PDA

View Full Version : No brohood/recruits?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm out of loop but heard in one of the videos that they removed the broderhood/assassin recruits mechanic from AC4? Is that true?

D.I.D.
09-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Maybe it's just out of this entry.

I can't say I really care. It was fun the first time, but the game has too many skill-free instant kills. If they've cut that down this time, good. It's fine if it comes back, but I hope that when it does return that there's some kind of tactical reward to the exact choices you make.

It's not a good idea for every release to be the same with yet more things bolted on, in any case.

Sigv4rd
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I liked the sending them to do things in other parts of the region, and they were cool in certain missions... But otherwise glad to see my army of white robed minions gone...

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Well if it's true, I'm gblad not because it makes the game too easy (although it's an important reason too) but because there's just too many systems otherwise and the game gameplay becomes unbfocused. They should've removed it from AC3 already. Sailing/hunting is more than enough to make up for it

pirate1802
09-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Well if it's true, I'm gblad not because it makes the game too easy (although it's an important reason too) but because there's just too many systems otherwise and the game gameplay becomes unbfocused. They should've removed it from AC3 already. Sailing/hunting is more than enough to make up for it

Yeah, there is a lot of useless baggage they carry over from previous games despite making no sense because reasons. The city-building stuff was another such thing. Made sense in ACB but not anymore. Glad it was removed.

And I foresee this naval stuff becoming another such useless baggage in future games. Hope I'm wrong.. :(

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2013, 04:41 AM
And I foresee this naval stuff becoming another such useless baggage in future games. Hope I'm wrong.. :(If we're being honest, it's kind of the pinnacle of building up baggage. I mean, it has as much to do with assassinations as Tower Defense thingy lol

pirate1802
09-14-2013, 05:32 AM
If we're being honest, it's kind of the pinnacle of building up baggage. I mean, it has as much to do with assassinations as Tower Defense thingy lol

I see a lot of people suggesting future AC in coastal cities and places with naval access. Apparently its the "in" thing now. I mean can't we let go of something after a few games? Naval is cool, I really like it. But I won't like it to be a PERMANENT feature in all ACs after now. Just let it go before everyone starts to hate it :p And rather make a new IP. Ubisoft has been making a lot of good new IPs lately, make a full fledged pirate one. As I see it, it'll help the game as well as it would be freed of the assassin-templar baggage and be a true naval game.

Btw, even tower defense had more to do with assassin stuff than ship fighting, imo.

Hans684
09-14-2013, 09:04 AM
I see a lot of people suggesting future AC in coastal cities and places with naval access. Apparently its the "in" thing now. I mean can't we let go of something after a few games? Naval is cool, I really like it. But I won't like it to be a PERMANENT feature in all ACs after now. Just let it go before everyone starts to hate it :p And rather make a new IP. Ubisoft has been making a lot of good new IPs lately, make a full fledged pirate one. As I see it, it'll help the game as well as it would be freed of the assassin-templar baggage and be a true naval game.

Btw, even tower defense had more to do with assassin stuff than ship fighting, imo.

I do expect them to make a new IP that uses naval combat. Let's say a chice pirate IP.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, it's because you touch yourself at night.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Yes, it's because you touch yourself at night.I have someone to do that thx :o

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I liked the sending them to do things in other parts of the region, and they were cool in certain missions... But otherwise glad to see my army of white robed minions gone...
Actually, this part of the game will still be there..you can send your crew to get supplies.
You just cant call an Assassin on a target.
TBH I never used this feature in any game but brotherhood and Revelations (2 of the 3 LOL)
But ACB and ACR were actually pretty difficult in terms of claiming part of a city.
Some of those Templar leaders were difficult to get to in time....I staked out a viewpoint (The one on the river) in ACB for about 2 nights (game time) and on in the east side of the map in Revelations for much longer but didnt use a recruit for him.
And that A hole on the horse in ACB on top of the hill!!!
They definitely took the stress away!
But AC3 I didnt use them at all (could you call for them any way? lol)

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2013, 06:15 PM

I actually expected Naval in ACR (being a guy new to the series though, so i didnt know what i was thinking :D)...From seeing previews of the game and Ezio on a ship in trailers i thought he was a captain of a ship lol..again..I had NO idea what this series was like... I've heard of Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.....but thats it..just heard of them never played them or anything, saw glances of ACB MP (30 sec)..never single player haha

deskp
09-14-2013, 07:15 PM
In ac3 the calling in recruits to kill someone was not as snappy as before, and therfore it took all the fun out of it.

I did enjoy walking around town with most of my recruits following me though!

I doubt I'll miss it in ac4, but it's a feature I'd like to see return in a better way in the future.

I will miss the horses though, they are a fun adddition even if they are not part of the core gameplay, adds some optional variety in the cities.

pacmanate
09-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah. No recruits as it took away the stealth Darby said, so they took it out.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
In ac3 the calling in recruits to kill someone was not as snappy as before, and therfore it took all the fun out of it.

I did enjoy walking around town with most of my recruits following me though!

I doubt I'll miss it in ac4, but it's a feature I'd like to see return in a better way in the future.

I will miss the horses though, they are a fun adddition even if they are not part of the core gameplay, adds some optional variety in the cities.

Pirates didnt ride horses? :'(

Black_Widow9
09-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Pirates didnt ride horses? :'(
Not from everything I've been reading lately about Pirates. They used mules but that may be about it....

Ureh
09-16-2013, 03:12 AM
That would be cool if we could pull off what Odysseus did. Hang under the mule like a baby sloth or whatever. :p