PDA

View Full Version : AC4. What percentage of the game is going to be on land and in the sea



ksommo_981
09-14-2013, 08:00 AM
just wondering if anybody knows what percentage of the game is going to be on land. if it is going to be 50-50 or what

roostersrule2
09-14-2013, 08:15 AM
60-40, Land, sea.

LoyalACFan
09-14-2013, 08:51 AM
60-40, Land, sea.

This, but your time ratio may vary depending on which you like to explore more, cities or ocean.

Hans684
09-14-2013, 09:19 AM
This, but your time ratio may vary depending on which you like to explore more, cities or ocean.

Then it's the players choice

Locopells
09-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Story is 60 land to 40 sea. 50-50 if you do everything, apparently.

pacmanate
09-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Story is 60 land to 40 sea. 50-50 if you do everything, apparently.

Actually its not the story that's 60-40. Its everything.

They said AC3 was 60-40 land sea but there were only around 4 story missions in AC3 that were on sea.

AnthonyA85
09-14-2013, 03:59 PM
True, but remember, there was also the privateer contracts in AC3, and both them and the main story missions were very linear and heavily scripted, This time around, we'll have a lot more freedom (hopefully), and a few land missions could possibly turn into ship-to-ship combat if you let your target reach a ship if they run

Sushiglutton
09-14-2013, 04:08 PM
One thing to note also is that naval will include more traditional AC gameplay than it did in 3 I believe. With the boarding a lot of naval missions will include melee combat and stealth.

pacmanate
09-14-2013, 04:08 PM
True, but remember, there was also the privateer contracts in AC3, and both them and the main story missions were very linear and heavily scripted, This time around, we'll have a lot more freedom (hopefully), and a few land missions could possibly turn into ship-to-ship combat if you let your target reach a ship if they run

This is also why it said to give a percentage of land/sea is hard to do as they can start on land and end at sea and vice versa

adventurewomen
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Someone please ask Ashraf! :-|

I dont have a twitter account.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Actually its not the story that's 60-40. Its everything.

They said AC3 was 60-40 land sea but there were only around 4 story missions in AC3 that were on sea.

Yeah it was nowhere near 40 for sea in AC3, maybe 20% overall. the Homestead missions alone were at least as big as naval content

pacmanate
09-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Someone please ask Ashraf! :-|

I dont have a twitter account.

The answer is 60-40 and its for the whole game including side stuff.

ArabianFrost
09-14-2013, 04:41 PM
If you're asking about proper on-land gameplay, the ratio is 60:40 land to water as everyone mentioned. However, if you're talking about ratio of non-naval gameplay to naval gameplay, I'd say it's going to vary according to playstyle. For someone who prefers stealth, I'm going to utilise the full 85% of non-naval gameplay and play the rest of the 15% of the game as naval.

thekyle0
09-14-2013, 04:46 PM
What's the point of dividing land and sea if the theme the devs keep pushing is seamlessness? If missions and gameplay are meant to develop from land to sea viceversa and back again then whatever ratio of time on land vs. time on sea would be impossible to determine with any accuracy, particularly if the developers deliver on the promise to scale back linearity, and the division comes down to player decisions. It's better just to consider it 100% game, or compare game time to loading time and menu time.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2013, 05:19 PM
50% on land
50% on sea
100% in my pants.

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 12:16 AM
50% on land
50% on sea
100% in my pants.Quite the pants you've got there.

Ureh
09-15-2013, 04:13 AM
One thing to note also is that naval will include more traditional AC gameplay than it did in 3 I believe. With the boarding a lot of naval missions will include melee combat and stealth.

I hope we can swim to another ship and silently clear it.

Locopells
09-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Might be possible, but you'd have to leave the Jackdaw quite a long swim away, so that they don't start attacking...

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 11:56 AM
69% Navel, rest lund.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope we can swim to another ship and silently clear it.

You can.