PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a Gen Con booby prize?

Powers209
08-25-2013, 05:21 AM
To whom.

While at Gen Con last weekend, One of the things I was looking forward was playing in the Might and Magic tournament. While I was clearly out gunned in my match up. I has alot of fun. And my love of the game as grown thanks to the way I was treated while at gencon. Now I was promised a booby prize. NOthing special. Maybe a few codes to help me get a better jump on the game and a thanks for taking my Butt Kickin' from Cryxious like a gamer.

I know it has only been a week. It's just that I was hoping to get whatever the gentleman had in mind . Every bit helps and I need all the help I can get.

So here's the thing. I don't know how to claim this booby prize. I'm not saying the guy forgot. I know the man is busy. What I'm saying is I think he forgot. I was just thinking that after a week If I can jog the idea, I might get whatever he had in mind to help out my game play. While I have plans to buy more cards to pump life into my game. Free is always good. Free is better. Plus this is a gift more then a prize and that it was based on a hand shake and nothing more... means I am owed notihng. I'm just hoping for the best.

Thanks for any help
Powers209

Aza404
08-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi Powers209,

Glad to hear you had a good time with us at GenCon!
I'll pass this message to the "to whom" mentioned above ;)

Enjoy the game!
Aza

Electr1cPanda
08-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Thanks guys. Powers, my apologies. I thought you had been given the code at the event. I will be sending to the email address you gave me momentarily. Happy to have you as part of the community! Let us know if there's anything else can do for you.

Powers209
08-26-2013, 05:35 PM
You guys are awesome. And I look forward to a next year's event where I plan to be a winner.

stingmoggie
08-30-2013, 11:52 PM
You should be more generous about those codes, especially to new players such as myself ! ^^ Just started playing the game and love it, thanks for the great game.

Powers209
09-01-2013, 12:38 AM
@Stingmoggie, great game aside.

This is to Nobody.

Gencon 2013 was about 3 weekends ago. Now I'm thinking that little boobie prize promise was just one of those, "What are you still doing here?" remarks, but done nicer then having me roughed up and removed from the event for taking up space after I lost my match. See I tend to get wide eyed on the little things and start to form deep loyalties to games and companies way to fast and I have to say I was treated nicely at Gencon. On the other hand it doesn't take much more then a small failed promise to wake me up and see the car salesman and his empty promises.

I know the guys are busy at Pax Prime and all, but I guess my boobie prize dropped off their radar again. Once okay, twice... I'm not happy. I figure I would have gotten a few low end codes emailed from an intern. I wasn't looking for much Just something to help me get started and as a thank you for sticking around for an interview ( plus the complete Butt Kicking I took armed with my little starter deck vs a gamers 3 months in and more then a few bucks ahead, And I lost out on another event I had planned, so I could be there for M&M).

Of course now that I have dropped about $150 in the game and I've been playing for about 2-3 weeks. I really don't expect to get anything anymore. And not after this post anyway. But what can I say? I'm not happy and this is the interweb so I must rant about nothing. Plus I'm passed that starter gift stuff now anyway so If they sent me something free now, I really don't think the codes will be worth the time to punch them in. A few free packs in the start would have been awesome. Now it would be nothing more then a speed bump after I dropped really money into the game. While they had a very short window to impress me as a new player. I've quickly moved passed the moment where a few nothing codes could impress anyone.

I'm the kind of guy that opens cases of cards looking for play sets.... a few free codes would have been great 2 weeks ago when I started the game. now.... not so much.

While I still really enjoy M&M. I don't really know how I feel about this... It's not ... not getting the free junk. It's the failed promise that bothers me. To me it was an F up on whoever's part. Look I'm a busy guy too. I work 40+ hours a week. I don't have many hours left in my day by the time I get home. I work hard like everyone else. I like the idea of not having to drag my butt and collection of cards to a local or not so local hobbyshop to get in a few games. But Promises are promise and it doesn't take much to turn a great company in my eyes into a Decipher or Upper Deck failure.

I was okay with it when it was forgotten the first time. Then I made this post and they got me all happy and warm inside with the idea of opening up free packs of digital cards. Now I'm sad I can't sell the cards I have and be done with the game and company altogether. I guess that's a warning to anyone looking into digital games like M&M. Great FTP model, but watch how much money you drop.

Either way I guess I owe M&M for turning me onto Online card games. I never got into MTG online mostly because it was Magic and WOTC. Thanks to the fun I've had with M&M I'm now looking forward to the new Warcarft ( Hearthstone ) and maybe Cryptozoic's( HEX ) online card games, when I get bored with my $150 buy-in of M&M.

Would I have dropped more money into this game? You don't know how hard it is not to spend money now. I really like M&M... I like the players. I still enjoy playing the game. Even if I don't have the best ranking. And maybe if those other games are not what I'm looking for I might come back. But I can't say it will be more then just for fun. I don't think I would invest into this game now. If I could get my money back I think I would take it and run. Sure that might be a bit over the top, but that's how I feel. I said the guys were awesome in my post above. Clearly I've changed my mind.

Well If anyone wants to get in a game with me, look me up. I should still me around for a few months. I don't think Hearthstone or Hex are due out until the end of the year. Of course if I get into the Hearthstone Beta I don't think I'll be back. (wish me luck ) The few games I've seen played on Youtube has me itching to play. Plus with the death of the WOWTCG, I can use the fix. HEX is what I'm really waiting for now. A major online card game, and getting in on the ground floor is just want I'm looking for. To bad it wasn't in the cards for me and M&M.

This so endith the rant.

If I told you how many times I check my email looking for these codes, people would say I was crazy. Checked my inbox...nothing. Check my spam folder.... Nothing. Oh look Work emails. Great. Guess I can do some real work now. @#*%&! These codes would have to be for boxes of cards now, not a few packs. You made me do real work, while looking for those damn codes. Work! That's just wrong man. Wrong.

Aza404
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
@Powers209: Haha, you should have simply sent one of us a small forum message to remind us ;)
I've taken the liberty of sending you a small something.

As you say, we're very busy right now, and being a small team it's very easy for small things like this to be overlooked and forgotten about.

Best,
Aza