PDA

View Full Version : Boxed edition & Steam

JellyStein
08-29-2013, 07:31 PM
so i only have one question
if i preorder the boxed-edition (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/de_DE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.285837700) in the ubi shop, will i get a code that works on steam or only a uplay code?

fadeeaway
08-30-2013, 10:09 AM
so i only have one question
if i preorder the boxed-edition (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/de_DE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.285837700) in the ubi shop, will i get a code that works on steam or only a uplay code?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Masterluck86
08-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I think it is only uplay. I read it somewhere, but I cannot remember where it was.

JellyStein
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
anyone know exactly? not just "heard" "maybe" "do not know where".

JellyStein
09-02-2013, 02:42 PM
okay if no one know's this.
if i preorder the Boxed edition, can i cancel my order to get my money back if there is no steam key?

Archeon30
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't even see the boxed edition on uplay.. I get server error.. did they remove it? I'd like to try the game and I want the boxed edition but I don't want to pay twice... someone experiencing the same problem?

Masterluck86
09-02-2013, 10:03 PM
From which country are you? There are several countries where you cannot buy the box like the US or Canada or the asian countries.

JellyStein
09-02-2013, 11:26 PM
i am from germany.
i can buy... but want to know which key is in there

relair13
09-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Why would you get a steam key? Uplay is basically a similar service and Ubi's other games that run through it that I own don't come with a steam key, like Heroes of M&M VI, so there's no reason to think this one would be any different. You still have to have a uplay account even if you get the steam edition, so if you are trying to avoid uplay that's not going to happen. I'd just get the boxed version and consider yourself lucky, they won't even sell it to us in the US =(

Archeon30
09-03-2013, 12:15 PM
From which country are you? There are several countries where you cannot buy the box like the US or Canada or the asian countries.

I am from Canada... you mean that I won't be able to preorder/buy the boxed edition at all or just while it is on Early Access?

SadFerret
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
You'd have to use Uplay too regardless, so why would you want a Steam key?

JellyStein
09-04-2013, 09:05 AM
did not know that steam will start uplay...
last time i used uplay was with settlers and assassins creed 1 and with both i had the same problem ...
play it for 2-4 hours, than i got the message "you have been disconnected can't save the game"
and i must play the last 2-4 again and again ... that hat pissed me off that i played settlers after 6 hours because of 3 disconnects never again
at assassins creed i played 10 hours same repeating error both i send back to amazon but bought the assassins creed for ps3
so i just hoped that i could play mmx without uplay

relair13
09-04-2013, 02:47 PM
It's stable these days, at least as stable as any online connected game center can be. I could play heroes VI for 5+ hrs and it never disconnects, so I wouldn't worry too much and let that keep you from trying out the game =) I've had more problems with battle.net and origin and others than I have with Uplay, but it never hurts to save often just in case!

twofoldsilence
09-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Why would you get a steam key? Uplay is basically a similar service and Ubi's other games that run through it that I own don't come with a steam key, like Heroes of M&M VI, so there's no reason to think this one would be any different. You still have to have a uplay account even if you get the steam edition, so if you are trying to avoid uplay that's not going to happen. I'd just get the boxed version and consider yourself lucky, they won't even sell it to us in the US =(

I second this. I have been playing the Might and Magic series since 4. I went back after finishing 4 and 5 to play through 1, 2, and 3, and I even bought the boxed version of MMIX, but I can't get the boxed version of MMX, so those that can get the boxed set of MMX should feel lucky as I may never see it in the US. Especially, since it uses online authentication and Ubisoft DRM, so I can't even spend the extra money to get the UK boxed version as I have done in the past on several occasions.

Archeon30
09-09-2013, 10:15 PM
seriously.. no boxed edition for US/Canada??? well to me it means No boxed edition = no money from me. I don't pay for what I can't hold, in my hands.