PDA

View Full Version : lost pilots

Thunderbolt22
07-08-2004, 09:46 PM
I have a ? to ask...

I've learned to value my pilots, especially those with exceptional battle records and those who have been with me since the beginning. I know that once a pilot's wounded, he comes back after a week at least...but lately, something bizarre's happened to some pilots on my campaign rosters...

During the French campaign at kursk, my Lt.Colonel and a Capitaine was wounded, but I'm already at the Berlin 1945 campaign, and those two guys haven't returned to the active roster!

Another case in point: there have been a couple of occasions where a debriefing states that no pilots were WIA or KIA (one time, there was a wounded guy), but when I check the rosters on the next mission briefing, one of the pilots inexplicably show up on the casualty list as KIA on the previous mission-even though nothing happened to him on that mission! What's more unsettling is that those pilots were among the best on my team!

This things happened after I bought AEP. Does it have anything to do with this problem? Need help. Thanks.

Thunderbolt22
07-08-2004, 09:46 PM
I have a ? to ask...

I've learned to value my pilots, especially those with exceptional battle records and those who have been with me since the beginning. I know that once a pilot's wounded, he comes back after a week at least...but lately, something bizarre's happened to some pilots on my campaign rosters...

During the French campaign at kursk, my Lt.Colonel and a Capitaine was wounded, but I'm already at the Berlin 1945 campaign, and those two guys haven't returned to the active roster!

Another case in point: there have been a couple of occasions where a debriefing states that no pilots were WIA or KIA (one time, there was a wounded guy), but when I check the rosters on the next mission briefing, one of the pilots inexplicably show up on the casualty list as KIA on the previous mission-even though nothing happened to him on that mission! What's more unsettling is that those pilots were among the best on my team!

This things happened after I bought AEP. Does it have anything to do with this problem? Need help. Thanks.

WTE_Galway
07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thunderbolt22:
I have a ? to ask...

This things happened after I bought AEP. Does it have anything to do with this problem? Need help. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

have noticed the same thing

i just assumed the WIA guys were reassigned to another squadron and the missing guys where killed in missions i had not flown in but you may be right .. sounds a bit like a bug

hard to tell without details of how the campaign engine actually functions

FI-Aflak
07-08-2004, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thunderbolt22:
I have a ? to ask...

This things happened after I bought AEP. Does it have anything to do with this problem? Need help. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

have noticed the same thing

i just assumed the WIA guys were reassigned to another squadron and the missing guys where killed in missions i had not flown in but you may be right .. sounds a bit like a bug

hard to tell without details of how the campaign engine actually functions<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really enjoy following the lives of my fellow pilots. If, for example, a guy saves me, I'll look at the debriefing and figure out who, and watch his back for him. And its really a shame watching all the replacements get killed off, the newbies die like flies, the difference between them and my wing commander is incredible. He has close to 50 kills over the course of the war . . . I have more, but I don't fly ironman.