PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone Assassin's Creed multiplayer game.

L0rdOfThePies
09-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I like most people, was skeptical when multiplayer was first announced for Assassin's Creed.
When the game mode first appearance in Brotherhood, I didn't just enjoy it, but I grew to love it.
The game is simply incomparable to anything else in the online multiplayer genre. Innovative, intelligent, and above all else, fun.
Has the thought of a stand alone multiplayer title for the PlayStation store ever been suggested or considered?
The inclusion of maps from across the series would be, in my opinion, fantastic to have in one place. Such a game may also attract players who were not excited to play the single player story (a strange bunch!) but may be looking for something new as a multiplayer game.
Just a thought.

roostersrule2
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
I think you will be standing alone with this idea.

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 09:35 AM
i think you will be standing alone with this idea.

lolololololololol

Farlander1991
09-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I think it would actually be cool. Like, for example, I couldn't play Brotherhood's multiplayer because of a whole lot of technical problems with the server searching on PC, and when I finally figured a workaround nobody was actually playing it >_< So I never got to experience Brotherhood maps and characters (with the exceptions of the ones that got to Revelations).

x___Luffy___x
09-06-2013, 11:02 AM
i don't like AC multiplayer much.

AnthonyA85
09-06-2013, 03:53 PM
On one hand, I could see a MP only game rapidly turn into a COD clone (Don't kill me!), but on the other, it would free up some space on the main game discs, for them to put a lot more content into the single player game.

That's why AC2 was so rich content wise, there was no MP on the disc taking up space :p

LightRey
09-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Eww no.

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Eww no.

I add my ewww to this.

plentybeef
09-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I have loved the idea of a stand alone Ac MP. And I had told my friend before Ac3 that it would be a great idea, he said no it wouldn't because the players need to want it. But that doesn't make since when it hasn't been built yet. But if you can get some base maps, like do edits to maps that are small-large. But I think it might be a good idea that they make new parkour moves and new objects to play on.

Even modern maps would be great. They could do it like in watch dogs, where they are just random skins but we won't be Adin and this would also give players choices to edit their clothes. But this could quickly spin out of control as this could fit skateboarding biking and graffiti (there is going to be graffiti game called Getting up) I know I could mix some parkour moves in all three. But there are games coming out like what I listed. I do like the idea of introducing previous maps all together as stated in one of the other post before me

When I got Brotherhood for the 360 it was well after revelations was out. And it was hard getting a game for MP as everyone was playing Revelations. But I did manage to get to level 50. If they do make a stand alone MP they should reintroduce the same system as in brotherhood. I still haven't got all the skills because like I said its hard getting matches now. I feel this would make things harder for the noobs as they couldn't buy their way in to the creed ahahahahaha but seriously the skills are an honor. ( like picking what time to jump, the angle jumping and direction.)

Sushiglutton
09-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I am not a MP-guy myself, but I like this idea. I would like more franchsies to offer bundles of either SP or MP of their game. For example I haven't played COD since COD2. I would be interested in checking out a SP bundle for the franchise though.

L0rdOfThePies
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Opinion seems to be very split.
Personally I love the multiplayer aspect of the game, and I would welcome any opportunity to bring it to a wider audience.
My younger brother has always enjoyed the multiplayer side to the game, yet he has never had any interest in the single player story. Maybe there are many others like him who would welcome a stand alone game.
The prospect of a stand alone downloadable game with a reasonable price tag wouldn't just be a welcome idea for these players, but a great opportunity for the fellas at Ubisoft to make a few bob from a game with most of the development already completed.

TipTopToby1
09-06-2013, 09:54 PM
I do really enjoy the multiplayer in AC, and if the singleplayer ends up being a mess, or not so great, the multiplayer is always there to make the game worthwhile (For me atleast). TotalBiscuit talked about this on his WTF is of AC3 Multiplayer, he said himself that he only buys the annual release of AC to play the online and wants it to expand into it's own "package" and I agree with him, I think that a full standalone game for the online would help add a lot more longevity to it and make it a better experience overall. Although I know it will never happen due to the fact it wouldn't sell; people buy AC for the singleplayer and the online is pretty much a small bonus that people check out for a couple minutes to pass the time when they're done with the main game.

I get why people might do this and not have an interest in the multiplayer because when you first start and join a game with a group of high-level experienced players who know the ins and outs of every ability, along with every exploit to screw you over through cheap tactics (Like using smoke bombs and mute - two abilities that just seem plain unfair and stupid. So I managed to find out who my target was as he was playing recklessly but I lose my contract and am punished because he used a NO KILL button? Yeah that seems fair) you feel discouraged and stop playing. And I admit, if that was my first experience with the game I would've stopped there and then.

However I do still love the multiplayer, the amount of times I've had really intense games of artifact assault and wanted make me forget about the flaws and just have a good time.

If you wanted a better reception from the community you should've posted in the multiplayer forum, everyone who browses this forum probably hates the online. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
09-06-2013, 11:44 PM
I like the multiplayer, but it has too many problems to warrant asking fans to pay for another full price game. There are constant connection issues, problems with boosters/hackers, animations and maps that lazily get recycled from game to game, unresponsive controls etc. If they made multiplayer into its own separate game, they would definitely need to spend some serious time and effort into polishing it from its current form. Otherwise there would be no justifying asking fans to pay for the glitchy mess it often is.

L0rdOfThePies
09-07-2013, 09:24 AM
If you wanted a better reception from the community you should've posted in the multiplayer forum, everyone who browses this forum probably hates the online. :rolleyes:
Yeah kinda dropped the ball there, I didn't notice the separate multiplayer forums until after I had posted this. Very much a newbie to the forums.
Very nice community by the way, pleasure to meet you all. Not a single person has called me a poof or mentioned my mothers weight which is always nice.
I might go repost in the multiplayer forums.

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah kinda dropped the ball there, I didn't notice the separate multiplayer forums until after I had posted this. Very much a newbie to the forums.
Very nice community by the way, pleasure to meet you all. Not a single person has called me a poof or mentioned my mothers weight which is always nice.
I might go repost in the multiplayer forums.Yea well your mum's so fat it effects her self esteem, you're also a poof.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 03:44 PM
i don't like AC multiplayer much.
Oh Snap!

I can't stand AC MP either.

ladyleonhart
09-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Oh Snap!

I can't stand AC MP either.

ACIII MP was my first one. I kind of got addicted to it for a month. :P However, due to server issues - getting thrown out of sessions and problems with the service being "limited" or "unavailable" o_0 - and the attitude of some people -__-, I gave up on it in the end. I'm glad I did though, and for me it's time that can be better spent on other things. :)

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM
ACIII MP was my first one. I kind of got addicted to it for a month. :P However, due to server issues - getting thrown out of sessions and problems with the service being "limited" or "unavailable" o_0 - and the attitude of some people -__-, I gave up on it in the end. I'm glad I did though, and for me it's time that can be better spent on other things. :)
My sentiments exactly! I used to play the Brotherhood MP it was fun, until other players keep cheating and their attitudes put me off AC MP. Some people who just play AC MP only need to find something else to do with their lives, there is cheating going on Ubi doesn't seem to care. There should be some fair play rules, there doesn't seem to be any which is just annoying.

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I liked ACB's, ACR's was okay and I only played 2 games of AC3's.

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 04:07 PM
My sentiments exactly! I used to play the Brotherhood MP it was fun, until other players keep cheating and their attitudes put me off AC MP. Some people who just play AC MP only need to find something else to do with their lives, there is cheating going on Ubi doesn't seem to care. There should be some fair play rules, there doesn't seem to be any which is just annoying.

really ? i didn't know that there were hackers in the MP. which version console or pc ? i played Ac3 multiplayer the most and i always get confused about the abilities and such.

SixKeys
09-07-2013, 04:11 PM
really ? i didn't know that there were hackers in the MP. which version console or pc ? i played Ac3 multiplayer the most and i always get confused about the abilities and such.

Both. Just look for the impossibly high prestige players. No-one is prestige 99 unless they cheat.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
On both platforms, players keep hack/modifying settings, they always find a new way. Ubisoft needs to patch this, and I honestly think they should stop developing new MP's alongside their games until they sort these obvious issues out.

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Both. Just look for the impossibly high prestige players. No-one is prestige 99 unless they cheat.

On both platforms, players keep hack/modifying settings, they always find a new way. Ubisoft needs to patch this, and I honestly think they should stop developing new MP's alongside their games until they sort these obvious issues out.

i play on PC. i thought they played very well and a lot of time that's why they have such high ranks. i only played AC3 multiplayer and i think i got till rank 40 and then just quit. didn't had any other games to play so i tried the MP. one other thing was that you have to wait a lot to start the matches.

SixKeys
09-07-2013, 04:55 PM
i play on PC. i thought they played very well and a lot of time that's why they have such high ranks. i only played AC3 multiplayer and i think i got till rank 40 and then just quit. didn't had any other games to play so i tried the MP. one other thing was that you have to wait a lot to start the matches.

Prestige is when you've reached the maximum level cap more than once. The maximum level is 50. You were level 40; a prestige 1 would be a person who has reached level 50 two times. Now imagine how many times a person would have to reach level 50 if they were prestige 99. Even if you spent every waking moment of every day playing the game, I doubt you could make it to prestige 99 without cheating. Some of the best legit (as far as I can tell) players I know are currently around prestige 40, and they've been playing the game practically every day for a year, ever since its release. (For what it's worth, I'm prestige 17 and I play almost every week.)

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Prestige is when you've reached the maximum level cap more than once. The maximum level is 50. You were level 40; a prestige 1 would be a person who has reached level 50 two times. Now imagine how many times a person would have to reach level 50 if they were prestige 99. Even if you spent every waking moment of every day playing the game, I doubt you could make it to prestige 99 without cheating. Some of the best legit (as far as I can tell) players I know are currently around prestige 40, and they've been playing the game practically every day for a year, ever since its release. (For what it's worth, I'm prestige 17 and I play almost every week.)

What changes every time you go for lvl 50? Is it the same every time?