PDA

View Full Version : Is the lighthouse section supposed to be impossible?

UdderJuice
08-25-2013, 10:17 PM
So, I don't know if this is a game balancing issue or not but I finished clearing the spiders in the well and the next thing It seems I'm supposed to do is go to the lighthouse. Well, there is a group of like 8 or 9 guys and another 6 or so of the snake/fish people. I've already bought and used all the potions from the shop in town and getting through this section seems impossible.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Great game so far by the way!

Ryalu
08-25-2013, 10:30 PM
The only way I can see it being near impossible is if you have a full mage team. Otherwise you're likely to do things wrong.
Also, I never pulled groups of militia of 3 and at rare occasions 4. I never had any snake group greater then 2. Never. Just get so close to get in agro range, move a tile back. And do your thing.

Aeon1977
08-25-2013, 11:25 PM
I have waited a bit before entering the lighthouse as I felt it was going a bit harder due to the monsters in front of the entrance, so I first cleared the map (except the ghosts) and I did the Den of Thieves then. I have been level 4 when entering the lighthouse and I developed a little tactic keeping the Kenshi (especially the Elite one) to distance a good couple of rounds before going melee.

UdderJuice
08-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Managed to clear the area using a little strategy. On level 2 of the lighthouse now.

ZeroFog
08-26-2013, 12:41 AM
The only way I was able to finish the boss at the light house was to restart the whole adventure.

I started to use the Freemage like I would a Cleric, for healing. The boss has way too much health, hits hard, the only spell that is available for healing(Regeneration) cost 30 mp and the Potion shop doesnt re-stock potions! So running out of Magic potions is deadly in this game!
The boss got defeated by constantly using the spell and chugging down Magic Potions for the Freemage.

My recommendation is, dont use potions! Save them for the boss fights. I do hope they give us a Cleric, or an Archer in the future.

Tazding99
08-26-2013, 12:46 AM
i havent completed the boss at the lighthouse yet
but i think you have to activate all those statues by running onto the "traps"
i dont know if you have to still beat him down then...
but for the fights inside and outside of the lighthouse its pretty easy when you got those 2 fighters who can taunt enemies to attack them and the mage with windmagic who can throw enemies 1 tile back so they have to use their turn to get close to you, so the next attack is your and so on...
btw
anyone feels like the ranger class is super useless? ^^

ZeroFog
08-26-2013, 01:19 AM
i havent completed the boss at the lighthouse yet
but i think you have to activate all those statues by running onto the "traps"
i dont know if you have to still beat him down then...
but for the fights inside and outside of the lighthouse its pretty easy when you got those 2 fighters who can taunt enemies to attack them and the mage with windmagic who can throw enemies 1 tile back so they have to use their turn to get close to you, so the next attack is your and so on...
btw
anyone feels like the ranger class is super useless? ^^

I made his build getting the Expert Tier Bonus for dagger while dualwielding with high Destiny and Perception. He makes 4 attacks in his turn with a high chance of criticals. Pretty effective fighting machine with so-so health, more than the Freemage at least.

Probiotix293
09-05-2013, 05:04 AM
does anyone else have the game freeze when using wind to knock back elite kenshi? i usually only happens when he is at about half health. i think it may have something to do with him moving on his turn but then when he gets knocked back it messes up the ai?

blonnie
09-05-2013, 06:05 AM
yes almost every time I use it I freeze up and have to reboot game

TomG_X
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
I found the best way to clear the lighthouse was when you get two enemies, usually a snake man and a floaty thing, keep using the knock back spell on the snake so he wastes his turns walking up to you each time and concentrate on taking out the second enemy. As for the boss I only just finished that with the help of the forum, I didn't realise he knocked you off the lighthouse if you were standing by the edge, I did however kill him after I had cleared the entire map other than the witches in the forest so I was at a pretty high level.

Mitridathes
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Last play trough I really found the boss easy.. I also killed all ghosts on the map just for fun!

Ofc.. this could have something to do with the fact that one of the first magic items I found, were a crossbow with the description "10 % chance of dealing targets current health as damage", and that it proced 9 out of 10 attacks :)

Minor bug ;)

guest-oPn9i21f
09-07-2013, 04:39 AM
So, I don't know if this is a game balancing issue or not but I finished clearing the spiders in the well and the next thing It seems I'm supposed to do is go to the lighthouse. Well, there is a group of like 8 or 9 guys and another 6 or so of the snake/fish people. I've already bought and used all the potions from the shop in town and getting through this section seems impossible.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Great game so far by the way!

It's not impossible, you just need to do it with som tactics, that's all.
I have finished the "Early Release Gameplay" and i think it's too short.