PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Encounters in AC4

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 02:47 AM
On twitter, Darby answered my tweet. I asked if there will be dynamic encounters similar to RDR (saving a damsel in distress, chasing a thief, getting in a duel) and he responded by saying that they dont put in anything too unfamiliar, but they do include things like:::::

Saving pirates, couriers, and HANGINGS.

Hangings seem like awesome dynamic things to get involved in, and they already said that there will be many different scenarios for saving pirates, and since you will always be needing to recruit new crewmembers, there very well be just as much variety and frequency dynamic encounters as in RDR.

Mohamed!! I did this for you! Our Wishes have finally been answered! HUG ME!!!

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 03:03 AM
On twitter, Darby answered my tweet. I asked if there will be dynamic encounters similar to RDR (saving a damsel in distress, chasing a thief, getting in a duel) and he responded by saying that they dont put in anything too unfamiliar, but they do include things like:::::

Hangings seem like awesome dynamic things to get involved in, and they already said that there will be many different scenarios for saving pirates, and since you will always be needing to recruit new crewmembers, there very well be just as much variety and frequency dynamic encounters as in RDR.

You and I will rule the world, my love...together, we will have....our new dynamic events (because random events is so 90s)

I hug you...

Seriously, I really appreciate this xD thank you so much :D lets hope it stays...please stay D: can you read this Darby? Ashraf? please...PLEASE make it stay D:

GunnarGunderson
09-04-2013, 03:05 AM

We were promised dynamic encounters in Revelations and we got exactly two repeating scenarios that weren't even fun

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Oh and please be varied D:

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:12 AM
We were promised dynamic encounters in Revelations and we got exactly two repeating scenarios that weren't even fun

The ones they promises were the only ones that ended up in the game. Literally. They promised beat up encounters and carrying boxes, and that is what ended up in the final game.

I trust Ash and I trust Darby when he says this. Maybe it is stupid of me, maybe it is risky to feel this way...but i trust them completely. This is something i could have never said for any of the past dev teams.

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 03:13 AM
The ones they promises were the only ones that ended up in the game. Literally. They promised beat up encounters and carrying boxes, and that is what ended up in the final game.
Umm...actually...they also promised robberies and children asking for help in Revelations >_>

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:13 AM
You and I will rule the world, my love...together, we will have....our new dynamic events (because random events is so 90s)

I hug you...

Seriously, I really appreciate this xD thank you so much :D lets hope it stays...please stay D: can you read this Darby? Ashraf? please...PLEASE make it stay D:

Dynamic encounters rolls of the tongue better XD. Im still being cautious, but i really trust them. You are welcome!

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Umm...actually...they also promised robberies and children asking for help in Revelations >_>

Really? Wow......okay then

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Really? Wow......okay then
It's why I, and many others, are so skeptical D:

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
It's why I, and many others, are so skeptical D:

But didnt they promise those things like around e3 time?

For darby to be confirming dynamic encounters this late into the debug stage, i think it is very valid

Jexx21
09-04-2013, 03:33 AM
dynamic events is what GW2 calls em

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Curious about the hangings... Do you think it means saving people from hanging (see: Connor's near-hanging, Haytham-style)? or do we get to hang people ourselves? lol

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Curious about the hangings... Do you think it means saving people from hanging (see: Connor's near-hanging, Haytham-style)? or do we get to hang people ourselves? lol

Think about what you just said.

Lol jk im sure they mean that you can interupt the corrupt hangings of the innocent. I imagine that these hangings can either be for random citizens or for recruiting pirates.

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Think about what you just said.

Lol jk im sure they mean that you can interupt the corrupt hangings of the innocent. I imagine that these hangings can either be for random citizens or for recruiting pirates.
No hangingz then... *iz sad* :(

lol

Yeah, it's probably about recruiting new crew members. :)

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:54 AM
No hangingz then... *iz sad* :(

lol

Yeah, it's probably about recruiting new crew members. :)

Wat? Yes hangings! You can interupt them and save the citizens!

Are you sad because you cant conduct your own murderous execution ceremony?

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Wat? Yes hangings! You can interupt them and save the citizens!

Are you sad because you cant conduct your own murderous execution ceremony?

I was obviously joking... O_o (plz don't tell me you took my posts seriously. O_o)

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Tehehe...girls are weird..

AnthonyA85
09-04-2013, 03:57 AM
We were also promised (and shown) dynamic events for AC3 round about E3 last year, and ended up with ziltch. Those dynamic conversations that we DID get, don't count IMO

Hopefully, it'll stay in this time, since we're just under 2 months to release (and probably a month from going gold)

Wolfmeister1010
I was obviously joking... O_o

Dont you dare insult my intelligence

Assassin_M
But didnt they promise those things like around e3 time?

For darby to be confirming dynamic encounters this late into the debug stage, i think it is very valid
They did...and maybe you`re right..it is pretty late into development...

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:58 AM
We were also promised (and shown) dynamic events for AC3 round about E3 last year, and ended up with ziltch. Those dynamic conversations that we DID get, don't count IMO

Hopefully, it'll stay in this time, since we're just under 2 months to release (and probably a month from going gold)

Correction: we were shown ONE dynamic event.

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Dont you dare insult my intelligence
Huh?? I'm sorry I don't understand if you're serious or sarcastic right now. O_o

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:59 AM

Correction: we were shown ONE dynamic event.

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 03:59 AM
Huh?? I'm sorry I don't understand if you're serious or sarcastic right now. O_o

Im tired of your **** silver

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 04:00 AM
Im tired of your **** silver
Are you okay?? Serious question.

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Everybody calm down, I have a banana and i`m not afraid to use it..what`s going on here?

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 04:03 AM
Everybody calm down, I have a banana and i`m not afraid to use it..what`s going on here?
I wish I knew... O_o I'm not sure what's happening...

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 04:09 AM

Im joking!!!

Did you really think i would get all *****y towards you for no reason?

Umm, yeah

Assassin_M
09-04-2013, 04:11 AM
Your sarcasm detector needs work, missy...now get back on topic

silvermercy
09-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Im joking!!!

Did you really think i would get all *****y towards you for no reason?

Umm, yeah

Ah okay. I'm relieved. :) Sometimes it's difficult to detect a humorous response without a smilie or something ike that on the internetz. It's after 3 in the morning maybe that's why. lol

Wolfmeister1010
09-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Ah okay. I'm relieved. :) Sometimes it's difficult to detect a humorous response without a smilie or something ike that on the internetz. It's after 3 in the morning maybe that's why. lol

See if i were like, jexx, i would have kept that up until the end of time

Jexx21
09-04-2013, 04:22 AM
wut

pirate1802
09-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Lol Jexx

I-Like-Pie45
09-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Edward will be able to hire random courtesans for sex like in GTA and he will be able to kill them to take back his money
However, sleep one too many and Edward will be struck with an STD and for every STD he gains he perma loses 1 block of health

There's an achievement for that, to eventually kill Edward for bagging too much game

GunnarGunderson
09-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Edward will be able to hire random courtesans for sex like in GTA and he will be able to kill them to take back his money
However, sleep one too many and Edward will be struck with an STD and for every STD he gains he perma loses 1 block of health

There's an achievement for that, to eventually kill Edward for bagging too much game

This is 1715, 1 STD will probably kill you

ArabianFrost
09-04-2013, 08:15 AM

I hug you...

You put too much faith in the hearts of men, Alta´r. They seem more pre-set, non-random and limited to me. Even if it's true, they seem to be far less complicated than those of RDR and with probably even less depth and variety, so you'll get bored of them easily. I don't mind that though. I don't have an obsession with random events.

Farlander1991
09-04-2013, 08:34 AM
People seem to have this pre-conception that random events are actually truly random. They're not, otherwise you'd have stuff like a thug chasing a prostitute in the mountains or smth like that (which doesn't make any sense). Or bugs like people spawning inside objects. Or stuff like that. It's still pre-set to certain areas, with situational pre-fabs, what games like RDR have going for them is the amount of types of random events and different outcomes.

Though, the open sea world in AC4 should allow for some actual random situations, due to it being based on ships only (spawn a random number of ships of a random factions going to a random number of places with random resources, and whoala, see what happens - either a convoy under attack, or a guarded trade route, ot stuff like that) and not having to deal with any kind of terrain or territorial differences (it's all one plain sea).

poptartz20
09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
This is 1715, 1 STD will probably kill you

Too bad STD's didn't exist in 1715! Just SCURVY.

STD's are made up fabrications that people tell you, FREE LOVE FOR ALL!

lol.

pirate1802
09-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Too bad STD's didn't exist in 1715! Just SCURVY.

STD's are made up fabrications that people tell you, FREE LOVE FOR ALL!

lol.

I like you already.

poptartz20
09-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I like you already.

:D Well thank you Pirate! I Like you too!

Farlander1991
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
:D Well thank you Pirate! I Like you too!

Just shut up and kiss each other already. :p

pacmanate
09-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Why did Revelations even have those random events. The box one was just pathetic.

Locopells
09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm guessing it was a feature they started, but ran out of time for, before going gold.

Farlander1991
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty much. And sometimes cutting out something is more time consuming than it seems.Though, I guess when it comes to those two missions,there really was no harm in keeping them

TheDanteEX
09-05-2013, 03:28 AM
The random(?) bandit attacks in Brotherhood were better than carrying boxes and fistfighting drunks. And the liberation events in AC3 could have been really great if they weren't so glitchy and gave you time to comprehend what's going on.

pirate1802
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I liked those stalkers in ACR. Though they were easy as **** to beat down, but then again so is the rest of AC.. :p Make them harder. they should be able to like take away half of your health if they ambush you and you're not prepared.