PDA

View Full Version : Borrowing from MM6

DCcomputer2
08-25-2013, 06:23 PM
For whatever reason, steam gives you MM6 when you get early access MMX. I've never played that game before, but I found it quite enjoyable. Some things that were particularly good that maybe would benefit MMX:

1. Hireable companions with skills - These people are interesting, giving you skills or special abilities (town portal, ID item, repair, combat) while in exchange you give them some of your gold. I found them to be lots of fun, the companions in MMX are much less helpful. Plus having someone with you that can ID items or repair them on the road, instead of running back to town every 5 seconds, would be pretty helpful.

2. Enemy movement - The enemies in MM6 walked around and sneak up on me, I find the static enemies in MMX to be less enjoyable. I know where they are, I can avoid them, I can kite them. Maybe its supposed to be that way, but perhaps some enemy patrol movement would be helpful and more engaging

3. The secrets in MM6 were much better disguised - You could walk around and click various interesting things and never know what you might find. Maybe hiding the secrets more would be beneficial?

Just my thoughs

sajahubi
08-25-2013, 07:00 PM
1. it's already in. In the alpha there are 3 of them (one is bugged), a scout (doing something similar to the wizard"s eye and revealing far away enemies on the map), a mule (giving you a second inventory) and a cook (bugged, but was meant to save rations when you rest).

2. mm6 is real time, mm x is turn based, meaning the mobs only move when you move (basically whne you move you use a turn, then they use theirs). That said they should move on their own even when the player is not in sight.

3. they didn't put too much traps and secrets because it's an alpha (there isn't that much content to begin with) but that should be in he final game (what is m&m without secrets >.>).

duchU
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
MM6 is the best part of the series. At least most people think that (including me). It's almost perfect so there are many things in it they could borrow.

DCcomputer2
08-26-2013, 12:35 AM
One other thing that would be really great (not sure if its in or not) would be dungeons with random high-level items scattered across the world. Non-quest dungeons that the player could stumble upon as they explore (i.e. a strange temple, an isolated cave, an abandoned house). Inside would be strong enemies as well as higher-level items, thus making the items and experience an incentive for exploration of the dungeon. Again, I'm not sure if this already exists, I didn't see it in the alpha though and thought I'd suggest it. I personally like exploring and going into areas that hold the promise of excellent loot and a difficulty spike just to see what I find. If there was a way to make these dungeons appear in random spots on certain areas of the map (again to encourage exploration) that would be even better!

WarBaby2
08-26-2013, 07:09 AM
1) There are some in the game, but they should have more Utility then they have right now (active skills)
2) That's per design, enemies move per round/tile as the party does... it could be more fluent, though.
3) Agreed, there should be more traps and secrets... also trapped/locket doors and the corresponding skills would be nice.

Masterluck86
08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
MM6 is the best part of the series. At least most people think that (including me). It's almost perfect so there are many things in it they could borrow.
Do not be so sure about that. Many people, like me, like World of xeen best or even MM2. ;)

PhelanKA7
08-26-2013, 01:30 PM

That's a fairly presumptuous thing to say! MM3 is my favorite and I much more prefer MM1-5 over the travesty that was MM6-9.

duchU
08-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but MM6 still wins :D

deldewd
08-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Am I the only one to think MM7 was the best one? I tried to play the MM6 that was included with the early access of MM10 but the graphics are way too outdated to be enjoyable anymore...

-- Tweet about (http://twitter.com/TinyMiner) TM Trial (http://www.tinyminer.com/tinyminer-free-trial.html)

GrakorTheOrc
08-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Personally, I thought World of Xeen was the best games in the series. I'm actually curious why MM6 was given as the Steam bonus and not WoX, considering that this game is based on those more.