PDA

View Full Version : Combo clash - 05/09/2013 - Towering over your Hero!

Aza404
09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Dear Champions,

It's been some time since the last combo clash, so here is one that we found quite powerful!
This combo uses an Imperial Guard and a Darkwood Treant or Greater Earth Elemental as a defensive creature and was submitted by Infernal_Wisdom.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/combinaison1.jpg

Use Imperial Guard and use Dark Wood Treant or Greater Earth Elemental for its towering ability.
All the damage to hero is directed to imperial guard and thanks to towering ability (creatures in the same raw cannot take any combat damage) this combo provides invulnerability to your hero :)

You can check out the short video by Infernal_Wisdom here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lEWki2nbc&feature=youtu.be

Or see a commented game where Cucu99 uses it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONpne1f7wVw

Enjoy :)
Aza and the doC Team

PS: don't forget you can submit your own Combos here mmdoc-comboclash@ubisoft.com !

silentbobus
09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure it is a good idea to post that combo here. I've already had one opponent stall out a Swiss match using this tactic + Alia and I was hoping it would remain a secret. What is your ultimate goal in posting these combos?

El_Bokutal
09-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Its actually a 3 cards combo with Eleonor : you need to maintain you tree alive.

Even If find it a very creativve and very interesting deck it's still a 15+ epic cards deck (and many rares to go along) that faced a 1050 ELO player who made quite a few mistakes. :)

By the way Aza : you can't use shadow image on Shinoshi (one of your comments implied something like that).

Probably hard to deploy but it must be real fun once you've settled yourself down and you watch your opponent struggling to find a way through your defense and wondering if they're a bug somewhere. :)

cucu99
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure it is a good idea to post that combo here. I've already had one opponent stall out a Swiss match using this tactic + Alia and I was hoping it would remain a secret. What is your ultimate goal in posting these combos?

This combo isn't that strong, hardly vulnerable against dark magic or bridge.

Durajczyk
09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
I think somebody was defeated by swiss timer :>

silentbobus
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
This combo isn't that strong, hardly vulnerable against dark magic or bridge.

Those both sound like good options, but there are a number of Heroes that won't be playing either of those. After that point an Alia or Elenore heal per turn keeps up the 'no damage lock' indefinitely. Or until the Swiss timer runs out. Does anyone know whether putting Hellfire Maniac in front of the Imperial/Tree block does damage to the Guard? I was thinking about trying that the next time I saw this.

El_Bokutal
09-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Try it on a friendly game.

It should dammage the guard since it's not retaliation nor attack but maniac's card effect.
The tree won't be affected.

El_Bokutal
09-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I think somebody was defeated by swiss timer :>

Therefore it's OP : nerf swiss timer!!!

Durajczyk
09-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Silentbobus made my day!

Daefon
09-05-2013, 05:15 PM
EDIT - posted analysis in wrong thread - was meant to go to jackpot event :(

del170109032657
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Nice analysis, Daefon! Since the Jackpot Challenge is using this card combo this week, you should definitely post your analysis over in the other thread as well. Would be a great way to enter to win some free seals :D

If anyone else wants to get in on the action, here is the topic for the Towering Combo Jackpot Challenge: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/793443

cpttg
09-06-2013, 05:18 AM
bridge = gg

r1dix
09-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Forbidden Flame or other aoe spells = gg

But nethertheless strong combo vs creature decks, that cant get rid of the combo

MarkusLeWolf
01-30-2014, 01:16 AM
Hello, I am fairly new to the game and I like the initiative of this project. I will try to submit something myself one day once i obtain enough cards for combo's :)

Question: is there anywhere a list with all the combo's that won? I do not want to think hours of a genius combo and then find out 372634 people found it out before me :(