PDA

View Full Version : Summer Server x10 speed

Chuloos
08-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Well.. this could have been a very fun distraction from the regular game play, but, as usual, UBI soft screwed this one up too. First: everything buyable in the game is buyable on the Summer Server, i.e., artifacts, legendary heroes, mercenaries, legendary careers.. etc.. etc.. etc. You would think that people who took basic math would not spend 2-4 thousand seals (or more) to get 500 seals for the win... BUT.. there are just too many who do not know how to actually play the game anymore without the pay for power stuff, that that is not the case. We have mercenaries (1300 seals plus) being bought, Legendary Careers (624 seals each), repops 178 ea up, beams for vestiges, artifacts to enhance hero performance.. etc.. etc..etc.

Now.. this may not have been too bad except that UBI decided that since the server was x10, that a siege would cap a city x10 the speed... so.. you have all these folks that bought their mercenaries, filled their cities with initial troops from hiring heroes with maxed skilled landlords, then NINJA sieging cites just before night halt when there is no chance to break the siege, because the siege caps in 3hrs or less. Oh.. did I forget to mention that night halt is still 10hrs, so.. you do the math on siege time and night halt time.

What a friggin fiasco.

Now.. what WOULD have been interesting, would be that ALL the store stuff that is NOT available on a strategic server, be NOT available on a Summer Server.. that way they could get the feel of the Strategic Server play at x10 the speed.. and maybe get more to sign up. And, what would really be interesting is if the STOPPED the sieged time at night halt.. then it would actually be a game instead of a ninja.. night raid.

Well. UBI.. every time you have a chance to actually make a decent change to the game.. you screw it up.. You really don't want anybody to play this game .. do you.

What a friggin JOKE.

zamz
08-25-2013, 09:29 AM
HAHAHA, sound like another UBI FAIL :D glad I didnt have time for this fiasco :D

AndreanDW
08-25-2013, 12:11 PM
When I started I thought it would be something like the beta server: big Asha's gifts, big awards for level up, fast development of the heroes, and then big fights with the enemies but at normal speed

When I built the second town after 3 minutes walking, and the third as a test with resting after 20 minutes it was clear that playing seriosly will not be possible because it is not a strategic but reaction game: Looking every minute at the monitor, attacking within some minutes, also in the case where the attacked town is in the middle of another alliance; annihilating his whole army while he is 2 hours away from his computer, sieging and capturing several of his towns while he does his job... not my game ...

dre.maa
08-26-2013, 12:32 PM
I was under the impression that sieges were supposed to take 24 hours so the person being sieged had a chance to respond. I had 5 sieges at 11:50 or later last night, and I simply can't stay awake that late, now I lost 2 of my cities without even being able to try and defend them. Just out of curiosity, is it possible to lose all of your cities in this "summer server?" If so, that is quite annoying, as I will lose my last to cities tonight no doubt (if not during the day while I am at work and cannot check my game). It is very frustrating...I feel like there should be a cool-down on attacks to a particular city, as someone who is online can take advantage of someone who is offline.

AndreanDW
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
why don't you take a city of another alliance member as a gift, maybe somewhere wihin a save region?

dre.maa
08-26-2013, 03:02 PM
I am in an alliance by myself, surrounded by the top two alliances...
I would love to be in a bigger alliance and move to the middle of it.

AndreanDW
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
today night starts the german summer server, maybe you are more lucky here

Chuloos
08-29-2013, 04:09 AM
What makes you think anything will be different on the german summer server.. same ole bs.. same ole spenders.. same ole cheats.. this game is dead.. really really dead.