PDA

View Full Version : Which planes have fire extinguishers?

lucas_valentine
03-12-2004, 09:15 AM
I have finally found a plane with an airbrake(the p38) but I have yet to find a plane with a fire extinguisher...does anyone know if any of the planes have them?...Obviously I have bound a key to operate the fire extinguisher..but on every plane I've tried so far nothing happens...any ideas?

lucas_valentine
03-12-2004, 09:15 AM
I have finally found a plane with an airbrake(the p38) but I have yet to find a plane with a fire extinguisher...does anyone know if any of the planes have them?...Obviously I have bound a key to operate the fire extinguisher..but on every plane I've tried so far nothing happens...any ideas?

DamienW
03-12-2004, 09:21 AM
As far as i know, the only plane with fire extinguisher is ironically one of the most obsolete ones : the TB3.

As for airbrakes, they are in fact dive brakes, and are found on the P38L, and the Stuka B and D versions (plus some AI planes).

Vortex_uk
03-12-2004, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DamienW:

As for airbrakes, they are in fact dive brakes, and are found on the P38L, and the Stuka B and D versions (plus some AI planes).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ju-88,BF-110 and Me-410,

but on the BF-110 when you put the airbrakes on,nothing pops out...but the text says there are airbrakes.

}-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-{

~S~
from =97th=Vortex

http://www.gamefileworld.com/upimages/newbanner.jpg
www.freewebs.com/fightingpumas (http://www.freewebs.com/fightingpumas)

Moog42
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I took a few rounds from a B-17 gunner through the starboard engine of my Me-262-A1a last week and it caught on fire; lots of flame and lots of smoke. I selected that engine and pressed the extinguisher combo (Ctrl-F on mine) and the flames disappeared! The mile-long trail of thick black smoke was a dead giveaway though, and with just the one engine remaining working overtime, I couldn't catch up to the B-17s. The starboard engine easily overheated above 90% so I had to call it a day and RTB, grateful that the seemingly useless key combo actually saved my life on this occasion.

CaptainGelo
03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moog42:
I took a few rounds from a B-17 gunner through the starboard engine of my Me-262-A1a last week and it caught on fire; lots of flame and lots of smoke. I selected that engine and pressed the extinguisher combo (Ctrl-F on mine) and the flames disappeared! The mile-long trail of thick black smoke was a dead giveaway though, and with just the one engine remaining working overtime, I couldn't catch up to the B-17s. The starboard engine easily overheated above 90% so I had to call it a day and RTB, grateful that the seemingly useless key combo actually saved my life on this occasion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me262 doesnt have fire extinguisher, u was jut lucky that fire went out right when u pressed key....

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/wolf4ever/p38abig.jpg

DamienW
03-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Indeed. If the plane had an extinguisher you'd get a hud message saying so when you press the key, and you'll see a large cloud of white smoke when using it (try it anytime on the TB3). If this doesn't happen, your planes hasn't get a fire extinguisher.

tfu_iain1
03-12-2004, 10:44 AM
ive always found with the 262 that even if the fire goes out it starts back up anyway... usually on approach to the runway where you can't bale out. still, possibly realistic, if by going slow it gives the fire a chance to start up again, and the engine would still be roasting hot