PDA

View Full Version : Number of sequences !!

White24Room
08-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi guys !

I saw on uplay that we have an action which is " Complete sequence 13". So I guess there are 13 sequences in the game.

Sorry if there is already a thread about that news

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/490081s13.jpg

ACfan443
08-29-2013, 06:29 PM
So one more sequence than AC3,
Didn't AC3's achievements/trophies leak this time last year as well?

phoenix-force411
08-29-2013, 06:49 PM
ACIII's sequences were lame and too short. Very linear. Nothing memorable. I don't replay sequences at all in ACIII. Don't know about ACIV, but if those Optional Objectives are just a bunch of Ubisoft trolls, I'll just give up after beating ACIV.

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
This is good. I bet that starting in the 2nd sequence, we will have one or two assassination targets each sequence. The first sequence will most likely be about Edward getting the jackdaw and meeting the assassins

pirate1802
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
"Saw this one coming"...

I wonder the testicles what that might be, and hope to dear god that it isn't the return of zombified Desmond.

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 07:04 PM
"Saw this one coming"...

I wonder the testicles what that might be, and hope to dear god that it isn't the return of zombified Desmond.
Would you see it coming?

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:04 PM
"Saw this one coming"...

What the testicles!

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Sounds long enough doesn't it? There better not be any just filled with scripted events and QTE assassinations, especially not at the end like in AC3.

pirate1802
08-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Would you see it coming?

Why do you suppose I have my fish ready?

pirate1802
08-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Anyway, the number of sequences mean nothing. I'd be more interested in the number of missions. In AC3 Connor had less missions than Ezio had in ACR. Quite embarrassing if you think of it. And a few of those so-called "sequences" were no longer than one or two missions long so.

AidenPixxel
08-29-2013, 07:08 PM
"Saw this one coming"...

Haytham I suppose

pirate1802
08-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Haytham I suppose

In that case I'd be the happiest person in the world.

AidenPixxel
08-29-2013, 07:10 PM
In that case I'd be the happiest person in the world.

I can bet on it

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:11 PM
So one more sequence than AC3,
Didn't AC3's achievements/trophies leak this time last year as well?

Ac3 achievments were leaked on September 17 2012

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Anyway, the number of sequences mean nothing. I'd be more interested in the number of missions. In AC3 Connor had less missions than Ezio had in ACR. Quite embarrassing if you think of it. And a few of those so-called "sequences" were no longer than one or two missions long so.

Pretty sure Edward's getting a full game. If he isn't -- I'll turn the game of, I'll eject the disc, stick it in its case and clatter it repeatedly with my cazzo.

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 07:12 PM

How in gods name do you remember that? What time was it out of curiosity?

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:25 PM
How in gods name do you remember that? What time was it out of curiosity?

I just googled "assassins creed 3 achievements leak" on google and the first 10 results were about how "the ac3 achievements have just been leaked" and they were all dated on sep 17

Hans684
08-29-2013, 07:29 PM
The 'Saw That One Coming' is either about Edward or the 'research analyst'.

iI ElitePred Ii
08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
My first thought was the 'saw that one coming' would be Edward's death because a lot of people know about it.
But then I thought non of the main characters die in their game.

So my guess is that it will be something about Juno.

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:38 PM
My first thought was the 'saw that one coming' would be Edward's death because a lot of people know about it.
But then I thought non of the main characters die in their game.

So my guess is that it will be something about Juno.

Just because it has never happened before doesn't mean it won't! John marston died in RDR!

And for people who say "but if he is dead then how can we freeroam after the game?": ezio gave up being an assassin at the den of revelations, and we were still able to freeroam with him normally.

ACfan443
08-29-2013, 07:41 PM

That was a fun day, I was having a constant inner battle of will of whether to click on the list or not. I eventually did and saw the achievement 'how dya like them apples?' ..it propelled my hype to another level for some reason.

A uplay achievement with a picture of Connor's mother also leaked, people thought it was a man back then lmao.

Wolfmeister1010
08-29-2013, 07:42 PM
That was a fun day, I was having a constant inner battle of will of whether to click on the list or not. I eventually did and saw the achievement 'how dya like them apples?' ..it propelled my hype to another level for some reason.

A uplay achievement with a picture of Connor's mother also leaked, people thought it was a man back then lmao.

I remember that.

For me, the achievement leak is the best part of pre game hype

P00NDOCKSAINT
08-29-2013, 07:43 PM
I think it has something to do with the time travel POE thats been mentioned in AC3 emails. That's why the achievement is "saw that one coming" because it has something to do with time travel. Just my speculation...

D.I.D.
08-29-2013, 07:44 PM

This. I don't even care about the number of missions, when it comes down to it. I just want good ones, and if they're good, I'll happily play the game again.

Dishonored had a tiny number of missions compared to any AC game, but it's a great game that I'll play for years, and the DLC was excellent too.

Jexx21
08-29-2013, 07:46 PM
I think it has something to do with the time travel POE thats been mentioned in AC3 emails. That's why the achievement is "saw that one coming" because it has something to do with time travel. Just my speculation...
there was no time travel PoE in the AC3 e-mails. There was a mention of one in an e-mail in AC1, but they said they locked it up.

iI ElitePred Ii
08-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Just because it has never happened before doesn't mean it won't! John marston died in RDR!

And for people who say "but if he is dead then how can we freeroam after the game?": ezio gave up being an assassin at the den of revelations, and we were still able to freeroam with him normally.

I've mentioned somewhere before that in the end Edward could die and then you would free roam as Haytham, but I don't think that'll happen anymore.

If he does die an explantion for him coming back is that the animus restored a memory of him at his peak.

ACfan443
08-29-2013, 07:52 PM
I remember that.

For me, the achievement leak is the best part of pre game hype

I just checked, AC3's achievements were officially released on 15th of September, but actually leaked a few weeks prior to that, on that basis we'll probably be getting Black Flag's achievements very soon

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 08:00 PM
15 hour story....13 sequences....some sequences are going to be hella short xD

ACfan443
08-29-2013, 08:01 PM
15 hour story....13 sequences....some sequences are going to be hella short xD

How many hours was AC2?

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 08:05 PM
How many hours was AC2?
About 19 hours from my experience on average

Jexx21
08-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Darby says that AC4 should be 20 hours on average.

Which according to the range of 15-25 hours makes sense.

lothario-da-be
08-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Maybe sequence 11 and 12 are dlc?

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 08:45 PM

That would be terrible. Why make us pay for two sequences before his story's even finished? Oh wait...

lothario-da-be
08-29-2013, 08:46 PM
that would be terrible. Why make us pay for two sequences before his story's even finished? Oh wait...
ac2...

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 08:51 PM
ac2...

Indeed...

I would think we're only getting the Adewale DLC for the main story and the rest will probably be multiplayer. Who knows though? Maybe we'll get an abstergo DLC for our first person character -- I'd like to see that if I enjoy the modern day story, which I believe I will.

Assassin_M
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/cold30/Stone-Cold.gif

Wolfmeister1010
That would be terrible. Why make us pay for two sequences before his story's even finished? Oh wait...

Lol

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 08:53 PM
3 posts in the same minute...weird.

lothario-da-be
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Indeed...

I would think we're only getting the Adewale DLC for the main story and the rest will probably be multiplayer. Who knows though? Maybe we'll get an abstergo DLC for our first person character -- I'd like to see that if I enjoy the modern day story, which I believe I will.
Is the adewale dlc already confirmed?

Jexx21
08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
sequences 1-3 are of edward's fathers, 4-5 are him getting the jackdaw and assassin abilities, 6-13 is when the assassinatons start

LoyalACFan
08-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Hopefully the pacing is better this time, so we actually get into assassinations before Sequence freaking 6.

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Is the adewale dlc already confirmed?

Yes. By Ashraf I believe.

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 09:02 PM
sequences 1-3 are of edward's fathers, 4-5 are him getting the jackdaw and assassin abilities, 6-13 is when the assassinatons start

ZOMG nat bye-ing.

lothario-da-be
08-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes. By Ashraf I believe.
Haven't seen any advertisments for it though.

LoyalACFan
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM

'Tis a bit early, and they caught some flak last year for advertising DLC long before the game came out,

Shahkulu101
08-29-2013, 09:04 PM

Of course you haven't. :) They'll be out nearer the time when AC4 is released.

StirringHook14
08-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I am satisfied with this, once I thought the Assassin's Creed games should have 24 Sequences, I am a mad man and I love it haha!
13 Sequences are satisfying to me. I just hope it doesn't go so fast. But with all the side missions and small islands, and ship battles it can be a fantastic experience.

TheDanteEX
08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling I'll only see it coming after reading this thread..

TheHumanTowel
08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Hopefully they're nice meaty sequences and doesn't have a load that only have two missions in them. Also don't hope they pull an AC3 and wait until sequence 6 or 7 for the actual game to start.

Farlander1991
08-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Number of sequences really doesn't mean anything. AC3 has got 12 sequences and 44 missions, ACR - 9 sequences and 52 missions. AC2 has 14 sequences and 85 missions, but... that's just too damn much, to be honest. Already discussed in one thread how the mission quality takes a huge dive down at certain points. Honestly, if we're going to have around 5 missions per sequence (which would give approx. 65 missions), I think it's going to be just fine.

TheHumanTowel
08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Well AC2 technically only has 12 sequences because 12 and 13 are DLC. Unless you already excluded those in your mission totals.

Farlander1991
08-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Well AC2 technically only has 12 sequences because 12 and 13 are DLC. Unless you already excluded those in your mission totals.

No, I've included those. Since they are part of the main campaign, i.e. a numbered sequence (plus are included on PC by default). Though, honestly, it's sequences 9 and 10 (which aren't DLC) that start causing the big trouble.

D.I.D.
08-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Number of sequences really doesn't mean anything. AC3 has got 12 sequences and 44 missions, ACR - 9 sequences and 52 missions. AC2 has 14 sequences and 85 missions, but... that's just too damn much, to be honest. Already discussed in one thread how the mission quality takes a huge dive down at certain points. Honestly, if we're going to have around 5 missions per sequence (which would give approx. 65 missions), I think it's going to be just fine.

I doubt it's going to happen this time, but I'd love it if the next AC just starts by dropping you directly into an assassin's life, mid-mission, without having to explain the character's whole life sequentially. Put us right in the middle of a really exciting mission, give me something thrilling to do.

AC1 was really nice in that Altair's life was pretty well established, and you were aware he already had a history within the order. ACB and ACR didn't suffer for beginning with minimal backstory for the ancestor, but both contrived ways to hobble Ezio. I understand that they did this to create training levels, but I think it's unnecessary. I think we've gone a bit overboard with both Ezio and Connor having to go through their childhood Karate Kid stuff too, and the writers' interest in showing us exactly how they came to be assassins, so I hope that's not a factor when AC V rolls around. That's all stuff we can find out in the story as it unfolds, if it's really necessary. Chances are, it's not.

AnthonyA85
08-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I believe "Saw That One Coming..." could most likely refer to either Haythem defecting from the Assassins and joining the Templars, as we know he did (but there will be those playing who haven't read "Forsaken" so they won't know exactly when), or it could have something to do with Juno, but it's most likely Haythem's defection.

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 10:41 PM
I believe "Saw That One Coming..." could most likely refer to either Haythem defecting from the Assassins and joining the Templars, as we know he did (but there will be those playing who haven't read "Forsaken" so they won't know exactly when), or it could have something to do with Juno, but it's most likely Haythem's defection.
Haytham doesnt defect from the Assassins. Haytham was never an Assassin to being with. He was getting trained to become one, but he never knew of the Assassins` existence nor his father`s allegiance to them prior to becoming a Templar..

ArabianFrost
08-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Something tells me it's a teaser to something Connor related.

Jexx21
08-29-2013, 11:17 PM
I doubt it's going to happen this time, but I'd love it if the next AC just starts by dropping you directly into an assassin's life, mid-mission, without having to explain the character's whole life sequentially. Put us right in the middle of a really exciting mission, give me something thrilling to do.

Technically, AC3 did this. It wasn't an Assassin though, it was a Templar.

LoyalACFan
08-29-2013, 11:39 PM

Yup. Either that, or Edward's death.

Farlander1991
08-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Yup. Either that, or Edward's death.

Which would mean young Haytham, which, considering how Ashraf did NOT answer a straight out 'no' (instead it was a pretty evasive answer) in one of the interviews about Haytham's appearance (like they did with saying that Connor doesn't appear at all) means that it may be the case.

LoyalACFan
08-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Which would mean young Haytham, which, considering how Ashraf did NOT answer a straight out 'no' (instead it was a pretty evasive answer) in one of the interviews about Haytham's appearance (like they did with saying that Connor doesn't appear at all) means that it may be the case.

Yeah. I'm totally convinced we're gonna see Haytham in some form.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:01 AM
OMG!! Please let this be!! :D

D.I.D.
08-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Technically, AC3 did this. It wasn't an Assassin though, it was a Templar.

True, but AC3 didn't start with "exciting" so much as "pretty", which is a step in the right direction at least. It didn't roll from there though, and the game really forgot about excitement and tension almost completely from that point forward. They showed me something good, and then snatched the game away from me and never fully gave ti back. Tutorials as far as the eye can see. And my God, is it tedious when you try and play either ACR or AC3 for a second time. The third must be torture, but I wouldn't know because I couldn't make it further than Haytham's earily missions when attempting a second run.

I'd like it to be, "Here's his/her life, here's the place where she/he lives, omgomgomg, bet you're itching to know where this goes". Then on a second go, I'd be recapturing that game I loved right away. AC has a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory these days.

Lass4r
08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Just to clarify, there is AT LEAST 13 sequences, the achievement doesn't say it's the last sequence.

Aphex_Tim
08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
True, but AC3 didn't start with "exciting" so much as "pretty", which is a step in the right direction at least. It didn't roll from there though, and the game really forgot about excitement and tension almost completely from that point forward. They showed me something good, and then snatched the game away from me and never fully gave ti back.

It's feels weird. Every time I attempt a new AC3 playthrough, I get that "this is gonna be good" feeling. That moment you walk into the opera house always gives me goosebumps. It has such a rich atmosphere. But once leaving London I suddenly can't be bothered anymore. All that excitement is suddenly just gone.

ArabianFrost
08-30-2013, 10:06 AM
OMG!! Please let this be!! :D

Not a Connor game per se though. It can be a game in the time of Connor under his leadership or whatever, but I don't think they would ever even dare make a Connor game after the mixed reviews he got. Just saying. Don't turn this into a Connor war thread

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Not a Connor game per se though. It can be a game in the time of Connor under his leadership or whatever, but I don't think they would ever even dare make a Connor game after the mixed reviews he got. Just saying. Don't turn this into a Connor war thread
Interesting way of looking at t, and I wasn't going to make this thread that! -__-

ArabianFrost
08-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Interesting way of looking at t, and I wasn't going to make this thread that! -__-

I'm sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news, but after Ezio, no way in hell they're going down that path again.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news, but after Ezio, no way in hell they're going down that path again.See you see that way but to most fans Ezio getting more games was perfect. I don't 100% agree with that but I loved both ACB and ACR. Although peoples reactions to Connor were not as good as Ezio's.

ArabianFrost
08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
See you see that way but to most fans Ezio getting more games was perfect. I don't 100% agree with that but I loved both ACB and ACR. Although peoples reactions to Connor were not as good as Ezio's.

Making them full games burned the series and made it more familiar than my mother. If anything at all, Ezio's character was ruined for me with ACB due to his monotony that even supersedes that of which people think of Connor.

Agreed. Maybe it's not something Connor related. Maybe it's something that makes Edward quit the Caribbean for good and return to London. Hell, maybe "saw that one coming" is just some sort of ironic joke, when in reality, no one saw it coming. Another theory is about Hornigold and him becoming a pirate hunter.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Making them full games burned the series and made it more familiar than my mother. If anything at all, Ezio's character was ruined for me with ACB due to his monotony that even supersedes that of which people think of Connor.

Agreed. Maybe it's not something Connor related. Maybe it's something that makes Edward quit the Caribbean for good and return to London. Hell, maybe "saw that one coming" is just some sort of ironic joke, when in reality, no one saw it coming. Another theory is about Hornigold and him becoming a pirate hunter.I don't agree with the first part, but opinions and ****.

It wont be Connor, didn't they already confirm no Connor?

ArabianFrost
08-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't agree with the first part, but opinions and ****.

It wont be Connor, didn't they already confirm no Connor?

Thanks for not dragging on this stale, repetitive argument.

They didn't confirm or deny it. At this point, I don't even care what their decision is, I just want to end this endless, pointless debate about Connor being in the game or not. For the record, Hutchinson said they may have another Connor game if the reception is well. While it's quite subjective how Connor's reception is, I'd say it wasn't as overwhelming as Ezio initially. Add to that the fact that Alex said Ubisoft wants to have a new protagonist with every game, so I'll have my doubts about this Connor thing.

Farlander1991
08-30-2013, 11:07 AM
This "Saw That Coming" might also be regarding a "WTF?!" cliffhanger ending.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry I have to be the bearer of bad news, but after Ezio, no way in hell they're going down that path again.
Hmm yeah, IDK I like to keep a positive outlook.

White24Room
08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Maybe there's a kind of Epilgue with Haytham. That'd be amazing.

Farlander1991
08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Hmm yeah, IDK I like to keep a positive outlook.

You can also look at it as "The better characters get less games", if you want :D (Altair fans, that works for you too, btw :) )

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 11:27 AM
You can also look at it as "The better characters get less games", if you want :D (Altair fans, that works for you too, btw :) )
Agreed! :D

Ezio was alright, but he's not a great character, Connor is the better character. :)

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Altair: 13 sequences (including AC2 and ACR)
Ezio: 33 sequences (with DLC)
Connor: 15 sequences (with DLC)

lolololollololololololololololollololol

Farlander1991
08-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Altair: 13 sequences (including AC2 and ACR)
Ezio: 33 sequences (with DLC)
Connor: 15 sequences (with DLC)

lolololollololololololololololollololol

Well... truth be told, there's other side to this equation.
Altair: ~68 missions (including AC2 and ACR)
Ezio: ~179 missions
Connor: 34 missions :p

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Connor: 34 missions :plolololololol at Altair and the Jerk.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Connor: 34 missions :p
THIS!!! Exactly, Connor had the least missions!

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 11:46 AM
THIS!!! Exactly, Connor had the least missions!I'm not sure what you're getting at?

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure what you're getting at?
Your beloved Ezio has too many missions :p, Connor had the least his gameplay was shorter.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Your beloved Ezio has too many missions :p, Connor had the least his gameplay was shorter.Not really, since when did shorter mean better? Even Connor's biggest fan thinks his missions sucked.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Not really, since when did shorter mean better? Even Connor's biggest fan thinks his missions sucked.
That's not what I mean, Connor just deserved better missions. I know I was disappointed with the "ending" he got. :-|

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
That's not what I mean, Connor just deserved better missions. I know I was disappointed with the "ending" he got. :-|I liked his ending, mainly because he was gone. Haha nah I loved Connor as much as Altair, not as much as that guy from the best AC game but I still loved him. Anyway I thought his ending was good, you don't need cliffhangers or explosions to end a game just one that fits the character,

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:01 PM
I liked his ending, mainly because he was gone. Haha nah I loved Connor as much as Altair, not as much as that guy from the best AC game but I still loved him. Anyway I thought his ending was good, you don't need cliffhangers or explosions to end a game just one that fits the character,
Ubisoft just left a clif-hanger on Connor and that's just sad, because they don't even want to go back a revist him allow his character more time to develop more he's a deep character often in his own thought you can see this during his Navel Missions cutscenes. That's what some fans didn't understand about Connor his complexity, deep in thought most of the time. This is one of the features of him that made his personality much more realistic than compared to Ezio for example.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Ubisoft just left a clif-hanger on Connor and that's just sad, because they don't even want to go back a revist him allow his character more time to develop more he's a deep character often in his own thought you can see this during his Navel Missions cutscenes. That's what some fans didn't understand about Connor his complexity, deep in thought most of the time. This is one of the features of him that made his personality much more realistic than compared to Ezio for example.No they didn't, his story was told, I think you're over complicating him he was not that complex. I don't see how any of the characters are more realistic then another character, it's basically who you can relate to more. I relate to Ezio more, so I find him the better character.

pirate1802
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM

Well, we certainly saw that one coming...

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, we certainly saw that one coming...Thanks for spoiling the DLC for me.

Farlander1991
08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Ubisoft just left a clif-hanger on Connor and that's just sad

I love Connor, but... he doesn't have a cliff-hanger. He had a full rounded story. Which was a very cool subversion of the traditional Hero's Journey. Just because it ends in a tragic and somewhat ambiguous manner doesn't mean it's a cliffhanger.

pirate1802
08-30-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't see how any of the characters are more realistic then another character, it's basically who you can relate to more.

Exactly. You are real, so the character the real "you" can relate to more, is realistic for you. Its all totally subjective. I've seen the same characters being described as realistic and original, and also as stupid and unoriginal. Whatever suits you.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:28 PM
No they didn't, his story was told, I think you're over complicating him he was not that complex. I don't see how any of the characters are more realistic then another character, it's basically who you can relate to more. I relate to Ezio more, so I find him the better character.
I still believe that Connor deserves more, I relate to him the most.

I love Connor, but... he doesn't have a cliff-hanger. He had a full rounded story. Which was a very cool subversion of the traditional Hero's Journey. Just because it ends in a tragic and somewhat ambiguous manner doesn't mean it's a cliffhanger.
It seems like a clif-hanger because I'm a fan, I agree it was a nice subversion of a Hero's Journey.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
I still believe that Connor deserves more, I relate to him the most.

It seems like a clif-hanger because I'm a fan, I agree it was a nice subversion of a Hero's Journey.Well Ubisoft doesn't sell to individuals, so you're out of luck.

Something can't just be a cliffhanger because you're a fan? I don't see how Connor digging a hole got you on the edge of your seat with your jaw dropped.

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Sounds long enough doesn't it? There better not be any just filled with scripted events and QTE assassinations, especially not at the end like in AC3.

But AC3 had sequence 11 and 12 practically merge into one, it was pointless. Not to mention it was very linear.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Well Ubisoft don't sell to individuals, so you're out of luck.

Something can't just be a cliffhanger because you're a fan? I don't see how Connor digging a hole got you on the edge of your seat with your jaw dropped.
There's a fanbase for Connor, so not just me!

That's not what I'm talking about I was talking about the cutscene - I mean the one where Juno talked to Connor.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:38 PM
There's a fanbase for Connor, so not just me!

That's not what I'm talking about I was talking about the cutscene - I mean the one where Juno talked to Connor.The fanbase is a minority.

How was that a cliffhanger? All it said was that Connor had done his part, it was the complete opposite of a cliffhanger.

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 12:42 PM
How is it every thread on this forum seems to end up mentioning Connor.

Just shut the **** up. All of you.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:46 PM

Just shut the **** up. All of you.lolololololololol

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:46 PM

Just shut the **** up. All of you.
1. Assassin.

2. Calm Down, don't be rude its annoying.

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 12:50 PM
1. Assassin.

2. Calm Down, don't be rude its annoying.

You're annoying, and trust me I am far from the only one that thinks so. I'm only rude when I see Connor desecrating ever thread on here and its normally you.

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

ArabianFrost
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
So, 13 sequences. Let's see how the game compensates in quality. AC3esque length could have been fine if half of it wasn't tutorials. Seeing how there will be a lot of non-linear assassinations in AC4, I'd say the replay value will be satisfying, as you will undoubtedly find yourself returning to missions to try new routes and paths. Unlike AC3, you will gladly return to the game, not just because there are 2 or 3 mission requirements to force yourself to do.

The main story may not necessarily be all that long, but I see replaying it giving it a great deal of longevity. Hell, the smallest assassination mission can have a mind bursting number of possibilities.

Here are some from a hands-on impression:

The one assassination mission we played saw the target flagged up on the map, with Eagle Vision showing the target to be a captain on a ship that had just docked on our island. There were two guards guarding the entrance to the dock (which was far more open than anything in Assassin’s Creed 3) and what looked like soldiers arguing with slaves.

How the assassination plays out is largely dependent on how good you are. There are new items to play around with such as sleeper darts and berserker darts but we didn’t get to try them out. Instead, an awkward stumble out of a nearby bush alerted one of the guards, and then we feel into the water while trying to rush onto the ship before it left.

Mad skills.

Assassin's Creed 4 - The Series Comeback?

But this is what was cool about Assassin’s Creed 4. In screwing up the assassination so badly and alerting the ship, we were able to jump into a nearby boat and give chase, using every single mortar shot available to sink that ship in what must have been the most brunt, brutal and skill-less way to complete that assassination contract. And yet it felt like a far more organic and natural mission than anything we played in the series before.

We could have been stealthy and taken out all the guards before silently killing the captain. We could have worked our way close and killed him from distance. We could have snuck onto the ship as it sailed away, quickly taking out the captain. We could have even clambered onboard after it had sailed away, after giving chase in a boat.

As it is, we completely ballsed it up and completed it with the brute force of mortar shots, but it’ll be interesting if other missions (whether assassination contracts or not) lend themselves to players finding organic, unpredictable solutions as we did.

Secu12
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Why does so many people assume we will see Haytham? If I'm not wrong, the game starts in 1715, as seen in some gameplay videos, and Haytham is born in 1725. Prior to his birth, Edward moves in London, in Queen Anne Square, ending his career as an Assassin. At the age of 8, Haytham starts his training to become an Assassin unknowning the purposes of those trainings and his father's former allegiance. So, will Ubisoft end this game with the birth of Haytham? I doubt it. I think it's related to some action so obvious that we wouldn't think of it.

adventurewomen
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
You're annoying, and trust me I am far from the only one that thinks so. I'm only rude when I see Connor desecrating ever thread on here and its normally you.
Take several seats, I'm tired of your rudeness. I've reported you for harassment. and general rudeness You've got nerve!

roostersrule2
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Take several seats, I'm tired of your rudeness. I've reported you for harassment. and general rudenessHahahaha

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Take several seats, I'm tired of your rudeness. I've reported you for harassment. and general rudeness You've got nerve!

I'm tired of your derailment in every single thread. I'm rude cause you keep derailing.

pirate1802
08-30-2013, 01:10 PM
lmfao

AidenPixxel
08-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I an sure Haytham will make an appearance by the answer of the on thbt question..When devs are asked about a Connor appearance they ray no connor but when asked about haytham they say they do not want to ruin the surprise

Ureh
08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Hopefully the story isn't brief. The first time has to be perfect dude.

I-Like-Pie45
08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
What a bunch of hypocrites.

Ferrith
08-30-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm tired of your derailment in every single thread. I'm rude cause you keep derailing.

Go, pacmanate! I will be your defence witness in court. ;)

Assassin_M
08-30-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.proteusb2b.com/b2b-marketing-blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/4115670_thumbnail.jpg

LoyalACFan
08-30-2013, 08:02 PM

Who?

ACfan443
08-30-2013, 08:13 PM
This "Saw That Coming" might also be regarding a "WTF?!" cliffhanger ending.

They've previously mentioned that with the new format of the storytelling, cliffhangers will be a thing of the past.

Shahkulu101
08-30-2013, 08:17 PM
I liked the cliffhangers but they weren't all executed brilliantly. Especially Desmond's untimely death and Lucy's stabbing. All though I admit the latter caused rather enjoyable speculation -- that's what cliffhangers are good for.

Still, I'd prefer a satisfying well rounded ending to AC4, which may have proved difficuilt due to Edward's demise in London.

ACfan443
08-30-2013, 08:44 PM
I liked the cliffhangers but they weren't all executed brilliantly. Especially Desmond's untimely death and Lucy's stabbing.

The former was abysmal but the latter was executed brilliantly in my opinion, it had true shock value, power to captivate and stimulate discussion. I felt only AC3's cliffhanger was truly terrible, largely because it was totally unnecessary and a big '**** you' to the core fanbase.

Farlander1991
08-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't call 3's ending a cliffhanger. Every cliffhanger is a sequel hook, but not every sequel hook is a cliffhanger. Main arc plotline was tied up (however poorly executed, still tied up), another one was set up.

You know, it's like in PotC: At World's End (the first example that came to mind, though there are many more), where we see the map to the Fountain of Youth and Jack setting sail to find it. We know that there's more stuff coming. But it's not a cliffhanger.

Shahkulu101
08-30-2013, 08:54 PM
The former was abysmal but the latter was executed brilliantly in my opinion, it had true shock value, power to captivate and stimulate discussion. I felt only AC3's cliffhanger was truly terrible, largely because it was totally unnecessary and a big '**** you' to the core fanbase.

They obviously didn't intend it though, regardless it is indefensable. I lost faith in Corey because of that and some of AC3's plot. I think Darby could possibly turn out the better writer, Corey has AC1 under his belt of course but he also wrote AC2 and ACB's story.

With AC2 I liked Ezio's own story but the Templar's were weak, it felt like Ezio's own character development stood in the way. I wont talk about ACB, too many things to condemn. Darby's ACR had a good story in general, Ezio has meaningful character development and there is a return to moral ambiguity and the ending imo was very good.

If ACIV's story lives up to expectation, I believe he will edge out Darby. It's all subjective though.

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 08:55 PM
I liked the cliffhangers but they weren't all executed brilliantly. Especially Desmond's untimely death and Lucy's stabbing. All though I admit the latter caused rather enjoyable speculation -- that's what cliffhangers are good for.

Still, I'd prefer a satisfying well rounded ending to AC4, which may have proved difficuilt due to Edward's demise in London.

AC1 had a good cliffhanger
AC2 didn't
AC:B did
AC:R didn't
AC3 didn't

Assassin_M
08-30-2013, 08:57 PM
AC1 had a good cliffhanger
AC2 didn't
AC:B did
AC:R didn't
AC3 didn't
I thought AC II had the best cliff hanger.

Didn't see ACR and AC III as cliff hangers...

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I thought AC II had the best cliff hanger.

Didn't see ACR and AC III as cliff hangers...

Neither, just had abrupt endings imo

Assassin_M
08-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Neither, just had abrupt endings imo
I thought AC I was the most abrupt...ACR`s ending was expected, I didn't feel it came out of nowhere at all...

AC III to me was a finale and it did that...we can talk about the execution all day. It closed a chapter and set up another...that`s how I saw it

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
I thought AC I was the most abrupt...ACR`s ending was expected, I didn't feel it came out of nowhere at all...

AC III to me was a finale and it did that...we can talk about the execution all day. It closed a chapter and set up another...that`s how I saw it

Well of course it did that, it would be hard to not end Desmonds saga when marketing it as the end of Desmonds saga.

phoenix-force411
08-30-2013, 09:06 PM
ACR ended just right, and the clifhanger with the temple activating was cool. You can see Juno outside of the truck for a split second.

Assassin_M
08-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Well of course it did that, it would be hard to not end Desmonds saga when marketing it as the end of Desmonds saga.
No, I`m saying that because some people think that it was left hanging..

phoenix-force411
ACR was better than ACB in my opinion. It was very colourful and vibrant. The graphics were great. And, the story didn't concentrate on you killing a person in every sequence.

pacmanate
No, I`m saying that because some people think that it was left hanging..

Oh I see, sorry.

Assassin_M
08-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh I see, sorry.
No worries

Wolfmeister1010
08-30-2013, 09:23 PM
ACR was better than ACB in my opinion. It was very colourful and vibrant. The graphics were great. And, the story didn't concentrate on you killing a person in every sequence.

I felt that the graphics were very dated in ACR. For some reason, Cappadocia (which is one of my favorite locations) looked way better graphically to me than Istanbul did.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2013, 09:58 PM

Ehhhh.... I agree with you on the first two points. I did like ACR way better than ACB, including the new vibrancy that replaced Rome's (IMO) dullness. But it was severely lacking in assassinations. I mean... Tarik was the only target (out of a meager 5 targets overall) who had an actual assassination mission, and it wasn't even that good. Leandros, Shahkulu, and Palaiologos all had crap linear missions, and Ahmet's "assassination" made me want to stick my head in an oven. The parachute chase/fight-fall was the absolute worst scene in the entire franchise IMO.

Shahkulu101
08-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Ehhhh.... I agree with you on the first two points. I did like ACR way better than ACB, including the new vibrancy that replaced Rome's (IMO) dullness. But it was severely lacking in assassinations. I mean... Tarik was the only target (out of a meager 5 targets overall) who had an actual assassination mission, and it wasn't even that good. Leandros, Shahkulu, and Palaiologos all had crap linear missions, and Ahmet's "assassination" made me want to stick my head in an oven. The parachute chase/fight-fall was the absolute worst scene in the entire franchise IMO.

ye bastard ye, aye.

pacmanate
08-30-2013, 10:13 PM
dat parachoot

Shahkulu101
08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
dat parachoot

waz zo kewl wen dey waz fytin in da air et--ziio isz gr8--test.

D.I.D.
08-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Why does so many people assume we will see Haytham? If I'm not wrong, the game starts in 1715, as seen in some gameplay videos, and Haytham is born in 1725. Prior to his birth, Edward moves in London, in Queen Anne Square, ending his career as an Assassin. At the age of 8, Haytham starts his training to become an Assassin unknowning the purposes of those trainings and his father's former allegiance. So, will Ubisoft end this game with the birth of Haytham? I doubt it. I think it's related to some action so obvious that we wouldn't think of it.

Anything's possible within a location. Until we get fully into the next gen, limited assets mean we're stuck with one big location, but Aveline's in this too. It's perfectly possible to throw sequences with Connor too, or even to introduce AC V's character if there's a reason why he/she might have passed through the Caribbean. Time scales don't have to match up.

I-Like-Pie45
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Who?

Its pretty low to whine about Connor posters derailing threads when people here keep baiting the Connor posters and then start acting all indignant when the bait gets taken.

Its also pretty sad to see people here claim themselves as AC fans only to say that Haytham was an Assassin turned Templar
CASUALS