PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and Assassin's Creed Pirates

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 04:28 PM
This is taken straight from GAF but was sourced from somewhere else. This was apparently shown at Ubisofts Digital Day event:

http://i.imgur.com/nE3d0VD.jpg

As you can see, AC Liberation HD and AC Pirates are on that list.

I don't know if anyone remembers me saying this, but I said that an AC Liberation PS3 port would quiet possibly be coming soon. This would explain the HD in the title as the Vita is not actually HD. It also makes sense since they are putting in some Aveline for the Sony versions of Black Flag.

As for AC Pirates? Who knows. I am guessing a mobile game/app that ties in with AC4 Black Flag. Maybe even a new Vita title?

ze_topazio
09-06-2013, 04:45 PM
I highly support this.

xryanx28
09-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Liberation HD better come to xbox too. Cant tell this is real or not though.

Farlander1991
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, GAF was right about AC4: Black Flag, and we do know that there are a number of AC projects in development. Plus, every AC game had some sort of a spin-off (AC1 - Chronicles and Bloodlines, AC2 - Discovery, AC3 - Liberation), would be weird if AC4 didn't have one.

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Sorry for not sourcing, it came from Ubisofts Digital Day event. So it seems to be very much real

Shahkulu101
09-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Man I'd love to play Liberations on my PS3! Will be great just have another AC game to play. As for AC Pirates -- maybe another vita game? Or maybe the companion app is more than meets the eye.

ladyleonhart
09-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the information, Pacmanate. :)

Then, if AC: Liberation HD is a port for the main consoles, that's great news and more people will have the chance to play Aveline's story. I'd definitely recommend it. :D

Although, I do hope we will get another Vita title soon as well. Then, AC was actually the main reason I bought a Vita this year.

catkiller97
09-06-2013, 05:30 PM
but I said that an AC Liberation PS3 port would quiet possibly be coming soon.
Yeah this was leaked in neogaf 2-3 months ago.

ze_topazio
09-06-2013, 05:31 PM
More than a port i hope its improved, i heard the game is full of problems and many parts of the story are not properly explained or not explained at all.

ladyleonhart
09-06-2013, 05:43 PM
More than a port i hope its improved, i heard the game is full of problems and many parts of the story are not properly explained or not explained at all.

Well, there were glitches of course. The worst one caused the save file to become corrupted, which meant starting the whole game again. >_< I think there was a patch to fix this though. Human shields were difficult to implement too and not like ACIII at all. Another issue was not being able to perform a manoeuvre until the prompt for the buttons was visible on screen. Other things were relatively minor though, such as chests that were displayed on the map, but couldn't be found. This didn't affect getting 100% synchronization though. As for the story not being explained properly, I don't think there was anything really difficult to understand or anything that didn't really make sense. If there was anything, it was probably to create mystery and suspense for any possible future title. Most likely it was because they knew right from the beginning that they'd implement more of Aveline's story in ACIV. Then, I'm sure the Aveline missions in ACIV will definitely make it all a whole lot clearer.

Kaschra
09-06-2013, 05:45 PM
I really hope this is true!

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Man I'd love to play Liberations on my PS3! Will be great just have another AC game to play. As for AC Pirates -- maybe another vita game? Or maybe the companion app is more than meets the eye.

Been thinking about AC Pirates and I don't think its a Vita title. I mean, if it was then wouldn't they announce it sooner? Its just under 2 months to release and there is no official statement about it.

Hans684
09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
AC Liberation HD may be a console game. Since AC Liberation and Aveline is a Playstation Exclusive i don't thinks it's going to be on Xbox and it may also be a Playstation Store game(sadly) that may be in the Playstation Store of PS4(I hope). As a trivia this does not have a number like AC3 Liberation(Vita).

And AC Pirates can be anything except a Vita game since Ubisoft Sofia(they did AC3L) is working on ACIVBF with everyone else.

Jexx21
09-06-2013, 06:08 PM
when you say PSV I see playstation 5. please just call it a Vita, it's one letter longer and makes more sense.

yea, I think that Liberation HD will be Sony exclusive as well.

ladyleonhart
09-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Been thinking about AC Pirates and I don't think its a Vita title. I mean, if it was then wouldn't they announce it sooner? Its just under 2 months to release and there is no official statement about it.

I agree. Then, as you said first, it is more likely to be some sort of mobile game or app. I'm not disappointed though. ACIV looks great and will keep me busy for quite a while. :D Besides, it'll be one less thing to budget for. ;)

Hans684
09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
when you say PSV I see playstation 5. please just call it a Vita, it's one letter longer and makes more sense.

yea, I think that Liberation HD will be Sony exclusive as well.

It makes more sence to.

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I agree. Then, as you said first, it is more likely to be some sort of mobile game or app. I'm not disappointed though. ACIV looks great and will keep me busy for quite a while. :D Besides, it'll be one less thing to budget for. ;)

True. I will be getting a Vita sometime this month as well as a PS4 and AC4 in November so I am glad another AC vita title isnt coming out soon :P. I am hoping AC Liberation is on PS+ cause I also bought that.

This sounds like I am loaded, I am not :P I am just getting prepared :p

deskp
09-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Unless sony pays up liberation HD will come to all platforms. Liberation was sony exclusive since it couldnt come to 3ds and microsoft doesent have a handheld.

Ac4 aveline missions is sony casue sony pays for exclusive missions as always.

Sony has no ownership over Aveline technicaly. But it's understandable people have got the feeling she is. Ubisoft will get their money either from sony paying, or from costumers from both consoles.... Even the pc should get it if it's basicaly an downloadable game.

Hans684
09-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Unless sony pays up liberation HD will come to all platforms. Liberation was sony exclusive since it couldnt come to 3ds and microsoft doesent have a handheld.

Ac4 aveline missions is sony casue sony pays for exclusive missions as always.

Sony has no ownership over Aveline technicaly. But it's understandable people have got the feeling she is. Ubisoft will get their money either from sony paying, or from costumers from both consoles.... Even the pc should get it if it's basicaly an downloadable game.

As long as Sony is paying for Aveline as a Playstation Exclusive they 'own' her in a way but they don't own her like Ubisoft.

deskp
09-06-2013, 07:04 PM
As long as Sony is paying for Aveline as a Playstation Exclusive they 'own' her in a way but they don't own her like Ubisoft.

The thing is, ubi can "reject" sonys money if they want to.

Either way, if this is true, I hope it comes out for ps4 during its initial launch.

Hans684
09-06-2013, 08:04 PM
The thing is, ubi can "reject" sonys money if they want to.

Either way, if this is true, I hope it comes out for ps4 during its initial launch.

Well Ubisoft is a game company that sells games for money. So if they have an operturnity to gett more money they most likely will take it(i bett you would to) but what they don't think about is that they may gett even more if it is for all platforms. The problem is howe much money Sony pays for exclusives compared to having it on all platformes.

ElectroPuff
09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
if liberation HD was to be a console port then i'd hope it isn't full priced because it was quite short (but perfect for short journeys :P)

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
if liberation HD was to be a console port then i'd hope it isn't full priced because it was quite short (but perfect for short journeys :P)

Yeah I think that Liberations HD might be a downloadable game only.

Wolfmeister1010
09-07-2013, 02:54 AM
Will liberation HD be coming to the PS4?

SixKeys
09-07-2013, 02:57 AM
AC: Pirates sounds like a mobile game. Time will tell whether it will ever come to fruition, though - look what happened to Utopia.

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Yeah I think that Liberations HD might be a downloadable game only.Indeed it'll probably be a arcade game.

AdamPearce
09-07-2013, 03:41 AM
I just hope they'e actually retextured ACL...cause I don't see myself playing on PS3 with Vita graphics, that would be, weird.

deskp
09-07-2013, 08:27 AM
I just hope they'e actually retextured ACL...cause I don't see myself playing on PS3 with Vita graphics, that would be, weird.

Well surely they should, they already have the textures in higher resolution. Theey will proapbly use the ac4 avline moden aswell.

And I guess they could throw a better shader onto it.

If you look at the liberation screenshots provided by ubisoft they are showing a resolution beyond what i think the vita can do and it looks alright already.

I think if ubisoft release a HD version for consoles they will do it right visually. They wouldnt want to tarnish the brand I don't think.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:29 AM

I think it will be retextured, or at least not down textured. ACL ran on AnvilNext too I think.

Will liberation HD be coming to the PS4?

No one knows. To be honest I dont see why it wouldn't, both PS3 and PS4 use the PSN

misterB2001
09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
1st thing i thought when i saw AC Pirates was......MMO!

ze_topazio
09-07-2013, 12:37 PM

We have cases of PSP and 3DS games ported to the PS3/Xbox360 and they look just fine.

Albino Omen
09-07-2013, 04:55 PM
I would assume that because they are possibly labeling it as AC III: Liberations HD, would probably nullify the exclusivity that Sony may have with that particular IP. I would love to play it on my 360, I did buy the Liberations Vita bundle just for AC, my biggest problem is not with the game in itself, but with the system, my hands cramp and go numb if I play it for more than 30min at a time.

Auditore8
09-07-2013, 08:07 PM
With the introduction of Assassin's Creed: Pirates, whatever happened to Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix?

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 08:08 PM
With the introduction of Assassin's Creed: Pirates, whatever happened to Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix?

Who says that game was even real?

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
I never heard of Liberations. which game was that?

Auditore8
09-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Who says that game was even real?

I don't know, but there were leaked photos of it. Maybe it wasn't real but it was never confirmed whether or not it was really affiliated with Assassin's Creed

pyrotechnick777
09-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I never heard of Liberations. which game was that?
It was released for the PS Vita at the same time as AC3 was released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eda9j_Syww0

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 02:02 AM
no, that's Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

I never heard of Assassin's Creed: Liberations though.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 02:07 AM

I never heard of Assassin's Creed: Liberations though.Maybe they didn't want to tarnish ACL anymore.

Hans684
09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I don't know, but there were leaked photos of it. Maybe it wasn't real but it was never confirmed whether or not it was really affiliated with Assassin's Creed

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/05/assassins-creed-rising-phoenix-listing-is-fake/

SixKeys
09-08-2013, 08:50 AM

I'm starting to think Liberation should have been named Lady Liberty (like they renamed it in Japan), just because of how many people seem to confuse Liberation with Revelations.

deskp
09-08-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm starting to think Liberation should have been named Lady Liberty (like they renamed it in Japan), just because of how many people seem to confuse Liberation with Revelations.

Lady liberty is a stupid name for it. If they wanted to avoid confusion with "liberation" a whole new name alltogether would have been better.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 10:56 AM

Okay we get it... some people (even I did it once or twice in this thread) put an S on the end.

RinoTheBouncer
09-08-2013, 03:26 PM
I support this!

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Okay we get it... some people (even I did it once or twice in this thread) put an S on the end.
yea, it's like spelling Spider-Man, Spiderman. It's unacceptable. Like if you would use the wrong their/they're or your/you're.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
yea, it's like spelling Spider-Man, Spiderman. It's unacceptable. Like if you would use the wrong their/they're or your/you're.

Oh dear...

lothario-da-be
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I did that countless times before release!

Mr_Shade
09-08-2013, 06:01 PM
:rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
09-08-2013, 06:06 PM
They are releasing a new game: AC labourations. It is a 52 hour long simulator of Aveline giving birth.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 06:12 PM
They are releasing a new game: AC labourations. It is a 52 hour long simulator of Aveline giving birth.

I hope its on Vita and uses the touch thing on the back

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 06:45 PM
I hope its on Vita and uses the touch thing on the back

hahahaha

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 07:26 AM
yea, it's like spelling Spider-Man, Spiderman. It's unacceptable. Like if you would use the wrong their/they're or your/you're.spiderman is over they're because your eating chicken

pacmanate
09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
spiderman is over they're because your eating chicken
That confused the crap out of me D:

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 11:30 AM
That confused the crap out of me D:Good

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 11:34 AM
spiderman is over they're because your eating chicken

But if Spiderman is they're because he ate chicken, will he be hear if I eat eggs?

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 11:57 AM
But if Spiderman is they're because he ate chicken, will he be hear if I eat eggs?It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

ladyleonhart
09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

I thought you were talking about Spider-Man. Then you've got the wrong hero, and it's actually:

"With great power, comes great responsibility." ;)

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 12:03 PM
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

So you're saying your underwear doesn't define you?

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I thought you were talking about Spider-Man. Then you've got the wrong hero, and it's actually:

"With great power, comes great responsibility." ;)I know haha, Aquaman said that.

So you're saying your underwear doesn't define you?I'm naked at the moment.

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm naked at the moment.

I hope you are a woman.

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I hope you are a woman.I'm both

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm both

Will you be a woman for me?

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Will you be a woman for me?No, I'm a guy you sexist, I think you should be banned.

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 12:30 PM
No, I'm a guy you sexist, I think you should be banned.

Dont bi mad fgt

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Dont bi mad fgtdats it man i r leev de froums 5eva

roostersrule2
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
i m bck

catkiller97
09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Kotaku - We can confirm these games are coming from Ubi and we can promise you coverage of the coolest of these games on Tuesday.

pacmanate
09-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Kotaku - We can confirm these games are coming from Ubi and we can promise you coverage of the coolest of these games on Tuesday.

Is a HD liberation classed as "Coolest"? haha.

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
i m bck

Y u bck so sun nga?

mhg87
09-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Y u bck so sun nga?

nga wat?

Jexx21
09-10-2013, 04:42 AM
stup teh rercer cersers

roostersrule2
09-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Y u bck so sun nga?i did nt wan 2 mis frm dinr

pirate1802
09-10-2013, 08:23 AM
i did nt wan 2 mis frm dinr

u alrde mis t dinr. wee r prpng 2 slep no

roostersrule2
09-10-2013, 08:25 AM
u alrde mis t dinr. wee r prpng 2 slep nogod dmit y u no tel mi u r bd prsn

Jexx21
09-10-2013, 08:42 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/assassins-creed-liberation-hd-pirates-announced?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Liberation HD is for PS3, 360, and PC and is digital only.

According to Ubisoft, Liberation HD offers “a complete graphical overhaul, re- mastered music and sound effects, a revamped gameplay experience, and new missions that dive deeper into Aveline’s story.”
Liberation HD tells the same story as the Vita installment, though certain optional cutscenes have been woven into the main story in order to make it clearer. The game is in development at Ubisoft Sofia -- the same team that worked on the Vita version -- and is set to hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC as a digital title in 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IF3sezN7qI&amp;feature=c4-overview&amp;list=UUWIstp5bH4vsGQmz4mRzcZg

Pirates is a mobile game.

Aside from Liberation, Ubisoft also unveiled Assassin’s Creed Pirates, which is headed to “high-end smartphones and tablets” this fall. Pirates is developed by Ubisoft Paris and features real-time naval battles. Players will be able to manage their crew and search for treasure, and ships will also be customizable, with players able to purchase upgrades such as “more cannons for your deck, a new rudder or better sails.” Players will also be able to recruit new crew members and “explore a huge map featuring paradise islands, volcanic shores, mangroves and many more gorgeous landscapes.”
Pirates follows the story of Alonzo Batilla “as he rises through the ranks of the fearful pirates of the golden age.” Ubisoft promises “an adventure that will reveal the truth about La Buse’s mysterious treasure” as well as interactions with “the Templars and the Assassins as they struggle for supremacy and meet the famed figures of the era: Blackbeard, Bellamy and Hornigold.” Pirates will offer “dozens of side missions, treasures quests, perks and achievements” and “groundbreaking 3D visuals.”

Jexx21
09-10-2013, 08:57 AM
I might just sell my Vita now.

Pac, wanna buy it?

..I'm not even kidding, I would actually sell it to you if you were willing to take the risk with interacting with me through the internet.

catkiller97
09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otb2fqbFoMY

Jexx21
09-10-2013, 09:38 AM
looks like Utopia was cancelled for good

SixKeys
09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Awesome, so Liberation is also coming to PC. I'll probably get it when it's dropped down in price, I wasn't impressed with the way the story was handled (from what I've seen from YouTube clips) but I'm still interested.

Farlander1991
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, they're saying they're making some tweaks to the storyline and how it's told.

In any way... crap. Now I want Aveline DLC for AC4 for PC >_<

deskp
09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Soo, is the Connor content in this game? Either way it's nice to see they dropped the "3" from the title.

Shame it isn't coming to next gen when it releases. It feels abit ..wrong(?) buying games for what will be the last generation of consoles. Wonder if the game will be running smoothly, unlike ac3.

Not only will this be a better game than the vita version, it will proapbly be cheapers aswell!!!

pacmanate
09-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I might just sell my Vita now.

Pac, wanna buy it?

..I'm not even kidding, I would actually sell it to you if you were willing to take the risk with interacting with me through the internet.

No thanks man but thanks for the offer. I need to see where I stand financially first.

However, check this sweet deal out I found yesterday! http://shopto.net/video%20games/psvita/PSPHWV94-ps-vita-wifi-8gb-memory-card-w10-game-voucher-fifa-13-full-game

Mr_Shade
09-10-2013, 10:16 AM
No thanks man but thanks for the offer. I need to see where I stand financially first.

However, check this sweet deal out I found yesterday! http://shopto.net/video games/psvita/PSPHWV94-ps-vita-wifi-8gb-memory-card-w10-game-voucher-fifa-13-full-game
Told you the game / card pack was a good deal - that's even better though :)

pacmanate
09-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Told you the game / card pack was a good deal - that's even better though :)

Yup Yup. I dont think I can get that stuff any cheaper than that. Getting my statement for last month today and hopefully buying this in the next few days :D

Mr_Shade
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
I expect to see an unboxing video :P

[joke]

I'm tempted myself..

pacmanate
09-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I expect to see an unboxing video :P

[joke]

I'm tempted myself..

Well its under "Hot Deals". That means it will only be that price for a while right?

Mr_Shade
09-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Well its under "Hot Deals". That means it will only be that price for a while right?
no idea - sorry :(

You could always ring them [or tweet] and check - I think it's while stocks last.. but could be wrong :(

Kaschra
09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
YEEEEEEEEES!
Aveliiiiine! <3

Oh my god, you don't know how happy andd excited I am!

pirate1802
09-10-2013, 03:23 PM
YEEEEEEEEES!
Aveliiiiine! <3

Oh my god, you don't know how happy andd excited I am!

Same here :3 Finally I can experience her awesomeness on my PC

My body is ready to be Aveline. :D

Foyez5
09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Looking forward to this game and a downloadable title too, I wonder if that means something for the series in general.

pacmanate
09-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Looking forward to this game and a downloadable title too, I wonder if that means something for the series in general.

What do you mean?

ze_topazio
09-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Thank you based Ubisoft, being digital only sucks but better than nothing.

GunnarGunderson
09-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Hopefully this means no more touch controls, gyroscope puzzles, or holding the camera to the light. I'm interested to see if this is just graphically updated version with some new tricks or if it's a completely new game

Shahkulu101
09-10-2013, 04:29 PM
We finally get a female characer on the main consoles. Not in the way we expected but still - I wonder if it will be a full price console game.

ze_topazio
09-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I just noticed, no Wii U, lol

SixKeys
09-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Hopefully this means no more touch controls, gyroscope puzzles, or holding the camera to the light. I'm interested to see if this is just graphically updated version with some new tricks or if it's a completely new game

It's not a completely new game, just a graphically enhanced version of the Wii U title.

BTW, someone wondered earlier if the HD version would include the Connor missions. At 1:02 you can see Connor on the left, so they are in the game.

Hans684
09-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Only digital? What a disepointment since i don't have internet connection on my 360 :(

poptartz20
09-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Haha.. I didn't even realize that either! Aww... and nintendo is left out again. :\

Either way once again doesn't bother me! :D #PSTEAM

Wait come to think of it did the Wii U even get the ToKW DLC that came out? I remember it wasn't originally available at the time, so they said it would be awhile. So... we are 1.5 mos away fro AC4? What happen. Haha.

I wonder what the cost will be... I'm definitely interested it this though! How awesome to finally get a vita title on Console! (+More Connor!)

pacmanate
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM

I didnt realise this either haha

RatonhnhakeFan
09-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Wait, only digital??? meh.. :/ Hoped for a nice box to look pretty next to my AC3 box :/

Mr_Shade
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Wait, only digital??? meh.. :/ Hoped for a nice box to look pretty next to my AC3 box :/
You could always make one and put a note in it 'Game is already on my console' ;)