PDA

View Full Version : Why I will not play this game any more

filipd81
08-29-2013, 11:53 AM
I know that the forum is full of this stuff but let me say what I have to say.

The reason to leave this game is simple - it doesn't fit any more my criteria for serious strategic game. Everything has become ridiculous. This season I didn't play a normal PVP server because they are full of yellow heroes - fanta-heroes with many bought artifacts - nothing close to real strategy - just a game of who has a deeper wallet. I tried a server in Africa just to stay with my hommk friends - no legendary ******** there but we are 50 players on a gigantic map. Without the possibility to fight anyone and in the absence of will to spend seals for move town items half of the players went inactive very soon. I also played a PVE server. Another failure - teams of 1 player grabbed the victory on most of the servers. Rifts were so weak that the game was really boring.

If it is true that hope dies last then my hope died with the strategic world. Initially I thought that without most of the seal items, especially the legendary stuff, the artifact shop and the vestige items, it would have been another story. Well after 2 months I can say that it has not gone far from the normal PVP. We can still see alliance cores made of big clusters of towns, players who change all the mines of their first 5-6 towns to have double gold, haven and sylvan players with lots of disturbed wizards/fanatic sorcerers and a nice bunch of level 40 protectors when out of protection - all things that have nothing to do with strategy and that can't be achieved without seals. All this was bearable till the moment I realized that all the "efforts" of UBI to avoid cheating by multi-accounting and pushing are a hole in the water. The market balance is useful for nothing if after the beginning of the tournament all the stored resources of the fake accounts can be passed to the main account. And even during the time the balance is active it is possible to pass developed towns full of resources from fake to main account. Nothing new, no? What I was completely surprised of is that the support wasn't able to punish the cheaters. Dozens of tickets and nothing, despite it is obvious who are the cheaters. Once the balance was off some players just climbed from 5M domination to 10M in less than a week. We kill 2M and 1 day after the guy has recovered 1M domination and after other 2 days he is even stronger than before. All this is ridiculous. Support?! ... support what? ... the cheaters?!

All this could have been avoided by simple rules like preventing a player of giving away all of his resource. Allow only 10% of daily production would be ok for a team play but would stop fake accounts with dozens of rare mines who pass the resources to vestige abusers. We were promised the alliance bank. How many years ago?! My son grew up and no date even for a test version. Of course nothing is done because Uibsoft doesn't care. They deem it is worth to invest only in new seal items. Well, I deem they don't deserve my time and my money. If I just wanted to pass time at my PC there were better ways. This game had great potential, excellent for people who love strategy and who look for a fair game. But the introduction of seals and the impotent support ruined all. That's all from me.

zamz
08-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeh seals off the strategic worlds, it's ridiculous how much people spend even there, it's still unbalanced ! Another thing would be fun to launch once a year (or more often) a normal european world without any seals ! Have both rich people world and one for us "poor" people who don't need cheats, that want to play this game strategically ! I'm sure u would get more money like that rather than the way it is now, tons of world without players. Remove one almost empty world and replace it with seal free world, u lose nothing, u win everything !

LordBadFish
08-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Wait, what? Do you mean... people with more money can buy more things? That is revolting. Who would ever want to live in a world like that, right?

mind=blown

dre.maa
08-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Wait, what? Do you mean... people with more money can buy more things? That is revolting. Who would ever want to live in a world like that, right?

mind=blown

A game is not a strategy game if it solely depends on who spends more money...If two players are of similar skills, the one who spends more money will have the advantage (even if the more miserly player is more skilled).

On a side note, I would love to live in an unrealistic world that had no money. People would all be intrinsically motivated to better themselves and society (and thus money would be meaningless). I do think that the current "world" is somewhat revolting when you see some of the stories about what the people with money do to the people without money...

MartyAmodeo
08-30-2013, 11:01 PM

mind=blown

That is real life. This is a game that purports itself to be a strategy game. In a strategy game, everyone has access to the same resources and either sinks or swims depending on their efficiency using those resources. Small imbalances brought in by luck, or even convenience store items, can be tolerated. But large imbalances brought in by resources used outside of the game ruin the game dynamic.

Also, having more money in real life doesn't necessarily equate to being able to buy more things in game. Some people who can afford such things have a better sense of priorities than others. Also some people who used to financially contribute to the game choose to withhold their money because they don't wish to support the direction the game has taken (voting with our wallets). Sadly the shortfall of money due to the people with integrity boycotting the items is drowned out by the droves of idiots who will do anything to win, even if that victory is so hollow that it only signifies that you have spent more money than the next guy.

filipd81
08-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeh seals off the strategic worlds, it's ridiculous how much people spend even there, it's still unbalanced ! Another thing would be fun to launch once a year (or more often) a normal european world without any seals ! Have both rich people world and one for us "poor" people who don't need cheats, that want to play this game strategically ! I'm sure u would get more money like that rather than the way it is now, tons of world without players. Remove one almost empty world and replace it with seal free world, u lose nothing, u win everything !

World without seals will not solve even half of the problems of this game. Multi-accounting and pushing are a real plague. To have something closer to a fair game there should be more serious changes:
- the market balance should stay active for the whole duration of the server
- introduction of the alliance bank through which a player can be helped by more teammates but no player can give more than 10% of his own daily production
- offering a town will delete the stored resources and any artifact will go back to its original owner
- heroes must be able to queue the spells for defense, it is not strategy when the defense is based on the fast reaction to change the spell!
- remove the army rewards from the vestiges - they add unpredictability to the game

When ALL these changes will be implemented together with a world without any seals at all I will come back and I would be glad to pay even 2-3 times the price of any ticket or monthly fee. For the moment it is shlt.