PDA

View Full Version : Bomber formations and toe brakes

Buster_Dee
01-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks for all Oleg. I was wondering if there is any way to model the B17 formations, at least smaller 16-plane variety. I realize that's 4 times the current level. Also, the formation "reshuffling" required to maintain interlocking fire after a plane drops out adds complexity. And other as to braking, your present scheme works, but I still struggle when using rudder pedals. If the brakes already depend on rudder direction, what would be the harm in allowing a second brake key assignment (like the other assignments). Allow both pedals to be the brake, even though they are not what determines direction. That wouldn't be exactly the same as differential braking, but it would be very close. And maybe, after two years of playing IL2 and FB, I'd finally be able to taxi lol.

Buster_Dee
01-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks for all Oleg. I was wondering if there is any way to model the B17 formations, at least smaller 16-plane variety. I realize that's 4 times the current level. Also, the formation "reshuffling" required to maintain interlocking fire after a plane drops out adds complexity. And other as to braking, your present scheme works, but I still struggle when using rudder pedals. If the brakes already depend on rudder direction, what would be the harm in allowing a second brake key assignment (like the other assignments). Allow both pedals to be the brake, even though they are not what determines direction. That wouldn't be exactly the same as differential braking, but it would be very close. And maybe, after two years of playing IL2 and FB, I'd finally be able to taxi lol.