PDA

View Full Version : Unique? Event Idea

Qzin89
08-29-2013, 01:20 AM
I know it might be hard to figure out a way to make new events as they are quite unique mechanic so how about

Week of Cyrograph

Lose 3 health, gain 2 resources.

(Of course activated card!)

I guess the numbers could change (because it's huge gain in early game!) or it could be made as unique to specific fraction but I guess it wouldn't be THAT bad idea ;).

My only concern is it should NOT be able to be used in same deck as Crag Hack. So either limit it to some other factions or just add "You can't use your heroes ability this turn".

Thoughts guys?

Morkje
09-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Difficult to balance.

Gaining resource ( like Crag Heck and Sandalphon) is balanced because you cant upgrade your level at the same time.
Imagine a rush deck ( doesn't have to be Crag) that hits 2 of these on turn 1.
Take 6 damage, get 4 extra resource. GG.

Currently no events are faction specific ( and would be weird, because they apply to both players anyway)

RogatyDiabel
09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Difficult to balance.

Gaining resource ( like Crag Heck and Sandalphon) is balanced because you cant upgrade your level at the same time.
Imagine a rush deck ( doesn't have to be Crag) that hits 2 of these on turn 1.
Take 6 damage, get 4 extra resource. GG.

Currently no events are faction specific ( and would be weird, because they apply to both players anyway)

If you red that topic properly you could know that he write UNIQUE event so there can be only ONE in event pile.

Qzin89
09-03-2013, 01:52 PM
It would be difficult to balance but still rush decks are not T1 atm. It could help them a little, while nerfing those mills slightly. Also I do believe that there is still a lot of AoE spells in play so rushes are not that strong.

Morkje
09-03-2013, 03:26 PM
If you red that topic properly you could know that he write UNIQUE event so there can be only ONE in event pile.

If you read the topic properly he writes:
I know it might be hard to figure out a way to make new events as they are quite unique mechanic so how about

Nowhere does it say the card itself is unique.
The topic is also named unique event idea, implying that the idea is unique and not the event.
( otherwise it would be: Idea of unique event)

Even if it were unique is would just make it more random.

Qzin89
09-03-2013, 09:07 PM
As an author I must say you're both right.

I both thought of it as a unique idea for a unique event. But I wasn't sure if that card should be made unique or not. It would be in fact hard to balance, but would give a strong push to rush decks that are not T1 material right now.

Morkje
09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
As an author I must say you're both right.

I both thought of it as a unique idea for a unique event. But I wasn't sure if that card should be made unique or not. It would be in fact hard to balance, but would give a strong push to rush decks that are not T1 material right now.

I'm not sure if an event like this would make them T1 tho, because it is so random. ( even more if it were Unique)
Either they get the event and win, of they don't and lose. ( put really black/white there, I know)

Rush decks might not be T1 now, because their matchup are so black/white. They win fast, or they don't
Notthing in between.

But there are some decks that CAN rush, but also play for a more drawn out late game and those do well because they adapt.
I play Sandalphon Wombo Combo and depending on hand and/or matchup I can pull of turn 5/6 wins.

Qzin89
09-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Okay so here's my other question to you guys: How do you think this event would fit into your decks? In unique or non-unique versions. Would you use it? It gives advantage to your opponent as well!

I would definately use it in my slowpoke as a bait for my opponent to use, but as I'm not currently Slowpoking I think I wouldn't use it much in my other Dhamiria.

But in any rush deck I guess I'd add as many as I could. To sandalphon aspecially.