PDA

View Full Version : Poor planning on UBI SOFTS part has ruined my GR:IT

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 06:38 PM
First off I would like to say I am pleased with almost all of your products. I do have a LARGE problem with the demo disc for Rainbow 6/3 that had the bonus maps on it. I do not have this and was not able to find one in my location. Now I am unable to join a server who has the maps. This has pretty much ruined optimatch. I think that you need to offer the maps on the demo disc as DLC as soon as possible. I play with ALOT of people who could get the disc and now I am not able to play GR:IT with them? This really stinks. I think this is a huge prblem that is the result of poor planning on UBI SOFTS part and you should remedy this as soon as possible. I will take how you handle this problem into consideration befor I buy another product from your company. Thanks for you time.

SERVOTRON

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 06:38 PM
First off I would like to say I am pleased with almost all of your products. I do have a LARGE problem with the demo disc for Rainbow 6/3 that had the bonus maps on it. I do not have this and was not able to find one in my location. Now I am unable to join a server who has the maps. This has pretty much ruined optimatch. I think that you need to offer the maps on the demo disc as DLC as soon as possible. I play with ALOT of people who could get the disc and now I am not able to play GR:IT with them? This really stinks. I think this is a huge prblem that is the result of poor planning on UBI SOFTS part and you should remedy this as soon as possible. I will take how you handle this problem into consideration befor I buy another product from your company. Thanks for you time.

SERVOTRON

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Servo, what you need to do is go online (either ebgames.com or gamestop.com) and pre-order R63, have them ship you your disk (which I believe will include free shipping) and then stop complaining about "not having it available". In other words, you are either a) too lazy to put your xbox controller down, get off of your couch, and go out and buy it, or b) your mom & dad said that they won't go out and get you another video game this close to christmas.

Stop the whining, if you really want the maps that bad you will find a way to get them. Instead, you come on hear with a pathetic attempt to make people feel bad for you, in a really heart-wrenching plea for Ubi to allow you to download the maps for free.

Personally, I hope that Ubi never releases the maps for free, because that would then be a smack in the face to all of the non-whiney people, who went out, showed Ubi their support, and paid money for the maps (let's face it, if it was just a demo of R63 for $10, nobody would have purchased it).

BigGamer

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 11:15 AM
How selfish can you get BigGamer! :-)

Some people just can't get a hold of the disk - I've seen it in many threads on here and xbox.bom forums. Surely a nicer response would have been to offer to send him your disk (for $10) or whatever! :-)

And what about us poor souls in Europe who can't get hold of the disk! The demo didn't ship outside North America ... it's not doubt NTSC format (and not PAL) - so we can't even import it.

So - we should be punished for not living in the US? (... please, avoid the nationalistic response here Big Gamer!)

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 01:23 PM
"Personally, I hope that Ubi never releases the maps for free, because that would then be a smack in the face to all of the non-whiney people, who went out, showed Ubi their support, and paid money for the maps (let's face it, if it was just a demo of R63 for $10, nobody would have purchased it)."

Well thanks alot. I live in Europe and would have got the disc when pre-ordering Rainbow xcept they dont do the disc for our pre-orders, like dezc_2000 said.

BTW if you paid for the demo then you got ripped, its FREE (http://www.rainbowsix3.com/us/landingpage.html) when you put deposit for RS3. If you got it from a shop in any other way then Volkan wants to know(atleast I think thats what he said.!). So if its free then that means you got your maps for free also /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

<center>http://free.inkfrog.com/pix/shaolin/r6.gif</center>

Message Edited on 10/05/0301:25PM by SHAOLIN_SPIDER

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Sorry to tell you but Volkan no longer works for Ubisoft and is no longer on the forums/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center><b/>I have the fifth freedom... So watch out here I come.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wabaaj/Aj6627.jpg
<font color=ff0000>http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Shooter/Tom_Clancy_Games/Splinter_Cell/
Josh Horne a forum legend /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif j/k
<marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>Lord of The Boards, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 11:50AM EST on September/19/2003)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color=ff0000>Respect List: NSAagent, S7N, WinsK, SKULLS, Sangsta, Troy(where ever he is), Usa320, Rohan.com,Bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, DCell, AgentXBOX, Martin Caya</marquee>
<center><a href=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/navy_cis.shtml target="_blank">
</a>
<font color="black"><font color=ff0000>
<center>MEMBER OF PITTBULLS MAFIOSO

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 08:14 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif.. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

the only helpfull "official" person on the XboX RS3 forum.. gone, just like that.

now no-one cares how you get your discs /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://free.inkfrog.com/pix/shaolin/r6.gif</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 04:29 AM
That's just stupid to pay for maps, why don't game companies think of the poor people?

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 07:55 PM
the rich get it quick the poor have to sit and wait for flea markets or companies just giving the crap away to clear shelves. And if you think im rich because i spent $5 to preorder RS3 and get the demo disk with the maps, think again.

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 01:55 AM
I have to agree with this thread. It is just plain stupid for UBIsoft to divide the community like this. The bad thing for me is that I purchased Ghost Recon for $50. I then purchased Island thunder (I am guessing it was around $50). And I purchased Rainbow 6 3 for $58. So now I have roughly $160 in UBISoft games. Because I did not pre-order Rainbow 6.3 I need to pay 5 bucks to get the new maps so I can play with my friends online? Was my $160 bucks not enough, they need another $5 out of me?

I can understand why they did this initially, just to drive interest in R63, but since it has been over a month since R63 has been released they should go ahead make the games dowloadable. If they don't, you can expect this kind of tactic in the future, and you should expect to have to pay for any addons for their games. Otherwise they should have put the new maps on the r63 disk.
Ninjaryder1 wrote:
- the rich get it quick the poor have to sit and wait
- for flea markets or companies just giving the crap
- away to clear shelves. And if you think im rich
- because i spent $5 to preorder RS3 and get the demo
- disk with the maps, think again.
-
-