PDA

View Full Version : New Artwork - Haven Creature (Crusader Chaplain)

David.ss
09-05-2013, 07:44 AM
There is only 1 artwork preview for Haven creature, I hope there is more... :nonchalance:

http://momcards.fr/uploads/e39ca0984580a8da592ea64dc394c8a5.jpg

*Image taken from http://www.momcards.fr/us/news/main.htm
Thanks to mkghost for telling me the wrong in image source adress ;)

greenoctober
09-05-2013, 07:54 AM
The picture alone is a sure sign that haven is going to be kicking some *** in the new exp. :p

Banehollow89
09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
That is the creature from Matrix.disc stream. Amazing Art!

-Stats are unknown.
-You can't target it as long as it is on full HP
-If he is on the battlefield, you can't resurrect cards from graveyard

Pretty amazing if you ask me. If other creatures are going to be same as this one(in terms of awesomeness) I am really excited for the new expansion! :D

Dannyd137
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Necro counter :((

Hantziie
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I expect the same kind of awesomeness for sanctuary too :)

Banehollow89
09-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Necro counter :((

Mostly yes, but not just Necro. You can't use Light of Tomorrow and Altar of Asha too. I really like the design of it, it is strong, but preventable if you damage him first. He is a counter, but not hard counter, which is really good, because hard counters make the game worse in my opinion.

AbisalAeneas
09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Resurrecting cards is not taking cards from your graveyard. Is not a huge counter. I hope that Haven has new mechanics not only counters for other factions. BTW this artwork is better than the artwork of the Heaven hero "Beloved General".

hydramarine
09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Mostly yes, but not just Necro. You can't use Light of Tomorrow and Altar of Asha too. I really like the design of it, it is strong, but preventable if you damage him first. He is a counter, but not hard counter, which is really good, because hard counters make the game worse in my opinion.
Just a correction;
Chaplain text says "cards in graveyards can't be targetted". So you cant use Shantiri Ruins and Atropos properly but cards like Light of Tomorrow or Angel of Mercy should work normally since they don't target at all.

Banehollow89
09-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Just a correction;
Chaplain text says "cards in graveyards can't be targetted". So you cant use Shantiri Ruins and Atropos properly but cards like Light of Tomorrow or Angel of Mercy should work normally since they don't target at all.

Oh ok, still good mechanic though.

ewrzen
09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Holy inquisitor it's coming....

J4mesR4ge
09-05-2013, 02:43 PM

-Stats are unknown.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. If other creatures are going to be same as this one(in terms of awesomeness) I am really excited for the new expansion! :D

The ability is: When he is on the batlefield both players cant TARGET any card from the graveyard. So that includes Inheritance for example, not only resurrect cards like Atropos or Santuiry Ruins.

Banehollow89
09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah I know, Hydramarine had corrected me already. :)

Atisdai
09-06-2013, 08:03 AM

-Stats are unknown.

Dat moment when it's going to be revealed as an 1/0/2 card.

VampFury
09-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Dat moment when it's going to be revealed as an 1/0/2 card.

Hahahaha xD

It won't. As I remember they stated he is not good for attacking, but IS good in defence. So I would expect him to be ~5hp creature.

Only thing that I am 'afraid' of is his might requirement. He looks like a 'powerful' creature so he might get 5 might requirement which doesn't add to current Haven strategies. But new expansion might add new strategies and all of this is only presumption :P

Infernal_Wisdom
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
This art is awesome, it looks like the first heaven creature who has the courage to gaze ravager in the eye :)

CytherSlash
09-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I would love to see the Speedpaint of this Art on Youtube! Pretty Please Dev Team :)

Morkje
09-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Hahahaha xD

It won't. As I remember they stated he is not good for attacking, but IS good in defence. So I would expect him to be ~5hp creature.

Only thing that I am 'afraid' of is his might requirement. He looks like a 'powerful' creature so he might get 5 might requirement which doesn't add to current Haven strategies. But new expansion might add new strategies and all of this is only presumption :P

I don't think they'll give it a might req above 4.
Maybe a combination of might, magic and destiny like Void Keeper.
Cards that have anything to do with graveyard tend to have Fortune Req.
It could be a 1-2-5(6?) with a req of 3-0-2? for perhaps 3 resource to play?

Untargetable on full HP is so nice, they need to use global damage or attack with creature but then haven guard kick in, or simply moving it out of the way.

Qzin89
09-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Well i think like sandal is going to have another must have against those pesky necros. Then again nerfing necro will be pointless as soon as it's released. It is such a good card to have in meta so if someone is running necro they must have aoe spells (and they CANT go past through monsoons) or dark magic (can't target on full hp) same goes for decay spitter.

I rly like the idea of how necro won't be tournament valid to even Tier2 when this card will be in all those T1-T2 sandalphons.

And even if it has 5 might req, you just add 1-2 of them and simply not use them if you don't play vs necro. Remember sandal can get 2 resources for discarding it from its hand ;)

Banehollow89
09-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Well i think like sandal is going to have another must have against those pesky necros. Then again nerfing necro will be pointless as soon as it's released. It is such a good card to have in meta so if someone is running necro they must have aoe spells (and they CANT go past through monsoons) or dark magic (can't target on full hp) same goes for decay spitter.

I rly like the idea of how necro won't be tournament valid to even Tier2 when this card will be in all those T1-T2 sandalphons.

And even if it has 5 might req, you just add 1-2 of them and simply not use them if you don't play vs necro. Remember sandal can get 2 resources for discarding it from its hand ;)
I don't think that it will hard counter Necro that much. There are a lot of cards that can damage him, so I don't see the point. Anyway, the best 2 decks that Necro has are Nergal Slowpoke and Seria 5/4/3, and both have AoEs that can make quick work of the creature, as I think that it won't go pass 6 HP.

Qzin89
09-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Only seria is dangerous for him you know because of monsoons? ;) Still nergal with pao deathseekers is going to be still strong against him i suppose. Damage him with pao and then use ability on him. Otherwise it has realy nice ability.

VampFury
09-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't think they'll give it a might req above 4.
Maybe a combination of might, magic and destiny like Void Keeper.
Cards that have anything to do with graveyard tend to have Fortune Req.
It could be a 1-2-5(6?) with a req of 3-0-2? for perhaps 3 resource to play?

Untargetable on full HP is so nice, they need to use global damage or attack with creature but then haven guard kick in, or simply moving it out of the way.

Come to think of it, it would made sence. I hope you are right, because I wouldn't like this card to be only reason to go to higher might.

On the other hand as I said, we do not know how meta will change...