mindset and bring in more diverse uniforms. Thats why I love Aveline's outfit. It doesnt contain any telltale assassin symbol, yet is very assassinlike.

poptartz20
09-17-2013, 08:01 AM
It kind of is an issue because they keep stripping away things that are symbolic to the assassins creed like the beaked hood and now it seems like the hood which has always been used as a marketing image for the game is nothing more than ski mask to hide their identity. I know its not realistic to wear a hood all the time but its the assassin uniform, it and the hidden blade define the assassin look.

They could have given us an option to toggle it or at least given us something in the menu like animus hacks to keep it on all the time.

Umm... as a fan of the series as well, honestly the hooded beak thing didn't bother me. I still don't care. (look at Aveline!) I could have sworn it was the hidden blade that was the most symbolic. Not the hood? Once that leaves then then yeah that's something wrong. Clothes are just clothes. It doesn't make the assassin!

Farlander1991
09-17-2013, 08:22 AM

Dude, this is a fan-base whose number #1 accumulative complaint about AC3 was "the hood is always down after completing the game". Hood is serious business. I don't think you should be surprised about that anymore :p

pirate1802
09-17-2013, 08:37 AM
What is the female equivalent of dude.. dudette? idk.

Farlander1991
09-17-2013, 08:43 AM
What is the female equivalent of dude.. dudette? idk.

poptartz is a dudette? >_< Now I feel embarrassed, sorry :/

dxsxhxcx
09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
source please?

I believe the hood will work in a similar way Aiden's mask seems to work on WD, when Edward finds some action he'll put his hood up and will take it off when he becomes incognito again...

ladyleonhart
09-17-2013, 11:09 AM

Only in restricted zones...? o_0 I didn't know that, but I guess it does add to the realism. However, I loved the hood and hope it stays. :) It's symbolic and it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Assassin's Creed along with the hidden blade. From the gameplay though, restricted zones do appear to be in the majority and Edward is a pirate after all. Then, maybe we won't notice it that much at all. ;)

I for one think they should move away from the "hood for the sake of hood" mindset and bring in more diverse uniforms. Thats why I love Aveline's outfit. It doesnt contain any telltale assassin symbol, yet is very assassinlike.

I loved Aveline's costume too. :) However, there was also a hood that could be equipped for those who preferred it, which you could buy from the in-game shop. I did like Aveline with the hat more than the hood though, but I love the hood on Altair, Ezio, and Connor and I will definitely only use costumes with the hood for Edward. :D Then perhaps there should be a choice, which would make everyone happy.

rupok2
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
source please?

I believe the hood will work in a similar way Aiden's mask seems to work on WD, when Edward finds some action he'll put his hood up and will take it off when he becomes incognito again...

Heres the source their pax prime panel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yVETGOXpk

At time 27:40

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 09:16 PM
I suggest posting this in the ongoing thread.. no need to make a new one and the information is useful to those who have posted in the original thread?