PDA

View Full Version : This is redicolous

Zeev86
09-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I have payed for this game a full price when it was released two years ago.
Tried to play it few weeks ago and it is still unplayable.
After completing few of the british campaign missions, I have accidently clicked "new game". Without any warning it started the first level. That is how I have lost all my game progress.

And yesterday I heard they are already working on a Russian expension, without fixing the original title.

I like the idea of playing on the Russian side, but if they not gonna fix the main game, I dont see a point spending another 50$ on expansion\dlc.

Tully__
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Which game specificially?
IL2 Sturmovik: 1946? It's much older than two years
IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover? There'll be no (official) expansion. Further games from Maddox will be using the Rise of Flight engine as far as I'm aware, which makes them incompatible with CoD. On the other hand, RoF has a proven track record of good flight models and playability, new releases based on this should be a good buy.
A different IL2 version? Which one?
A different game entirely?

Bearcat99
09-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Which game specificially?
IL2 Sturmovik: 1946? It's much older than two years
IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover? There'll be no (official) expansion. Further games from Maddox will be using the Rise of Flight engine as far as I'm aware, which makes them incompatible with CoD. On the other hand, RoF has a proven track record of good flight models and playability, new releases based on this should be a good buy.
A different IL2 version? Which one?
A different game entirely?

A slight correction.... IL2 Battle of Stalingrad (http://il2sturmovik.com/) has nothing to do with 1CMaddox .. it is a venture created by a merger of components on 1C and 777 into 1CGS (1C Game Studios). As Tully said it has nothing whatsoever to do with the original IL2, IL2 1946 .. or IL2 Cliffs of Dover. It is not an expansion of any previous title but an entirely new product continuing the IL2 legacy.

Tully__
09-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Thank you :)