PDA

View Full Version : Am I out of luck if client crashes?

soldack
08-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I now have three client crash losses in the road to paris. The two today knocked me out of the top 16 for good.

Am I just out of luck?

Is there any way to get crash losses off my road to paris standings?

EVERY other E-sports game in the world allows a brief amount of time for a player to reconnect when there is a client crash or a internet burp.

Jason, WHY is duel of champions so harsh with client crashes and internet burps?

It amazes me that there are players who have 50+ wins without a loss, because I doubt I can go 50 games without a crash.

del170109032657
08-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Crashes are an incredibly tough situation to combat. There really is no fair way that I can erase losses from crashes. If we started to erase losses, people could exit games and say they crashed and send in tickets, etc. It's super frustrating for me as well, as I'm sure you can imagine.

The absolute best recommendation that I can make is to make sure your computer is fully up to date and that other large applications are not open while playing DoC matches. This should limit the potential for crashes. I wish I could give a better answer, but I know the devs are hard at work finding the reasons for crashes and eradicating them. Please let me know if I personally can be of any help.

soldack
08-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Why can't there be a brief time givn to return to the match?

Just keep the current turn clock running at least. If a turn ends while disconnected then its a loss.

del170109032657
08-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Why can't there be a brief time givn to return to the match?

Just keep the current turn clock running at least. If a turn ends while disconnected then its a loss.

That's really a great idea. What I will do is pass this idea on to the devs. It is up to them to see if they can implement it in the game. I'm sure they will appreciate the feedback! :D

Uraxor
08-28-2013, 07:53 AM
That's really a great idea. What I will do is pass this idea on to the devs. It is up to them to see if they can implement it in the game. I'm sure they will appreciate the feedback! :D

Suggested that months ago..
Got it promised at that time ..

:?