PDA

View Full Version : North American Live Finals Results

deatrick42
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey all,

Since I don't see an update on this already, I thought I would get everyone a recap of the North American Finals.

Check out the pregame here: http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/b/460547839

Players:

Kublacon Winner: Smurfburn
Gencon Winner: Cryxious
FanExpo Winner: Iamjackoh
Origins Winner: Parading

Group Stage:
Smurfburn (Acamas) def Jackoh (Ariana) 2-0
Cryxious (Sandalphon) def Parading (Ariana) 2-0

Cryxious def Smurfburn 2-1
Parading def Jackoh 2-0

Smurfburn def Parading 2-1
Cryxious def Jackoh 2-0

Final group Records:
Cryxious 3-0 (6-1)
Smurfburn 2-1 (5-3)
Parading 1-2 (3-5)
Jackoh 0-3 (0-6)

Finals on Saturday (Best of 5)

Game 1: Cryxious (Sandalphon) def Smurfburn (Dhamiria) (20 life remaining)
Game 2: Smurfburn def Cryxious (8 life remaining)
Game 3: Smurfburn def Cryxious (14 life remaining)
Game 4: Smurfburn def Cryxious (6 life remaining)

It was a pretty awesome tournament with some heated games. One of the games in the first round between Cryxious and Smurf was won by one life point (Sandalphon vs Acamas) and one of the games on Saturday went 21 turns (Dhamiria vs Sandalphon).

Congratulations to Smurfburn for your bid into Worlds, and good luck to Cryxious for your bid into the Wildcard tourney.

Thats it for now :)

NorsemanXXI
09-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Nice. Thanks for sharing this.

The decks used on the first round of the group stage were the same throughout all the tournament?

deatrick42
09-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Yes. Players had the option of switching out decks in between Series but not in between games of a series.

I know all the players used the same hero in all of the group stages, but I do not know if any of them modified the decks at all.

NorsemanXXI
09-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes. Players had the option of switching out decks in between Series but not in between games of a series.

I know all the players used the same hero in all of the group stages, but I do not know if any of them modified the decks at all.

Cool. So... Dhamiria won! Interesting.

Really curious to see these games.

Uraxor
09-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Yeah cheers for a nice summary :)

Durajczyk
09-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Cryxious was defeated :( :( :(

Dhamiria is very strong vs Sandalphon..
MoN + Earth Grasp = the end
Only if you have Angels of Mercy in deck you have chance to go back to game after neverending wipes.

Nillicomes
09-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Nice summary!!

Gratz Smurfburn for winning.
Have fun in Europe ^^

cheers

deatrick42
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM
By the way, I did a lot of research on smurfburn's behalf regarding counters for decks, good tier 1 decks, and just general advice.

I'd like to thank a few people on smurf's behalf.

Nillicomes: He used a variant of your acamas rush deck (The poor mans version of it, anyway).
ssslock: for recommending a few good counters for some specific decks.
Oyau: Didn't help too much, but definitely made fun of us when we came up with bad ideas, so that was still helpful :)
Cryxious: A gentleman and a scholar! Always a good sport and a lot of fun to hang out with.
Parading: You put up a lot bigger fight than expected. You had a great deck, so keep it up.