PDA

View Full Version : A patch for Assassins Creed 2 so that you can replay missions ?

DeadScoper
09-16-2013, 06:49 AM
I believe the assassins creed 2 deserves that patch because it has the most awesome missions. What do you guys think ?

pirate1802
09-16-2013, 06:54 AM
It would be awesome but chances of that happening is zilch.

phoenix-force411
09-16-2013, 06:54 AM
It's almost 5 years since AC II came out. Replaying missions was suppose to be in the final release, but it couldn't make it due to not enough time to test it. Bummer really, but there's no point in going back to fix old games. I doubt this can be fixed with a patch.

LightRey
09-16-2013, 07:27 AM
I just replay the entire game from time to time. ;)

phoenix-force411
09-16-2013, 07:32 AM
I just replay the entire game from time to time. ;)

Since I moved my stuff from my old PS3 to a new one, my ACII saves did not transfer. I've played through ACII many times, and now, I can't even play it much anymore because I kind of over did it, but it's always good to replay this game, because AC1, AC2, and ACR are the only games, in my opinion, that actually have really good replay value.

pirate1802
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
It's almost 5 years since AC II came out. Replaying missions was suppose to be in the final release, but it couldn't make it due to not enough time to test it. Bummer really, but there's no point in going back to fix old games. I doubt this can be fixed with a patch.

Your sig is awesome.

roostersrule2
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
I just replay the entire game from time to time. ;)I haven't in ages, I once replayed it straight after I finished it, I'm not sure why.

DeadScoper
09-16-2013, 08:53 AM

Its unfair because you can replay only the side missions,so why not the main missions ?

ze_topazio
09-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe when they remake the game for the 20th anniversary celebration.

adventurewomen
09-16-2013, 05:15 PM
A patch for AC2 would require extensive code to be re-written for the game, I honestly think a patch wouldn't be realistic at this time.

Maybe when they remake the game for the 20th anniversary celebration.
20? Haha

A 10th Anniversary would be more suitable and realistic time.

ze_topazio
09-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Assassin's Creed II Brovelations in 2019 will only happen if the series starts dying, i don't think that will happen in the next 6 years, but then who knows.

piewoe
05-28-2014, 09:50 PM
You know that's not a half bad idea. I've also been wondering about this alot. AC II is the only game in the series where main missions can't be replayed out of a menu or the dna database, and that's kind of a bummer because I still think AC II is the best in the series.

Since they already released so many versions of the game it wouldn't make sense to release a different version with the option of replaying missions so soon after its original release. What would make sense (and I'd be in heaven if they could pull it off) is to do a release of AC II on PSVITA (with replayable missions and maybe the 100% synch mechanic from brotherhood onwards) for its 10th anniversary!
They'd probably have to downscale to a degree, but AC II graphically isn't the best of the series. And in comparison, Iron Galaxy Studios managed to bring a downscaled version of Borderlands 2 (!!!!!!) to the vita, so it's not impossible to do!

Come on Ubi, make me and most other vita owners a happy crowd! Put money in your pocket. Come on now!

Locopells
05-29-2014, 12:32 AM
They'll probably do HD versions of all the old gen games eventually, and add in all the suff people have been asking for (subtitles and PC trophies in ACI, for example), but they're not gonna mess with it now.

Soulid_Snake
05-29-2014, 12:50 AM

Couldn't have put it any better myself. If Ubi support games, its usually in the first few months.

prince162010
05-29-2014, 12:53 AM
it's too late now

who-can-i-be
06-13-2014, 10:17 AM
I really, REALLY wish they would, especially because one of the trophies is completely miss-able otherwise (the Flying Machine one). Please Ubisoft? Please?

Farlander1991
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I really, REALLY wish they would, especially because one of the trophies is completely miss-able otherwise (the Flying Machine one).

There's a Flying Machine always available in Forli (granted, only if you've got the Battle of Forli DLC, but is there an AC2 edition nowadays that doesn't have it?), so the achievement can't be missed anymore.

If there's any kind of next-gen remaster, I wish they improve the replay feature (you can replay absolutely any mission with the exception of the story ones in AC2), but not sure if this is going to happen.

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 03:21 PM
I think itíll happen in 2017, perhaps when itís the 10th anniversary of the first AC. Theyíll probably remaster all AC games up till ACIII for PS4 and add trophies to AC1 and replay missions to AC2. *wishful thinking*

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Face it, Ubisoft are not super dedicated to supporting older games. Or even ones that were released last year. That's just how they operate.

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 11:09 PM
i’ve always thought that it doesn’t make sense to patch Trophies to AC1 or replay missions feature to AC2 later, but Metal Gear Solid received a Trophy patch 4 years after it’s release. So that kinda gave me hope that developers could get crazy and create something like that.

itssouparno
11-01-2016, 09:42 AM
i just replay the entire game from time to time. ;)

how?

HDinHB
11-01-2016, 03:44 PM
how?

I don't understand the question. You can replay AC2 by using one of the other save slots, deleting the save file if you've used all the slots already, or logging into your console with a different account.
Nice necro btw.

It is an interesting thread to resurrect now:

Assassin's Creed II Brovelations in 2019 will only happen if the series starts dying, i don't think that will happen in the next 6 years, but then who knows.

They'll probably do HD versions of all the old gen games eventually, and add in all the suff people have been asking for (subtitles and PC trophies in ACI, for example), but they're not gonna mess with it now.

I think itíll happen in 2017, perhaps when itís the 10th anniversary of the first AC. Theyíll probably remaster all AC games up till ACIII for PS4 and add trophies to AC1 and replay missions to AC2. *wishful thinking*

Couldn't have put it any better myself. If Ubi support games, its usually in the first few months.

I guess we still don't know if the new AC2 will have replayable memories.

http://i.imgur.com/opk4S1Y.png

DarkApprent2012
11-01-2016, 07:12 PM
I knew it! I am not the only one that wants that patch! However even i can feel that The Ezio Collection won't feature replayable memories...

ERICATHERINE
11-01-2016, 07:32 PM
I knew it! I am not the only one that wants that patch! However even i can feel that The Ezio Collection won't feature replayable memories...

Well, we will all be fixed the 15 November. That is if ubisoft don't confirms it, before the date. ^-^

m4r-k7
11-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Its been confirmed already :/ http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/the-ezio-collection-wont-fix-the-worst-thing-about-assassins-creed-ii/

HDinHB
11-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Its been confirmed already :/ http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/the-ezio-collection-wont-fix-the-worst-thing-about-assassins-creed-ii/

Well, that's disappointing, but not unexpected. Which, oddly enough is the same conclusion the article reached.

In an on the record statement from a representative, Ubisoft told us ďAssassinís Creed II will not feature replayable missions. All games will have the same features that they had when they initially launched, but will have enhanced graphics.Ē

While itís not unexpected that The Ezio Collection will do little more than bundle three games into one package add a graphical facelift, itís disappointing to hear.

I don't see any reason to buy this day one. Maybe when Amazon has it for under $20. Too bad Ubisoft, you missed a real opportunity.

http://i.imgur.com/opk4S1Y.png

cawatrooper9
11-02-2016, 05:26 PM
The graphics don't even look significantly "enhanced". I didn't preorder this, but if I did, I'd be cancelling it now.

Ubi-Banshee
11-04-2016, 04:13 PM
The replayability functionality that existed in the original games in the Ezio Trilogy will carry over to the collection; e.g. AC2 you will not be able to replay memories, but in AC:B - AC:R you will.

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 05:14 PM
The replayability functionality that existed in the original games in the Ezio Trilogy will carry over to the collection; e.g. AC2 you will not be able to replay memories, but in AC:B - AC:R you will.

I think everyone here already knew that. Thanks anyways. ^-^