PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to buff haven without making them op with wolf captain

Slww9278
09-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Haven balance problem comes from wolf captain.
The faction is almost balanced for those owning 4 wolf captains but underpowered for others.

A way to buff haven without making it overpowered would be to create a good melee 2 drop.
A good deck cannot run too many melee creature, so this creature would be an auto include for players which haven't wolf captain but not for those owning 4 wolf captains.

I suggest a good common melee 2 drop that would require 3 might like wolf captain:
For example:
att 1 retaliation 1 life 5.
ability while it has full hp it gets +2 attack.
I like this kind of ability because they work well with healing effect which are quite underused at the moment.

El_Bokutal
09-06-2013, 11:15 PM
So : 3-1-5 for 2 gold?

Sounds quite a buff indeed.

Morkje
09-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't think Havens problem is the 2 drop slot.
There is plenty of choice ( and good ones) there.
Expert Marksman
Holy Praetorian
Loyal Griffin
Elite Squire ( don't laugh, I used this in my Haven deck while getting to 1500.)

Haven's problem is ( if it even has one) the lack of good 4+ drops.
There are some creature that look good on paper, but they lack impact or card advantage that other factions have.

That beging said I think a mechanic based around creature having full health could be really good.
It fits the healing theme that Haven has,

Qzin89
09-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Yay for mechanics that work while on full health (which will come in new expansion - as untargettable!)

Nay for 2 melee drops. Haven is not a RUSH. Or shouldn't be at least. It's meant to have strong defence, solid healing and that's about that ;).

VampFury
09-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Haven problem is WC or get out for creature strategy! (yay for Altar of Wishes)

And also while in HotV other factions got powerful creatures all around, Haven got retaliation based creatures... which is not that great is it?

ElkazFATE
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
New expansion comming in few weeks. There is any sense in this topic?

Bazaltovy
09-08-2013, 11:10 PM
There was plenty 'buff Haven' topics in here, and most of them ended when the OP was proven wrong.

YES, Haven is - by default - more defensive-oriented. Although... YES, there is an option of getting a momentum fast, with Wolf Captain. However, NO, this one card doesn't make Haven OP. I agree with Morkje, mid-drops are usually below average.

Sometimes you can glue something worthwile and fun, though. Stuff like Nillicomes' 3/4/2 Dolphin Sandalphon (http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/9723/) can reach T1 in Jackpot easily (afaik the only restriction is low amount of Dhamiria fatties decks). And believe me, neither Wombo Combo nor WCs are the main horsepower.

I also see you must be an experienced player, with high elo. It seems like a paradox, but I kinda cannot understand your point, especially the "solution", namely 3/1/5 2-drop. Insanity. Something I would expect from a tired, desperate beginner who went up way too fast.

Besides:

New expansion comming in few weeks. There is any sense in this topic?

This. Will. Change. Everything. Again.
We'll see how's the condition of every faction after FW is released. There surely will be loads of topics to discuss :)

Kraeger_Hack
09-23-2013, 01:10 AM
There was plenty 'buff Haven' topics in here, and most of them ended when the OP was proven wrong.

Sometimes you can glue something worthwile and fun, though. Stuff like Nillicomes' 3/4/2 Dolphin Sandalphon (http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/9723/) can reach T1 in Jackpot easily (afaik the only restriction is low amount of Dhamiria fatties decks). And believe me, neither Wombo Combo nor WCs are the main horsepower.

The deck also has 4 paos. Currently, not a deck for the majority of haven players.

ocean127
09-24-2013, 07:21 AM
that guys you just show are way to op 3-0-5 for 2 cost ? way too much i think it would be better if it was 3-0-3 with 3 might cost 2 with ability every time this creature atk it alway deal 1 dmg to it self and sure it was melee. but anyway i