PDA

View Full Version : more RACES !

Shadowmare1
08-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Hello,

Can you guys put more races ? the game world is so rich why not put Lizzard man, or another races...
??

:(

acousticamor
09-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Hey bud. Have you tried the other M&M games? They do have more races, but the game is in alpha development. Give it time and it will flourish.

deadlybunny
09-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello,

Can you guys put more races ? the game world is so rich why not put Lizzard man, or another races...
??

:(

Might and Magic VI only had Humans, and is arguably the best in the series. Don't get me wrong, adding new races would be awesome as well.

Shadowmare1
09-02-2013, 07:36 PM
I would be very happy if the producers reply here and say they are working on add new races, that let me very happy and also the fans, i thinkg the series can add more races and heroes it some especial attacks, out leave the serie ideas i call inovation i love oldschool games and MM but improve to better allways good, and i see Heroes of might magic a lot races, classes, why not add in this world too..

:( hope the producers read my prayers and for all who want more.. cause game looks damn cool, but i feel that can be inprove for better..

LordGraa
09-02-2013, 10:30 PM
So far the confirmed info is:

Humans - Elves - Dwarves - Orcs (as playable races)

And every race has 3 classes:

caster class - utility class - melee class

This will give you 12 different playstyles and hopefully some replayability.

Shadowmare1
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Still little options,, if you check old and new heroes of might and migth and magic have a lot heroes, races, why not put more, not because is oldschool game cant be better i call evolution, why not more, if i want play just oldschool i back to play XEEN..

SadFerret
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
12 race/class combinations is more than most RPGs offer these days...

Shadowmare1
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I think you confund we got just Humans - Elves - Dwarves - Orcs races now ... class its ok..cause have subclasses
just want more Races, like Lizardman , Dark elf, dont no... it some bonus or some special attack..and if you get Wizardry, Everquest , and a lot others games got a lot options.. and i ust ask for a more races, its cheap to make...just create portait and voice and that is..

thx alot

SadFerret
09-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Everquest is an MMO, so the budget for it is in a whole different ballpark. And no, it's not just making a portrait. Adding a new race would mean there's 3 more race/class combinations to test, with different builds. If they don't get tested enough, the player might end up breaking the entire game. Balancing character builds is one of the typical places where RPGs fail.

Shadowmare1
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Sorry mate i speak bad but i dont think you got the point,

Balancing a character in this game its not like EQ, or another online game since its a picture,, and plus 10+ str.. or another atribute. and Might magic its so rich world why dont improve, check Wizardry Series and you see not totaly diference betten balancing characters, and its sugestion, since i think not beacuse its oldschool stiles cant be look on another old games to improve, i just want e better game like everyone here, unite of Dungeon master, Wizardry, Eyeof beholder, all that games got something especial so can be add, it out take off Might and Magic wolrd..

thx

SadFerret
09-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Your text is too garbled to understand. Are you typing with your toes? :p

broui
09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Check the NINE different factions, each with SEVEN different creature types, PLUS all the neutrals on the Might and Magic official site. The possibilities are endless in terms of what creatures can be encountered in this game. That said, I'd echo what others have said. This is not an MMO and you shouldn't want it to be. Also. There are no "LIZARD MEN" in this game. They are Nagas. They are one of the 9 factions."

TillyBomas
09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't believe he is talking about what we will find out in the world, but more, what WE can play ourselves. I agree a bit, there should be more then just humans, elves, orcs and dwarves. I understand that there are 12 character combinations.... I am not disputing that, Only that a few more races, Lizardmen from Fortress citys (Yes, there ARE lizardmen in the universe), possibly Ogres. Goblins?

In terms of Game balance, if someone wants to break the game, they can. And they will. As a single player game, however, balance isn't AS important as say, an MMO, where balance is everything, or yo see the same things running around. Also, I don't see any thief type classes yet... What I used to play back in MM7. Was a challange, no magic users, but great haggle skills, and barter, and found lots of gold. Even managed to kill that dragon on the opening island.

But ya, I agree and hope they do throw in some more races, even if it is a bit later and not at the core release.

SadFerret
09-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I think breaking the game is a major problem and challenge in the genre, single-player or not. It's extremely frustrating to play an RPG (which tend to get very long) and discover halfway through that your party composition is not actually viable to finish the game. You can screw yourself over before you've even started the game, basically. These days I always follow guides in party creation to prevent this problem, which kinda goes against the freedom you're supposed to have in RPGs.

I'd much rather have a few, well-designed and tested races than a dozen half-assed ones. In this case I don't see the problem anyway, since 4 races is plenty. Most RPGs offer less. Many offer just one race.

Not that I'd mind having more, but we have to keep in mind this isn't a Bioware RPG with a huge budget and years of dev time. I'd see better uses for limited resources. I'd rather have more areas than a new player race, for example.

yevhene
09-07-2013, 06:35 PM
StaticData csv files (which mirrors game data model) don't give any possibility to add more races.