PDA

View Full Version : Level trainer ?

quackounet
08-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Am i just mad, or am i the only one that liked to go back to town to the trainer get my level ? :D

Elan_Morin
08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I liked it too.

But what I didn't like is that if I get many levels for all my party, it takes 4 * N weeks, and in this time a lot of monsters get to respawn.

quackounet
08-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Oh i never paid attention about that(or completly forgot it), i thought it didn't took time,
but you are right, i liked to wait to get many levels, and it could be a problem, (but i was used to it) !! :)

GigaFather
08-27-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure if it will just cause unnecessary extra trips to town, then again with the time scaled and the slow-ish rate you gain levels it doesn't make it that bad. It also served as another gold sink.
I feel pretty neutral about it, I think the lack of novice trainers has more impact (which were also another gold sink but technically gave you one skill point for it, right now it's a choice to spend a point to activate tree instead of throwing gold to have basic access to it).

quackounet
08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not asking to put it back, i'm totally fine without it, (just liked how leveling was in older games) :) , and i agree with what you say. :)

But i wouldn't mind having the same char progression/skill like in mm6-8 (if i remember it well) with novice trainer, advanced classes etc, i remember that i really liked it :)

narupley
08-27-2013, 04:46 PM
I agree that I liked the old mechanic. Limbic stated in an interview that they purposely left it out because it felt old and unnecessary. I think most Might & Magic fans would disagree.

That said, it's not a dealbreaker.