PDA

View Full Version : What about Edward's fleet.

Dutchman141
09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I have been searching the net and can't find that much about what you can do with the captured ships you send to your fleet.

I learned that during the game you can send about ten ships to your fleet.
Besides managing them on a seperate mobile app I didn't find much detail on what you can do with them "In Game".

Does anyone know ?

I did a search on the forum but couldn't find much either.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

roostersrule2
09-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe you could use them to help Shepard fight the reapers.

thekyle0
09-02-2013, 03:51 PM
As far as I know, nobody knows. However, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they work the same way as the assassin recruits from Brotherhood and Revelations. They're sure to be pieces in menu driven gameplay where you send the ships on missions and they return with resources for upgrading the Jack Daw.

As far as actual gameplay goes, we can hope that the ships can sail along with Edward as reinforcements or be sent ahead to skirmish with a larger ship or fort allowing the Jack Daw to skirt by, but there has been no mention of that yet.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
They're probably similar to the naval convoys in AC3. Only instead of certain routes having greater risks than others, certain ships will be better-equipped than others and more likely to deliver your goods safely.

Jexx21
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
they're like the meta-game you had with your Assassin recruits in ACB, ACR, and AC3.

Ashraf says that with the companion app you can even play these missions yourself, but it's probably a 2D game or something similar.

silvermercy
09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I read "feet" instead of "fleet" and was about to ask 'what about Edward's feet!?' O_o

Dutchman141
09-02-2013, 08:47 PM
they're like the meta-game you had with your Assassin recruits in ACB, ACR, and AC3.

I don't realy understand what you mean with "meta-game", is it like you can call them as reinforcement during a fight ?
Please excuse me for asking, I'm still pretty new to the AC series.

Jexx21
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
No, you can't call on them at all, in fact, you probably never see them in person in Black Flag. It's like how in AC3 you could send your recruits to different colonies to rid them of Templar control and also get XP for your recruits and money.

adventurewomen
09-02-2013, 09:01 PM
I read "feet" instead of "fleet" and was about to ask 'what about Edward's feet!?' O_o
LMFAO, I read it the same the first time I saw the title! ;)

I-Like-Pie45
09-02-2013, 09:04 PM

You sicko

silvermercy
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
LMFAO, I read it the same the first time I saw the title! ;)
hahaha! I was creating theories in my mind: one foot is Templar foot and the other Assassin. Hence, his indecision which way to go. :|
lol

You sicko
aw yisss. Feet fetish FTW!

Dutchman141
09-02-2013, 09:07 PM
No, you can't call on them at all, in fact, you probably never see them in person in Black Flag. It's like how in AC3 you could send your recruits to different colonies to rid them of Templar control and also get XP for your recruits and money.
Ah I see.

I was wondering if the fleet would be something like that, or either as mentioned before as trade convoys or such like in AC3.
The way I look at it and understand so far what they are for I'll most likely max out my crew first or repair the Jackdaw before adding the captured ships to my fleet.

adventurewomen
09-02-2013, 09:11 PM
hahaha! I was creating theories in my mind: one foot is Templar foot and the other Assassin. Hence, his indecision which way to go. :|
lol
Hahaha! We think alike! ;)

LightRey
09-02-2013, 09:16 PM
lol

aw yisss. Feet fetish FTW!
>___>;

silvermercy
09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
>___>;
lol I don't have a foot fetish... <___<

(but my theory was very valid)

ArabianFrost
09-02-2013, 09:27 PM

Have you seen Edward's feet imprints on the sand I the horizon trailer?.I mean who wouldn't start a videogame foot fetish trend for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HavYNOXN_Yk

I-Like-Pie45
09-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I demand pics of your feet silver
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Creepy-Cat-Hiding-Behind-Bed.jpg

silvermercy
09-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Mine could never reach Frost's glorious feet photos. :( I hang my feet - err... head - in shame.

EDIT: dat foot trail...

LightRey
09-02-2013, 09:39 PM

Suuuure ya don't... >_____>

fightinTXaggie
09-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Has there been any info on what operating systems and what requirements our phone will need to run the companion app? I have a particularly low-end Android, so I've been a little worried about being able to get it.

ArabianFrost
09-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Mine could never reach Frost's glorious feet photos. :( I hang my feet - err... head - in shame.

EDIT: dat foot trail...

Yup. Don't you even try. I'm the feet queen here. Hey Pie, you want to see my feet in the shower ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) We'll get wet and dirty....or more like wet and clean ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(Ok. This is as perverted as I can get. I'll go wash myself now. Writing that felt horrible).

adventurewomen
09-02-2013, 09:56 PM

Thank god you're asking someone else this time! :)

LightRey
09-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Thank god you're asking someone else this time! :)
That reminds me; weren't you going to post a picture of yourself at some point?

ArabianFrost
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM

lel.

ABORT SHIP! ABORT SHIP! JUST POST PICTURES OF YOUR FEET AND AVOID THE AWKWARDNESS OF POSTING YOUR PIC.

That is all. Have a nice day.

adventurewomen
09-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Yes, I know, just not right now. :o

Oleg l Kirrlov
09-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Yes, I know, just not right now. :o

Found it :cool:
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t448/tyromebiglips/shaquiqui.jpg (http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/tyromebiglips/media/shaquiqui.jpg.html)

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 01:37 AM
if that's really a picture of her..

you're a creeper :P

Oleg l Kirrlov
09-03-2013, 03:26 AM

No I googled sha qui qui :P

pirate1802
09-03-2013, 05:00 AM

Someone has a foot fetish.. >.<

I don't realy understand what you mean with "meta-game", is it like you can call them as reinforcement during a fight ?
Please excuse me for asking, I'm still pretty new to the AC series.

They are like those minigames where you could send your assassin recruits on far-off lands to execute missions but you can't directly participate in them. You can only see them on a menu screen. I guess its something similar. Though what I wouldn't give to have a fleet of ships by my side firing cannons! O_O :O

Dutchman141
09-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Someone has a foot fetish.. >.<

I'm shocked at how fast so many threads are de-railed here on this forum :eek:

They are like those minigames where you could send your assassin recruits on far-off lands to execute missions but you can't directly participate in them. You can only see them on a menu screen. I guess its something similar.

I understand that now, I like this feature but as I said before I'll most likely use the captured ships for adding crew and repairs first.

Though what I wouldn't give to have a fleet of ships by my side firing cannons! O_O :O

Absolutely !!! That would have been awesome.

pirate1802
09-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Threads getting derailed is something you'd get used to, if you spend a sizable amount of time here, :D. Also, its not always a bad thing. Sometimes they derail into funny conversations, and sometimes a troll thread gets derailed into a serious conversation :eek:.

adventurewomen
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Found it :cool:
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t448/tyromebiglips/shaquiqui.jpg
That's not me! :p

Yeah it would be if I was that girl.

No I googled sha qui qui :P
Haha! :D

Black_Widow9
09-04-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm getting a little tired of having to tell you guys in every thread to stay on Topic when there is already an Off Topic Thread. Please don't make me start handing out Infractions for spam because you can't control yourselves... :(

Whyatterp
12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Could someone please tell me how to access fleet control, I can add ships to fleet, add docks and remove ships and that is all. I'm now approx. 45% through game and wondered if it was a particular level that it kicked in. Just noticed this is console forum, don' t know how I managed to post here as originally viewing pc section, as this is pc i'm having the issue with.