PDA

View Full Version : AC memory theory question?

andreycvetov
09-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I have a question regarding the memory reliving theory in AC.So,when we relive someones memory we have to see the memory from first person ,as the subject relived it because it will simply make no sense for us to see it in third person.But in the end of ac2 minerva or juno(cant recall which)turned away from ezio and started talking to desmond as he was seeing the whole thing from a different prespective(not fp).Any ideas?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2013, 10:05 PM
I think it was just for cinematic effect, so that the players understand "visually" that she's talking to Desmond instead of Ezio. Don't think there was anything deeper here

LoyalACFan
09-14-2013, 06:48 AM
I think it was just for cinematic effect, so that the players understand "visually" that she's talking to Desmond instead of Ezio. Don't think there was anything deeper here

Pretty much this. By all rights, AC should be a first-person series if they were rigidly adhering to the Animus concept, but they've added certain things for cinematic effect. Like Connor/Haytham/Ziio's monologues in the loading screens between sequences. They don't really make sense as memories, but they're there to kind of help the player experience their internal dialogue instead of just straight-up watching their lives unfold.

Ureh
09-15-2013, 04:59 AM
Yeah, the ACR cutscene with Desmond and Ezio wouldn't be nearly as emotional if Desmond was looking at thin air (or himself) via 1st person.