PDA

View Full Version : Official massive info about Forgotten Wars on... DuelofChampions.com

Say-10
09-12-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed this already, but on http://www.duelofchampions.com/ there is a new position in LATEST NEWS section dated 10th September. Below is just copy/paste of some facts from there:

September 10th, 2013 Introducing Forgotten Wars

Ubisoft is proud to introduce Might & Magic Duel of Champions biggest expansion to date, with 148 new cards, new languages, and a solution for players to get a single card. Here comes Forgotten Wars!

New Cards : 148

- A new faction : Academy (36 creatures, 20 fortunes, 5 Heroes plus 2 Heroes obtained through Achievements)

- 1 new Hero for each faction, obtained through Achievements

- 6 new Creatures for each pre-existing faction

- 1 new Epic Unique creature for each faction, 2 for Academy

- 7 new Neutral Creatures

- 4 new Fortunes for each pre-existing faction

- 7 new Neutral Fortunes

- 4 new Events

- 3 new Spells for each school of magic

New Feature : Altar of Wishes
New Languages : Portuguese, Russian

New Abilities :

- Range Reflect: When this creature receives combat damage from a shooter, prevent X of that damage and deal the prevented damage to the attacker.

- Evade: When this creature is attacked by melee or flyer creature for the first time in a turn, move this to an adjacent tile. If it does, cancel the attack.

- Phased: Enemy creatures cannot attack this creature. This creature doesn't prevent enemy creatures from attacking your hero.

- Shockwave: This creature can attack empty enemy battleground positions on the same row. If it does, it deals X damage to all enemy creatures adjacent to that position.

- Ambush: Ambush abilities trigger when an enemy creature enters the battleground in the same row.

- Spell Resist: This creature receives half damage from spells, rounded down.

- Magic Guard : Remove 1 from Spell damage and Combat damage dealt by magic creatures to this creature and to each adjacent friendly creatures

The only thing that is missing is release date, but I believe in will happen very soon :p

AbisalAeneas
09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Very nice information, thanks!^^

Bazaltovy
09-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks for this :)

NorsemanXXI
09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
It's weird that they didn't announce a release date yet. They said they wanted to release this month but there is not much than 2 weeks left until the end of the month and still no release date which makes me assume they are still not 100% sure it will happen within the next 2 weeks.

Maybe something release to the iPad version again ? Maybe this time they are waiting for Apple approval before announcing a release date.

Atisdai
09-12-2013, 11:18 AM
- 1 new Hero for each faction, obtained through Achievements
This is a rather unexpected, but welcome surprise.
I am curious what achievements that will be.
Probably everything is better than how Heroes are handled currently.

NorsemanXXI
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
This is a rather unexpected, but welcome surprise.
I am curious what achievements that will be.
Probably everything is better than how Heroes are handled currently.

I think that with the singles system that would be less critical now. You don't need to get a hero/card in a pack, you can just acquire it through the system.

I don't mind Heroes by achievement, as long as there is no crazy achievement like Ariana or Phrias ^^

Atisdai
09-12-2013, 11:49 AM
"Win 10 matches with a 30 creatures deck, of which none should have more than 2HP."

goodjob666
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Wow, dat new metagame changing ability : magic guard!

Guferus
09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes yes for magic guard.
Finally for heaven creaturs in group that wont be such an easy target for aoe spell.
Me likey

Seniuk1979
09-12-2013, 04:29 PM
So, the campaign will not continue again, it seems. I think it rather stupid to release expansions with such "grand" names and no backstory or plot at all :(

cpttg
09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
magic guard? goodbye fleshbane lol

Banehollow89
09-12-2013, 07:57 PM
magic guard? goodbye fleshbane lol

With Spitters and now Mummies, I think that he will have more than enough poison counters to deal with Gargoyles. ;)

goodjob666
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
its not as much creatures as spells that will suffer. specially aoe earth ligh water schools users like zardoc Ariana mother namtaru, as if she didn't suck before
I hope its not a haven creature with magic guard btw, because gayldaphon is already top tier with his answers to everything, it will make him nearly unbeatable

imagine this : the only weakness of wolf captain is clumping together, and if now they introduce magic guard to haven it will be a nightmare

Bazaltovy
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Well, goodjob666, if you're still playing with Kal-Azaar only, then I am not surprised you're upset about that. ;D Meta changes everyday, so soon there will be a certain answer to Sandalphon. At the same time, new archetypes will come, and after some period they will be countered. Et cetera, et cetera...

BTW, the term "Gaydalphon" is - as far as I am concerned - limited to (rest in peace) Sandalphon Prison/Throne/Tower OTK deck. ;)

mindw0rk
09-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Great to see russian language support. Game becomes more and more popular in Russia

MamuzShah
09-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Phased is an interesting ability.
Maybe it could be added to Vampire assassin, it would be nice for him !

brbragequit
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM
With Spitters and now Mummies, I think that he will have more than enough poison counters to deal with Gargoyles. ;)

That, and current Fleshbane is more banshee bounce than anything else. Don't see anything changing in that regard--either you're inferno and can discard their broken bridges, or you lose.

svilleneuve
09-16-2013, 01:53 PM
So, the campaign will not continue again, it seems. I think it rather stupid to release expansions with such "grand" names and no backstory or plot at all :(

There is a plot, it's just sadly not playable. Making the campaign requires a lot of work on AI, work that we rather put on something else for the time being.

tehlsushi
09-21-2013, 02:53 AM
when will the altar of wishes be available?

DemikunX
09-24-2013, 02:47 AM
pretty new to the game, so i am waiting for the expansion, before i buy any cards with my gold/seals...

someone know when the patch will come?

Storm_dragoon
09-24-2013, 02:55 AM
They haven't said exactly when the patch will be but they have said that it will be before the end of the month. Tune in Tommorrow to their big reveal on twitch if you want more information. I'm sure they will gives us a date then.

DemikunX
09-24-2013, 03:20 AM
thanks, can't wait to get some cards finally xD saved everything i got so far, 110k gold and 2k seals :P

Atisdai
09-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the expansion directly on the 30th.

mriClipse
09-24-2013, 09:07 AM
thanks, can't wait to get some cards finally xD saved everything i got so far, 110k gold and 2k seals :P

Nope, but there is a stream tonight in which they MIGHT reveal it.